ATI HD framebuffer driver (10.5/10.6) with source code

dong

900 posts in this topic

Good afternoon, help me please I have test the Radeon HD .ktext for my ATI HD 4530 the ktext load and resolution are display in setup but wenn I change resolution there is one dark sreen. What I can have the EDID for my card to make it work.

Thanks thebestnono

For personne speak french because my translate is maybe bad :

Bonjour, aider moi svp, j'ai testé le radeon HD .ktext sur une ATI HD 4530 le ktext se charge, les résolution son affichés dans le panneau de préférence mais dès que change la résolution il y a un écran noir. Comment obtenir le EDID pour pouvoir la faire fonctionner

Cordialement thebestnono

Good afternoon, help me please I have test the Radeon HD .ktext for my ATI HD 4530 the ktext load and resolution are display in setup but wenn I change resolution there is one dark sreen. What I can have the EDID for my card to make it work.

Thanks thebestnono

For personne speak french because my translate is maybe bad :

Bonjour, aider moi svp, j'ai testé le radeon HD .ktext sur une ATI HD 4530 le ktext se charge, les résolution son affichés dans le panneau de préférence mais dès que change la résolution il y a un écran noir. Comment obtenir le EDID pour pouvoir la faire fonctionner

Cordialement thebestnono

If resolutions are displayed, so EDID is already obtained by the driver. The driver is still a work in progress.

Greetings.

En Français (French): Si les résolutions s'affichent dans les Préférences Système, c'est que le driver a obtenu l'EDID. Le driver est toujours en développement, il peut y avoir un bug.

Salutations.

re

j'ai testé

RadeonHD.kext.10.6withBL.zip écran noir et RadeonHD.kext.10.6noBL.zip écran noir aussi

quel code faut 'il modifié pour que cela marche ?

Re

I tested

Black screen RadeonHD.kext.10.6withBL.zip and RadeonHD.kext.10.6noBL.zip black screen also

what code should be ' he amended to make this work?

Thank you

I tested

Black screen RadeonHD.kext.10.6withBL.zip and RadeonHD.kext.10.6noBL.zip black screen also

what code should be ' he amended to make this work?

any logs in kernel.log? Please post it here.

10.6 driver working for Sony Vaio Cr11-z /R with Ati mobility X2300 (x1450).

Ci/Qe adding hardcoded ID into AtiRadeonx1000.kext

There is still mouse artifacts, i do use mouse locator to clean them.

Need to boot with -f to avoid kernel panic.

The code may have some problem with memory allocating and freeing, but hard to figure out.

Currently I still don't know what causes the mouse tearing when QE/CI is enabled. I have this problem myself.

yes! worked for my mobility 3650, now to play around with getting the qe/ci working.

some people had success with a mobility 3650 on a toshiba because the display connector was different from what every other manufacturer uses, and that connector was supported by the framebuffer. Am im i correct to hypothesize that with this framebuffer as long as i get atiradeonx2000.kext to load correctly and use this framebuffer kext it should theoretically work?

GREAT work dong!

Sony VAIO with HD 3400 works just fine, resolution change etc, atom bios in VESA mode. Just great!! I am running ubuntu on it, now again there is hope for OSX. I booted SL from usb hdd.

I wanted to try QE/CI, was too eager ;-) but immediate KP upon X2000.kext was loaded (with inserted ID).

Keep up the great work bud !!!

Am im i correct to hypothesize that with this framebuffer as long as i get atiradeonx2000.kext to load correctly and use this framebuffer kext it should theoretically work?
I wanted to try QE/CI, was too eager ;-) but immediate KP upon X2000.kext was loaded (with inserted ID).

RadeonHD currently works the same way as IONDRVSupport, thus it will not help much if QE/CI previously not work in VESA mode.

Awesome!! Finally found something that works on my Lenovo t60p with 10.6.

I am however having another issue and I don't know if it's related but it does deal with graphics. Basically I can't capture any screenshots either using the Shift+CMD+4 (it seems to work but nothing is saved to the desktop) or Grab (it takes a shot but it is blank). I also can't create a slideshow in iPhoto.

I found that Backlight tuning for DIG output is not commented out previously, that could be your problem. Here are versions with or without BL, give them a try.

Hi Dong

Tried the two kexts for 10.6 32bit. No luck.

10.6 with BL system boots okay, loose backlight for 1 sec, backlight then comes on for a second and then permanatly off. System running okay but screen is blank. Kernal log attached

10.6 with no BL, system just freezes before launching Desktop. No effect on backligh. Kernal log has no entries for RadeonHD possibly indicating Kext loading causes system to fail. System does not crash as there is no crash report.

Radeonhdwithbl.txt

Bonsoir

Super Merci Beaucoup Marche avec mon ati hd 4530 résolution ok; il ne reste qu'a résoudre le problème de l'accélération QE/CI

cordialement

the best nono

Good evening

Super thanks many March with my ati hd 4530 resolution ok; it remains as a problem of acceleration EQ/CI

Kind regards

the best nono

Hi

Its amazing to say that there is progress with the Ati cards,

I have a HP6910p laptop with ATI X2300 vendor 1002 deid 7188 and try to use it on Leopard

Is there any chance that your kext works with my card? This is not a HD compatible card as far as I know

Balint

Hello,

After a one day struggle I finally have a functional Ubuntu install with radeonhd working (without acceleration for now).

So here is an Xorg log that may help you finding what's wrong with modestting:

0x7284_0x1734_0x10ac.Xorg.0.log.txt

I hope it'll help.

The connector table is different from the previous one. I replaced it and here is the kext: RadeonHD.kext.10.5.zip

I added an option "enableBacklight" in Info.plist and default to on.