ATI HD framebuffer driver (10.5/10.6) with source code

dong

900 posts in this topic

I didn't manage to run rhd_conntest cause of a lack of package or anything I dunno, but, searching around a way to run this util tool I found the rhd_conntest report from someone with exactly the same laptop and the same grapgic card

here it is :

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freede...s.radeonhd/4152

One week, you work fast dong :wacko:

I would spend at least one year to learn how to do that :D

I found the rhd_conntest report from someone with exactly the same laptop and the same grapgic card

here it is :http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freede...s.radeonhd/4152

I saw there is already a connector table listed in the xorg log. I simply added it to the quirk table and recompiled. You may test to see what will happen.

Here it is: RadeonHD.kext.10.5M82.zip

Well, I cant believe it, but it works. I am not sure if the hardware acceleration stuff works because I dont remember how to check it, but I can now change my resolution. Just friggin AWESOME!!

I am running it without ATIRadeonX2000.kext installed because it used to really mess things up.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Dell Studio 1737

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3640

I saw there is already a connector table listed in the xorg log. I simply added it to the quirk table and recompiled. You may test to see what will happen.

Here it is: RadeonHD.kext.10.5M82.zip

Things are better now but not perfect... i have access to the board now but still stuck to 1024x768, there is not more choice in pref syst /display but the screen is not streched anymore, there is a big black stripe ont the right side of the screen

I tried to add Edid in plist and vhange Graphic Mode in boot plist without luck

Here is the log

RadeonHDM82Log.rtf

Thx very much Dong

Wow!

Dong, I am impressed!

After years of running my machine on 1024x768(and trying absolutely everything, and I mean *EVERYTHING*, to get it working at native resolution), I can finally use it in native resolution, 1280x800.

I just installed your 10.5 kext, and without any modification or edid or anything it worked "out of the box" on first try.

Thank you so much for your work and effort. :(

Ztardust

Things are better now but not perfect... i have access to the board now but still stuck to 1024x768, there is not more choice in pref syst /display but the screen is not streched anymore, there is a big black stripe ont the right side of the screen

I tried to add Edid in plist and vhange Graphic Mode in boot plist without luck

Here is the log

RadeonHDM82Log.rtf

Thx very much Dong

The log shows all problem are caused by "rhdMonitorValid failed". You can test below versions, one ignores this step, another debug one does not ignore but add log to see what causes the failure.

ignore one: RadeonHD.kext.M82.zip

debug one: RadeonHD.kext.M82Debug.zip

Hello,

I've also failed to make linux radeonhd to run… and to get a xorg log.

However I've looked into my bios and other xorg.log from other cards (since I couldn't find one for mine) and I think the connector table should look like that :

(II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[0] {RHD_CONNECTOR_DVI, "DVI_I CRT1", RHD_DDC_0, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_DACA, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
(II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[1] {RHD_CONNECTOR_PANEL, "LVDS LCD1", RHD_DDC_2, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_KLDSKP_LVTMA, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
(II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[2] {RHD_CONNECTOR_TV, "SVIDEO DFP1", RHD_DDC_NONE, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_DACB, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
(II) RADEONHD(0): Connecter[3] {RHD_CONNECTOR_DVI, "DVI_I DFP1", RHD_DDC_1, RHD_HPD_0, { RHD_OUPUT_TMDSA, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }

The only thing I'm not sure is the RHD_DDC_x values, I took these from an M54 log, they are the same on an M66 (I have M68).

On some other logs, LCD has RHD_DDC_0, that's why I'm not convinced.

I hope you'll be able to do something out of that !

Hello,

(II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[0] {RHD_CONNECTOR_DVI, "DVI_I CRT1", RHD_DDC_0, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_DACA, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
(II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[1] {RHD_CONNECTOR_PANEL, "LVDS LCD1", RHD_DDC_2, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_KLDSKP_LVTMA, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
(II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[2] {RHD_CONNECTOR_TV, "SVIDEO DFP1", RHD_DDC_NONE, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_DACB, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
(II) RADEONHD(0): Connecter[3] {RHD_CONNECTOR_DVI, "DVI_I DFP1", RHD_DDC_1, RHD_HPD_0, { RHD_OUPUT_TMDSA, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }

I added it to source and please test this one: RadeonHD.kext.M68.zip

Sorry, it didn't work.

First I tried without debug mode and got a black screen and system hang. Then I turned debugMode on and got a scrambled display.

Here is the log : LeBidou_X1900_Log.txt

Unfortunately, it seems incomplete

Maybe connector[0] (DVI) has DDC_2 and connector[1] (LCD) has DDC_0… I guess the only way to know is to test…

Nice...

For QE/CI try to add your card ID in ATIRadeonX2000.kext's plist

Tried ATIRadeonX2000.kext from desktop HD2600 package and after changing devid I get garbage screen :) ,laptop itself is working.

Got the same with original ATIRadeonX2000.kext where my device ID was in the list already

It wasn't it! Exactly the same result :

I attached the log but it is the same except it uses i2c line 0 instead of i2c line 2 as expected.

LeBidou_X1900_Log.txt

I can't figure out the reason for messed VESA mode yet. For mode setting, the i2c may not be so important since the native mode is already detected. There could be some problem happened during mode setting. Your signature says ATILead is working for this card. What does that mean? Maybe we can get some info there.

I can't figure out the reason for messed VESA mode yet. For mode setting, the i2c may not be so important since the native mode is already detected. There could be some problem happened during mode setting. Your signature says ATILead is working for this card. What does that mean? Maybe we can get some info there.

I use ATILead because my chip compatible with Tiger's old ATINDRV.kext (10.4.7, any newer version wouldn't detect the LCD panel). But I don't use it when testing your driver.

This is the Info.plist I use: Info.plist.txt

I had to get that weird card no-one else has ever tested elsewhere…

Hi Dong

Tried the new kext for 14/10/09. get Different Resolution options in system pref but when switching resolution, screen goes blank. Looks like i loose backlight as system is still running. Have attached kernal log. Maybe you can make the kext with backlight option.

Also, with ATIRadeonX2000.kext installed, I noticed this:

Oct 14 15:18:09 y-Mac kernel[0]: set_display_mode_and_vram failed.

Maybe this is reason why I get a white screen. Any Ideas?

Thanks

Also, EVOenabler can be used with RadeonHD if you edit info.plist and remove all entries with @0, @1 and entries injecting the vanilla buffer i.e ATY,Megalodon etc. Have managed to inject my ATI bin image, this shows up in ioregistry under VGA.

Maybe this is helpful

radeonhd14_10.txt

radeonhdx2000.rtf