[Guide] Acer X1700 U3700A + OS X 10.6.7

Krishna21

178 posts in this topic

@paoletto1970

You need to use terminal and enter the following to unhide files:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

killall Finder

Then delete the old mach_kernel from the root and drag and drop the modified one

Then type the above command again in terminal apart from false instead of true to hide the files again

Thanks Bpool1982 I make that. But making boot from flash drive it doesn't work. Can anyone help me?

What happens when you try to boot from the USB flash drive...........?

when is the time of to load the first screen of installation with the choose of language the monitor turn off.

What happens when you boot the flash drive using -v -x -f ?

same thing. Changing graphic card geforce8600gt I arrive to the installation screen but my internal sata hard disk is not recognised. what can I do

See if my nForce Retail Snow Leopard Install Guide USB flash drive install method works for you using your 8600GT graphics card.........but with the kexts from this guide.........

• 1 month later...

Okay I will try installing right now, I'll let you know how it goes.

Okay so I cannot transfer mach_kernel to my USB drive, it says its invisible..

Also before this I tried to restore snow leopard (as you instructed in the first post) however Disk Utility would just hang there at "Copying", so I first transfered snow leopard onto my USB key then I installed Chameleon.. ugh. now wat?

Okay I will try installing right now, I'll let you know how it goes.

Okay so I cannot transfer mach_kernel to my USB drive, it says its invisible..

Also before this I tried to restore snow leopard (as you instructed in the first post) however Disk Utility would just hang there at "Copying", so I first transfered snow leopard onto my USB key then I installed Chameleon.. ugh. now wat?

To unhide hidden files including system files, from my SL Retail Guide:

UNHIDING HIDDEN FILES:

The Terminal commands to show/hide hidden and system files are:

To show hidden and system files:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

To hide hidden and system files

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder

or you can download and run TinkerTool......

Thanks, now I get the following error when SL Intsaller opens:

Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer.

damn

Is your HDD partitioned as MBR, or as GPT, and the target OS X volume formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)......?

Also, have you set up your BIOS settings correctly for OS X? I presumed you have if you have/had Leopard OS X installed on the same PC......

It is formated as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and I didnt but I had hardware changes.

What should my BIOS Settings be, it's the American Megatrend or something like that.

OK but how is the HDD partitioned.......GPT or MBR?

For your 630i chipset OS X settings, use my BIOS settings template downloadable from post 1 here...... :thumbsup_anim:

Its MBR. The USB is MB not journaled...

In order for you to install or upgrade OS X 10.6 on MBR partitioned hard drive volumes you need a modified OSInstall.mpkg and OSInstall Unix executable file....see PART E. of my SL Retail Install Guide....... :thumbsup_anim:

Or, repartition your USB drive as GPT and format it as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)..............boot your PC from a Leopard or SL distro DVD and go to Disk Utility on the DVD Installer -> in the sidebar highlight your USB drive device icon -> in main window, click on the Partition tab -> select to partition as 1 volume, with a name with no spaces and format as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) -> click on Options button -> select GUID Partition Table (GPT) -> click Apply..........

Half of the settings on that guide aren't even on my BIOS and vice-versa..

also my USB key wont get detected anymore.

As the introduction to the BIOS settings section explains, the template is a composite of the BIOS parameters in different 630i chipset MOBO BIOSs.........so any one 630i chipset BIOS may not have all the BIOS parameters and settings shown in the template..............

For a USB device to be mounted on the OS X Desktop etc. the kernel version and system.kext version must match.............see here.........

After doing that thing you said, I get an error log after the USB has loaded and I select the Language on the SL Splash screen.

Dyld Error Message

Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/OSInstall

referenced from: System/Installation/CDIS/Mac OS X Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Mac OS X Installer

Reason: image not found

NetworkBrowser failed to launch "usr/bin/nmblookup" (No such file or directory)

Try repairing permissions on the OS X system on the USB drive using Disk Utility..........also see Part C in my SL Retail Guide.......you may want to follow it but using the kexts from Krishna21's guide.......

Without a patched DSDT.aml file in /Extra you will just have to "live" with the CMOS reset issue, or use the ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext in /Extra.......Google is your friend.....

This is why I recommend two OS X volumes..........using Main as Retail Snow Leopard volume and Backup as temporary Leopard or SL distro install......this way you can use a temporary distro OS X install to help you do a full OS X Retail install......