152 posts in this topic

Good evening

Is it possible to run this graphics card via the method proposed

If so how do because I am a beginner in the field of mac os x

Thank you for your help

Sorry for my English, I must serve as a translator

==================================================

Bonsoir

Est il possible de faire fonctionner cette carte graphique via les methode proposer

Si oui comment faire car je suis débutant dans le domaine de mac os x

Merci de votre aide

Desoler pour mon anglais , je dois me servir d un traducteur

ati5650hd.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Heyyo,

Good evening

Is it possible to run this graphics card via the method proposed

If so how do because I am a beginner in the field of mac os x

Thank you for your help

Sorry for my English, I must serve as a translator

==================================================

Bonsoir

Est il possible de faire fonctionner cette carte graphique via les methode proposer

Si oui comment faire car je suis débutant dans le domaine de mac os x

Merci de votre aide

Desoler pour mon anglais , je dois me servir d un traducteur

ati5650hd.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yes it is possible to make it work on a laptop with ATi Mobility Radeon 5650.. BUT you cannot do the graphics kext updates. All ATi Mobility 5xxx series do not work in hackintosh at the moment until someone fixes this. So the resolution will be 1024x768 and games and certain applications won't work.

============

Oui c'est possible pour ultilizer un laptop avec ATi Mobility Radeon 5650.. MAIS tu peux pas faire the update pour les graphique. Ca ne marche pas a ce moment pour les ATI Mobility 5xxx. Alhors le resolution va etre toutjours 1024x768 et les jeux ou certain application aussi va marcher non pleux. (Je m'excuse mais mon francais n'est plus bon). :(

... I hope that made sense.

Heyyo,

Hello

So if I understand but will still be resolution of 1024x768?

=========================================

Bonjour

Donc si je comprend bien mais résolution sera toujours de 1024x768 ?

;)

Yes for the moment.

================

Oui pour le moment.

I kinda did what Mac Baby posted, here it is:

1. Download Snow Leopard Graphics Update: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GD553MYQ and Install (Still dont reboot). This will install the card drivers, then go to Extensions folder and delete:

-ATIRadeonX3000.kext

-ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin

-ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

-ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle

2. Download http://mirror.netkas.org/ATY_Init.kext.zip, ok for this one, to assure it was installed, First I used KextHelper to install it, then loaded it on terminal using: sudo kextload ATY_Init.kext (cd to the extensions directory first).

3. Edit com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>No</string>

Do not include Graphics Mode, really important!

4. Now Reboot!

5. Check System Profiler for the Card, and check if you have all the resolutions on Display.

6. Install Snow Leopard Graphics Update again, Reboot.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I disabled Internal Graphics before doing this process.

hi guys i have a problem.. :angel: i tried to follow Maxato's method but without success. On my retail leopard 10.6.4 i installed graphic update, the installation went well so before rebooting i tried to find all the 4 ATIRadeonX3000 kexts that he mentioned..... but i can't find them!! so after rebooting my screen goes in power saving mode... can someone help me please? thanks ;)

Heyyo,

Pivy, try to boot into single user mode. Once in there do both the /sbin commands that appear.

After that? do..

cd /system/library/extensions

then try...

rm -rf atix3000support.kext

You really just need to delete that one and the rest like the plugin should not matter since it's the kext that loads it. After that just type reboot and see if it works ok! If not? then do the same but do ati5000controller.kext as well.

the_mard thanks for your help. So this is the situation: i did i fresh install of snow leopard retail 10.6.4 then i run the graphic update with no errors so i deleted all the 4 kext in the finder and added the ATY_Init.kext, edited com.apple.Boot.plist and the rebooted. Result: after a few seconds of loading my screen turns off (in power saving mode). I have a vtx3d 5670 512 mb ddr5... and i tried to boot in single user mode but it stucks after a couple of seconds. What did i do wrong? Thanks!

Hmm, did you boot into verbose mode? Tell us what happens when it gets stuck when trying to boot to single user mode.

I have a 5670 although not a VTX3D. You MAY need a fresh install. NOT SURE. Last resort. I've re-installed mine 7 times trying to get everything to work. Still a bit choppy. ;P

Hi, I have a MacPro 1.1 with a defect NVidea Geforce 7300GT. I have added a Radeon HD5830 which is detected in hardware config, but my DVI outputs are not active. What is your solution with your succesfull configuration?

thanks for answering.

