Zydas is working on an x86 wireless driver

manifold_family

161 posts in this topic

Zydas 4.57 10.4 driver is working on Leopard. My wifi usb dongle is a Belkin F5D7050 V4000.

What I did,

1. After first install and restart, try to unplug and replug the dongle first. The device will then appear in the Wlan's Network Adapter list but it is alway connecting and there is NO available network.

2. Open System Preferences, click Network, Configure the Ethernet Adpter (En1) MANUALLY, ie., IP/Subnet Mask/Router/DNS.

3. Click Assist me..., then Diagnotics....

4. Go back to WLan, it should be working now. Good Luck.

BTW, you don't have to unplug the dongle every time after restart. Great...

Same here, with a 3Com.

I like more than my Ralink USB, and also has better reception ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, mine (also Belkin F5D7050 V4000) is now also working under Leopard OSX 10.5.1. There is new release of the driver which ends: 9.0 instead of 7.0. The ID of the device and manufacturer were OK with this new release.

Thanks CheeseCake for the additional and extremely helpful instructions to complete the process.

Zydas 4.57 10.4 driver is working on Leopard. My wifi usb dongle is a Belkin F5D7050 V4000.

What I did,

1. After first install and restart, try to unplug and replug the dongle first. The device will then appear in the Wlan's Network Adapter list but it is alway connecting and there is NO available network.

2. Open System Preferences, click Network, Configure the Ethernet Adpter (En1) MANUALLY, ie., IP/Subnet Mask/Router/DNS.

3. Click Assist me..., then Diagnotics....

4. Go back to WLan, it should be working now. Good Luck.

BTW, you don't have to unplug the dongle every time after restart. Great...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have Belkin F5D7051 and cannot get it working under 10.5.1.I downloaded and installed both Zydas 4.5.7 and 4.5.9drivers but no luck - I have nothing in Netwoek Adapter list.And my Belkin is shown as Belkin High Speed Mode Wireless PPP (PPPSerial) Modem (usbmodem 80571)Is there any chance I can get it working, maybe change item description somewhere?I'm new to Mac/Hac and don't know what to edit in the pkg.Thank you in advanceHi, I have Belkin F5D7051 and cannot get it working under 10.5.1.I downloaded and installed both Zydas 4.5.7 and 4.5.9drivers but no luck - I have nothing in Netwoek Adapter list.And my Belkin is shown as Belkin High Speed Mode Wireless PPP (PPPSerial) Modem (usbmodem 80571)Is there any chance I can get it working, maybe change item description somewhere?I'm new to Mac/Hac and don't know what to edit in the pkg.Thank you in advance

Hi, I have Belkin F5D7051 and cannot get it working under 10.5.1.

I downloaded and installed both Zydas 4.5.7 and 4.5.9drivers but no luck - I have nothing in Netwoek Adapter list.

And my Belkin is shown as Belkin High Speed Mode Wireless PPP (PPPSerial) Modem (usbmodem 80571)

Is there any chance I can get it working, maybe change item description somewhere?

I'm new to Mac/Hac and don't know what to edit in the pkg.

Thank you in advance

Happy New Year! Meant to post this some time ago, before I joined forum-but now I can :blink:

The latest drivers for Zydas USB chipsets- lots of different brands- Gigafast, Staples Retail Plus, some Trendnet, etc. can always be found at:

Macwireless

Panther, Tiger and Leopard drivers. They also have drivers for PCI wireless, etc.

I'm posting this in a few Zydas threads- I suppose this is the main driver sub-forum?

• 1 month later...

Leopard 10.5.1

USB2.0 WLAN:

Removable Media: No

Detachable Drive: Yes

BSD Name: en1

Version: 43.30

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: ZyDAS

Mac OS 9 Drivers: No

Partition Map Type: Unknown

Product ID: 0x1211

Vendor ID: 0x0ace

Wlan shows my usb WLAN adaptor but Network doesn´t (shows just the wired LAN)

The dongle works a treat under linux, pitty I can´t get it working under macosx

Anybody can help?

And failing that any chip pci wlan card that works easily on a hackintosh?

EDIT: Updated to 10.5.2 and it works like a charm! with driver 4.5.9 (for 10.4.8)

The bug was on leopard 10.5.1

• 2 months later...

I have my desktop computer with Leopard 10.5.2 and my laptop with Tiger 10.4.9 / Ubuntu 8.04.

Is it possible to share internet connection between the two computers using 2 of this Zydas USB dongles?

The Desktop machine is connected to the internet with cablemodem through the Ethernet port. I just couldn't set it up. I thought it would be the same than share internet with an ethernet cable.

• 4 months later...

Hi..this is my first post and Ive been having alot of problems with the Zydas driver and the WLAN.app. I'm using a zyXel g-220 v2 wifi reciever and the poduct id is 13327 and the vendor id is 1414. I tried following Tek_No's guide, and when I finished the adapter still wasnt being recodnised by the computer. Then I just completely deleted the ZD1215Mac.kext and replaced it with the one this guy posted in this topic (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=106752). Now the adapted is recognized, but when the WLAN app starts up the icon bounces for a while and then it says the application failed. Thanks you guys.. this has taken me hours to try and fix but I dont know why its behaving this way. PS Im using leopard 10.5.4 and Ive tried versions 4.5.7 and 4.5.10 of the Zydas drivers.

