Success with Asrock 775i945GZ Conroe board

23 posts in this topic

I am new to the OSX86 topic, but i think i was really lucky with my chosen Hardware.

I could not find any storys about this board or chiset here, so this may be useful if you search for hardware.

I installed the jas 10.4.6 DVD without any problems from an PATA DVD-ROM to a PATA HD.

I only activated SSE3 and GMA900 patches.

After rebooting system and graphics are running like Hell :-) ...so the Quarzt engine must be supported (and i can switch to any resolution).

Internal LAN is working too.

SATA is not tested.

There was no sound device, so i used the tip for activating the ALC883 for the ALC888 on this board.. success!

I am not sure, if i should patch or tweak anything else.

CPU is a 326 Celeron. (more a heating device than a CPU)

Now i am waiting for the 4200 or 4300 Conroe. (because the 945GZ is limited to FSB800)

post-47901-1155226274_thumb.png

That's great!! I was looking at this board but since no one else had tried it .......

Is there any reason you didn't use a SATA hard drive?? I was hoping to use on and install direct to it from the DVD but as I understand it there are some issues that may or may not have been solved.

Is there any reason you didn't use a SATA hard drive?? I was hoping to use on and install direct to it from the DVD but as I understand it there are some issues that may or may not have been solved.

I simply don't own any sata devices :-)

But the 945G (without Z) chipset is reported for working SATA..

What do you think about tis one: ConRoe945G-DVI with FSB 1066,SATA and dualVGA. For 65$ a bargain.

Coolio

Wow, I really like this one. It should also run OSX fine because of chipsets in there (D945G and ICH7).

Sound should be fine, but don't know about the LAN (realteck RTL8111B) - I'm planning to use OSX

supported usb-WiFi device that I already have for internet access.

Where did u get the 65$ price tag? I want to order one.

zimba: can you please try something for me? can you verify if system sleep / wake works on your setup? i'm considering this board for an HTPC setup, and sleep/wake is critical :P

Is the processor recognized in Sys Profiler at all?

The celeron is recognized...

zimba: can you please try something for me? can you verify if system sleep / wake works on your setup? i'm considering this board for an HTPC setup, and sleep/wake is critical ;)

System sleep works after enabling it in the BIOS.

It works from both, the PS/2-keybord sleep/wakeup keys and from finder.

But the CPU fan sometimes keep running... i will watch this.

post-47901-1155365516_thumb.png

Bought the ASRock ConRoe945G-DVI today, with an intel e6300 cpu and 2x512 mb DDRII 800 CL 5 RAM (MNT) today, but my power supply seems to be broken, will post results of this theoretically very nice board asap.

cheerio

wipmac

Bought the ASRock ConRoe945G-DVI today, with an intel e6300 cpu and 2x512 mb DDRII 800 CL 5 RAM (MNT) today, but my power supply seems to be broken, will post results of this theoretically very nice board asap.

cheerio

wipmac

Where did u buy it from? I like that board too.

EDIT: never mind. ordered from eWiz.com (free shipping).

installed the ASRock Conroe945-DVI today under Windows XP (cpu and other specs see my post above). It runs fairly well, as soon as u dont use gfx-intensive things - let it be a zoom/pan 2d screensaver with fotos.. pretty slow then.. but for normal 2d xp windows moving its even faster at redrawing than my old ati radeon 9800 pro.

will test tomorrow with osx86. but LAN probably is not going to work, that built in realtek nic doesnt work until now with osx.

cheerio

wipmac

• 4 weeks later...
No mouse tearing!

This is the link to the alc882 tip.. i only replaced 882 by 888 in the first string:

forum - ALC882

Hi, hmm, I also have this motherboard. The only problem is that the audio just does not seem to want to work. I've tried the link you posted but still no sucess. Onboard sound is also enabled in the bios. Help anyone?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just installed this board, with a SATA hd. It is running very slow and weird, the applications open quickly but it acts as if it didn't had SATA (like windows behaves before installing the sata driver). Videos are slow to watch.

Maybe even though sata is listed, can it be that it is not working correctly?

Otherwise, graphics, lan, cpu run very well.

I'm a noob, anyone knows how I can test this?

Thanks

UPDATE: I downloaded xbench and found out disk performance is ok, but memory tests come out negative. Are these memory tests dependent of the hard drive? My RAM is listed as SDRAM instead of DDRII or just DDR SDRAM as I've seen in most people.

Also although my sata drive is listed, the protocol used is ata, is that what you have too?

I'm gonna try and post my benchs here, it would be great to see other peoples benchs too!

Cheers

I finally solved it! It was the Hyperthreading that was causing all of this, I had no idea that we were supposed to deactivate it!!

The system is nearly flawless now, with sleep functions and all, the only thing now is that it doesn't shutdown the machine, so I have to press the button and wait for a while, oh well..

The install guides should mention that one must deactivate HT!!! I tried to do it via those xcode extras, but it didn't work.

• 1 year later...

Anyone can help?

I installed it using Kalywya dvd 10.5.2 (I just selected vanilla kernel) but I can't boot. The system reboots after darwin screen. I have tried with -v- -f -x but nothign changes after I pess intro the computer reboots.

Might it be because it doesn't run on Vanilla or a BIOS option I should enable or disable?