Zydas is working on an x86 wireless driver

manifold_family

161 posts in this topic

You can use your router's IP address for Gateway entry in Network...

Did you already try the OTHER kext (so if you're using the ZD1211Mac.kext try the ZD1215Mac.kext)???

Also, after making changes in System Preferences - Network try quitting WLan and starting it again before making any changes in there...

Sorry to say but I just can't remember the sequence and all the things I have been doing to get it working but once it works it keeps on working nice and steady...

Take care,

Tek_No

I;ve got the belkin f5d7050 and it works !:gathering:

Thank you, but how see witch version ... you talk about v3000 and v4 ...etc..

v4000 is printed on the sticker attached on the back of my wifi stick...

Take care,

Tek_No

Tek_No (and others ofcourse),

i've been experiencing a lot of ... how do you call it .. packetloss kinda things.

I;m connected to a LInksys withouth WEP/WPA/ any other encryptions ..

But it looses often it's connection ... well not the entire connection .. (belkin software says it's still connected .. ) but i can get anywhere..

Does this also happen to you (guys) ?

i've been experiencing a lot of ... how do you call it .. packetloss kinda things.

But it looses often it's connection ... well not the entire connection .. (belkin software says it's still connected .. ) but i can get anywhere..

Not really.... What's your "Signal Strength" and "Link Quality" as shown in WLAN?

I give up on the Airlink adapter. I can't afford to be that cheap. I'm wasting more time/money trying to make it work. What's a good wireless adapater that will work with both PC and Macs without having to hack or "fix" the thing? Anyone?

My strength & signal are almost all the time over 80 %

Link quality is above 85% ... and has never droppped below .. strength .. has been droped to 60, but quality is still at 90% ..

Strange behaviour .. and i now myself a bit of wireless ... (we've got a newwork in a town of around 80 people ..

But heey ,,, this is mac :)

Could it be somewhere in my mainboard ... or . some other driver ..

Can;t it be that the USB is not giving enough power .. ?

My strength & signal are almost all the time over 80 %

Link quality is above 85% ... and has never droppped below .. strength .. has been droped to 60, but quality is still at 90% ..

Strange behaviour .. and i now myself a bit of wireless ... (we've got a newwork in a town of around 80 people ..

But heey ,,, this is mac :lol:

Could it be somewhere in my mainboard ... or . some other driver ..

Can;t it be that the USB is not giving enough power .. ?

Sorry, can't really tell you as I don't have these problems over here: even when connected on laptop battery it's working fine and stable....

Take care,

Tek_No

I saw that Zydas posted a new version of their MAC 1211x 802.11 driver the other day (4_5_2_0) on their web site. Did anyone try it? Does it work better than the 4_5_0_0 initial UB version?

I got a chance to test the new verion. It seams that t's not as reliable as the older version and for some reason, the windows and linux driver work better. I can't really explain so i'll describe it.

* browsing is slow

* a lot of times I get no light indicator on the the USB stick and can't connect either to the AP or the remote host

* when I reboot to windows or linux, The USB stick can't be detected again. But when I reboot from win to linux and vise versa, the USB stick is detected

* when I reboot OS X, the US stick isn't detected unless I force refresh from the WLAN application

Note that the above problems can be solved most of the time by unplugging the USB Stick. That's why I use my 1 meter USB extension cable and not directly conect the USB stick to the USB port.

I'm going to go back to the older version for now.

cheers

@Domino, have you tried unloading the kextfile ?

I;ve encountered also some problems .. most of the time it looses connection ...msn stays logged on , but my browser won;t go anywhere. ..

My solution then is doublecilck the connection(AP) again, wait a could of secconds and you're good to go.

@Domino, have you tried unloading the kextfile ?

I;ve encountered also some problems .. most of the time it looses connection ...msn stays logged on , but my browser won;t go anywhere. ..

My solution then is doublecilck the connection(AP) again, wait a could of secconds and you're good to go.

Yea, That's what usually do. Last case scenario is to unplug the stick, wait 5 secs, and plug it back in.

Hi guys, Just thought i'd let you know that a new set of drivers have gone up today (4_5_4_0) on the zydas site. Don't know if they work any better.

Wow, you guys are on tops of this :). Will give it a try in a couple of hours

Zydas is spinning new versions of these wireless osx86 drivers faster than MS issues patches. At least they are actively working on it though and trying to make it work right. I wish they would post revision histories though so we could see what fixes they keep making.

I still don't know the changes from the last builds. Anyhoe, 4540 works. There is a readme stating some problems.

Release note:

Known issue:

1. For Intel-based system, the wireless network adapter can't work any more after system restart. So please unplug the wireless card before system restart.

2. For Intel-based system, the wireless network adapter can't work any more after system wake up from the sleep state, So please unplug the wireless card before system entering sleep state.

3. For PPC-based system, the system would hang if unplug the wireless card while wireless card is scanning.

That said, even if I unplug the stick before rebooting and plug it back in once I get back to the desktop, I still have to double click on the SSID name in order to connect to the AP. Not that distressing but I wish it would just connect without intervention :smoke:

Same results for me. Card recognized, no networks found ;)

In the mean time Zydas also released an installation guide for their driver at the same download location...

Did you already have a look in there?

Take care,

Tek_No

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem here with a new OvisLink WL-5480USB-80 adapter. The adapter is recognized as ZyDAS WLAN USB 2.0 but no networks are found. I can enter parameters like SSID, key, etc. but this does not help as well. I tried both drivers (1211 / 1215) without success.

Does anyone have an older version of the drivers ? Maybe they work - I'm using a PPC ibook so x86 code is not an issue for me.

Greetings

Christian