[PDF Guide] Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Rev 2 Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Vanilla Remixed

141 posts in this topic

Well, Cameleon and Extra folder go to EFI partition so no modifications to System/Library/Extentions. I'm using this method right now for my laptop and is a super clean intall.

Never mind, if I'll use your guide in a manual way I think will be possible.

I'ts a old method you can have a look if you want

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127330

Well, I'd just install 10.6.4 in my system

GA-EP35-DS3

E8400

Noctua_nh_u12p

Gigabyte 8800 GT

First, I've tried to go with EFI Munky method but I was enable to set up the EFI partition don't know why!!). So, I switched to Extra folder and the result is not so bad. I've used another DSDT specific for my board.

But I have a big problem with the temperature of the proc, 57 Celsius most of the time even at the start. In Bios it shows 38 !

In Extra I have

AppleACPIThermal.kext

Disabler.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

Any sugestions ?

Thank you again for this guide

Well, I'd just install 10.6.4 in my system

GA-EP35-DS3

E8400

Noctua_nh_u12p

Gigabyte 8800 GT

First, I've tried to go with EFI Munky method but I was enable to set up the EFI partition don't know why!!). So, I switched to Extra folder and the result is not so bad. I've used another DSDT specific for my board.

But I have a big problem with the temperature of the proc, 57 Celsius most of the time even at the start. In Bios it shows 38 !

In Extra I have

AppleACPIThermal.kext

Disabler.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

Any sugestions ?

Thank you again for this guide

AppleACPIThermal.kext should go into /System/Library/Extensions then use kext utility to repair permissions.

should be in Manual Install/Temp Fix/AppleACPIThermal.kext

My retail disk is 10.6.3 but I tried to install it with this method on a rig that has been running 10.5.x without issue (swapped out the hard drive for a new one for the install attempt).

When I swap out the boot cd for the retail disk and click the icon with -v I get 'HFS signature was not present... can't find mach_kernel'... is this something that can be worked around or do I need a different installation method for the 10.6.3 retail disk?

GA-P35-DS3L, Q6600, 2x 2gb ADATA DDR2 800

Thanks

Ok, figured that out... booted the retail disk and now get kernel panic about kernel and CPU mismatch?!

Nevermind, installed retail 10.6.3 with-

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...topic=%20180954

...problem solved...

i have went through all the steps but i cant get past step #8. i click on the pre 10.6.4 and do the combo update and restart but it hangs on the blue screen. i have done the full install over twice now and it works perfectly up until that point.

was i supposed to restart after clicking on the pre- 10.6.4 ? because i didnt because the guide doesnt say to do it.

and if it is the SleepEnabler.kext that is causing the problem ( post from page #1) than is there another way of copying the file if i cant get into SL ?

PATCHES GA P35

http://www.mediafire.com/?imgfu2ssuztbxqh

EXTRA FOLDER

http://www.mediafire.com/?hkeheq9val510ix

USE DSDT EDITOR and PATCHER

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

for native power managment and restart fix --> Chameleon RC5

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

add in your boot.plist

GeneratePStates

Yes

GenerateCStates

Yes

i have went through all the steps but i cant get past step #8. i click on the pre 10.6.4 and do the combo update and restart but it hangs on the blue screen. i have done the full install over twice now and it works perfectly up until that point.

was i supposed to restart after clicking on the pre- 10.6.4 ? because i didnt because the guide doesnt say to do it.

and if it is the SleepEnabler.kext that is causing the problem ( post from page #1) than is there another way of copying the file if i cant get into SL ?

Delete sleepEnabler.kext manually then , its possible its not renaming the package. Are you using a P35-DS3L or some other mobo?

Delete sleepEnabler.kext manually then , its possible its not renaming the package. Are you using a cor some other mobo?

yup im using the ds3l.... at what point in the install do i delete that kext? i tried before and i think i deleted it before i did the pre 10.6.4 .... but thatt didnt work...

i remember seeeing the sleepenabler kext and a sleepenabler (old) folder also..

yup im using the ds3l.... at what point in the install do i delete that kext? i tried before and i think i deleted it before i did the pre 10.6.4 .... but thatt didnt work...

i remember seeeing the sleepenabler kext and a sleepenabler (old) folder also..

So let me get this straight before you install the combo update. You reboot / redo bios settings and get into the oS fine? with the disc removed correct?

