rhd 5500/5600/5830

netkas

152 posts in this topic

My XFX HD5670 512MB if working but not 100%, I can change to any resolution, Appears on System Profiler and passed the OpenGL Test (Except last one), the problems is that, FPS on the test are really low, max was like 22, F9 works choppy and HD video is really choppy. Maybe framebuffer problem? I don't know, im using the default one, because people that got the card to work are using it. The only thing ive noticed different from other people is that on OpenGL Viewer ive got:

Vendor: Apple Computer, Inc

Renderer: Apple Software Renderer

Version: 2.1 APPLE

Shading language version: 1.20

Memory: 0 MB

While other people have correct memory value and vendor/renderer are ATI.

My XFX HD5670 512MB if working but not 100%, I can change to any resolution, Appears on System Profiler and passed the OpenGL Test (Except last one), the problems is that, FPS on the test are really low, max was like 22, F9 works choppy and HD video is really choppy. Maybe framebuffer problem? I don't know, im using the default one, because people that got the card to work are using it. The only thing ive noticed different from other people is that on OpenGL Viewer ive got:

Vendor: Apple Computer, Inc

Renderer: Apple Software Renderer

Version: 2.1 APPLE

Shading language version: 1.20

Memory: 0 MB

While other people have correct memory value and vendor/renderer are ATI.

FIXED! Now working 100%

The thing was I first tested without ATI3000 files, then added them manually, which doesn't work, so I installed again the Snow Leopard Graphics update and it worked.

Heyyo,

Well guys it seems that my XFX Radeon HD5670 512Mb won't work...

I installed iAtkos S3 V2 by default, except a few kexts for my PS2 keyboard, sound and wired ethernet.

The only resolution I get is 1024x768. So I read the entire thread about this card and none of this methods seem to work.

If I install the whole drivers package (i mean, including ATY_init and ATIRadeonX3000.kext) I get a Kernel Panic. If I install all the drivers EXCEPTING ATIRadeonX3000.kext, when it is supposed that the desktop will appear, it freezes.

The only way I think it would work is trying some different Framebuffers but I don't really understand how they work. Would anyone help me, please? I've been waiting for this kexts for some months and I'm getting really angry watching how some other users are capable to make this card run, and I don't get anything...

Thank you.

K.. yeah.. don't install atiradeonx300.kext.. first JUST copy aty_init.kext to /System/Library/Extensions. Run Kext Utility. Reboot. Go to Apple menu, and then "about this mac" then go into more info... then check graphics/display and see if it says "ATi Radeon 5600 Series". If it does? THEN install the ati5000controller.kext, atiframebuffer.kext and atisupport.kext and see if on reboot it still works.. if so? then install the "Snow Leopard Graphics Update" that has been posted somewhere in this thread.

Heyyo,

K.. yeah.. don't install atiradeonx300.kext.. first JUST copy aty_init.kext to /System/Library/Extensions. Run Kext Utility. Reboot. Go to Apple menu, and then "about this mac" then go into more info... then check graphics/display and see if it says "ATi Radeon 5600 Series". If it does? THEN install the ati5000controller.kext, atiframebuffer.kext and atisupport.kext and see if on reboot it still works.. if so? then install the "Snow Leopard Graphics Update" that has been posted somewhere in this thread.

Okay, I'm trying this. But when I explored m Extensions folder, I found a lot of Kexts related with ATI. I see lots of kexts named Ati4600Controller.kext and lots and lots of more relating with older versions, etc.

Should I deleted'em or are these the default drivers for Snow Leopard?

Btw, trying what you said. Thank you.

---------

EDIT

---------

Well, here I am again.

There's no way to make Snow Leopard recognize this card. After checking the Graphic/Display menu, it never shows "ATI Radeon 5600 Series". It just only shows a text saying that no kexts were loaded. Excuse me if my translation is not exact, but my installation is in Spanish.

With the full intention of giving some more data that would help, I'd like to say that I didn't choose any graphic option at the iAtkos install menu.

Should I reinstall everything?

Regards.

Hey, I found something.

I think this is the main problem: as it seems, snow leopard WON'T LOAD ANY NEW KEXT. I don't know why, but I tried to install the ATY_Init.kext in many different ways (kexthelper, kext utility and Terminal) and none of them worked. I know this because while I was exploring the System Profiler, I clicked into "Extensions" and saw that every kext was loaded except the last one I installed: ATY_Init.kext.

Sometimes this is a little bit contradictory because when I install the ATI5000Controller.kext, Snow Leopard stares on a infinite loading loop on the Apple Boot Screen. I booted on verbose to see what was going on and I didn't see any troubles. Just before desktop will appear, the console stops and nothing happens.

What does it happen? :S Thank you.

