Safari 5.0.3 Update Released

rednous

13 posts in this topic

This update contains improvements to usability, compatibility, stability, accessibility and security, including the following:

• More accurate Top Hit results in the Address Field
  • More accurate results in Top Sites
  • Fixes an issue that could cause content delivered with the Flash 10.1 plug-in to overlap webpage content
  • More reliable pop-up blocking
  • Improved stability when typing into search and text input fields on www.netflix.com and www.facebook.com
  • Improved stability when using JavaScript-intensive extensions
  • Improved stability when using VoiceOver with Safari

For detailed information on the security content of this update, please visit this site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

• 1 month later...
I never use Safari but updated the {censored} anyway, just to keep it happy.

It's the only browser that fully utilizes the GPU :wacko:

EDIT: XLR, also Safari is the fastest browser so far :P

I have always had a warm reception for Firefox since its introduction maybe out of contempt for Microsoft's IE. Over the years, there were ups and downs with Firefox and I still stick with it, well maybe until recently. All the important websites I visit deliver contents via Adobe Flash and the latest (including the FF4 Beta) does not display properly despite having Flash installed. Hence I turn to Safari.

Much to my surprise, I find it works better than browser I use currently (yes, including Chrome). It supports Silverlight, Flash and maybe all the underpinning protocols not listed here because I have not yet encounter any hiccup. I am sure there are users who disagree with me (and I agree) that the lack of plugins and extensions are major turnoffs.

But what good does it do when your browser can't render contents?

I got the "syncing disks" --- "Killing all processes" "Cpu halted" after installing this update and rebooting. Didn't change anything else before that, so I'm rather sure this is the root of the problem. I'm a P5K SE/Epu with C2D, so maybe others with that configuration will want to wait a little or help me after they fixed it...

I got the "syncing disks" --- "Killing all processes" "Cpu halted" after installing this update and rebooting. Didn't change anything else before that, so I'm rather sure this is the root of the problem. I'm a P5K SE/Epu with C2D, so maybe others with that configuration will want to wait a little or help me after they fixed it...

Try repairing your OS X system disk permissions.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I got also problems after installing the safari 5.0.3 update. Safari was hanging on sites with flash contents and the only thing was a bouncing beach ball loading the content and had to force a quit of safari. I did an uninstall of the 32bits flashplayer plugin and installed the 64bits adobe flashplayer which you can find in the adobe labs. I use safari in 64bits mode now without any hick ups.

cheers