Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
riws007

Should I swap my MBP for MB

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

About a week back I got a 15.4" MBP which is a 'bit' problematic with heat/whine but 'tolerable'

Temperature does not cross 60 C and whine can be heard only if I place my ear to the keyboard.

However I am seriously tempted with the black MBP and have received an offer from a friend who would like to buy my MBP less 10% ; with this money I could get a Black MB and max out with 120 GB HDD and another GB of RAM

Do you think I should go ahead ? I am checking the forums and people are having problems with MacBooks as well,so should I just use this for a year and then go for Rev B/C/D MacBook.

To begin with I had been waiting for the MacBook which was perfect for my needs but went in for the MBP after I got tired waiting.

Hi,

About a week back I got a 15.4" MBP which is a 'bit' problematic with heat/whine but 'tolerable'

Temperature does not cross 60 C and whine can be heard only if I place my ear to the keyboard.

However I am seriously tempted with the black MBP and have received an offer from a friend who would like to buy my MBP less 10% ; with this money I could get a Black MB and max out with 120 GB HDD and another GB of RAM

Do you think I should go ahead ? I am checking the forums and people are having problems with MacBooks as well,so should I just use this for a year and then go for Rev B/C/D MacBook.

To begin with I had been waiting for the MacBook which was perfect for my needs but went in for the MBP after I got tired waiting.

my only qualm with the mb is the crappy video card. if they replaced it with an x1400 or 7400 go and had the option to upgrade to a 7600 go or x1600, id get a macbook.. i dont care about having a inch thin aluminum chassis, i care more about performance and if an mb can beat an mbp when the mbp has a faster clock, thats disgraceful.

my only qualm with the mb is the crappy video card. if they replaced it with an x1400 or 7400 go and had the option to upgrade to a 7600 go or x1600, id get a macbook..

There is nearly no need for the GFX to be better if you dont want games tho. Im in that boat. I dont want games, just some XP apps (VS 2005 etc)

MacBook is OK for the people who want a mobile coding box :thumbsdown_anim:

This proves it :poster_oops:

If you can wait 3-4 months for next major revision (with merom), I would. If not, go with the MacBook. It'll probably be able to do everything you need.

Im worried my MB will be obsolete when memron hits. Bit gutting to think that a Mac can be killed off in a matter of months.

Oh well, im sure it will do me for at least a year.

There is nearly no need for the GFX to be better if you dont want games tho. Im in that boat. I dont want games, just some XP apps (VS 2005 etc)

MacBook is OK for the people who want a mobile coding box :)

This proves it :D

that is true, the gma can even run vista ultimate with full aero glass.. i am a casual gamer and i do use some 3d intensive apps once in a while so a better gfx card is a must for me.