Snow Leopard on Bad Axe 2

MacGuy42

231 posts in this topic

The first minutes my ethernet connection works without problems, but the some minutes after, he cannot get a IP from my Router. Why?

I'm having the same problem, I've tried with different versions of IONetworkingFamily.kext and all gives me the same result. I have internet as long as I don't open 2 pages at the same time or try to copy a big file from my server. If I do that, Network hangs. If I do a ping after hanging I get:

request time out for icmp_seq

and the only way to restore network is rebooting.

Any idea how to fix this?

The network properties says 82573L and he device ID 109A.

Thanks in advance

boltown.

I'm having the same problem, I've tried with different versions of IONetworkingFamily.kext and all gives me the same result. I have internet as long as I don't open 2 pages at the same time or try to copy a big file from my server. If I do that, Network hangs. If I do a ping after hanging I get:
request time out for icmp_seq

and the only way to restore network is rebooting.

Any idea how to fix this?

The network properties says 82573L and he device ID 109A.

Thanks in advance

boltown.

Retail install? You don't need any special networking kext on this board, just a string in com.apple.boot.plist to fix the time machine error.

• 1 month later...

After trying all sorts of things and after much wailing and gnashing of teeth I've finally got SL 10.6.3 Retail working with Chameleon RC5 on my Bad Axe 2 :thumbsup_anim:

In the end it was stupidly easy (So far).......I have yet to get sound, sleep, graphics card recognised though but that's probably because the only kext in my /Extra folder at the moment is fakesmc.

I'll edit the post later on with a bit more detail, it's a little after 12 in the am and I have work tomorrow so I'm off to bed.

1. Boot into your working Leopard format the disk you want to install SL onto as GUID

2. Chuck in your retail SL disk (or mount and imaged) and run OSinstall.mpkg "Command-Shift-G" in SL disk root directory enter path "System/Installation/Packages". I ran into an error with the printer drivers and the install would fail so uncheck if necessary.

3. Once the install has finished run the Chameleon RC5 installer found here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search?q=Chameleon+RC5. Rekursors Pre-Release 6

4. Run DSDT Patcher and generate a dsdt.aml file (with HPET if you've enabled it in BIOS I have) . The one I'm using at the moment has not been altered at all.

4. Create an Extra folder in the root directory of your install and add your DSDT file. I tried booting at this stage but I end up with waiting for dsmos at boot. To stop this create an extensions folder and chuck in fakesmc.kext. I used Timewises from earlier on in the thread.

5. Thats it. Restart and select the Volume you installed SL on I booted first up with -v -f.

6. Because you installed SL from your Leopard boot the permissions will be borked. Chuck in your SL retail DVD and go back to the root directory and "Command-Shift-G" System/Installation/Packages and run the BSD.pkg.

7. Once that is complete open Disk Utility and repair permissions.

I have no Extensions.mkext in my extra folder and I didn't need to use Terminal at all. I have not altered the permissions on my Extra folder.

Now to get everything else working.

• 2 months later...