Zydas is working on an x86 wireless driver

manifold_family

161 posts in this topic

This thread helped me get a Hawkings HWU54G USB Wireless-G adapter working with my PowerPC mac.

The ZD1211 driver alone, WITHOUT additional config in the plist ids, worked for me. In fact, it set up En1 immediately (after first install on 10.4) and I did not see the WLAN config icon, so I started to do the steps in Tek_No's instructions -- which broke it for me :)

So, if you are using HWU54G on a PPC mac with 10.4, download drivers from here and check your system configuration for the new WLAN connect button (its in "Other" section) -- dont change network settings, just verify that there is an EN1 device there (should show the MAC address of your adapter).

Drivers I used:

http://www.atheros.com/RD/ZyDAS/web_driver...all_3_1_0_0.dmg

I tried the latest ZyDAS drivers for the Airlink AWLL3026 USB Adapter and I could not get it to work on my G3 iMac, a friends G3 iBook, or my Dell Inspiron 6000 with Mac OS 10.4.4 on it. I got it to be detected on the iBook, but no networks would show up for me and I was in the middle of several wireless networks. The other 2 give me a blank screen and won't even detect the adapter. I typed in the decimal calues into the Info.plist file and it still didn't work. I do not have a WEP key on my network.

EDIT: Ok, I finally got it to show up under Network as et1 and manually configured it (because I run a Web Server and don't use DHCP on the router to assign IPs). Then I rebooted and it shoed my network in the ZyDAS utility and so I connected. I am connected with a 90-95% signal strength and 95% link quality. I opened Networking again and the little light beside eth1 was green and said I was connected. I went to open Safari and it claimed it couldn't connect to the page. I tried, Yahoo, Google, InsanelyMac, and several other places and nothing worked. I opened Firefox and got the same results. I tried changing my settings in the Wireless utility from Infastructure to Ad-Hoc and it didn't work either (my channel is 6 and was set to 6 in the utility). So it shows it is connected the entire time but I cannot access any website or get on Adium.

dscf2393fe2.jpg

UPDATE: I figure out what the problem was, I ended up having one of the values for DNS Server wrong in the Networking control panel. I still can't get DHCP to work correctly even when I switched my network settings (it wants to give me a 169.x.x.x number, and I need a 192.x.x.x for my network). For now, this is resolved.

Hmm, sorry to be kind of clueless, but I'm stretching my abilities here. I have a couple of questions.

I performed all the tasks as described by No-Tek... where is this Wlan program? It's not coming up automatically for me and I can't find it anywhere on my drive. Perhaps I used the wrong device and vendor id's. Where do you get these ID's?

Thank you for any assistance, I really need some help on this one. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Belkin F5d7050 v4000 is working with the latest 4.57 driver from zydas on my HP dc7100 SFF. However, it breaks the RESTART function (was OK). Now I can only shut down the computer, if I click the RESTART button, the computer show the 4-language screen.

Anyone has the same problem? :2cents: Regards.

• 3 months later...

hi,

i've found that some of you had or still have ZyDas 1211 driver for your wireless usb adapter (F5D7050 V4). could you mail it for me (garden.of.j@gmail.com), cose its impossible to locate it anywhere on the net.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I am in need of this zydas driver. I have tried all the links and they all seem to be dead. today is the 11 of feb . 2007. I would like someone to uplod to say rapidshare or email me the driver. or put on my idisk account public folder . so we all can have it for the future . it seems this new company may be faulty already.... please help. thx

later

• 1 month later...
I am in need of this zydas driver. I have tried all the links and they all seem to be dead. today is the 11 of feb . 2007. I would like someone to uplod to say rapidshare or email me the driver. or put on my idisk account public folder . so we all can have it for the future . it seems this new company may be faulty already.... please help. thx

later

I have put up the following files on my home server: (LINKS DELETED)

You can find the drivers in a different thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...71&hl=zydas

Smilespray

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tek_No for your fantastic instructions - I was able to setup wireless on AirLink USB with 10.4.6.

Many thanks for smilespray - your link to the driver helped ... I was getting crazy searching for the driver since all past links were removed .

