[GUIDE] Dell Latitude E6410

ktbos

153 posts in this topic

Looks like I may have jumped the gun a bit.

I reinstalled SL again last night, added the additional device string to the info.plist and then installed the intel LAN drivers this morning, and touch wood it appears to work.

As an FYI for other E6410 users, it would appear that the wifi light on the top of the keyboard doesn't illuminate, but that the wifi card does actually work :(

Ready for that beer now ktbos?

Minor update. The 10.6.5 update 'broke' the wireless. A couple of reboots didn't do the trick.

Went back into the NetworkInterfaces.plist and renamed the en0 to en1

Most entertaining upon the next reboot as plugging in the LAN cable showed the airport as connected.

Changed it back, and after the next reboot it's still behaving.

Flash in Safari + the Voodoo kext appears to yield unstableness, although it's fine still in firefox...

Can you expand on the additional device string you entered? are you running with the NVS3100M card. 10.6.5 doesn't seem to ever install for me.

Sorry, I should have prefaced my post. The additional device string was to add the Dell Wireless 1397 to the Broadcom detected devices list.

The 6410 I'm using is an i7 (620 Dual core), 8gb ram (although I have to pull one of the 4Gb sticks out as I've not quite worked out the patch to fsck as yet...)

It's got the NVS3100M graphics (it just worked out of the box - I'm using the 10.6.3 SL Retail DVD, although I'm not sure the QI/QE or whatever it is that people on these boards get excited about are working yet...I don't intend to do 3d games/HD movies, so that's low on my priority list to work out :))

Aside from that I think it's fairly standard. OS X doesn't see the built in webcam (but I think it's a creative one, so it should be fairly easy to find drivers). I don't have the built in modem (not sure if that makes a great deal of difference, but figured I'd mention it incase it helps you track down the root cause)

And since the 10.6.5 update the bluetooth light doesn't come on anymore (I'm not sure if that's a powersaving thing, or if the update killed it. I've been tempted by a magic mouse for quite some time now, so might use 'testing' the bluetooth as an excuse to get one :))

It had the Intel 6250 Wimax-N adaptor, which even project camphor didn't seem to like (hence the purchase of the DW1397)

I switched out my dw1520 wifi card on the e6410 for dw1397 but wifi is still not working. I've tried adding dev id to kext and its still a no go. Can any one help a newb out? btw im running 10.6.3

For all of you with wireless problems (but compatible BCM cards): http://prasys.info/2009/12/rebranding-broa...rds-as-airport/

My cards detect as airport cards OOB. You will never have a wireless problem again.

If you can't get it to work for some reason, I suppose I could ship you one of the ones I already have done and just do it again.

That said--10.6.5 seems to play tricks with my laptop. Anyone else getting a freeze during boot unless you use safe mode? From googling, it appears that 10.6.5 brought new AppleIntelHD drivers that are trying to use the hybrid video on my laptop, instead of using just the NV3100M, which was working with NVEnabler just fine in 10.6.4.

edit: oh, and I am using the DW1510, which is A/B/G/N.

Thanks to the OP!! I followed his guide and now have SL running on my E6410.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get CI/QE working with Intel X3100 graphics? I'm running 10.6.3 by the way... upgrading to 10.6.4/10.6.5 gave me kernel panics.

Speaking of kernel panics. Can anyone explain why I have to use a custom kernel? I thought in this day and age it was easy to run a vanilla kernel.

Thanks to the OP!! I followed his guide and now have SL running on my E6410.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get CI/QE working with Intel X3100 graphics? I'm running 10.6.3 by the way... upgrading to 10.6.4/10.6.5 gave me kernel panics.

Speaking of kernel panics. Can anyone explain why I have to use a custom kernel? I thought in this day and age it was easy to run a vanilla kernel.