Guest BuildSmart
Hi..this is my first post and Ive been having alot of problems with the Zydas driver and the WLAN.app. I'm using a zyXel g-220 v2 wifi reciever and the poduct id is 13327 and the vendor id is 1414. I tried following Tek_No's guide, and when I finished the adapter still wasnt being recodnised by the computer. Then I just completely deleted the ZD1215Mac.kext and replaced it with the one this guy posted in this topic (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=106752). Now the adapted is recognized, but when the WLAN app starts up the icon bounces for a while and then it says the application failed. Thanks you guys.. this has taken me hours to try and fix but I dont know why its behaving this way. PS Im using leopard 10.5.4 and Ive tried versions 4.5.7 and 4.5.10 of the Zydas drivers.

Ok, lets get you to provide information that is helpful.

Go to system profiler and click on USB and then click on your device.

You will know you have identified the correct device when you see output that looks something like: (I have two of these devices)

USB2.0 WLAN:

Removable Media:	No
 Detachable Drive:	Yes
 BSD Name:	en2
 Version:	48.10
 Bus Power (mA):	500
 Speed:	Up to 480 Mb/sec
 Manufacturer:	ZyDAS
 Mac OS 9 Drivers:	No
 Partition Map Type:	Unknown
 Product ID:	0x340f
 Vendor ID:	0x0586

and

USB2.0 WLAN:

Removable Media:	No
 Detachable Drive:	Yes
 BSD Name:	en3
 Version:	48.10
 Bus Power (mA):	500
 Speed:	Up to 480 Mb/sec
 Manufacturer:	ZyDAS
 Mac OS 9 Drivers:	No
 Partition Map Type:	Unknown
 Product ID:	0x1215
 Vendor ID:	0x0ace

Your values will probably be different so you will have to provide the information if you wish to be helped.

hey,

im running kaly 10.5.4 with the longshine lcs8131g3 and the zydas driver. i can use it with WEP without problems...but in WPA2 i have some strange issues.

it is connecting, but it didnt receive an ip from my dhcp. has somebody the same problem???

are there any known similar issues??? i didnt found something like that with the search.

the wpa2 is very important for me.

any help is very appreciated.

thanks....

robert

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi guys i have an usb wlan adapter with zydas chipset and i have installed latest drivers version 4 and i use wpa2-key

perhaps I am wrong but seeing the screenshot it seems that there are not problems and the connection uses wpa2 successfully..i am wrong?

i have leopard 10.5.5

see attached screenshot for view zydas settings

p.s some informations about usb wlan from system profiler:

removable Media: No

detachable Drive: Yes

BSD Name: en1

Version: 48.10

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: ZyDAS

Mac OS 9 Drivers: No

Partition Map Type: Unknown

Product ID: 0x6003

Vendor ID: 0x1582

post-231492-1227971361_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I get an appropriate (see Buildsmart from Sept 9, 2008) output from my System Profiler which is very strange because I get a flash of light from the adapter, it's powering on and then off again in about 1-2 seconds. Removing the adapter doesn't change what shows up in Profiler.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
I get an appropriate (see Buildsmart from Sept 9, 2008) output from my System Profiler which is very strange because I get a flash of light from the adapter, it's powering on and then off again in about 1-2 seconds. Removing the adapter doesn't change what shows up in Profiler.

Any ideas?

I'm in the exact same situation...

I follow the guide in here for 10.5.x, and im on 10.5.2, I was even on 10.5.6 and it wouldn't work.

I connect the USB, light flashes on for 1 seconds, then goes off, its recognized in Network Preferences as USB Ethernet, I manually enter the info, but when I go back to WLan it's still at "Connecting..." and doesn't display any networks.

Please help!

• 1 month later...
I'm in the exact same situation...

I follow the guide in here for 10.5.x, and im on 10.5.2, I was even on 10.5.6 and it wouldn't work.

I connect the USB, light flashes on for 1 seconds, then goes off, its recognized in Network Preferences as USB Ethernet, I manually enter the info, but when I go back to WLan it's still at "Connecting..." and doesn't display any networks.

Please help!

I share the same experience. It looks like the radio is off. Anyway to check the radio status?

Fiberline WL-430U (a.k.a. Zydas 1211b USB) works on iDeneb 1.4 / 10.5.6 (with patches)

Motherboard used: ASUS P5Q-E

BIOS set to Legacy USB enabled, BIOS EHCI Hand-Off disabled

What I needed to do was:

1: The "USB fix 1.3.MPKG" (aka USB Fix Installer)

Forum link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;mode=threaded

(Download is in solution 'C')

2: The Leopard Driver '4.5.7d0' for the Zydas 1211b USB found on Versiontracker

Link: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/29964

It forces a reboot, so:

3: reboot

4: (if the network interface does not appear) The workaround as mentioned in this thread.

System Preferences > Network > Add (+) > Ethernet adapter > configure manually IP, s/n, router, dns...

5: un- and re-plug the USB dongle (eventually the driver crashes/freezes)

6: another reboot

7: connect to desired WLAN network, then switch the newly created Ethernet adaptor to "dhcp", everything good now.

Finally I can remove that cable :(

Andreas