rhd 5500/5600/5830

netkas

152 posts in this topic

Hi

try to replace these kexts http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9173457/ATI%20Kexts.zip and of course repair permissions. Let me know how it goes

I tried, but still get this "ATIRadeonX3000"

(when i injected device ID = 0x689e1002 in ati5xxx and ati3xxx kexts)

Maybe I chose a combination of the worst (ASROCK and ATI-5830).

If some thread or GUI ,Youtobe vedio that successfully installed drive about ATI5830.

I will study and concern and try not to give up. :)

any way

thanks very much , likewise and digitalsin :)

post-674305-1287199536_thumb.jpg

Well you didnt have to inject device ID because the ones i gave you already have Device Id in it (thats why i gave you those :))

Can you tell me your Chameleon version ,and which one updata .

(MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.4.dmg , MacOSXUpd10.6.4.dmg )

And which boot file(boot 8,9,Uakari ? or new Chameleon version boot)

and show me "com.apple.Boot.plist" or 5830 VRAM---> "1024MB" picture

Any way how I test , just get 5830 VRAM 256MB :) (I try PCIRootUID too)

Thanks!

Can you tell me your Chameleon version ,and which one updata .

(MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.4.dmg , MacOSXUpd10.6.4.dmg )

And which boot file(boot 8,9,Uakari ? or new Chameleon version boot)

and show me "com.apple.Boot.plist" or 5830 VRAM---> "1024MB" picture

Any way how I test , just get 5830 VRAM 256MB :rolleyes: (I try PCIRootUID too)

Thanks!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=77473 <----boot=Uakari

Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r516

mac_os_x_10.6.5_10h555_delta_updatereversioner

<dict>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,2)</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=x86_64</string>

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Default</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string></plist>

</dict>

</plist>

and Pics http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9173457/pics.zip

Hello all,

I know the topic doesn't have my card in it, but close enough I hope....

Quick question - has anyone have a success with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730?

And before you say it, - yes I did see somewhere posted "no mobility support at this time", but one can still hope and research - right? ;)

I have yet to go through all frame-buffers (only tried Uakari and Vervet so far) and have yet to confirm that ATY_Init.kext is actually loading - it hasn't occurred to me to check that before, I'm still fairly new at this. Although I did manage to have everything working on my notebook, of of the external USB HDD.... -_-

Thanks in advance!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=77473 <----boot=Uakari

Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r516

mac_os_x_10.6.5_10h555_delta_updatereversioner

and Pics http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9173457/pics.zip

Hi digitalsin , I get succeeded!! (Use your kext , and Chameleon 2.0 R516) :D

When I connect two screens,(VGA adapter & DVI cable), then it work .

If only connect single screen, I get DVI black , VGA is white lines screen.

So connect two screens that also a key point. :rolleyes:

Any way , really thank you Digitalsin.

Give me support and advice, let my HIS HD5830 get work on the 64-bit.

But another problem

When I only use single screen, I must maintain a persistent connection of two cable on HD5830.

If only connect one cable, I can't successfully boot osx. (DVI is black, VGA is white lines)

Any way to properly support a single monitor mode ?

Maybe my system without DSDT, so boot very quickly.

After this , I will try to learn how to make it work better. (on 10.6.4 or 10.6.5)

Thanks again Digitalsin. :D

post-674305-1287399904_thumb.jpg

post-674305-1287399918_thumb.jpg

Hi digitalsin , I get succeeded!! (Use your kext , and Chameleon 2.0 R516) :D

When I connect two screens,(VGA adapter & DVI cable), then it work .

If only connect single screen, I get DVI black , VGA is white lines screen.

So connect two screens that also a key point. :rolleyes:

Any way , really thank you Digitalsin.

Give me support and advice, let my HIS HD5830 get work on the 64-bit.

But another problem

When I only use single screen, I must maintain a persistent connection of two cable on HD5830.

If only connect one cable, I can't successfully boot osx. (DVI is black, VGA is white lines)

Maybe my system without DSDT, so boot very quickly.

After this , I will try to learn how to make it work better. (on 10.6.4 or 10.6.5)

Thanks again Digitalsin. :D

thats ok, happy to help.....since i'm learning my self.

i havent figure out the monitor thing yet but am guessing we need a different framebuffer, i have tried a few but not all.

and hopefully that (framebuffer) will unlock QE/CI aswell.