FIXED! Now working 100%

The thing was I first tested without ATI3000 files, then added them manually, which doesn't work, so I installed again the Snow Leopard Graphics update and it worked.

can you give me the exact steps you made? that would be highly appreciated :) thanks

can you give me the exact steps you made? that would be highly appreciated :( thanks

I kinda did what Mac Baby posted, here it is:

1. Download Snow Leopard Graphics Update: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GD553MYQ and Install (Still dont reboot). This will install the card drivers, then go to Extensions folder and delete:

-ATIRadeonX3000.kext

-ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin

-ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

-ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle

2. Download http://mirror.netkas.org/ATY_Init.kext.zip, ok for this one, to assure it was installed, First I used KextHelper to install it, then loaded it on terminal using: sudo kextload ATY_Init.kext (cd to the extensions directory first).

3. Edit com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>No</string>

Do not include Graphics Mode, really important!

4. Now Reboot!

5. Check System Profiler for the Card, and check if you have all the resolutions on Display.

6. Install Snow Leopard Graphics Update again, Reboot.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I disabled Internal Graphics before doing this process.

Heyyo,

Hey, I found something.

I think this is the main problem: as it seems, snow leopard WON'T LOAD ANY NEW KEXT. I don't know why, but I tried to install the ATY_Init.kext in many different ways (kexthelper, kext utility and Terminal) and none of them worked. I know this because while I was exploring the System Profiler, I clicked into "Extensions" and saw that every kext was loaded except the last one I installed: ATY_Init.kext.

Sometimes this is a little bit contradictory because when I install the ATI5000Controller.kext, Snow Leopard stares on a infinite loading loop on the Apple Boot Screen. I booted on verbose to see what was going on and I didn't see any troubles. Just before desktop will appear, the console stops and nothing happens.

What does it happen? :S Thank you.

Yeah it won't show aty_init.kext in the extensions there, dunno why.. maybe it doesn't like unofficial kexts. The way to tell if it's loading is boot verbose (-v) and see if at any point it says "aty_init: loading device" or something like that.

Thank you ThE_MarD.

As I didn't get any response, I followed some other instructions.

First I upgraded to 10.6.4 and installed that famous graphic package. I did it wrong one more time ¬¬ after rebooting I get a panic and even I delete all the kexts from ATI (remember, that graphic package only installs some kexts provided manually by netkas...), I get stuck by some stupid kext that won't work. AppleSGlide or something so.

Seriously, I don't know if my hardware is not compatible, but as far as I know, my motherboard (Asus P5W DH Deluxe) is fully compatible with Snow Leopard. Is there any procedure I missed? I tried those steps up here, 2 posts upper but had no success...

I'm reinstalling Snow Leopard again waiting for your intructions. Thank you again.

1. Download Snow Leopard Graphics Update: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GD553MYQ and Install (Still dont reboot). This will install the card drivers, then go to Extensions folder and delete:

-ATIRadeonX3000.kext

-ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin

2. Download http://mirror.netkas.org/ATY_Init.kext.zip, ok for this one, to assure it was installed, First I used KextHelper to install it, then loaded it on terminal using: sudo kextload ATY_Init.kext (cd to the extensions directory first).

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>No</string>

4. Now Reboot!

5. Check System Profiler for the Card, and check if you have all the resolutions on Display.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I disabled Internal Graphics before doing this process.

thanks dude i appreciate it, im going to try it, but i dont want to reinstall windows again. so i dont know

-ATIRadeonX3000.kext

-ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>No</string>

4. Now Reboot!

also, where did you disable internal graphics?

also, where did you disable internal graphics?

On BIOS, Press del on startup (or other key depending on the motherboard), There you should see a Chipset or Integrated Graphic option, Inside there you have to find where to disable it.

Heyyo,

Thank you ThE_MarD.

As I didn't get any response, I followed some other instructions.

First I upgraded to 10.6.4 and installed that famous graphic package. I did it wrong one more time ¬¬ after rebooting I get a panic and even I delete all the kexts from ATI (remember, that graphic package only installs some kexts provided manually by netkas...), I get stuck by some stupid kext that won't work. AppleSGlide or something so.

Seriously, I don't know if my hardware is not compatible, but as far as I know, my motherboard (Asus P5W DH Deluxe) is fully compatible with Snow Leopard. Is there any procedure I missed? I tried those steps up here, 2 posts upper but had no success...

I'm reinstalling Snow Leopard again waiting for your intructions. Thank you again.

Yes aty_init.kext requires arch=i386 and GraphicsEnabler=No for Chameleon and PC EFi, and SL 10.6.4. Don't forget to also don't reboot after the SL Graphics update cause it will install atix3000controller.kext or whatever its called, which will kernel panic your pc.

For your motherboard? be sure to check for a proper dsdt.aml file kicking around here or on www.kexts.com.. you don't need it, but it's a better way for hardware compatibility than the non-dsdt methods with kext files.

thanks dude i appreciate it, im going to try it, but i dont want to reinstall windows again. so i dont know

You don't have to reinstall the dualboot for all of this.. just once you have your Snow Leopard somewhere stable? Use a External Hard drive or something and partition it and give it roughly 15GB or more, and make that partition HFS and use it for time machine backups. Trust me, saves you a {censored}-ton of time reinstalling it all, that way if something goes really bad? you just boot to SL disk, and go Utilities > restore from backup and blam.. fully restored to that point in time. :)

A lot of good progress is being made on this 5670 card which I am grateful for.

