Free Vista Beta 2 DVD!

bwhsh8r

92 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how long approx. it will take to ship. Anyone have it yet?

i started the thread today, so no one has them yet, im going to guess, to the us no more than 3 weeks... more like 2- tho..... i guess well have to wait and see, i cant wait!!!

max

From where?

well u can get them through download, or if ur msdn u get them all sent to ur house, or if ur a beta tester u can pay to get it, and if uve allready got them then u can get more and ebay them (theyre going for like 60~70 here... ive seen two copies go)

max

Woo hoo! Cant wait to get mine!

Wait, what are a bunch of Mac users doin gettin all excited about a Windows disc anyways?

^_^

lol, cause its totially cool, free, and cool.... w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

max

From where?

a while ago MS had a public beta key and DVD download available for free ^_^

I still have the DVD right here, but I uninstalled it, and reverted back to XP. Vista was horrible.

a while ago MS had a public beta key and DVD download available for free :D

I still have the DVD right here, but I uninstalled it, and reverted back to XP. Vista was horrible.

yep, ive got two keys, and a dvd, and i reverted back to xp/pc-bsd... i hated vista, it is quite buggy, i just want teh dvds

max

yep, ive got two keys, and a dvd, and i reverted back to xp/pc-bsd... i hated vista, it is quite buggy, i just want teh dvds

max

Why get a DVD? The burned one is the same exact thing.

Really Vista was worse than XP? I know vista is still a Beta, but it has been in production for so long...

What kind of buggyness is there in vista?

Why get a DVD? The burned one is the same exact thing.

collection, ebay (theyre going for 40+ usd) and i have a burnt copy too... but the mailed ones are cooler too... senva, the bugginess is getting better, but it still runs quite slowly, is a resource hog and needs alot more work to be ready... i hear the build after that is better tho.... but still, as i sayed b4, if u dont like it collect the dvds or ebay them... and xps bugs have been for the most part worked out, because microsoft has had time to patch it and fix it.... sorry if thats not what you expected, and microsofts betas are known to be of a buggy nature....

max

a lot of programs don't work in Vista. and when a stable release of an MS product is buggy, the beta is bound to be torture :D

exzactly, my dad thinks im stupid for even ordering the disks, but idc cause he also thinks linux sucks... but the betas are really bad... i think after sp1 the oss are fine, but intil then not so much (cept for the server oss, those are better, i loved the server 2003 alot more than xp... it runs alot better ) :)

max

Well it expires on a certain date so. Something can be done to prolong it :construction:

I'm waiting for mine now.

yep, but it runs slower i think if you disable those services........ and idk if it will prolong it, it just wont make u activate.....

oh, and sam_the_killer... unlike previous betas, this one expires on a certain date.......

max

I'm about to give my DVD for it to my bro to let him try it I think...

The keys are good for up to 10 computers... so your all good there... but you might want to dualboot instead of wiping the whole hdd.... just a hint

max