And if you do find out the problem please share it with us

cheers

Ok a lot of talking of 5600 series...what about 5500?

I have HD5550 device id x68da, which I can not get to work.

If I understood you guys correctly, that installing only Aty-init, the card should show in system profile

as ATI 5500 Series?

Mine not.

I was able to get a Sapphire 5670 DVI out working in 32-bit with the following framebuffers: Uakari, Baboon, Vervet, Langur, Galago, Hoolock, Motmot. It does not work with the Eulemur frame buffer.

It worked very well once I realized I was using the wrong ATY_Init which didn't have 5600 series included (and that my ramdisk was loading a second (first) copy of the wrong ATY_Init). Once I changed ATY_Init, it worked right away and allowed install of Graphics Update 1.0 without errors.

I do have a question though: What is the difference between the framebuffers? I seem to get roughly the same OpenGL score for all. I only need DVI out. Is there any usefulness to picking one over another?

Thank you netkas for the ATY_Init.

But another problem

Zonalis boot will fix that problem but still no QE/CI :)

@digitalsin i've got a 5830, too.

tried your methode aswell, but i've got only one 30" cinema display.

Screen turns black...

Is there a solution to get the 5830 to work (with 1 monitor)?

uhmm how do you connect the monitor? to the display port? cause if thats the case i cant help much as i dont have one to test. BUT like i said before Zonalis boot works for me with one monitor DVI port

• 2 weeks later...
I was able to get a Sapphire 5670 DVI out working in 32-bit with the following framebuffers: Uakari, Baboon, Vervet, Langur, Galago, Hoolock, Motmot. It does not work with the Eulemur frame buffer.

It worked very well once I realized I was using the wrong ATY_Init which didn't have 5600 series included (and that my ramdisk was loading a second (first) copy of the wrong ATY_Init). Once I changed ATY_Init, it worked right away and allowed install of Graphics Update 1.0 without errors.

I do have a question though: What is the difference between the framebuffers? I seem to get roughly the same OpenGL score for all. I only need DVI out. Is there any usefulness to picking one over another?

Thank you netkas for the ATY_Init.

Since the HD5670 has been gotten to work (and apparently the HD5570 as well), now comes the hard one - the HD5450. Like the HD5670 before it, it had this tendency to boot into a garbled screen in 64-bit mode (kexts patched) and unable to boot any other way (without either Kitchen Pitchin or a garbled display). The Kitchen Pitchn is with the Kabyl loader in use and any frame buffer; the garbled display is with my current setup (but with ATIRadeon5000Controller.kext patched, as ATIRadeonX3000.kext did *not* need patching, as the ID, in proper byteswap mode, was already present) andf a standard boot file.

I've so far been able to wrestle it into 1600x1200 (in both 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 pre-Graphics Update 1.0) using only Chameleon 2 RC 4 or later using my vanilla DSDT, ATI GPU ROM, and the combo of GraphicsEnabler=Yes and GraphicsMode=1920x1200x32.

Here's the info from System Profiler:

Chipset Model: Unknown

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x68f9

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

PCI card info (also from System Profiler):

Name: ATY,Megalodon

Type: display

Driver Installed: Yes

Bus: PCI

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1545

Subsystem ID: 0x5450

Link Width: x16

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

I am *volunteering* to help with the testing, as so far I've got nit (no resolution-switching, no display detection, no QE, CI, or any graphical acceleration whatsoever (in fact, if I apply the Graphics Update, I can't boot in any mode whatever)).

The best I've got is 1600x1200 (which is wrong/wrong/wrong for a normally 16:9 display such as my Acer H2333H.bmid, especially when it's corner-to-corner, as in no border), and that's only VGA (the display is normally dual-display, with DVI-D, HDMI, and VGA /any two at once; however, I have no display detection at *any* resolution on the Hack side, and the tallest I can drive digitally is 1400x1050, and that is via DVI-D).

Windows and Linux are utterly fine (I usually operate with the display connected via either DVI or HDMI in Windows, with HDMI being the preference; the monitor itself supports all three switchable via a touchpoint in the bezel; the same is true in Linux, and especially in the latest distributions, including Sabayon 5.4).

