Ati 4890 with 10.6.4 *Solutions inside*

ToBeMac

31 posts in this topic

Doing a backup now, will then update and try it out with the 10.6.4 kernel ..

EDIT: No does not work here for me, after the grey screen with the apple logo it goes black for a second or so and reboots :D

EDIT 2: Works with 10.3.1 Supported Kernel ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]), but not the 10.6.4 kernel from Qoopz

Same for me, Kernel Panic.

I guess we'll still have to wait...

Got back the old Kext by booting in safe mode (-x), but just one resolution and VLC and other players stay black. I'll not update my machine that carelessly ever again ^^'

Netkas has a new version of the Exotic Patch up on his site. Apparently he made a typo in the previous version and that caused KP's in 64bit kernels. I had KP's when I tried using the original version however the new version works perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

i have a sapphire 4890 1gb and with the latest netkas patch it now works with QE/CI enabled

however i have 3 questions :

1 - how to enable displayport ? when booting via DP the monitor goes in standby mode and SL just doesn't load

2 - how to decrease the fan power ? ! it runs really loud (on windows the CCC would do the trick

3 - this brings me to the 3rd question : Is there any way to have the CCC (Catalyst Control Center) working under SL ? I would need to fix a few things inside. I saw there a kind of official ati/mac drivers for the 4870, could we get these to work for the 4890 ?

thanks all

• 1 month later...