Solution for random Kernel Panics at Snow!

zikman

12 posts in this topic

I have been messing around with Snow Kitty the whole weekend...

I managed to get up and running without Kernel Panics in Snow...

How???

JUST DONT INSTALL THE LATEST CHAMELEON! This is the cause of all random Kernel panics....

Instead use the classic Chameleon v1.0 (bootloader.dmg) and replace the boot file....as many guides mention...

And something else!

Never boot with -f flag....

Hope that helps someone...

I was in front of my computer 2 days in order to solve the random kernel panics problems....he he :)

I have been messing around with Snow Kitty the whole weekend...

I managed to get up and running without Kernel Panics in Snow...

How???

JUST DONT INSTALL THE LATEST CHAMELEON! This is the cause of all random Kernel panics....

Instead use the classic Chameleon (bootloader.dmg) and replace the boot file....as many guides mention...

And something else!

Never boot with -f flag....

Hope that helps someone...

I was in front of my computer 2 days in order to solve the random kernel panics problems....he he :)

That was my problem to.

Use Chameleon 1, with a special boot.:

http://sacleocheater.hostoi.com/Utils/Bootloader2.dmg

If i boot with -f all goes good!

But it takes much longer.

as I get always KP`s with latest Chameleon , and have a smooth 10.5.8 with PC_Efi9/Chameleon1 I wanna try that with SL.

How do you guys manage the kexts ? aslike in 10.5 with just an extensions.mkext ( including kext) in Extra Folder ?

or just the kexts in extra/extensions.

Also , what kexts you use ?

regards

Josh

Having PC_EFI_v9 now , no KP yet !

With Chameleon RC2 I had random KP`s all the time.

So I hope having KP`s solved for now

Possibly I`m doin something wrong with Chameleon2 , as it didnt worked in 10.5 too.

So now everything is working except sleep . system is goin to sleep real fast - but mouse/keyboard seems to be unloaded after wake up.

You can fix with pc_efi_v9...

After that use kext utility for repair permission and build mkext

then, you can change boot pc_efi_v9 to another boot file...etc boot chameleon or pc_efi_v10.

Dont forget after install driver or kext file, always use kext utility to fix extension.mkext

@jinnggoff

thanks m8

I used PC_EFI_9 and throwed in the PC_EFI 10 bootfile , works great !

No more KP`s , everything working now ( exc. sleep - wake up usb issue ).

SL is sooo great !

and I`m sure I will get my sleep working soon

Edit:

ok , sleep problem solved !

It wasnt a problem though lol , I have My Snow Leo install on an ext. USB Drive right now -

And as in 10.5 it gets unmounted during sleep , so when moving SL to my internal HD Sleep might work.

No the Modbin Bootfile with RC2 does work but some kind of weird ..it takes a while spinning at the bootlogo then i get the noSmoking sign and after that it starts to load. And on Desktop the ATA drive+DVD is gone.

So back to square 1 here old 1.0.12 and the old snowboot ;(

I personally found that chameleon RC1 PC EFI 10.1 is the most stable. I get no more kernel panics. I have created an installer package that combines the two.

If anyone wants to try it, feel free but at your own risk. Also please report how it goes.

PC_EFI_10.1.zip

Thanks sikman but it work for me for a very limited time it's the mess now

Edit2: when i say this i don't make you responsible of anything i'm the one who do the mess on my system

i've made the mistake to talk like that once but no this time. i just don't explain it clearly this time. sorry

But in anyway congratulations to Apple developers it's a beautifull evolution of Leopard.

Good luck to all insanelymac gurus!

Edit: KP apparently caused by bad permissions when using kext utility so try to repair it with disk utility before reboot and for me it works now. I was so hurry that I've forgot thoses simple things.

Edit3( :( ): Thanks Dr Hurt i haven't tried yet your pkg but it works for me with it. please forgive me of "telling stories" i was sure it doesn't work for me. I may have done somthing wrong when i've tried chameleon.

I'm ashamed