So let me get this straight before you install the combo update. You reboot / redo bios settings and get into the oS fine? with the disc removed correct?

yup, its all gravy up to that point .... everything seems to be fine.... except the wifi (airport) worked with the first install of SL but it doesnt recognize it after step 6 or 7 ... but im assuming after the combo update it should be fine...

i have the bios settings saved so i just load it everytime i restart.. and i played around with the bios too after the combo update but does nothing...

yup, its all gravy up to that point .... everything seems to be fine.... except the wifi (airport) worked with the first install of SL but it doesnt recognize it after step 6 or 7 ... but im assuming after the combo update it should be fine...

i have the bios settings saved so i just load it everytime i restart.. and i played around with the bios too after the combo update but does nothing...

from the chameleon boot selection try booting with the flag -v , just hit a key and it will let you type it in. note the error where it happens.

Then try booting with -x -v -f ( x is safe mode v verbrose F reloads kexts)

Generally if you cant enter osx the sleep enabler is not disabled properly. But ti sounds like you are doing it correctly. Note the error and describe your hardware in depth lets see If we can figure it out.

from the chameleon boot selection try booting with the flag -v , just hit a key and it will let you type it in. note the error where it happens.

Then try booting with -x -v -f ( x is safe mode v verbrose F reloads kexts)

Generally if you cant enter osx the sleep enabler is not disabled properly. But ti sounds like you are doing it correctly. Note the error and describe your hardware in depth lets see If we can figure it out.

im probably going to take a video of all the writting and post the screenshots... ( unless theres an easier way) ... thats on my list tomorow..

hardware:

p35-ds3l

intel e8500 dual core

2X corsair xms2 (4GB)

nvidia evga 7600gt

seagate 7200.12 (500gb) hd + another one i cant remember

d-link dwa-552

missing anythng?.. except dvd which i forget also

im probably going to take a video of all the writting and post the screenshots... ( unless theres an easier way) ... thats on my list tomorow..

hardware:

p35-ds3l

intel e8500 dual core

2X corsair xms2 (4GB)

nvidia evga 7600gt

seagate 7200.12 (500gb) hd + another one i cant remember

d-link dwa-552

missing anythng?.. except dvd which i forget also

sounds ok , like i said from the chameleon boot menu

type -x delete sleep enabler from /Extra/Extensions see if it boots.

sounds ok , like i said from the chameleon boot menu

type -x delete sleep enabler from /Extra/Extensions see if it boots.

i got into it with safe mode and deleted sleepenabler but still hangs on mr. bluescreen :)

sidenote: i have bios version f9 but a few of the options are missing and a few only mine has when compared to the ones on the guide.....??

post-482976-1285227030_thumb.jpg

post-482976-1285227067_thumb.jpg

i got into it with safe mode and deleted sleepenabler but still hangs on mr. bluescreen ;)

sidenote: i have bios version f9 but a few of the options are missing and a few only mine has when compared to the ones on the guide.....??

i may have been using the hidden bios settings in the guide by pressing ctrl + F1 in the main menu. None of those settings are relevant however. Try removing any hardware thats not bare bones. Wireless cards/ addon cards / sound cards. Just mobo /vid card/memory leave in.

i may have been using the hidden bios settings in the guide by pressing ctrl + F1 in the main menu. None of those settings are relevant however. Try removing any hardware thats not bare bones. Wireless cards/ addon cards / sound cards. Just mobo /vid card/memory leave in.

Ok, i will try that when i get home... i have the wifi card and firewire only, so ill take those out and try..

i seen that there is Chameleon RC5 out, should i use that instead or will that make no difference or make it worse?

Ok, i will try that when i get home... i have the wifi card and firewire only, so ill take those out and try..

i seen that there is Chameleon RC5 out, should i use that instead or will that make no difference or make it worse?

ok so i unhooked all hardware except for mb, ram and hd with SL on it and sleepenabler deleted and it still hangs on mr.bluescreen.. :) ....

is there a way to do a screen capture when i load it in verbose mode or do i have to take a picture of it with a camera?

ok so i unhooked all hardware except for mb, ram and hd with SL on it and sleepenabler deleted and it still hangs on mr.bluescreen.. :) ....

is there a way to do a screen capture when i load it in verbose mode or do i have to take a picture of it with a camera?

Camera or write it down.