Hi

I have a HIS HD5830 on SL 10.6.4 with full resolution with two monitors and everything works except QE/CI.

Now i was wondering...i have entered my ATI card ID in ATI5000Controller.kext do i need to enter it in ATIRadeonX3000.kext as well? for QE/CI to work?

Sorry if it doesn't make sense n00b here <------- :blink:

and also a Big thanks to everyone that helps out in here... :thumbsup_anim:

sys specs:

ATI Radeon HD 5830

GA X58A-UD7

6 GB Corsair Mem

a bunch of hard drives

and two Acer monitors

if i can help someone with the same specs let me know

post-671364-1286051498_thumb.png

Heyyo,

Hmm.. maybe instead of aty_init.kext you could try a modified chameleon bootloader that supports ati 5000 series cards..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231768

Might work for ya. If it does you might even get lucky and get it going in 64bit mode. ;)

thanks guys for your help because i am really noob at this. Anyway i can say that the last time i did a fresh install after all the procedure i rebooted in verbose mode and during the loading my screen went in power saving mode. My graphic card has vga, dvi and hdmi out and i am using the vga out with my 22" lcd vga.

About the modified bootloader i really don't know how to do because there aren't basic step by step instructions so...

Heyyo,

Pivy my bro, it is very simple. ;)

http://gotoes.org/sales/ShowHiddenFilesMacOSX/

Use that program to show the hidden files on your computer. After that? go to your macintosh HD, and copy the "boot" file to the desktop and then delete it from the macintosh HD.. after that? add the one from that kabyl bootloader. Then reboot.. and hope for the best. If it doesn't quite work? try with the atifb= and then a different framebuffer.

Hi, I have a MacPro 1.1 with a defect NVidea Geforce 7300GT. I have added a Radeon HD5830 which is detected in hardware config, but my DVI outputs are not active. What is your solution with your succesfull configuration?

thanks for answering.

@mehr007

Mate that is an old post (Aug 3 2010) since then i have tried many things, and none of them gave me QE/CI But i do have full resolution with 2 monitors

and if you have a real Mac then sorry i cant help you (not qualified enough :angry: ) but to me i would take out the nvidia card since it doesn't work anyway.

@mehr007

Mate that is an old post (Aug 3 2010) since then i have tried many things, and none of them gave me QE/CI But i do have full resolution with 2 monitors

and if you have a real Mac then sorry i cant help you (not qualified enough ;) ) but to me i would take out the nvidia card since it doesn't work anyway.

How you get full resolution, i have only 1024x768 on my samsung h2493

I'm a mac really noob, spent three days, from basic instruction to start learning

Install the "Leopard" 10.5.8 (which is really exciting moment) to the retail version of "Snow Leopard" 10.6.3 update to 10.6.4 or

Currently driving the display, audio, network, only the ATI HD5830 I can only 1024X768

Reference to the InsanelyMac of many of the data (using google translation, and my broken English)

Who can tell me how to do it? If I can do (sorry about my English)

Thanks everyone, thanks InsanelyMac

My equipment

Intel i7-950

Asrcok X58 Extreme3

HIS ATI HD5830

RAM DDR3 4GBX3

SB Live with KX driver

Heyyo,

Pivy my bro, it is very simple. :)

http://gotoes.org/sales/ShowHiddenFilesMacOSX/

Use that program to show the hidden files on your computer. After that? go to your macintosh HD, and copy the "boot" file to the desktop and then delete it from the macintosh HD.. after that? add the one from that kabyl bootloader. Then reboot.. and hope for the best. If it doesn't quite work? try with the atifb= and then a different framebuffer.

thank you so much! now i'm far from my "wannabehackintosh" but as soon as possible i will try!

hi,

I followed maxato instructions, could start with my graphic card enabled but can not run the openGl tests !!

I have a gigabyte HD5670.

here are the system profiler infos:

post-675632-1286403490_thumb.png

Here are some screenshots of openGl viewer

post-675632-1286403558_thumb.png

(sorry, i have the french version) but when i click on Test. Nothing happen !! :P

When i looked in he first 2 panes, everytnig seems OK....

post-675632-1286403576_thumb.png

post-675632-1286403594_thumb.png

I looked at openGl extensions vieweer logs and found:

07/10/10 00:20:34 OpenGL Extensions Viewer[749] -[GLController downloadXSA:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x181a200

I would appreciate help on this....

thx

My HIS 5830 still not work (4830 work normal )

I read these articles and thread, and other related etc ..