I have exactly the same card (5450) and the same information displayed in system profiles. The interesting thing is after investing 2 days trying to apply every method availble in this forum, I came away with a recognition that nothing works. By patching the ATI5000.kext alone would allow 10.6.4 boot into resolution of 1152x870 no matter what bootloader or flags I use. It stays at that resolution with no QE/CI. Any flag or none would not matter as long as I use the latest r629 of Chameleon RC5.

I think Netkas can help if he re-writes the ATY_Init.kext to include the parameters of the 5450 so that the proper frame buffer will kick in.

I will keep waiting and hoping because it is a decent card for building a HTPC.

hey guys finally i got my 5670 working!! all enabled on vga out with Baboon framebuffer. My only problem is the resolution because i get avaible only 4:3 resolutions (i.e. 1600x1200) but my 22" monitor is 16:10 so i need 1680x1050. How can i set a custom wide resolution? thank to all!

Hello ! i'm french and is difficult for me to explain my problem in english but i realy need to your help

You can tell me step by step how i can enable my hd 5830 with a kext

my motherboard asus p5q-e work well with the sound and internet but with my ATI is not the same.

i have 2 screens : asus 22 " in DVI and one asus 26" in HDMI.

Sorry for my {censored} bad english, please help me , i'm so desperate.

http://yfrog.com/mtphoto1ogj

http://yfrog.com/n9photo2slj

http://yfrog.com/59photo3sbj

http://yfrog.com/6cphoto4yj

Hello ! i'm french and is difficult for me to explain my problem in english but i realy need to your help

You can tell me step by step how i can enable my hd 5830 with a kext

my motherboard asus p5q-e work well with the sound and internet but with my ATI is not the same.

i have 2 screens : asus 22 " in DVI and one asus 26" in HDMI.

Sorry for my {censored} bad english, please help me , i'm so desperate.

Please read my previous posts

But know that if you do it my way, you wont get acceleration just full resolution, which is meaningless ;)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1562583

Since the HD5670 has been gotten to work (and apparently the HD5570 as well), now comes the hard one - the HD5450. Like the HD5670 before it, it had this tendency to boot into a garbled screen in 64-bit mode (kexts patched) and unable to boot any other way (without either Kitchen Pitchin or a garbled display). The Kitchen Pitchn is with the Kabyl loader in use and any frame buffer; the garbled display is with my current setup (but with ATIRadeon5000Controller.kext patched, as ATIRadeonX3000.kext did *not* need patching, as the ID, in proper byteswap mode, was already present) andf a standard boot file.

I've so far been able to wrestle it into 1600x1200 (in both 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 pre-Graphics Update 1.0) using only Chameleon 2 RC 4 or later using my vanilla DSDT, ATI GPU ROM, and the combo of GraphicsEnabler=Yes and GraphicsMode=1920x1200x32.

Here's the info from System Profiler:

Chipset Model: Unknown

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

PCI card info (also from System Profiler):

Name: ATY,Megalodon

Type: display

Driver Installed: Yes

Bus: PCI

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1545

Subsystem ID: 0x5450

Link Width: x16

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

I am *volunteering* to help with the testing, as so far I've got nit (no resolution-switching, no display detection, no QE, CI, or any graphical acceleration whatsoever (in fact, if I apply the Graphics Update, I can't boot in any mode whatever)).

The best I've got is 1600x1200 (which is wrong/wrong/wrong for a normally 16:9 display such as my Acer H2333H.bmid, especially when it's corner-to-corner, as in no border), and that's only VGA (the display is normally dual-display, with DVI-D, HDMI, and VGA /any two at once; however, I have no display detection at *any* resolution on the Hack side, and the tallest I can drive digitally is 1400x1050, and that is via DVI-D).

Windows and Linux are utterly fine (I usually operate with the display connected via either DVI or HDMI in Windows, with HDMI being the preference; the monitor itself supports all three switchable via a touchpoint in the bezel; the same is true in Linux, and especially in the latest distributions, including Sabayon 5.4).

I have exactly the same situation with the "hard one": HD5550

tried all FBs,but my 5670 get no luck.

it always shown as 5700 after I installed ATY_init, but it should be a 5670.

the device ID is 68B9.

I can see this device ID in ATIReadonX3000.kext, but not in the ATI5000.kext.

tried to add the device ID in ATI5000.kext, no luck.

I searched many days, but get less information about the 5670 card with device ID 68B9.

any one get same card as this works?