i3 330m Dell Inspiron 1564

36 posts in this topic

This week I bought a new laptop DELL Inspiron 1564 with Intel i3 330m.

Installed OSX Leopard on it , at this point I got everything working except QE and screen resolution this would be my fist question anybody know how to get that Integrated HD Graphics Accelerator to work ??

Also second question (will try to post it separate)

I was only able to boot Kalyway 10.5.2 everything else would install only up to 2 to 4 kexts, and computer would restart , it will start installation for only 1 or 2 seconds and reboot itself, last line blinks for just a split second and it says something about installing Darwin bootloader (it's so quick I never was able to read it).

I tried different HDD partitions GUID and MBR, Tried Bios settings or -F flag, and same results. This would happened either with Snow or any Leopard distro above 10.5.4.

Anyone can tell me what I was doing wrong why this laptop is restarting, I'm puzzled ?????

first of all, why are you installing Leopard in a SL capable machine?

I've read the specs and they seem to be compatible:

Intel® CoreTM i3-330M (2.13GHz)

• ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD 4330 - 512MB -Chamaleon 2.0 GraphicsEnabler string required and add dev ids to 2 kexts

if you got the cheaper one with intel graphics, Im afraid that QE/CI wont work, unless it its the X3100

• Dell 1397 Wireless-g Half Mini Card ---

For the Dell 1397, you need the Broadcom43xx kext. It is included in iATKOS v7, though I'm not sure if it works out of the box. Included in the zip file is an installer for the kext (Broadcom.pkg). Run it, restart, then open the terminal, and run the bcrm43xx_enabler.sh script included in the same folder. After another restart, wireless should now work

(taken from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=175003 )

first of all, why are you installing Leopard in a SL capable machine?

Well This is exactly my problem I realize it's Snow capable but........... As I mentioned:

anything installation DVD above 10.5.4 would only reboot the computer

I'v tried

iAtkos v7 & IPC 10.5.6

Snow Leo 10.6.0 (retail) & 10.6.1 $ 10.6.2

and this distros will only reboot the computer I mean it won't even install after F8 the installation process will run for about 2 sec. and the computer will reboot.

only Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4all 10.5.4 would install .

My guess there's a conflict with Bios boot but obviously I wasn't able to fix it (tried -f on all of them)

This week I bought a new laptop DELL Inspiron 1564 with Intel i3 330m.

Installed OSX Leopard on it , at this point I got everything working except QE and screen resolution this would be my fist question anybody know how to get that Integrated HD Graphics Accelerator to work ??

Also second question (will try to post it separate)

I was only able to boot Kalyway 10.5.2 everything else would install only up to 2 to 4 kexts, and computer would restart , it will start installation for only 1 or 2 seconds and reboot itself, last line blinks for just a split second and it says something about installing Darwin bootloader (it's so quick I never was able to read it).

I tried different HDD partitions GUID and MBR, Tried Bios settings or -F flag, and same results. This would happened either with Snow or any Leopard distro above 10.5.4.

Anyone can tell me what I was doing wrong why this laptop is restarting, I'm puzzled ?????

hi

im super interested in this thread ! as i want to get OSX installed on my system too

can you plz give me a brief walkthrough about how you installed the leopard ( ican get kalyway ) but need the info about how to do the install it self and the kexts you chose for the install

and other post install kexts you loaded

regarding the SNOW LEOPARD .. have you tried upgrading from the leopard instal via the OSX retail disk ? does it still restart like how you posted in the 1st post ?

thanks and looking forward to your reply @@@

hi

im super interested in this thread ! as i want to get OSX installed on my system too

can you plz give me a brief walkthrough about how you installed the leopard ( ican get kalyway ) but need the info about how to do the install it self and the kexts you chose for the install

and other post install kexts you loaded

regarding the SNOW LEOPARD .. have you tried upgrading from the leopard instal via the OSX retail disk ? does it still restart like how you posted in the 1st post ?

thanks and looking forward to your reply @@@

hi I did install iDaneb 10.5.8 with a busratio=20 flag at the next reboot as well. you can find more info at tonymacosx86.com

for the i3 cpu i used qoopz kernel . I didn't get a resolution and QE to work but i don't think there's a solution for this yet.

I didn't used Snow Leopard because I wanted to get steady system before I'll start messing with 64bit kexts etc. .

everything works except QE and resolution is stuck @ 1024x768 can't get it lower or higher

Big thanks to Skyper for helping me out with that installtion

Hi

I spent all day today using various guides from tonyosx (USB, DVD)

even tried a iatkos distro 10.5.7

all with same result .... Reboot after a few code on the screen

to OP can u giOmerome hints for bios adjustment (had set my hdd to AHCI or something , tried with speedtrap on/ off , turbo off/on and even virtualization off/on) nothing worked

have U tried removing the dells hard disk and installing the is directly on it via a primary machine running SL?

Obe last thing , (if it can work I'll purchase a external HD) can I boot my Dell using an ext HD with SL installed on it ?? Will my Dell run the SL ?

Thanks

Hi

I spent all day today using various guides from tonyosx (USB, DVD)

even tried a iatkos distro 10.5.7

all with same result .... Reboot after a few code on the screen

to OP can u giOmerome hints for bios adjustment (had set my hdd to AHCI or something , tried with speedtrap on/ off , turbo off/on and even virtualization off/on) nothing worked

have U tried removing the dells hard disk and installing the is directly on it via a primary machine running SL?

