[Guide] Acer X1700 U3700A + OS X 10.6.7

Krishna21

178 posts in this topic

Still waiting for root device... I'll remake my USB key... I don't think I added the kext correctly in the installer. Where do I need to add it ? Because I added it in /Volumes/MacInstall/Extra/Extensions/.

Still waiting for root device... I'll remake my USB key... I don't think I added the kext correctly in the installer. Where do I need to add it ? Because I added it in /Volumes/MacInstall/Extra/Extensions/.

According to post #1, you should just go to the /Extra Folder, delete the /Extensions folder. Then replace it with the provided one in this post. If you have any additional kexts you need to use specifically use for your system, or for ease, go ahead and put it in the folder. BUT DO NOT PUT ANY ANY ANY GRAPHICENABLER/GRAPHIC KEXTS.........then, drag mach_kernel to the root of the flash drive......

Okay i'll do it thanks

It still does:

CPU Halted, then the computer shuts off.

Use my own USB installer guide from here (Part C) but use the kexts from this guide in /Extra/Extensions/ on your USB flash drive........

It booted on the installer. Do I need to select FakeSMC in the installation?

Yes.......

@ mathq

Initially install only the base system without installing languages etc. and then re-run the installer from within the basic booted Snow Leopard system..........

I let the default options and changed the bootloader to Chamelon v.. RC4

It still failed.

Failed to verify 10.6.3.Intel.pkg

Retrying file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/10.6.3.Intel.pkg after 1 failure(s)

Can you tell me how it worked the first time ? And now it always give me a ***** error ???? OMG

I let the default options and changed the bootloader to Chamelon v.. RC4

It still failed.

Retrying file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/10.6.3.Intel.pkg after 1 failure(s)

Can you tell me how it worked the first time ? And now it always give me a ***** error ???? OMG

I suggest that you reformat the target OS X volume as MS-DOS (FAT) and then reformat it again as Mac OS Extended (Journaled).........then try install the base OS X ssytem from fresh again as explained earlier........

I suggest that you reformat the target OS X volume as MS-DOS (FAT) and then reformat it again as Mac OS Extended (Journaled).........then try install the base OS X ssytem from fresh again as explained earlier........

I'll do it now! Thank you very much for the help! Seriously, never I would think I would find something like you who never getsicon_open.gif tired of helping somebody.

Exactly the same thing :S

Could it be the job made by VMWare copying the iso image to my USB key? If so, I'll recopy the ISO making exactly as this Guide.

I'll do it now! Thank you very much for the help! Seriously, never I would think I would find something like you who never getsicon_open.gif tired of helping somebody.

Exactly the same thing :S

Could it be the job made by VMWare copying the iso image to my USB key? If so, I'll recopy the ISO making exactly as this Guide.

Quite possibly..........

Oh! And I think that I understood the problem of Network. As you told me, you don't recommend selecting anything in the drivers, well, at the first time, I used to select nForce Ethernet. And one time, before Mac OS X stops working, I did a verbose boot and it gave me:

NVEthernet: Address ...

nForceLAN: Address...

So 2 kexts had loaded, and I guess that was the problem!

What do you think? May this be the problem?

Oh! And I think that I understood the problem of Network. As you told me, you don't recommend selecting anything in the drivers, well, at the first time, I used to select nForce Ethernet. And one time, before Mac OS X stops working, I did a verbose boot and it gave me:

NVEthernet: Address ...

nForceLAN: Address...

So 2 kexts had loaded, and I guess that was the problem!

What do you think? May this be the problem?

Again possibly.........

Still not working !

:( What's happening ;) Why did it work at first....

Check that no BIOS setttings have changed and start from a clean volume with a fresh install.......

Well I start fresh install everytime I try ! It doesnt work and my bios doesnt even have a function to switch to AHCI for my HDD. So I dont think theres anything that changed since theres not so many things to cahnge ^^

6th try today ! And the installation passed through the 10.6.3.Intel.pkg verification :( last edited on 0:06 GMT-5

I think the ISO file was corrupted because I restored it with a DVD burned 2 days ago and it has been working !

I'll try Network Cards driver you gave me . ^^

Well I start fresh install everytime I try ! It doesnt work and my bios doesnt even have a function to switch to AHCI for my HDD. So I dont think theres anything that changed since theres not so many things to cahnge ^^

6th try today ! And the installation passed through the 10.6.3.Intel.pkg verification :thumbsup_anim: last edited on 0:06 GMT-5

I think the ISO file was corrupted because I restored it with a DVD burned 2 days ago and it has been working !

I'll try Network Cards driver you gave me . ^^

That is good news.........iso files should be burned at the slowest possible speed to CD/DVD....... :help:

That is good news.........iso files should be burned at the slowest possible speed to CD/DVD....... :(

I didn't select any Ethernet driver, and the Internet Connection does exactly the same thing. What driver do you think could make the connection do it? I'll remove it right away and install eno's nForceLAN

Network driver loaded. I confirm. It isn't a driver problem!

iChat is working properly. Mail wasn't working because it crashes while contacting the server.

Is there a way I can fix it? I'm probably not the only one to whom it happened.. ^^

I didn't select any Ethernet driver, and the Internet Connection does exactly the same thing. What driver do you think could make the connection do it? I'll remove it right away and install eno's nForceLAN

If present, remove forcedeth.kext and nForceEthernetController.kext, and remove nvenet.kext, or rename it to nvenet.kext.bad......this is because nvenet loads even when another Ethernet/LAN kext has already been loaded for the hardware. In 10.5.7 and later, including 10.6.x, look in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.......this is a new location for nvenet.kext; prior to 10.5.7, this kext was not in IONetworkingFamily.kext.......

In Terminal, type

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns 
ls
sudo mv nvenet.kext nvenet.kext.bad
ls
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
exit

"ls will list the files in PlugIns"

Reboot with -v -f

If present, remove forcedeth.kext and nForceEthernetController.kext, and remove nvenet.kext, or rename it to nvenet.kext.bad......this is because nvenet loads even when another Ethernet/LAN kext has already been loaded for the hardware. In 10.5.7 and later, including 10.6.x, look in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.......this is a new location for nvenet.kext; prior to 10.5.7, this kext was not in IONetworkingFamily.kext.......

In Terminal, type

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns 
ls
sudo mv nvenet.kext nvenet.kext.bad
ls
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
exit

"ls will list the files in PlugIns"

Reboot with -v -f

OH MY GOD!! IT WORKED

You are my IDOL !!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

OH MY GOD!! IT WORKED

You are my IDOL !!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Glad to help........ <_<

Glad to help........ :thumbsup_anim:

Verdant I very happily thank you for helping, as my activity on this site will unfortunantely be lowering.

This 12 year old is studying like mad, and has had a 4.0 GPA since 1st grade, and is in Algebra 2 already.

So no time for InsanelyMac, only occasional visits.

So once again, thank you very much for helping mathq!