• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Mr.Techie456

XBOX 360 slim or PS3 slim

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I'm looking to buy a new game console. So should I either get the new XBOX 360 slim with the kinect feature. Or the PS3??? HELP I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you wanting a Blu-Ray player, go for the Xbox 360. Performance is just as good as the PS3 and the Xbox Live community is so much better than PSN (plus Kinect).

what you didnt mention is that the 360 reminds me a bit of a starting plane. its absolutely unbelievable loud.

well, i'd decide with the games you play. some are ps3 excluse, some are 360 exclusive.

The big decision is the online comunity. Are you gonna play online and interac with others. If yes you should buy a 360, eventhough you need to pay it is a better online service. If not, go with a PS3. Console exclusive games are a second tought.

The Xbox 360 (Phat) has had it's share of errors (rrod) and many used ones are banned from Xbox Live. In my opinion, the choice between an Xbox slim and PS3 slim (I'd go with the Phat so I have more money for games) would be determined by game selection.

My two cents on how I use mine. I have a server sitting in my house which has my media on it. I can use the built in networking tools of the PS3 to grab my media directly off of it. So I can easily stream everything straight to my TV and sound system without having to set up anything fancy myself. And the interface is real clean to use. I personally think the Xbox menu is a little clunky. Hope that helps.