Ati 4890 with 10.6.4 *Solutions inside*

ToBeMac

31 posts in this topic

Anyone managed to get it fully working as it should with the new update?

Or we just have to wait for an update from netkas?

Thanks.

Netkas released earlier an "exotic" driver updated for 10.6.4 but it gets a KP if you run the 10.4 kernel.

He scratched out the text, so I assume he is aware of the problem.

We have to wait, I would presume @@@@

have you tried using new JaS boot file? some users reported success with 10.6.4.

Oh, did it work for you?

Am not sure how's that method differ from using the netkas exotic package (For 10.6.3 anyway).

I'll re-read the topic thoroughly and see what can i play with.

Thanks.

Oh, did it work for you?

actually, i haven't tried it yet. i have lots of work now and most of it is on my hack, so i can't afford to mess it up now.

that's why i'm sticking to 10.6.3 until i find time and patches needed.

i will try it with 10.6.3 later today from an usb stick to see if it works with my graphics card

hola, i have the same problem. i installed the 10.6.3 ati kexts as a workaround for qe/ci until a proper patch for 10.6.4 appears, if u need them here they are. backup/remove the 1064 kexts, and properly install these.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3jznzittmg5

Awesome job, moskivirit! I'll give it a go soon enough, i was holding myself back for awhile as am iPhone developing using my hackintosh, yet i think it's safe to go for it now.

Oh, i forgot to ask, why do you consider this as a workaround? Doesn't it fully work as in 10.6.3?

Thanks.

Awesome job, moskivirit! I'll give it a go soon enough, i was holding myself back for awhile as am iPhone developing using my hackintosh, yet i think it's safe to go for it now.

Oh, i forgot to ask, why do you consider this as a workaround? Doesn't it fully work as in 10.6.3?

Thanks.

Well, it does not work on my machine. Kernel 10.4 64 bit. I will try rebuilding the cache one more time......

qe/ci fully works as in 1063, no glitches for me thus far. still waiting for 1064 exotic patch.

@magare

set the permissions correctly :)

I have fixed the permissions, mate. Actually done everything necessary, but still no luck.

Used the kexts provided by ytrox and all works fine now.

Thanks for the reply anyway :-)

I don't know how to make this work.

I removed the original kexts (10.6.4), used kexthelper to inject the ones provided above, and rebooten. I'm now stuck in an endless 'your machine needs to reboot' cycle.

It was a clean instaal with tony mac's x86 [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], followed by a 10.6.4 combo update. It boots fine, but once I install the kexts it breaks..

I'm stuck...

Macpro 3,1 + 4890 (gigatbyte 1GB)

right now I fixed my problem by reinstall 10.6.3 patch (now qe_ci works ...gr8 resulotion)

but there is a problem when I boot I have to move dvi-cable to the 2nd and then when system boot need take it back same problem with bootcamp !

any idea? what I Forgot??

BR :rolleyes:

"Sapphire ATI HD3870 512 Dual Monitor Full GL acc. (iATKOS incl. drivers)"

Is this your current graphics card?

Nope, sorry, its's a newish box with an 17 860 on a P55 mobo and an 4890. Updated the sig.

Nope, sorry, its's a newish box with an 17 860 on a P55 mobo and an 4890. Updated the sig.

Sorry for the late reply, been busy with my SDK stuff ;)

Is it a reference design? Am asking because i know that the reference design cards are much easier to get 'em up and working, while the non reference ones can be a pita to work with, if you don't already know that.

guys, netkas has released the "exotic cards patch" for 10.6.4 today:

http://netkas.org/?p=459

Awesome, i will give it a try whenever i hit a free time.

Thanks for following up, zarac :D