UPDATED Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]

ATi HD5000 BootLoader ! , need testers

EXPERIMENTAL ATI 5770 GraphicsEnabler = Yes: Guide!!

ATI HD 5770

What i do

Boot using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] ATI 5xxx-3 and Install OS X 10.6.3 Retail

Use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] not with user DSDT, and updata 10.6.4(i use ASROCK X58 Extreme3)

Install latest chameleon, replace boot file on root by one of my boot files.

(It makes my GPU fan was not 100%)

Add to boot.plist GPU and UseAtiROM Yes, and get my GPU BIOS 1002_689E.rom put in the extra folde.

Restart and install GFX update 1.0

Still get this

=========================================

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5830 Series

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x689e

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Display Connector:

Display Connector:

==========================================

I also injected device ID = 0x689e1002 in ati5xxx and ati3xxx kexts

with framebuffer = Uakari, 5830.zip (boot), Vervet, Eulemur .... etc 20-30 reboot times.

And i try 32bit (ATY kext), 64bit too, all possible combinations.

Also replaced BIOS ROM here http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/73252/H...024.100221.html

5830's VRAM always = 256 MB

This is my boot.plist (in Extra folde)

<dict>

<key> Kernel </ key>

<string> mach_kernel </ string>

<key> Kernel Flags </ key>

<string> arch = x86_64 </ string>

<key> UseAtiROM </ key>

<string> Yes </ string>

<key> GraphicsEnabler </ key>

<string> Yes </ string>

<key> Timeout </ key>

<string> 1 </ string>

<key> Legacy Logo </ key>

<string> Yes </ string>

<key> EthernetBuiltIn </ key>

<string> Yes </ string>

</ Dict>

</ Plist>

My BIOS ROM

I miss somethings?

Please give me some help or give me some advice.

Thanks !!

post-674305-1286715205_thumb.png

1002_689E.rar

My HIS 5830 still not work (4830 work normal )

I am using Asrock X58 Extreme3 as well, BIOS 2.0, no custom DSDT, with a HD5750.

64-bit, Chameleon 2 RC5, dev-id in ATI5000 and ATIRadeonX3000 kexts, 10.6.4+graphics update

Safe mode works for me (without acceleration). Normal boot gives me a grey screen.

Try this as well: Type "/mach_kernel -x" during the boot loader.

Try this as well: Type "/mach_kernel -x" during the boot loader.

please try with 2 monitors or dongles

tnx

i try "-x" boot in 32 bit get Kernel panic

64bit

DVIX2 port --->VGA port= black screen

DVIx2 port = Broken white screen

======================

Why VRAM always 256MB after updata GFX 1.0

when I injected device ID = 0x689e1002 in ati5xxx and ati3xxx kexts

use "-x" boot i get 32 & 64bit

post-674305-1287103006_thumb.jpg

post-674305-1287103017_thumb.jpg

i try "-x" boot in 32 bit get Kernel panic

64bit

DVIX2 port --->VGA port= black screen

DVIx2 port = Broken white screen

======================

Why VRAM always 256MB after updata GFX 1.0

when I injected device ID = 0x689e1002 in ati5xxx and ati3xxx kexts

use "-x" boot i get 32 & 64bit

Hi

try to replace these kexts http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9173457/ATI%20Kexts.zip and of course repair permissions. Let me know how it goes

Just go to ATY_Init.kext and edit info.plist.

Find

</dict>
		<key>ATI Radeon 5600 Series</key>
		<dict>

And Replace Uakari to other fb:

Alouatta

Baboon

Colobus

Douc

Eulemur

Galago

Gliff

Hoolock

Kipunji

Langur

Uakari

Vervet

If i'm think wrong please correct me :angel:

And to be clear, the framebuffer is the most important think to get working all cards :blink: If you get black screen or stand-by light on your monitor try to switch connectors (DVI, HDMI, changing places etc.)

ATY,Eulemur work for HD 5570 under 10.6.4 which got graphicupdate. (0x68d9 1002)