GMA4500 Solved Native Resolution!

djhansel

107 posts in this topic

Hi,

I don't quite understand what U mean...purple screen with some stripes, the letters are illegible and the display driver is recognised as X3100.

Preferences - Display - Color - ?? (Open Profile) Calibrate or something else?

Regards,

post a screenshot so I can better help you :unsure:

i had the purple colours issue when I enebled 3100 drivers, but setting colour scheme to RGB it is now good.. you can even calibrate if you want to, but default profiles are good.. (for me at least)

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5418/picture1tfj.png

I hope its good, because i cant see exactly what am i writing

I used Tienneke file patch4500-2.bash

Greetings,

is this leo or snow??

I used in the past a script like that, maybe the same.. it destroyed my boot.. I prefer using simple modified kext.. if it load you're up and running... no deformations at all, it simply gives you default 1024x768 if fails..

however in your image there is no problem.. you have not software visualization problem, but monitor related issue.. use a kext  :)

It's leo iatkos v7 (10.5.7)

So if i understand correctly I need a kext for the monitor?

Which means that the display kext is good, because if i open this picture on some other computer it's ok.

I'm confused...is there kext for monitors or I have to make some modifications to an existing kext with some app?

Thanks for your help! I thought that the display kext is wrong, not the monitor.

• 1 month later...

I got my installation to work and i got the right resolution but audio doesn't work, is there a fix for this?

Model Identifier: Inspiron 1545

Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 1 MB

Memory: 3 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

This worked beautifully, I have my 1366 x 768 res, although I didn't have to put in the dstl.aml

Haven't tried games or movies, but Logic Pro 9 runs and I'm happy:D

I still don't know how to get into Root though, total newb :robot:

Has anyone been able to get this working on an ASUS UL30VT in Leopard (10.5.8)? I keep getting this fuzzy brown/grey screen after installing the kext files from the original post. Driving me insane!

I'm thinking it's probably due to the competiting dual video chips (intel 4500 vs nvidia 2100) on this laptop.

I didn't have these problems using my ASUS UL30A (which only has a single intel 4500 chip).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Going to reply to my own post, as I figured out a way to get native 1366x768 resolution on my UL30VT -- a few minutes after posting my desperate plea. How typical!

Used Deviato's modified "boot" file (simply replaced my existing /boot) and used the kext files that have been giving me such grief; worked out. Wow...

Forget about Flash animation or anything more than Youtube videos, I suppose. Also installed only iLife08 as I've read that iLife09 runs into problems. Also sucks that some screensavers won't work. Ah well...

Thanks. :unsure:

Here's a fix for the GMA4500, its been out there in different threats but here is what i used in my inspiron 1545 with GMA4500 dev id: 2A42.

Try it and let me know if it works. :)

Now for CI/QE is there any way to start developing a driver for this card since apple is not intending to use it in the future. I don't have any experience making drivers, but if somebody that has a little knowledge on the subject points me in the right direction I'm going to try to get it done...

There's a lot of laptops that use this card and it would be nice to have CI/QE on them.

I almost forgot.... :rolleyes:

Use the kexthelper to install the kext files and put the DSDT.aml on the root of your drive. reboot with -f flag, and you should have native resolution without any artifacts..

"...and put the DSDT.aml on the root of your drive"

How do you do that? (Sorry, Im a beginner)

Copy/Paste

If doesn`t work, delete old DSDT.aml and then Copy/Paste

It' doesn't work for me. Tells me "can't paste because the file is invisible"

How can I resolve that?

Thanks in advance

Or in Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

And then:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder

to hide your files gain.

Hello, after i installed correctly the kext and placed the dsdt.aml at reboot i got KP

booted with -v -f cpus=1

tryed also with 32 bit and busratio =20

i have a Hp TM2 1090eg that has also an ATI Radeon 4550 HD.......

any know why i got the KP? dependencies are IOACPIfamily and IOPCI family.. maybe i have to edit the dsdt aml? in wich way?

thanks

Here's a fix for the GMA4500, its been out there in different threats but here is what i used in my inspiron 1545 with GMA4500 dev id: 2A42.

Try it and let me know if it works. :moil:

Now for CI/QE is there any way to start developing a driver for this card since apple is not intending to use it in the future. I don't have any experience making drivers, but if somebody that has a little knowledge on the subject points me in the right direction I'm going to try to get it done...

There's a lot of laptops that use this card and it would be nice to have CI/QE on them.

I almost forgot.... :superman:

Use the kexthelper to install the kext files and put the DSDT.aml on the root of your drive. reboot with -f flag, and you should have native resolution without any artifacts..

is there any available kexts or fix for GMA4500 dev ID 2e32...

Hi Guys

After i use The imax.1974 boot file i can use the native resolution

But I got kernel panic

Because vodoohda and vodooPower stop Working i think (-v give message error for this, i don´t now if anything else stop working)

When a boot with -x i can boot

Can someone help-me to fix that?

Sorry for my english

Thanks Guys

hi guys, im a kinda noob and i have been following the guide from here http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/ch...-gma-version-2/ to see if i can get native 13xx by 7xx resolution on my lenovo ideapad u550 with intel gma 4500. problem is i have no idea what to do based on the information on the page guide. i dont understand how to go about what they are saying to do so i was wondering if someone could break it down for me nice and simple so that i can try the method mentioned. i am sure many people will benefit from a straightforward, simple noob guide for doing this.... thanks in advance

I tried this fix on 10.6.3, I now have native graphics but my mouse doesn't show up.

The -cursor icon- shows up at the top left, but does not move with the mouse movement. I can see that the mouse is -working- because it highlights icons and clicks menu buttons correctly. Does anybody else have this problem?

I tried this fix on 10.6.3, I now have native graphics but my mouse doesn't show up.

The -cursor icon- shows up at the top left, but does not move with the mouse movement. I can see that the mouse is -working- because it highlights icons and clicks menu buttons correctly. Does anybody else have this problem?

same as you. I reformat all and i stay in 10.6.0 because of this bug