104 posts in this topic

sweatyone, please tell me if this will work:

Asus P5QL/EPU

E8400 @ 3.00GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1gb

VIA VT17008S

REALTEK GIGABIT PCIE ETHERNET

thanks

Should work fine, graphics card I don't know but I hear Nvidias usually do work.

Hi,

I can t get my Lan to work on snow leopard 10.6.0 with the P5QL/EPU.

I used the supplied boot cd to install form the leopard 10.6 retail dvd.

I also used the extensions and added chameleon 2 rc3.

Everything seems to works exept lan.

Anyone can help?

Thanks !

Tomazzzi, that is quite strange as LAN works without any kext, DSDT patch or anything on my board in SL. Can you check if you have the same chip exactly (Realtek 8111C I think)? Maybe if ASUS have put another realtek chip on the board Realtek R1000 kext might fix it? Let us know what you find out.

I managed to get the lan working with the r1000 kext for snow leo from here :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...9436&st=630

I had to manualy set the speed of the card to 1000tx before it worked ( maybe the kext was t needed i set it after the r1000kext install ).

Thansk for the help ;)

ps: The chip is a 8111c

• 1 month later...

I followed all of your instructions and it installed! Which is further than I gotten before. However when I am booting up I use cpus=1 -v and I get stuck on Apple Decrypting: Starting. It just stays there

if I add -x I get stuck on something cluster.

My PC specs are.

Asus p5ql/epu

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66GHZ

Geforce ENGT220

5GB of Ram (I know odd number)

I have the bios setup for AHCI but no luck.

I believe I need to install a special kext for this situation but none were found on the DVD. Any suggestions?

Did you install Leopard (iPC) or Snow Leopard (with bootCD or through Leopard)?

Also which BIOS version are you using & what do you mean by no luck with AHCI, you couldn't set it in BIOS?

Maybe something like AppleDecrypt.kext or dsmos.kext or fakesmc.kext is the answer to that hang, not sure.

I followed all of your instructions and it installed! Which is further than I gotten before. However when I am booting up I use cpus=1 -v and I get stuck on Apple Decrypting: Starting. It just stays there

if I add -x I get stuck on something cluster.

My PC specs are.

Asus p5ql/epu

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66GHZ

Geforce ENGT220

5GB of Ram (I know odd number)

I have the bios setup for AHCI but no luck.

I believe I need to install a special kext for this situation but none were found on the DVD. Any suggestions?

Also which BIOS version are you using & what do you mean by no luck with AHCI, you couldn't set it in BIOS?

Maybe something like AppleDecrypt.kext or dsmos.kext or fakesmc.kext is the answer to that hang, not sure.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough on my last reply. I installed Leopard with iPC, I am using the original version of the MoBo. I am going to try to download another version of to see what happens.

Hi sweatyone, I am having a similar problem to NeoGio. I have successfully installed snow leopard with your boot CD (Thanks) but I cant seem to set up Chameleon properly. If I boot the installation with your boot CD it works great but it always hangs if I use Chameleon. I've still got a lot of learning here to do but I was hoping you could give some sort of guide to setting up Chameleon..... I am running an older version of the bios but not sure if upgrading will help...AHCI is set in the bios.....

Asus p5ql/epu

4 Gig RAM

GeForce 7300

Core 2 Duo 2.6

Hi sweatyone, I am having a similar problem to NeoGio. I have successfully installed snow leopard with your boot CD (Thanks) but I cant seem to set up Chameleon properly. If I boot the installation with your boot CD it works great but it always hangs if I use Chameleon. I've still got a lot of learning here to do but I was hoping you could give some sort of guide to setting up Chameleon..... I am running an older version of the bios but not sure if upgrading will help...AHCI is set in the bios.....

Asus p5ql/epu

4 Gig RAM

GeForce 7300

Core 2 Duo 2.6

Try using the installer from here Dr. Hurt Chameleon RC4 installer

After you have installed chameleon find the folder /extra/extensions (of the partition you install chameleon to) and put the extensions I uploaded at the same time as the BootCD in there, that should work fine.

BIOS 0405 (not the latest) is the only one I've used seems to work so no need to change.

@ NeoGio, just get snowleopard retail DVD if you're getting a new version, and use the BootCD from my post. SL seems to work better than Leopard on this board and its better to do a retail install if possible, makes it a lot easier to fix problems when they happen. If you are using iPC its essential its the pppf5 version (for the ACPI fix which earlier iPCs are missing), and its very picky about BIOS settings.