But I've followed these instructions and in the first step, as soon as I install the apple graphics update/install I get a "Restart Mac by holding down power button etc"

I then have to restart the mac as there is no way to use any other windows or access the desktop.

Any ideas anyone?

I have a 512mb Sapphire ATI 5670 and I see the succesful installs have been with 1024mb graphic cards.

netkas drivers works for my Powercolor HD 5750 1GB Fanless (tested with OpenGL extension viewer)

PCI system info

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series :

Nom : ATY,Vervet

Type : display

Gestionnaire installé : Oui

Bus : PCI

Logement : Slot-1

Identifiant du fournisseur : 0x1002

Identifiant du périphérique : 0x68be

Identifiant du fournisseur du sous-système : 0x1787

Identifiant du sous-système : 0x2287

Identifiant de révision : 0x0000

Largeur du câble : x16

Vitesse de la liaison : 2.5 GT/s

Graphic card infos

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series :

Jeu de composants : ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Type : Processeur graphique (GPU)

Bus : PCIe

Logement : Slot-1

Longueur de la voie PCIe : x16

VRAM (totale) : 1024 Mo

Fournisseur : ATI (0x1002)

Identifiant du périphérique : 0x68be

Identifiant de révision : 0x0000

Révision de la ROM : 113-B7710C-176

Version du gestionnaire EFI : 01.00.318

Moniteurs :

SyncMaster :

Résolution : 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Profondeur de pixels : Couleurs 32 bits (ARGB8888)

Moniteur principal : Oui

Miroir : Désactivé

Connecté : Oui

Rotation : Géré

Télévision : Oui

Connecteur pour le moniteur :

État : Aucun moniteur branché

-ATIRadeonX3000.kext

-ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>No</string>

4. Now Reboot!

I have done this and all seems work fine but when I reboot I get a infinite loop in the apple screen and I can´t use it. Some idea??

I don´t know what exactly you mean with "Do not include Graphics Mode, really important!" I have edit my com.apple.Boot.plist like you did, but I would like what I have to "not include graphics mode".

Thanks

yesss succeed 100% with qE / CI thanks aLot netkas, ;)

i stay waited for this support for 64bit kext

Thanks All... ;);)

screenshot20100804at242.jpg

3200 fr. in Benchmarkmode ? NEVER

I honestly do not believe this , my friend.

If so , this would be by far the best scores I saw so far , better than 2 HD 5970 in Crossfire :thumbsup_anim::D

On BIOS, Press del on startup (or other key depending on the motherboard), There you should see a Chipset or Integrated Graphic option, Inside there you have to find where to disable it.

hey, well ive tried your metod, and when i install the sl graphics update, it does a kernel panic. The update didnt finish installing and i got the error. ;) any help?

A lot of good progress is being made on this 5670 card which I am grateful for.

But I've followed these instructions and in the first step, as soon as I install the apple graphics update/install I get a "Restart Mac by holding down power button etc"

I then have to restart the mac as there is no way to use any other windows or access the desktop.

Any ideas anyone?

I have a 512mb Sapphire ATI 5670 and I see the succesful installs have been with 1024mb graphic cards.

Success for me following "Restart Mac" death screen during SL Graphics Update... with a little terminal use.

See my post at http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...;p=35082#p35082 for full steps taken - basically following Maxato/MacBaby's steps.

Asus Radeon HD 5670 1GB

GA P55 US3L Rev 2.1 (yup)

i3 530

-ATIRadeonX3000.kext

-ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>No</string>

4. Now Reboot!

Is it possilble to install this kext on ATI HD 5650?

I stuck at black screen after install Snow Leopard Graphics Update and reboot.

Success for me following "Restart Mac" death screen during SL Graphics Update... with a little terminal use.

See my post at http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...;p=35082#p35082 for full steps taken - basically following Maxato/MacBaby's steps.

Asus Radeon HD 5670 1GB

GA P55 US3L Rev 2.1 (yup)

i3 530

Thank you for your reply, I'm going to try what you mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the solution find to normal work HD5830 i see the forums: insanely Mac, Tonymac, Netkas.

But no result. Best i make after read forums - my videocards is detected normaly in system info but display options is a only resolution 1024x768 in my 24" samsung H2493. Please help me!!!

i try uakari and vervet framebuffers but no result. Sorry for my english.

Is the solution find to normal work HD5830 i see the forums: insanely Mac, Tonymac, Netkas.

But no result. Best i make after read forums - my videocards is detected normaly in system info but display options is a only resolution 1024x768 in my 24" samsung H2493. Please help me!!!

i try uakari and vervet framebuffers but no result. Sorry for my english.

Try Eulemur framebuffer, with my Sapphire HD 5830 this give me more resolutions... :P

Regards