You're welcome. Glad it works. I think the post from maleorderbride makes a good point about a new kext in 10.6.5 that causes graphics issues. And that probably impacts your integrated graphics too. As for the custom kernel, I believe it has something to do with the standard MacOS not working with the latest Intel chips. I can't remember where I got the kernel now but I do remember that there were different kernels compiled for different Intel chips. And I suspect to get 10.6.5 working without a panic, we'll need a new version of that custom kernel. Updates to the install guide (with new kernel for 10.6.5, graphics, and WiFi) are on my to-do list but frankly aren't very high. Sorry - still paying for the time I sunk into the original guide! :-)

You're welcome. Glad it works. I think the post from maleorderbride makes a good point about a new kext in 10.6.5 that causes graphics issues. And that probably impacts your integrated graphics too. As for the custom kernel, I believe it has something to do with the standard MacOS not working with the latest Intel chips. I can't remember where I got the kernel now but I do remember that there were different kernels compiled for different Intel chips. And I suspect to get 10.6.5 working without a panic, we'll need a new version of that custom kernel. Updates to the install guide (with new kernel for 10.6.5, graphics, and WiFi) are on my to-do list but frankly aren't very high. Sorry - still paying for the time I sunk into the original guide! :-)

You can use vanilla kernel with 10.6.4 and after. 10.6.3 predates i3/i5 use by Apple.

I doubt we need a new kernel, so much as a way to either make the onboard video work, or a way to disable it =/

I'll just use the 10.6.4 AppleIntelHD kexts for now with my 10.6.5 install.

edit:

did a fresh install and have no problems with vanilla 10.6.5 with my NV3100M. It shows as unknown, but still seems to be functional with QE/CI. I am not using NVEnabler, just the latest RC5 build and graphics enabler.

Sleep does not work and I don't want to use SleepEnabler. Is this working for anyone else in 10.6.5, or in earlier versions?

My Cinebench R11.5 scores seem low--2.06 for CPU. What are other people getting? I have a 2.4GHZ i5-520M.

The NV3100M is scoring a 4.72. I will try the Nvidia updates to see if that helps.

edit 2:

I did some checking and those scores are spot on. I guess I just forgot how crappy laptops are. I bought an i7-740QX Quad-Core and will be swapping that in one it arrives next week.

I have also enlisted the aid of Mald0n and will get a DSDT that is actually intended for this board. That should solve our sleep problems.

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you for this guide. It is a godsend especially as osx86 first-timers couldn't dream of anything better than a dedicated boot cd and tutorial for their laptop. I am one of them but despite familiarity with basic command line and booting operations I couldn't get past step 5, which means I do not even get to the OSX Install screen. I did set SATA Operation to AHCI.

In fact I would like to dig a bit more on the error reported by ucandoit earlier in this thread, because his screenshot (here) is actually the exact same I have. What happens is I hit the Install DVD in the bootloader and some verbose goes on for like 10 seconds before it stops and gives a kernel panic based on the following line for a missing kext:

Can't load kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily - link state missing.

Therefore it can't load com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform for dependency reasons, and continues with errors of missing com.free.driver.UUID, and com.psystar.driver.OpenHaltRestart.

One other potential hint I spotted was right after I hit the Install DVD button in the bootloader, some verbose about loading drivers starts in the Chameleon background first, and indicates one line of failure although not putting a halt to the process:

FileLoadDrivers failed on a ramdisk

Then it goes on and eventually switches to a black DOS environment in which the aforementioned screenshot appears.

This is happenning with a more recent version of a single layered Install DVD. My specs are as follows:

E6410 with A06 BIOS

Discrete NVidia NVS 3100M

i5-520M

3GB RAM

PLDS DVD+-RW DU-8A3S ATA

Intel 82577LM Gigabit

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN

No Bluetooth

Ricoh 1394 OHCI Compliant

I have tried both with the HDD wiped out and with Windows 7 installed. I hope this is not a matter of new Latitude hardware. Have tried with other OSX images to no avail.

I have read reports of people having similar issues of OSX Install not getting to install screen in different contexts. Some managed to solve their problem by either removing all OS from the HDD or trying with an earlier version of Snow Leopard (one had success with 10.6.3 instead of 10.6.5 I think). I have a hard time figuring this out with my weak knowledge of OSX environment and OS installation processes in general.

Thanks, your help is much appreciated.