Try using the installer from here Dr. Hurt Chameleon RC4 installer

After you have installed chameleon find the folder /extra/extensions (of the partition you install chameleon to) and put the extensions I uploaded at the same time as the BootCD in there, that should work fine.

BIOS 0405 (not the latest) is the only one I've used seems to work so no need to change.

@ NeoGio, just get snowleopard retail DVD if you're getting a new version, and use the BootCD from my post. SL seems to work better than Leopard on this board and its better to do a retail install if possible, makes it a lot easier to fix problems when they happen. If you are using iPC its essential its the pppf5 version (for the ACPI fix which earlier iPCs are missing), and its very picky about BIOS settings.

Thanks sweatyone, I ended up getting it going with chameleon 2 RC3, The problem was a couple of things; I was using the 10.6.0 version of sleep enabler after updating to 10.6.2 and for some reason it doesn't like to boot with AHCI set in the bios but boots perfectly with it set to IDE. I have updated the bios to 04something (the latest one they had on their site), changed the disk setting back to IDE in the BIOS and and changed out the sleepenabler kext for the 10.6.2 one and now everything seems to work fine (haven't tested the audio though).

Got it to work, woot!, Now just trying to find drivers for the Gforce ENGT220.

Well done yoyo, glad to hear that BootCD worked, and I just noticed you put all sys spec up the page, doh

Install voodoohda ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=60210 ) with kextutility - this should give you working sound.

Graphics - HD4850 works for me by editing the info.plist in 4800controller.kext and booting with graphicsenabler=y in chameleon using latest PCEFI,

This won't work on all graphics cards - look here for more info http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181405

Hi Sweatyone, If I install voodooHDA do I need to remove any other kexts to get it working? I tried it last night and for some reason it buggered up my sleep and shut down.. might have been a coincidence but just thought I would ask the question....

Yes I will have a look at it. Anything in particular you want fixing on it?

If you install voodoopstate.kext and run pstatechanger, then post a picture of the pstates tab I can add the scope info so you should get vanilla speedstep - see this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181631#

I need to see the information like in this picture

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=61968

sweatyone Hello, thank you for your support, I use your offer BOOTCD, the perfect running snow leopard, and a stable upgrade to 10.6.2, but now every time you start should be guided to use this BOOT CD (I did not use the chameleon) Does the The BOOT CD which contains a number of what the driver is extracted into the chameleon can be guided inside the snow leopard! Thanks!

sweatyone and all:

I am a newbie here. I have a P5QL/EPU motherboard, a Q8800 CPU plus a ATi Radeon X1300 video card. I tried to use this bootcd. It did not boot, only give me blank with flusing cursor. I am installing with 10.6.0. I only have a dell mini running with 10.5.8. Can you help me?

Thanks!

P5QL/EPU BootCD

I made this using BootCDmaker 1.6.1 http://darwinx86.org/software/darwinx86_software.html

If you have a snow leopard install DVD this should let you install it without having to install Leopard first. As a test I burnt ISO in windows 7 and it worked.

It uses the same kexts as I'm using now, with the exception of sleepenabler.kext, I left that out because you might want to update to 10.6.2 and the 10.6.1 version I'm on isn't compatible.

The other file is my extra/extensions folder (much changed since the one I posted earlier)so that you can use that once you have installed chameleon to your harddrive or USB stick, the bootCD just uses an mkext (which would work fine but you can't alter it)

You probably need to boot with -x until you have graphics drivers fixed, I think some Nvidia cards may work with graphicsenabler=y, but I'm on ATI HD 4850 so I don't know for sure.

There is no DSDT.aml on this ISO but I discovered that snow will boot fine and recognize both cores without one, also sleep works without the _WAK fix i mentioned earlier (as long as you use sleepenabler, restart will not work after sleep) Seems we don't need DSDT with this board in 10.6 unless you want to get into vanilla speedstep etc.

P5QL_EPU_Extra_Extensions.zip

BootCD.iso.zip

hello

followed this thread to install snow leopard and did it, but with some problems.

first, one of my audio cards (UAD-1) will not work in 64 bit mode, so i boot in 32 bit (-x32) but then get to blue screen and can do nothing (i made a gfx string for my video card with osx86tools).

my other audio card (m-audio fw 410) works but only with phones out, line out doesnt.

onboard audio doesnt work, tried with voodoohda.kext, but didnt help.

also, tried to install retail leopard 10.5, but it will not boot after bootcd?

and the last thing, what i need to do after ugrading system from 10.6 to 10.6.2, cos i bricked it last time i did it?

my specs:

Asus p5ql/epu

4 Gig RAM

GeForce 9500 gt 1gb

Core 2 Duo 2.8

Lots of questions.. I don't know all the answers

Yoyovip - you need to install chameleon and then add the kexts from page 2 of this thread to /extra/extensions folder, or you can take the extensions.mkext from the bootdCD and put that in/extra folder

Youngbilly - hard to say, did you boot with -x -v ? Try that, graphics drivers might be the problem (-x is safe mode, should help that. To get the X1300 working fully I don't know if its possible) otherwise maybe BIOS settings

Vlaad & (Blacknanna)- My USB soundcard works fine, don't know why yours won't sorry. You could try booting without different kexts & see which one isn't 32 bit.

