[Guide] Acer X1700 U3700A + OS X 10.6.7

Krishna21

178 posts in this topic

So I tried Krishna's guide once again, and received a kernel panic

See image

EDIT: Okay so I just realize I don't exactly need to have OS X on my PC, so I will stick with Windows 7 for now, I'll let you know in the future if I need any help with OS X.

As for the kernel panic, you should have in /Extra/Extensions/:

EITHER fakesmc.kext (v1 or v2) and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (preferred option)

OR netkas' Snow Leopard dsmos.kext and Kabyl's Leopard Disabler.kext (only if preferred option results in kernel panics)

NOT both or a mix of both...........

As for Windows 7 versus OS X, if you wish, try Pinguy OS 10.10 for a change of OS....... ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi!

A have a problem.

I've managed to install osx using this method. Thanks!! This guide is very helpful. I've modified it a little bit. I've done it without external drive. i had running vmware image of leopard on my windows xp so i connected my sata HD to it, formated it to 3 partitions: 1. snow 2. install 3. temp. On temp disk (ntfs seen by windows) I stored my "mac os 10.6.iso" file, chameleon installer, extension folder etc...

I did it like this:

1. Run vmware leopard/sl.

2. go to temp drive. Mount "mac os 10.6.iso"

3. install chameleon on install

4. restore "mac os 10.6.iso" to install

5. copy /Extension and mach_kernel to install and reboot.

6. install > installation was ok on third time! earlier there was some errors. just tried and tried again.

7. installed chameleon on snow > reboot

8. boot with -x -s -v mach_kernel > single user > copy /Volumes/install/Extra/Extensions /Extra/Extensions etc. (copy extensions and mach_kernel from install to snow)

9. works great and every time i need reinstall i have an option in chameleon to boot from partition "install" to easily get to the installer.

it is really working great. i've tried many many ways to install osx on my 630i without success. Now it is working! Thanks.

But... As I said earlier i have a problem. Problems actually.

1. my mac does not see my IDE drives. Neither cd or hdd. Only SATA.

2. and a real problem. my network card driver seems to be faulty. When i'm using only a web browser its ok, but when i'm trying to use torrent or dowload a big file - it crashes. i've tried nvenet.kext, nForceLan installer, nForceLan.kext posted here. I just don't know what to do next... :D((

So... i need help with my network. Any ideas?

Sorry for my English :angry:

Thank You for any replies

Thomas(PL)

Edit:

Hi!

problem 2 seems to be solved. Lan is working using nForceLAN 0.64.5 istead of 0.64.6 :)

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

A good tut..no problems on replacing files on harddrive only problem is the sata controller doesn't load.

Main Sytem board = Foxxconn nForce 630i.

Where are the download links????

OS X Setup Files.zip

Legacy Kernel 10.6.0.PKG

Hi Krishna,

please direct us to where we can download the "OS X Setup Files.zip" that you have specified. I have you same configuration X1700 except the video card, and am having troubles with computer freezing when playing music/sound Itunes etc.

So i want to start all over again, so please show me the download area to "OS X Setup Files.zip"

Thanks

Hello man, I just finished reading your guide, and I'm pretty sure I'll do it once I get my 2nd internal sata. I have a 630i nForce.

But I have 3 questions for you.

1) Where can I find those "OS X Setup Files.zip" that you mentioned?

2) Do I need to modify my BIOS?

3) I already have Windows Vista installed on my PC. Will booting from the chameleon boot loader damage them in any way? (if you want me to format I will, since I got everything backed up).

Thanks you very much!!

Can someone help me with the post install? I just finished installing snow leopard on my SATA hard drive using a sata to usb enclosure.

But now I don't know where to download Chameleon RC4. The setup files Krishna21 gave us only has a boot file in the chameleon folder. And also, I don't understand which extensions to put in the extra folder, your kexts? or verdants kexts? Please help ;)

And there is also no extra folder in the root of my hard drive..

If you could give me your skype name or msn name so we could instant chat, it would make me soooo happy :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new at this, so please bear with me.

Are there any guides on how to perform this chameleon load?

"Run the Chameleon RC4 Setup Utility from the flash drive, and point it to your hard drive you just installed OS X on."

Thanks.

I'm new at this, so please bear with me.

Are there any guides on how to perform this chameleon load?

"Run the Chameleon RC4 Setup Utility from the flash drive, and point it to your hard drive you just installed OS X on."

Thanks.

Run Dr Hurt's RC4 installer.....and choose to install it on your target OS X HDD.....

• 2 weeks later...
I get Still waiting for root device using all the kexts that are in the Archive.zip file. Any idea?

It all depends on whether or not your 630i chipset is fully AHCI compliant......see iBifteki's version of Krishna21's guide.......it comes down to whether you can or have to use an AppleNForceATA kext or not.......

i have successfully installed the Retail Snow Leopard, on Nforce610i/7050

now how can i get my Internal Graphics 7050 work. coz i dont have any external Graphics Card.

please help.

nVidia GeForce 7050 uses shared memory.......it is not supported by OS X, so you cannot get full CI/QE with it........