• 3 weeks later...

icon1.gif I'm writing this, using a Xmedia USB wireless driver from ZyDAS, thanks all of you, thanks to InsanelyMac.

Version: 43.30

Manufacturer: wug2670

Product ID: 0x6001

Vendor ID: 0x07b8

I bougth it 8 months ago for my God Old G3 400mhz, I´ve never used intil now, Im using It in my Hackintosh (Pentium D 945).

I lost the CD with drivers for windows, so looking in ZyDAS ftp site i found driver for windows and Linux:

ftp://ftp.zyxeltech.de/ZyDAS/ZD1211_USB/Windows

ftp://ftp.zyxeltech.de/ZyDAS/ZD1211_USB/Linux/

And also there is a Mac OS 10.3 driver:

ftp://ftp.zyxeltech.de/ZyDAS/ZD1211_USB/M...all_3_1_0_0.dmg

• 3 months later...

Hi I happened to have this old Zydas usb wlan dongle for wireless internet access.I found it the other day and got the driver from this forum.And within minutes I was online accessing internet.I am a newbie to this mac on a pc community.But I have a fully functional mac now.Thanks a lot for ur help,I really appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Belkin v4 and it works fine with Zydas Utility but when i restart i always have to disconnect/reconnect the adapter for it to show up again. Seems like a bug :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I've got a Fiberline WL-430U wifi usb dongle.

I've 2 version of it: early one and last one.

I've installed the ZyDAS 4.5.7.0 driver from WEB, 10.4 version.

In the ZD1211Mac.kext and in the ZD1215Mac.kext files I've read the info.plist file and I've found EXACTLY the IDproduct and IDvendor of my dongles (decimal format), first one in the 1211 and second one in 1215.

I think that I don't need any hack (luckly, isn't?) :)

I've rebooted, the dongles seems to be viewed from ZD software (it appear as ZyDAS USB2.0 WLAN) but I cannot see any SSID on the "available network" tab.

Why? :D

I've tried also to hack the info.plist but nothing changes.

I've a notebook with Intel Pentium M 1,2GHz SSE2 with OSX 10.4.10 (8.9.1 kernel).

I'm using also a MiniPCI Atheros AR2414 with the 10.4.5 version of IO80211family.kext and it works very fine...

I've done another try.

I've installed a 10.4.8 (8.4.1 kernel).

With this kernel, WITHOUT patching the drivers, the 1211 dongles works fine, the 1211b doens't.

I've also deleted the 1211b and I've patched the 1211 to works with id's of the last one dongles, but doesn't works....

Now I've a 1211 dongle that works only on 10.4.8 (8.4.1) system, and a 1211b that doesn't works at all.

What patch of "hackintosh" I can check to works with se 1211 dongle in my 10.4.10 (8.9.1)?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else try their ZD1211 based Wireless USB dongle under Leopard yet?

I just tried and used the ZDA211MacUSB_install_4_5_7_0.dmg driver and it doesn't work. I see these errors in the system.log

Oct 26 19:24:38 ns-acpi [0x0-0xe00e].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[139]: Could not get ID for kernel control.

Oct 26 19:22:50 ns-acpi [0x0-0x1d01d].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[405]: : No such file or directory

Oct 26 19:32:34 ns-acpi [0x0-0xe00e].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[139]: 1193444781.487292: : No deviceInfo found

Oct 26 19:22:57 ns-acpi [0x0-0x1d01d].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[405]: application ShouldTerminate

Oct 26 19:22:57 ns-acpi [0x0-0x1d01d].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[405]: application WillTerminate

• 2 weeks later...

Zydas 4.57 10.4 driver is working on Leopard. My wifi usb dongle is a Belkin F5D7050 V4000.

What I did,

1. After first install and restart, try to unplug and replug the dongle first. The device will then appear in the Wlan's Network Adapter list but it is alway connecting and there is NO available network.

2. Open System Preferences, click Network, Configure the Ethernet Adpter (En1) MANUALLY, ie., IP/Subnet Mask/Router/DNS.

3. Click Assist me..., then Diagnotics....

4. Go back to WLan, it should be working now. Good Luck.

BTW, you don't have to unplug the dongle every time after restart. Great...

post-15427-1194233995_thumb.png