Obe last thing , (if it can work I'll purchase a external HD) can I boot my Dell using an ext HD with SL installed on it ?? Will my Dell run the SL ?

Thanks

type busartio=20 -v when you get the boot screen

Are you installing Snow Leopard or just 10.5 and do you have dell 1564 ??

I did it with iDaneb lite 10.5.8 but i tried iAtikosv.7 and it worked for me as well.

I'm trying to install snow leopard 10.6.2

need drivers for wifi (the one mentioned above doesn't work) LAN, video (res is at 1024x768) battery , clock (it's super fast)

got audio working atleast yeayyy

plan to post a complete how to once I get everything right

any hints about the drivers ?? Or kexts ??

Cheers

I'm trying to install snow leopard 10.6.2

need drivers for wifi (the one mentioned above doesn't work) LAN, video (res is at 1024x768) battery , clock (it's super fast)

got audio working atleast yeayyy

plan to post a complete how to once I get everything right

any hints about the drivers ?? Or kexts ??

Cheers

You can get drivers from here

http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/02/12/de...leopard-10-6-2/

Hi all. I succesfully instaled 10.6.0 on a Dell Studio 1558 (i5- 520M processor). As soon as I get permissions (5 posts) to start a topic, I will start one with a detailed explanation of how I got it working (it wasn't easy AT ALL!). I needed to use components from two different boot CD's to get it working. The only issues I still can't iron out are: Resolution (got it up to 1280x1024 but not the native 1920x1080), microphone, QE/CI, I can't properly use the hotkeys for some commands and adjusting screen brightness.

BTW, I have the Intel GMA HD card so my guide will be of lots of help. I will post it soon probably today or tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

i was able to install using IDeneb 10.4, straight forward boot and Installation but after installation system keep rebooting again and again :)

IPC 10.5.6, IDeneb 10.5 and 10.6 Lite Edition, SnowOsx Universal 10.6 all keep rebooting ...

i've Dell Inspiron 1564 and desperatly waiting for your post , till than i'm trying tonymacx86 boot cd method ...

Hi all. I succesfully instaled 10.6.0 on a Dell Studio 1558 (i5- 520M processor). As soon as I get permissions (5 posts) to start a topic, I will start one with a detailed explanation of how I got it working (it wasn't easy AT ALL!). I needed to use components from two different boot CD's to get it working. The only issues I still can't iron out are: Resolution (got it up to 1280x1024 but not the native 1920x1080), microphone, QE/CI, I can't properly use the hotkeys for some commands and adjusting screen brightness.

BTW, I have the Intel GMA HD card so my guide will be of lots of help. I will post it soon probably today or tomorrow.

i was able to install using IDeneb 10.4, straight forward boot and Installation but after installation system keep rebooting again and again :(

IPC 10.5.6, IDeneb 10.5 and 10.6 Lite Edition, SnowOsx Universal 10.6 all keep rebooting ...

i've Dell Inspiron 1564 and desperatly waiting for your post , till than i'm trying tonymacx86 boot cd method ...

hi try to get iDaneb 10.5.8 and install . hit F8 at the boot screen and type busratio = 20 -v

if this doesn't work try -x or -f flags

Install the qoopz kernel

you will have to type busratio =20 everytime at booting sequence but you can get rid of it by modifing com.apple.Boot

here you can find drivers for your Dell

I have a Insprion 1564 with Intel HD graphic.

The only version of the hackintosh that works for me is iDeneb 10.5.6 with 9.2.2 Modbin kernel.

any other version manage to restart my notebook before anythin come to load!

Sound card, Wireless and Video resolution is not working also.

can anyone help plz?

hi try to get iDaneb 10.5.8 and install . hit F8 at the boot screen and type busratio = 20 -v

if this doesn't work try -x or -f flags

Install the qoopz kernel

you will have to type busratio =20 everytime at booting sequence but you can get rid of it by modifing com.apple.Boot

here you can find drivers for your Dell

thanx

i'm able to install but after restarting it stuck at

BSD process name corresponding to current thread:unknown

Mac OS version:

Not yetr set

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0: Mon OCt 12 04:06:05 AST 2009; anappirtrvh:xnu-1456.1226/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

Systemuptime in nanoseconds : 3052524313

thanx

i'm able to install but after restarting it stuck at

BSD process name corresponding to current thread:unknown

Mac OS version:

Not yetr set

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0: Mon OCt 12 04:06:05 AST 2009; anappirtrvh:xnu-1456.1226/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

Systemuptime in nanoseconds : 3052524313

what system (laptop specs) do you have ? just interested to know

is it the i5 or i3 version and with ATI 4330 or Intel GMA card ?

Hi

I managed to install iDeneb v1.6 Leopard 10.5.8 on my inspiron 1564, here is the link :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=213405

Congratz :)

post-587268-1269343773_thumb.jpg

I've the same system but with Ideneb 10.5.8, after this screen, system reboot ;)

post-587268-1269343921_thumb.jpg

and with Snow Leopard Universal 10.6 the system stuck at this problem :)

i get the same kernel panic on an hp g62 with i3 330m, 4gb ram, intel graphicsm using tonymac [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd.