Security Update 2006-004 (Intel)

Dapper Dan

50 posts in this topic

same problem as jihuiwen

Disk Utility internal error

Disk Utility has lost its connection with the Disk Management Tool and cannot continue. Please quit and relaunch Disk Utility.

what can i do please help!

where would i turn to find the old Bom.framework

One way might be:

Get Pacifist.

Mount your install DVD to the desktop.

Use Pacifist to open the DVD and go to: System/Library/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg

In Pacifist:

Under System -> Library -> PrivateFrameworks, extract (or install) the Bom.framework.

amd patch

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices

91b40210

91b62424 cpuid

91b70e0d cpuid

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Bom.framework/Versions/A/Bom

90f5ddf0

90f68e11 cpuid

90f6eda1 cpuid

fixes Bom and Diskutil problems , remove it if it's against your retarded american law , it's just text tho :blink::hysterical:

Worked Great.

All I did is download the update from apples site, open it, update the system and reboot....

All works fine. system is a little more stable too.

working here too, 10.4.7 Intel. Packages can still be installed even without restoring the bom.framework, and Disk Utility was also still working right after install.

working here too, 10.4.7 Intel. Packages can still be installed even without restoring the bom.framework, and Disk Utility was also still working right after install.

Maybe Myzar was trying to tell us its an AMD thing...

amd patch

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices

91b40210

91b62424 cpuid

91b70e0d cpuid

90f5ddf0

90f68e11 cpuid

90f6eda1 cpuid

could you explain how i should do that a little more Myzar? thanks

Nevermind, i just did it.

i used "Maxxuss Mach-O Binary Patcher v1.0"

well, acutally, what i did was using the one included in SemjaZa's "decrpyted binaries from 10.4.7" package, edited the "10.4.7_update_patches.txt" file to match the quoted, and ran the patcher. i cannot link you to the package, but you can find some clues on where to get it here, when you get the package, you'll know what im talking about.

amd patch

91b40210

91b62424 cpuid

91b70e0d cpuid

90f5ddf0

90f68e11 cpuid

90f6eda1 cpuid

fixes Bom and Diskutil problems , remove it if it's against your retarded american law , it's just text tho :):hysterical:

Sorry, I'm new to hackintosh... How do I apply this?

I tried to execute the file, open it with an hexadecimal editor... etc... and I can't find out how... :idea: ?

Thanks

Edit: Well, I downloaded the Semjaza 10.4.7 patcher, modified the 10.4.7_update_patches.txt just like jihuien and myzar said. After that, I applied the patch, rebooted... but diskutils still refuses to work. Tried to apply the patch again, but I get:

Patching file: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices

0 of 0 patches applied

Is there something wrong?

Thanks!

Edit (2):

Well, reading again (... and again... and again.... :whistle: ) this thread, I learned to use Pacifist, open the AMD 10.4.7 update package and reinstalled the bom and launchservices packages.

Now everything works perfect, the installer and the diskutil! :D

Cheers!!

Ah wow I love how I am the first one to have a problem with the update. I installed the update via Software Update and it did not finish and failed at the end. I shutdown the OS then rebooted and it hangs at the start up. I Booted to my 10.4.6 DVD and fixed the disk (it found two illegal file names) and repaired permissions then rebooted. It didnt seem to fix anything. Its been sitting at the boot screen doing nothing for atleast 20 minutes.

I have 10.4.7>originally from 10.4.6 JaS DVD. Running a SSE2 Pentium M.

Is there a way I can salvage this installation, I really dont want to have to reformat.

edit: I tried -s,-x, and -v and found that the boot breaks here:

Load of /sbin/launchd, errno 88, trying /sbin/mach_init

Load of /sbin/launchd failed, errno 88