Thank you for this guide. It is a godsend especially as osx86 first-timers couldn't dream of anything better than a dedicated boot cd and tutorial for their laptop. I am one of them but despite familiarity with basic command line and booting operations I couldn't get past step 5, which means I do not even get to the OSX Install screen. I did set SATA Operation to AHCI.

In fact I would like to dig a bit more on the error reported by ucandoit earlier in this thread, because his screenshot (here) is actually the exact same I have. What happens is I hit the Install DVD in the bootloader and some verbose goes on for like 10 seconds before it stops and gives a kernel panic based on the following line for a missing kext:

Can't load kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily - link state missing.

Therefore it can't load com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform for dependency reasons, and continues with errors of missing com.free.driver.UUID, and com.psystar.driver.OpenHaltRestart.

One other potential hint I spotted was right after I hit the Install DVD button in the bootloader, some verbose about loading drivers starts in the Chameleon background first, and indicates one line of failure although not putting a halt to the process:

FileLoadDrivers failed on a ramdisk

Then it goes on and eventually switches to a black DOS environment in which the aforementioned screenshot appears.

This is happenning with a more recent version of a single layered Install DVD. My specs are as follows:

E6410 with A06 BIOS

Discrete NVidia NVS 3100M

i5-520M

3GB RAM

PLDS DVD+-RW DU-8A3S ATA

Intel 82577LM Gigabit

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN

No Bluetooth

Ricoh 1394 OHCI Compliant

I have tried both with the HDD wiped out and with Windows 7 installed. I hope this is not a matter of new Latitude hardware. Have tried with other OSX images to no avail.

I have read reports of people having similar issues of OSX Install not getting to install screen in different contexts. Some managed to solve their problem by either removing all OS from the HDD or trying with an earlier version of Snow Leopard (one had success with 10.6.3 instead of 10.6.5 I think). I have a hard time figuring this out with my weak knowledge of OSX environment and OS installation processes in general.

Thanks, your help is much appreciated.

Do you have access to a working install of OS X? I just installed on a different computer, did combo updates to current, then installed Chameleon RC5 and my Extra folder. Then put the HDD into the laptop and voila.

Did a few more installs for keyboard/mouse/voodoohda, and voodoobattery.

• 2 months later...

:(SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!! (solution at the bottom)

hi guys,

I have trouble, the first of all was installed Mac OS X 10.6.3 by the guide , Then i begun to install Win7 Pro...

at this point:

Open terminal and “cd” to the location of the Post Install application with something like this:

cd /Volumes/BootCDE6410/Post\ Install\ E6410

Then change to a directory inside the application package with this command:

cd Post\ Install.pkg/Contents/Resources/boot

i changed this string cd Post\ Install.pkg/Contents/Resources/boot on cd Post\ Install\ E6410.pkg/Contents/Resources/boot because after trying to type the first string terminal said "no such file or directory", after changed string everything was ok till the step:

At this point, you should have a functioning Chameleon bootloader. You should be able to boot MacOS without a problem and if you choose Linux, you should see GRUB start. If you select Windows, you’ll get the 0xc000000e boot issue. We’re going to fix this now. Boot into the Windows install media.

i did not try it, i just in time put the CD with Win7 in CDROM and printing the commands by the guide.

list disk

select disk 0

list partition

select partition 2

active

exit

i have all the same numbers of partitions. disk 0 is HDD , disk 2 is Win7...

and next step was:

Windows will at this point automatically search for and find problems with your computers startup options. Simply click Repair and restart.

made so, and it automaticaly loads Windows 7...just in DOS screen appears on 2 sec. "disk 0" and loads win7.

In My Computer i don't see MAC OS partition, just /C:

Anybody could explain me, where and what i have missed.

And also i have tried to boot with Loader CD Dell 6410, but it did not allow "REboot your computer" or "press any button"

Thank's!

patching some mistakes in quide:

1) In section: "Fix Chameleon and Windows", step 4:

i changed this string cd Post\ Install.pkg/Contents/Resources/boot to

cd Post\ Install\ E6410.pkg/Contents/Resources/boot

because after trying to type the first string terminal said "no such file or directory".

