[PDF Guide] Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Rev 2 Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Vanilla Remixed

141 posts in this topic

did it but still doesnt work :( any other ideas?

should i try loading it in safe mode and run the 10.6.4 patch or should it be functioning before i do it?

well you can go into Extra/Extensions and delete SleepEnabler.kext , also i would go over the guide and check what else you overlooked besides the paralell ports. Is your gigabyte board rev 2 with f9 bios?

well you can go into Extra/Extensions and delete SleepEnabler.kext , also i would go over the guide and check what else you overlooked besides the paralell ports. Is your gigabyte board rev 2 with f9 bios?

.... i redid the install from scratch about 7 times so far... and i rechecked everything and tried different thing and nothing is working..... yup i have rev 2, f9.. checked and rechecked.... its wierd.... i had 10.6.1 installed before and it worked fin for abouth a year than it started getting kinda glitchy and programs would crash .. so i decided to do this way on this thread.......

hmmmmmmmmmm,.. ... does anyone out there havee an idea? ill try anything...

.... i redid the install from scratch about 7 times so far... and i rechecked everything and tried different thing and nothing is working..... yup i have rev 2, f9.. checked and rechecked.... its wierd.... i had 10.6.1 installed before and it worked fin for abouth a year than it started getting kinda glitchy and programs would crash .. so i decided to do this way on this thread.......

hmmmmmmmmmm,.. ... does anyone out there havee an idea? ill try anything...

Digging around it seems your video card does not support snow leopard 64 bit mode. That is why its not loading after running my kit. It makes snow leopard run natively in 64 bit. Also, something to do with dropped support in 10.6.x updates for that particular card.

What you need to do is this. Boot in safe mode using -x. Go into Extra Folder and drag com.apple.Boot.plist onto your desktop , edit it and change the following lines.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

Then save it and copy the file back into the Extra folder, enter password , reboot. Then proceed to follow the rest of the guide.

That should fix it, will hold you over till you get a better video card.

Digging around it seems your video card does not support snow leopard 64 bit mode. That is why its not loading after running my kit. It makes snow leopard run natively in 64 bit. Also, something to do with dropped support in 10.6.x updates for that particular card.

What you need to do is this. Boot in safe mode using -x. Go into Extra Folder and drag com.apple.Boot.plist onto your desktop , edit it and change the following lines.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

Then save it and copy the file back into the Extra folder, enter password , reboot. Then proceed to follow the rest of the guide.

That should fix it, will hold you over till you get a better video card.

Alright!.. it boots now... thanks !!!!!!..... buuuuuut.... my wireless doesnt work. i have dlink dwa-552. i have been reading that it wont work under 64bit? ...... do you know how to resolve that now? :) ,

try to reboot but this time use the -f flag in chameleon see if it works then

nope......

the wifi worked when i instaled SL for the first step (10.6) .. is there any easy way to get all my hardware to work and all the fixes? i dont really care if im running 10.6 . if it works and is stable than im good...

nope......

the wifi worked when i instaled SL for the first step (10.6) .. is there any easy way to get all my hardware to work and all the fixes? i dont really care if im running 10.6 . if it works and is stable than im good...

Well theres always a way I suppose :D But you are on your own now, Ive never used a wireless card on a desktop or intend to. You need to go do some research now. Or perhaps someone else can help you. Good luck.

thanks for your help.... you have got me as far as i can go........ :D .....

one last question: is it alot of work to make this all to work totally in 32bit mode because the wifi seems to be fine in 32 bit. if not than i guess i can just buy a more compatible wifi card.

thanks for your help.... you have got me as far as i can go........ :) .....

one last question: is it alot of work to make this all to work totally in 32bit mode because the wifi seems to be fine in 32 bit. if not than i guess i can just buy a more compatible wifi card.

You are running 32 bit thats what the change was. Thing is they dropped legacy support for a lot of old hardware. Thats why the sound needed patching and probably why your wireless card no longer works.

You are running 32 bit thats what the change was. Thing is they dropped legacy support for a lot of old hardware. Thats why the sound needed patching and probably why your wireless card no longer works.

hmmm.... should i just get a new wifi card that more compatible or will i have the same problem ?

• 4 weeks later...

Have followed this tutorial to the dot (having installed osx on my PC several times I have a basic idea). BIOS is exact, followed the steps then got to installing the pre 10.6.4 did that then installed the combo update 10.6.4 - made sure BIOS was right and nothing, gives me a kernel panic now.

I've attached a photo, even when I load from SL disk using -x -v -f it still gives me the same thing.

My hardware is:

P35-DS3L rev2.0 f9 bios

7600gt (I made the plist change to allow it to work in 64bit mode)

WL-138G asus PCI wireless

post-680626-1287644420_thumb.jpg

Have followed this tutorial to the dot (having installed osx on my PC several times I have a basic idea). BIOS is exact, followed the steps then got to installing the pre 10.6.4 did that then installed the combo update 10.6.4 - made sure BIOS was right and nothing, gives me a kernel panic now.

I've attached a photo, even when I load from SL disk using -x -v -f it still gives me the same thing.

My hardware is:

P35-DS3L rev2.0 f9 bios

7600gt (I made the plist change to allow it to work in 64bit mode)

WL-138G asus PCI wireless

post-680626-1287644420_thumb.jpg

thats the exact thing that happened to me.... read all my questions and the answers...(starts a few pages back) i got it working except for the wireless card but im just buying a new one from the compatible list..

thats the exact thing that happened to me.... read all my questions and the answers...(starts a few pages back) i got it working except for the wireless card but im just buying a new one from the compatible list..

Just read them. I have changed the com.apple.boot.plist although I did it in windows after osx wouldnt load after the 10.6.4 update. At what stage should the string be changed? before running the pre 10.6.4 file ??

When I try to boot with the slboot.iso it says cdboot:done and then it just hangs there. I have an IDE dvd drive and I think this is why this is happening, correct?

Hi, i have the same problem - it's stuck on cdboot:done. And i have SATA dvd drive

anyone experienced same thing?

First off, thanks for a clear instructions. It works perfectly on first try. I have same MB and 3 SATA HDs and a SATA DVD. Been running no issue for almost a month now. However, there's a small issue with auto-sleep as it worked when i first install it. I guess after OC'd and install some apps, my auto-sleep stop working. A workaround is PleaseSleep and been working fine.

Thanks, thepiecesfit

DSDT

PATCH GA P35 DS3L

GA_P35_DS3L_PATCHES.zip

Fixs

DTGP

HDEF/ALC888

HID/CID

HPET

IRQs

RTC

SBUS

SHUTDOWN

EHCI

LPC ICH9

ICH9 USB SLEEP

EXTRA, CHAMELOEN RC5 and OTHERS

GA_P35_DS3L.zip

to apply the patches, use DSDT EDITOR and PATCHER

(video)

Native Power Management and Restart fix use Chameleon RC5

mald0n20100922s202502.png

1-Copy the folder Extra for HD

*prepare your DSDT, copy to folder Extra

2-Install Chameleon RC5

Reboot

-v

Well, thanks for a "quick reply". Found out myself...

For anyone who will experience this problem (stuck at "slboot:done") -

just set the bios to the default settings like in PDF.

Probably there is one parameter that solves the problem, but I changed everything to PDF default an it worked

• 2 weeks later...