Vanilla Install on MSI Wind

238 posts in this topic

<edit>Nevermind, I found I could use your dsdt straight up on my wind and everything works perfectly. Not sure why mine was missing the LAN0 entry, and when I tried to insert only the LAN0 entry I got 50+ compile errors throughout my whole dsdt.</edit>

Dalton indeed with the modified chameleon installer it goes one step easier but you forgot to mention about the UUID.kext and error 35

In brief:

On the attached vanilla.zip file in the first post

look for UUID.kext then right click and choose show package content and go to the content folder

edit with textedit the info.plist file

find the 002185E6B266 string and replace it with your own mac adress, you can find it in system profiler under ethernet. Enter it without dashes or spaces. save and update your EFI.

Can anyone comment on this post? No one picked on it and I'm trying to see if it makes sense to me= ;)

What part are you having a problem with?

If you follow whats said exactly, it will work.

Go into your Vanilla folder, in EFIKexts and edit the plist of UUID.kext and replace 002185E6B266 with your ethernet mac addy, then run update.sh.

After reboot, you can verify it took your change by looking in system profiler hardware overview, you'll see the uuid listed.

Ok, now I have a Wind running Snow, and it's great and easy. Thanks everyone who made that possible.

One question though: sleep works fine, and I patched my DSDT to enable lid-sleep. But when the battery dies, the Wind doesn't go to sleep which is a shame since Hibernate now works. Any clues?

Hi, does anyone have side scrolling on a sentelic pad yet? I have a synaptics in my Medion but got an MSI wind yesterday with a sentelic and miss side scroll!

Saw some old cybergreg drivers but they were in a package, prefer to keep everything in the Vanilla folder and do ./update.sh if anyone has a solution?

Thanks!

Hi, does anyone have side scrolling on a sentelic pad yet? I have a synaptics in my Medion but got an MSI wind yesterday with a sentelic and miss side scroll!

Saw some old cybergreg drivers but they were in a package, prefer to keep everything in the Vanilla folder and do ./update.sh if anyone has a solution?

Thanks!

May I ask how you get side scrolling on a synaptics pad?

I want this function but i dont know how to set :(

May I ask how you get side scrolling on a synaptics pad?

I want this function but i dont know how to set :P

Put the Voodoops3controller and voodoops2trackpad kext in the EFIkext folder, move appleacpip2nub and appleps2controller out of it, run ./update.sh, restart and install the voodoo pref pane.

Anyone with any help for sentelic is much appreciated! :)

Put the Voodoops3controller and voodoops2trackpad kext in the EFIkext folder, move appleacpip2nub and appleps2controller out of it, run ./update.sh, restart and install the voodoo pref pane.

I did that before reading it, and it works great btw. It also helps with the non-US keyboards: the "<" key to the right of the Shift key works!

Oh and I fixed my sleep problem thanks to another thread: just needed to enable "boot after power failure" in the Energy saver prefpane!

Hi I am newbie for this method installation.

Now I have 10.5.6 in my msiwind u100.

My question is in step 2 " mount the snow ISO"

How can I get the "snow ISO" ? It is in DVD retail version ? or snowywindosxalpha ? or ?

and how can I mount it ?

-------------------------------

referred to step 2: below :

2. In Disk Utility Click on the Restore tab. Set the unnamed partition as the Destination. Mount the Snow ISO, and on the left column right click the mounted Snow image and click "Set as Source". Now click restore and wait for it to finish.

Also this method of installation is working more than snowywindalpha ?

I mean mic, wifi, webcam, sleep

Please let me know

Thanks for the instructions -- after a few typos (had to figure out what to do instead of the tilde character "~", might want to update instructions to cd to /Users/username/Downloads/..) and back-tracking, I'm up and running on a MSI Wind U100 with Snow Leopard. The close-cover-to-sleep instructions worked as well. Still trying to figure out the side-scrolling for the trackpad, but I almost don't want to push my luck (audio in AND out, along with webcam, are working to my pleasant surprise).

I did have to go and google to find the Realtek 8187 wireless drivers to let me use the standard-issue WiFi card in my Wind -- something like RTL8187SE, and made sure it was the 10.5 and not 10.4 drivers. Still have to make do with the Realtek WLAN Client Utility instead of a seamless drop-down in the menu bar, but hey, not bad.