2) In section: "Fix Chameleon and Windows", step 9:

In diskpart, type the following commands:

list disk

select disk 0

list partition

select partition 2

active

exit

but must be so:

list disk
select disk 0
list partition
select partition 2
active
select partition 3
active
exit

after this operation your computer will offer you to choose what OS you would like to load (makes chameleon enable).

Thank's for you katharsys awesome guide!

And thank you Mesomorf for posted reply!

Dell E6510 I5 NVS3100 512MB 4Gb BIOS A06 - Mac OS X 10.6.3 Retail and Win7Pro 64bit work!

Now i am installing drivers for windows.

Forgot to post this here, but did thank the author via email previously.

Used this to get 10.6.3 working on my E4310 (a sister laptop to the E6410 - same hardware).

I just got 10.6.6 working on my E4310 a few days ago, as well!

I've been running into panics when updating from 10.6 to 10.6.6. I've tried installing the post-program off of the BootCDE6410 and then installing the Intel and ApplePS2controller then rebooting. When I try to run the 10.6.6 update it gets to about the 95% mark and then panics.

I have an i5 540M with 4GB memory and an Nvidia 3100M, any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

I was hoping you could help. I've been trying to follow this post on how to install Leopard onto a Dell Latitude E6410 but with no sucsess.

Everytime i try to load the mac dvd after using your boot cd i get a load of messages ending with this one:

Warning - kext com.apple.driver.AppleACIPlatform has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel* and com.apple.kpi.* components; use only one style.

can't load kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily - link state missing.

Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily.

Kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily failed to load (0xdc000001).

Dependency com.apple.iokit,IOACPIFamily of kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform failed to load.

kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform failed to load (0xdc008015).

Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (error 0xdc008015).

Couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIPlatformExpert"

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x558993): "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1456.1.25/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1389

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

0x2f0f3da8 : 0x21acfa (0x5ce650 0x2f0f3ddc 0x223156 0x0)

0x2f0f3df8 : 0x558993 (0x5d7e6c 0x4606510 0x2f0f3e28 0x4683140)

0x2f0f3e18 : 0x5389f2 (0x466f100 0x466fd80 0x1 0x4fbe2a)

0x2f0f3e78 : 0x536c27 (0x466fd80 0x466f100 0x4730500 0x4ffcf2)

0x2f0f3f28 : 0x5371b8 (0x466fd80 0x4676c40 0x8 0xffffffff)

0x2f0f3f78 : 0x538e67 (0x466fd80 0x0 0x2f0f3fac 0x1)

0x2f0f3fc8: 0x29c68c (0x46fffc0 0x0 0x0 0x8a2200)

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0: Fri Jul 31 22:47:34 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1456.1.25~1/RELEASE_I386

System uptime in nanoseconds: 2257943562

You can either reply on here or email at peterderrington@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi,

I was hoping you could help. I've been trying to follow this post on how to install Leopard onto a Dell Latitude E6410 but with no sucsess.

Everytime i try to load the mac dvd after using your boot cd i get a load of messages ending with this one:

Peter, can you reply to the post here with the details on your E6410? Any spec details would be helpful. In particular, those that vary from my configuration (in the original post). And also, what version of Mac DVD are you trying to run?

• 2 weeks later...
Peter, can you reply to the post here with the details on your E6410? Any spec details would be helpful. In particular, those that vary from my configuration (in the original post). And also, what version of Mac DVD are you trying to run?

I was getting a very similar message, the issue was that the DVD of OSX I was using wasn't being recognised by the Bootdisk here, or by [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. I'm still experimenting, but I have been able to get into the installation procedure by using a Kalyway 10.5.2 disk. I am going to try swapping to 10.6.0 at this point, failing that, install 10.5.2 and upgrade from there.

• 2 weeks later...

so i have the boot cd and a copy of snow leopard on a usb/external hard drive. however, after booting from the cd it doesnt give me an option to boot form usb/external hard drive

is there command i can use in chameleon to get it to search my usb port or is there a way i can incorporate the e6410 boot cd to the usb thumg drive?

so i have the boot cd and a copy of snow leopard on a usb/external hard drive. however, after booting from the cd it doesnt give me an option to boot form usb/external hard drive

is there command i can use in chameleon to get it to search my usb port or is there a way i can incorporate the e6410 boot cd to the usb thumg drive?

