TeamViewer not working on 10.6.2

Ender Wiggin

30 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I recently installed 10.6.2 on my PC using the retail version + myHack RC5. Everything works great except TeamViewer which refuses to connect to it's servers and thus it's unusable with any computer outside the home network.

A very polite email to TeamViewer support was answered with a "Buzz off, you don't have an original Mac!" email.

So can anybody here help solving this problem. Anybody run into it and found a way around it?

Hello all,

I recently installed 10.6.2 on my PC using the retail version + myHack RC5. Everything works great except TeamViewer which refuses to connect to it's servers and thus it's unusable with any computer outside the home network.

A very polite email to TeamViewer support was answered with a "Buzz off, you don't have an original Mac!" email.

So can anybody here help solving this problem. Anybody run into it and found a way around it?

I would Reply Email them back and say F* YOU!

• 2 weeks later...

I solved this problem... Also me had te problem: "Access to the teamviewer server has been denied". To solve this annoying problem, I've installed the last Chameleon, and placed smbios.plist in the Folder Extra .. Remember to change the SMserial string into the smbios file with a random one!!!

sorry for my bad english, but if you need an help I can help you

also TW here does not run when I am logged in as root (yeah yeah I know I should not be running a remote software anyhow logged in as root ..). Logging in as standard user but with admin rights (dunno if that makes a diff) TW runs just fine. Same machine with same SMBIOS.plist in Extra.

I solved this problem... Also me had te problem: "Access to the teamviewer server has been denied". To solve this annoying problem, I've installed the last Chameleon, and placed smbios.plist in the Folder Extra .. Remember to change the SMserial string into the smbios file with a random one!!!

sorry for my bad english, but if you need an help I can help you

Hello can you help me ?

same problem here.. can you tell me how to edit your smbios.plist and what you mean by random one.. do you mean a random number or a fake teamviewer serial number ?

Thanks

How about faking serial number?
well just look into the smbios.plist Hermann88 provided and copy/paste the serial into yours, then you do not have to figure it out by yourself, that's what he provided it for .. :D

I dare say we are talking about this key here, right?

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>W88033FKY51</string>

and not

<key>SMmemserial</key>

<string>100000000</string>

• 2 weeks later...

I placed the smbios.plist on my Extra folder and still have the same error.

I also changed the serial.

Anyone willing to add a more detailed explanation on how to get this done?

Appreaciate your help in advanced!

I placed the smbios.plist on my Extra folder and still have the same error.

I also changed the serial.

Anyone willing to add a more detailed explanation on how to get this done?

Appreaciate your help in advanced!

I tried a different smbios.plist and works like a charm now.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I am glad it is working for you guys!

I'm still pretty new here, and I can't seem to find any "Extra" folder. I searched the whole computer. Did you create this folder somewhere? I've download the plist files, but I'm not sure which step to take at this point. Do I overwrite my plist file with this one, or simply use it as a reference for changing the serial on my computer? So are their two locations for this plist?

• 1 month later...
I'm still pretty new here, and I can't seem to find any "Extra" folder. I searched the whole computer. Did you create this folder somewhere? I've download the plist files, but I'm not sure which step to take at this point. Do I overwrite my plist file with this one, or simply use it as a reference for changing the serial on my computer? So are their two locations for this plist?

I am having the same problem I can't seem to find the "Extras" folder or whatever you guys are talking about.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello,

On my system (10.6.6 by Hazard) there is no /Extra/SMBIOS.plist. I solved the problem using SMBIOSResolver.kext:

1. Edit /System/Library/Extensions/SMBIOSResolver.kext/Contents/Info.plist

2. Run Kext Utility

3. Reboot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...