I would imagine it would work with a DVD drive as the contents of the install DVD are unmodified, most likely depends if Chameleon can see the drive.

EDIT - Not sure if you can set up the Chameleon EFI without a Mac to start with! Can do even do that bit on a PC?

Really keen to get the Sentelic pad side scrolling if anyone has any ideas how to get this running via EFI rather than the old Cybergreg packages? :( Got it dual booting with Win 7 via Chameleon as well now, going nicely.

You say you set up a 130gb HFS+ partition, a 30gb FAT distribution, then installed XP in the 30gb partitiion (changing it to NTFS in the process), and then went back to Dalton's Vanilla + EFI install as posted here.

Now, that procedure involves making a small 200 Mb EFI partition and an HFS+ partition.

I am curious, did you repartition the 130gb partition mentioned above at that point? Is there any reason not to set up the EFI partition when your first partition the disk so that it would look like this

EFI

HFS+

FAT (changes to NTFS during XP install)

thanks

JH

Really keen to get the Sentelic pad side scrolling if anyone has any ideas how to get this running via EFI rather than the old Cybergreg packages? ;) Got it dual booting with Win 7 via Chameleon as well now, going nicely.

I did nothing besides enabling pad click in the preference pane and both horizontal and vertical scroll are working without installing anything more than the basic install guide. I'm pretty sure I have the Sentelic, I remember checking on it before.

I did nothing besides enabling pad click in the preference pane and both horizontal and vertical scroll are working without installing anything more than the basic install guide. I'm pretty sure I have the Sentelic, I remember checking on it before.

Thanks - did you have to install the Voodoo prefs pane? I did try that to start with but got errors as I don't have a synaptics?

Thanks - did you have to install the Voodoo prefs pane? I did try that to start with but got errors as I don't have a synaptics?

Worth pointing out that whenever I try putting the VoodooPS2 and Voodootrackpad drivers in the trackpad borks out whenever I touch it and goes straight to the bottom left corner of the screen and gets stuck... any ideas?

To make some things clear:

Mount the Snow ISO, and on the left column right click the mounted Snow image and click "Set as Source".
: have i to use the SnowyWind.iso or a retail DVD image?

This should only be performed on a fresh retail install on a GUID partition scheme with no bootloader installed.
: can i use the "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages" method from the retail DVD, or have i to use the SnowyWind.iso?

Thanks!,

Ton

Worth pointing out that whenever I try putting the VoodooPS2 and Voodootrackpad drivers in the trackpad borks out whenever I touch it and goes straight to the bottom left corner of the screen and gets stuck... any ideas?

Anyone? Followed the guide 100%, just want to get Sentelic working with side scroll! :)

Hi winders.

I've used this guide when msiwindforum was up to install osx 10.6 and windows 7 in dual boot.

Everything was good but touchpad(sentelic), just corner scroll...

Readin' this rev version I found sentelic driver with sidescroll and it works!!!

Btw now my touchpad is dead in windows 7.

Any idea about this?

Thanks all.

Hi winders.

I've used this guide when msiwindforum was up to install osx 10.6 and windows 7 in dual boot.

Everything was good but touchpad(sentelic), just corner scroll...

Readin' this rev version I found sentelic driver with sidescroll and it works!!!

Btw now my touchpad is dead in windows 7.

Any idea about this?

Thanks all.

Please can you let me know how to get the sentelic sidescroll driver working on OSX?

My touchpad was dead in Win 7 (apparently due to EFI booting so I've read), I had to download a folder called FSP_8332_ALL_WHQL.rar to get the driver for it (you can google the filename). Pad then worked in Win7!

Please can you let me know how to get the sentelic sidescroll driver working on OSX?

My touchpad was dead in Win 7 (apparently due to EFI booting so I've read), I had to download a folder called FSP_8332_ALL_WHQL.rar to get the driver for it (you can google the filename). Pad then worked in Win7!

I solved switching on/off the trackpad while windows was bootin'.

To got side scroll for sentelic on Snow Leopard remove your old ps2 kext(s) and replace it/them with this.

(If still not workin' try adjust randome settings in : System pref-Touchpad)

sentelicSIDEscroll10.6.zip