F5 should refresh the drive list if you inserted a new CD after booting, or inserted your flash drive after Chameleon finished loading.

I got QE/CI working with the NVS 3100m video card on the dell E6410.

What you need are kexts from fermi_package_20100803.dmg someone has the bundle for the new gtxs and it works for the NVS 3100m.

Just install the dmg, reboot and nvenabler should have QE/CI working. It says unknow nvidia card, but i dont mind. Havent bothered to add a device string.

Everything works except the wireless.

Hi,

I am trying to get QE/CI running to use iMovie but have no success until now.

Can you sent me a list of the loaded kexts with versions?

There are issues with the *FrameBuffer* or *FB* kexts. Let me know which combinations works.

What bootloaded have you used?

What enabler or injector.

What kexts have been deleted from the load path?

The build in card offer an integrated intel mode and an nVidia mode. Assuming you use the nVidia mode to get accellerated QE/CI.

Has anybody edited the DSDT file to make QE/CI or sleep really working?

If I load the DSDT file from the above image into an editor, I see some syntax errors.

I am on 10.6.6

Thanks a lot.

stefan

Has Anyone found a viable wifi solution? I looked around but want to see what the best option is. I don't mind using a wifi dongle, but want to see what everyone else is using.

Thanks

Here is my guide for setting up a Dell Latitude E6410 to run Snow Leopard. It includes some custom kexts as well as some of the typical kexts. My install CD aggregates a lot of other peoples' work and I have a list at the end of the places where I got the tools or insight to put this together.

In the end, I got keyboard, firewire, bluetooth, and the battery indicator working. I did not get the internal SD card or fingerprint reader working. I have an NVidia NVS 3100M which sort of works natively; using Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler gets QE/CI working but it also makes things unstable like when the screensaver kicks in, the video never comes back so I ended up backing off of that and just sticking with the basic graphics. The trackpad does work but it's only basic functionality. The audio needed some tweaking to make it work, so I modified VoodooHDA to get that working. And I couldn't find a kext for my wired network so I made my own using the Intel82566MM kext as a base and adapting the new Intel code. WiFi will need to wait for Project Camphor.

The following guide is a combination of many different guides including blkhockeypro19's E520 guide and anguish's triple boot guide (at MyDellMini.com). Big thanks to both blkhockeypro19 and anguish.

Downloads

Install MacOS

1. In the BIOS, under the System Configuration heading, set SATA Operation to "AHCI"
  2. Attach an external USB mouse since the Trackpad won't work with MacOS until later in the process.
  3. Boot computer using BootCDE6410.
  4. When the computer boots into the Chameleon bootloader, remove BootCDE6410 and insert MacOS X retail install DVD.
  5. Wait for inserted DVD to spin up, hit F5, then use the arrow keys to select the retail install DVD and boot.
  6. Select language, accept license.
  7. From the Utilities menu select Disk Utility.
  8. Select the hard drive and pick the Erase tab. (Note that everything on the hard drive will be wiped out so don't do this if you have anything on the drive you care about!) Leave the format and Name fields alone and click "Erase...".
  9. For triple booting, you'll need to do this: Select the Partition tab. Set up the partitions (using +/- buttons, dropdown, etc.) such that there are three partitions. The first partition will be the Windows partition and will be FAT32 (for now); the second will be the MacOS partition and will be MacOS Extended Journaled; the third will be the Linux partition and will be FAT32 (for now). Be sure that in the Options window you have GPT selected. When you are ready, click Apply. (Again, everything will be wiped out so if anything managed to get on your hard drive between the previous step and this one, don't do this one!) With my 128 Gig hard drive, I set up my partitions as follows: 63.35 Gig for Win7, 30.34 Gig for MacOSX, and 34.01 Gig for Linux but as long as you have 15 to 20 Gig for each, your install should work fine.
  10. When the formatting is complete, exit Disk Utility.
  11. Click "Install" and wait. It should take about 20 minutes (though it may say 40) and the screensaver won't work so the screen may freeze - move the mouse periodically to so you can see progress.
  12. When you get a message saying "Install Failed", don't dispair - it just means it couldn't start the kernel that it just installed because a special kernel is required. You'll get that when you do the next step. So reboot the computer.
  13. While the computer is rebooting and you are hitting F12 to get the boot menu, you can also eject the retail install DVD - we're done with that disc. Put the BootCDE6410 back in the drive, wait for it to spin up, and select the CD/DVD drive to boot.
  14. Now, when Chameleon shows the list of boot devices, choose the newly installed MacOS - should be the middle icon between the two FAT32 drives.
  15. Go through the remaining installation steps - you'll get the welcome movie, be asked to enter your info, etc.. Note that many of the screens you can skip entering info on. Just be sure you enter a username and password when you get that screen.
  16. When the installer has finished, open the finder window to the BootCDE6410 and run the post-install program to completion
  17. Run Kext Helper and install the IntelE1000e.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext in S/L/E (don't install VoodooHDA.kext yet)
  18. Eject the BootCDE6410 and reboot. The computer should be able to boot on its own now into the Chameleon bootloader. And when you pick the MacOS partition, it should boot up correctly into MacOS.
  19. Run Software Update to update to MacOS 10.6.3. I like to do the OS updates separate from the all others so I do the OS update, then do Software Update again to get the other applications updated.
  20. After the updates are complete, open Terminal. Run the following commands:
    cd /System/Library/Extensions
    sudo mv AppleHDA.kext AppleHDA.kext.notused