Run in basic VESA mode with your native display resolution set in com.apple.Boot.plist, by doing as follows:

After rebooting by typing -s at the boot: prompt and waiting for the prompt

:/ root# to appear, type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for :/ root# to re-appear:

mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv GeForce.kext GeForce.kext.orig
mv NVDAResman.kext NVDAResman.kext.orig
mv NVDANV50Hal.kext NVDANV50Hal.kext.orig
mv NVDANV40Hal.kext NVDANV40Hal.kext.orig
mv NVDANV30Hal.kext NVDANV30Hal.kext.orig
ls -l
 exit

"logout" will then appear on screen followed by "Jettisoning kernel linker" and the rest of the verbose booting screen, resulting in successful booting into the OS X Welcome screen and music.....

The System Profiler shows under Graphics/Displays, 1024x768 resolution 32-bit Color depth and 32MB VRAM with Software Driven CI and QE Not Supported, and against Kernel Extension Info: No kext loaded

Modify the com.apple.Boot.plist file as follows:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Type in (without any spaces anywhere except where there are spaces)

"Graphics Mode"="1280x1080x32@60" BUT as I said using your display resolution.....

between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press Ctrl O and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press Ctrl X to Exit and type

and install no nVidia injector kext, or EFI graphics string, and do not set Chameleon bootloader GraphicsEnabler to Yes.....

@verdant: I have the exact same computer as the guide (except mine has 2.20GHz Pentium Dual-Core). Also, in my BIOS, there is an option for "SATA configures as:" and it is set to "AHCI".

@verdant: I have the exact same computer as the guide (except mine has 2.20GHz Pentium Dual-Core). Also, in my BIOS, there is an option for "SATA configures as:" and it is set to "AHCI".

Where have you put your ATA kexts and which one(s) are you using?

Where have you put your ATA kexts and which one(s) are you using?

I took the Archive.zip from Megaupload (on the first post) and put all the kexts to /System/Library/Extensions then repaired permissions. I'm using a USB key to create an "Installation Disk", because I don't have a S-ATA to USB adapter.

I took the Archive.zip from Megaupload (on the first post) and put all the kexts to /System/Library/Extensions then repaired permissions. I'm using a USB key to create an "Installation Disk", because I don't have a S-ATA to USB adapter.

Hello, I see you are having problems on putting the correct kexts, in the correct folders. So, I suggest you visit here.

That is my guide on installing snow leopard 10.6.7 on the nForce 630i, and with the help of verdant and Krishna21, it has become an easier and more detailed guide. Think of it as the successor of this one -_-

@ iBifteki

I had already pointed mathq to your topic 4 posts above your post...... :hysterical: But the answer to my question is still useful to know..... :thumbsup_anim:

@ iBifteki

I had already pointed mathq to your topic 4 posts above your post...... :P But the answer to my question is still useful to know..... ;)

I successfully installed and booted Mac OS X to a USB External hard drive, then I restored its content to my internal drive, and now I get a kernel panic regarding AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. That kernel panic has disappeared by installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Everything is working fine now, except the sound card (no mic input is working)

Also, is there a way to make Parallels Desktop to work with Vanilla Kernel? I'd like to keep my computer as "vanilla" as possible...

Great guide! I successfully installed Snow Leo on an external USB hard drive, thanks to you! But, i have some suggestions:

LAN:

Now, launch Kext Helper b7 from the USB Drive, and then drag "IONetworkingFamily.Kext" and "nForceLAN.kext" from the USB Drive to Kext Helper.

Well, you forgot to add the modified "IONetworkingFamily.kext" in the Archive folder, so, for those who get stuck at this point, I attached it here (just look below)

(EVGA 8400GS)

Remove NVDANV50 from /System/Library/Extensions by right clicking the kext and clicking "Move to trash."

Open Kext Helper from the Flash Drive, drag and drop NVDANV50 and NVInject from the flash drive to Kext Helper.

Let it install, reboot, done!

I don't know if your Graphic Card worked at it's finest with that injector, but mine didn't (Geforce 9500 GS), so, I used the new NVEnabler 64 and..well, it's a lot better, QE and CI work too, so, i recommend NVEnabler instead of the injector.

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

NVEnabler_64.kext.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an

CPU: intel pentium dual core E1200

Motherboard: MSI p6ngm-fd

2gb of ram

SATA Hard drives.

I know its fully AHCI compliant, I used to have osx86 ideneb installed on it. but I switched CPU's, the old one was a pentium 4.

I had a problem with patching dsdt. but I was able to get one that worked. Is there anything I might need to know when installing snow leopard? I have a DSDT.aml file saved from a previous build. will it work if i make a usb install?