Get your UVC webcam working as Apple iSight

102 posts in this topic

work here with 10.7 - [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.8 [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and a more recent bootloader chameleon r1340:

- GA-H67N-USB3-B3

- intel i5 2500k

- 4Gb RAM ocz

- PowerColor HD5770 1Gb

- Logitech C210 works OOB with FacTime and Photo Booth

mic and camera work well also with Skype/Soundstudio

• 4 weeks later...

the kext is unloadable ... using kextutil -i it gives the following message:

"com.AnV_Software.driver.AnyiSightCam - no executable, not startable"

Lion 10.7.1 with Cisco VT II camera.

P.S: vID and pID were modified .. any ideas ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Microsoft Lifecam Studio HD that works OOB with FaceTime, QuickTime, Photo Booth and every Application that needs a Mic. iMovie doesn't work.

With Andy's kext it is recognized as iSight, but the cam stop working. I have no video and no sound at all. :)

I uninstalled the kext and reverted back to where I was before. At least I can record my full hd videos with QuickTime and edit with iMovie.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I have a Chicony USB 2.0 camera (product 0xb008, vendor 0x04f2). I installed the AnyiSightCam.kext editing the Info.plist and the camera shows in system profiler as an iSight, but the apps says "no camera connected" (same problem as as Flashe had). I am using Lion 10.7.4. What is going wrong?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Any one can help me to install a driver for my nx 3000 Microsoft webcam on Mointain Lion? How can I do?

I looked after your problem and I found out that you need to download "Sonix 102p Driver" for mac, and then you need to edit the vendor ID and some other things in the info.plist for your webcam, and it will work with that kext.

If you send me your webcam product id and vendor id in PM, then I can make it for you.

UP intelligent answer please!

Wow you really spammed the topic with all these "UP"s...

Anyway, try this: Sonix SN9C102p WebCam.component.zip

I changed the IDs in it for your webcam.

Extract it, then copy the component file to "/Library/Quicktime" (yes there, not to the extensions folder)

And if you're lucky, it will work.