and then reboot

21. Put the BootCDE6410 back in and now use Kext Helper to install the VoodooHDA.kext in S/L/E. You can also optionally install the VoodooHDA PrefPane by double-clicking it (and choose for all users) - don't worry about PrefPane error or Prefs crash. I think this is optional because I didn't see any benefit to the control panel with the audio device on the E6410 but perhaps you'll find something useful.
  22. Reboot, confirm all is well, run additional software updates.

Note that this is a subset of my full triple boot guide which adds Win7 and Ubuntu. I thought that the full guide might be a little off topic for here. But if anyone is interested in that, you can read the full details on my blog.

Sorry for the dealy in getting back to you.

Have tried a MAC OS 10.6.3 disk and now have a different error message :((

After swapping from the boot disk to the MAC OS disk it reels through a variety of text ending with:

"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out"

and then just sits there.

The Machine is as follows:

Dell Latitude E6410

BIOS A07

2GB RAM

Intel Core i5 CPU M520 @ 2.4GHz

160GB HD

DVD +/-RW

Intel GMA HD (video)

Audio - IDT92HD81

Broadcom Wireless

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

my E6410 doesn't have a dedicated Nvidia NVS 3100M : only the Intel GMA HD integrated on the processor unit. I couldn't make the Quartz Extreme work and the Flash Player is crashing, regardless the browser I'm using. So, it's almost impossible to use my hackingtosh.

Any tip to make the Intel GMA HD integrated work with QE/CI ?

Regards,

Guys,

my E6410 doesn't have a dedicated Nvidia NVS 3100M : only the Intel GMA HD integrated on the processor unit. I couldn't make the Quartz Extreme work and the Flash Player is crashing, regardless the browser I'm using. So, it's almost impossible to use my hackingtosh.

Any tip to make the Intel GMA HD integrated work with QE/CI ?

Regards,

It won't work. No progress has really been made on this front. Best you can do is install an older version of flash that doesn't require QE/CI. I'm using Chrome, but had to delete the builtin flash plugin player packed inside the app to get it to run the older version.

Dual Monitor Problem!!

Hi

I was able to install SL and have it working after updating to 10.6.7 on my Dell E6410 (Core i5, NVIDIA NVS310M) with 1280x800 resolution (the max on this laptop).

Whenever i connect and external monitor to the VGA Port, the screen on the laptop goes black and i have nothing on the external monitor as well. I essentially have to reboot the laptop. If i choose to reboot with the Monitor plugged in and have it start with the Monitor plugged in, i still have a black screen.

Can you guys help me to make this happen? My guess is that the current NVEnabler KEXT doesnt support multiple monitors right?

TIA