ATi x200 Callisto Success/Problem

38 posts in this topic

I need some assistance. I have Callisto working and can change resolutions and everything, but I was wondering if there was some way to get it to see the full amount of video memory I have, and to possibly get Quartz Extreme and CoreImage to work properly, along with OpenGL.

I've tried quite a few different things, and none have worked properly. I'm trying various little things on my own, but have gotten nowhere. Anyone have any thoughts?

My laptop is an HP dv5000us with the x200 ATi chipset, 128MB VRAM.

same problem.. same chipset (x200 with gpu) same vram 128MB, but reported as 16MB.

Same problem with openGL and QE/CI.

Looks like we are on our own GP1138. hahaha..

okay, why not we try to work on it? are u up for the challenge? I am a total noob in MacOS too.. and i dont know how to write hardware driver.. but at least there is somewhere that we could start..

for example, x300 is using the same chipset as x200, thus we can start from there. Another thing is, i think the bridge to pcie is missing in our case.. if we tried to use koverg's patch, we ended up with a froze screen, thus, there is something not telling the gpu..

ps: maybe u could change the title of the thread to "x200 challenge" or something :) to attract more experts to it hehehe.. just a thought..

we are not talking abt the resolution changes are we?

i mean, the callisto is the framebuffer driver, some ppl got away with callisto + patched driver..

i may be wrong, but what we need is some sort of driver that knows our southbridge..

1. vram detected doesnt make a difference for Callisto since 2D framebuffer doesnt need thatmuch memory

2. x200 is based on rv410 chip (x700) should support qe/ci.

note - linux drivers for ati mysteriously dropped support for x200 after a while - some say i has a messed up architecture

are u serious? muhahahaha that's freaking hillarious... so let me get this straight, WE are not gonna get those things ever?

btw, im using callisto 003 (fixed). That's the only one that works for me and it's built for laptops (well mostly).

btw, fireshark, u need at least 32MB Vram to run iWork, and yes, i still care abt the vram.. haha

Hi

I've running Callisto Drivers version 3 too, it works for changing the resolution to the native of my laptopdisplay (1280x800@60).

I too have no CI/QE and only 16 mb vram detected, but are interested to get it working, and correct the right vram size.

But i don't know if you talking about the same card, mine is x200M (id 5975), not x200, or are they the same?

sorry for bad english, it isn't my native language.

HI, I have a toshiba satellite A105 laptop with ATI SB450 controler and ATI x200m video card. I can't even intall OSX. Always "waiting for boot device?"

In vmware, I can install 10.4.6 Jas but it slow like heaven. and ATI X200M was not supported even changing resolution. Can anybody help me?

HI, I have a toshiba satellite A105 laptop with ATI SB450 controler and ATI x200m video card. I can't even intall OSX. Always "waiting for boot device?"

In vmware, I can install 10.4.6 Jas but it slow like heaven. and ATI X200M was not supported even changing resolution. Can anybody help me?

I also have this problem on my laptop HP L2000

But sometimes my systems boot to OSX (realy slow) , sometimes show fireware 1394 and stop booting then after a 1 min "waiting for root device?"

This is on jas 10.4.6 PPF1 (ATI ATA marked )

I have ATI SB400 SB

Someone to give me a right driver (kext)

you would need JAS ppf1 patch for 10.4.6 DVD

;) Yes, I tried this DVD. It's no "waiting for root device" anymore. But the installation is so slow that I have to stop it. I think it might take me more than 5 hours to finish the installation. Is there any upgrade patch for this one? Many thanks.

yeah, i tried that agpgart, it didnt work..

problem with our gpu is that, the chipset doesnt have northbridge like most chipsets for intel architecture.

AMD has integrated the northbridge into the CPU itself. In layman's term, normal tricks wont do for us.. sad sad..

Some infos on TI video card X200 (RS480M):

http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/press/2004/4796.html

http://ir.ati.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=105421&a...&highlight=

That's very interesting :

http://www.digital-daily.com/motherboard/ati-rs480/

and to whom that understand italian:

http://www.tomshw.it/motherboard.php?guide...adeon_xpress-01

I'm not sure but it seems that chipset x200 has integrated a core grapghics video similar to Ati Radeon 9600.