For 10.6.2 update delete sleepenabler before update and install the 10.6.2 version afterwards. Possibly something graphics related, depends.

The BootCD is only for 10.6, it would need different kexts for 10.5

There are many different VoodooHDA around, The one I linked earlier worked for me. I don't use it any more so I don't know about the latest ones, have a look at projectosx where the newest ones are, just try a few until you find one that works. You need to install it to /System/Library/Extensions and repair permissions (or use kextutility) it won't work from /extra/extensions. It worked for me without removing appleHDA.kext but you could try deleting that if it doesn't work.

sweatyone:

I tried the method you posted on page 1 in this thread using USB drive. It booted, and I tried to use -x -x32 -x64 -v, and all combinations. All end up withj kernel panic.

Then I tried to use your BootCD you posted on page 2. It never booted. I used "dd", "diskutil", and Disk Utility GUI to create the USB drive using your iso. The USB never booted. It only give me blank screen with flushing cursor.

How can I install your BootCD to USB drive and make it bootable? My 10.6.0 installer is on a USB drive.

I am a Unix sys admin. Just started play Mac. I can not even past install. :(

Here is my system: P5QL/EPU + Q8800 (Quad Core) + ATi x1300 + 4GB.

Please help!

Thanks.

As far as I know you can't install the bootcd to usb (called CD for a reason!), but you can make a usb installer yourself (as you have a working OSX), just install chameleon to usb key and add the kexts to the extra/extensions folder on it. If you have a big enough USB key then restore retail image to another partition on it (with disk utility) or to a hard drive partition. Boot that partition with chameleon from USB key and there you go.

EDIT, just got in from pub, my reading/attention span not great right now! I just noticed you said you tried something like that. Kexts are different on page 2, try those instead of the ones from page 1 maybe. Best bet maybe burn BootCD onto a CD though, seems to work from a few people. One thing is until (if ) you get graphics installed properly, you will always have to boot safe mode, -x.

sweatyone:

I created a Boot CD and still used my USB drive for installer. The CD booted, and USB drive also showed. I used -x -v to install, and used pause key to see where it caused kernel panic. It was so fast, I only managed get one line error between all the HFS load message:

efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata

Any idea what caused that?

Thanks!

Im having trouble after the installation, I get to the screen with the apple and the little loading swirl and it just sits there forever.

If i boot with -x -v it gets to this point where it says mac something structure loaded or something like that and it just stays there forever.

Any ideas?

Finally got mine fully configured and everything is working.

Here is what I have:

P5QL/EPU + Q8200 (quad core) + 500GB sata drive + nVidia 9500 GT + 4GB memory.

I did the following:

1. Updated bios to 0408 (latest from Asus). Everything was default except sata set as AHCI.

2. Downloaded Empire bootloader: http://prasys.co.cc/tag/empire-efi/, created bootable CDROM.

3. Install with -x -i32 -f arch=i386.

4. Reboot with -x.

5. Install Chameleon RC3 on the root drive from the Empire cd.

6. Updated to 10.6.2 use software updates.

7. Installed nvenabler.kext http://www.kexts.com/view/118-snow_leopard_nvenabler.html, nvdanv40hal.kext, nvdanv50hal.kext, and nvdaresman.kextand from this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t139775.html.

8. Use osx86tool created efi string (see the above thread).

9. Installed ps2 and audio driver.

Now I have a full functional Snow Leopard!

ri-ciao a tutti

Vi aggiorno sulla mia posizione:

Sono finalmente riuscito ad installare l'ipc... Mi blocco pero al punto n 4 della guida fatta da fcollingwood dove dice "After first boot (You did remember the enter cpus=1?), start the DSDT patcher. Select Force Compile, and you target disk. Ignore the error, it will install". Beh c'è nessuno che mi puo spiegare cosa devo fare precisamente? Il problema è che non riesco ad entrare nel sistema operativo xk mi dice che manca il file com.apple.boot.plist o una cosa simile.. Cm risolvo i due problemi?? Grazie a tutti