10.5.7 on an Asus P5QL/EPU

fcollingwood

104 posts in this topic

Hi all and thanks sweatyone for your help!

My config:

ASUS P5QL/EPU

INTEL Q8300

4GB kingston

Nvidia Geforce 7300

a PCI Firewire/USB board

HD SATA

DVD PATA

I load the sweetyone BootCD > insert SL Retail DVD in the PATA DVD > press F5 > ENTER

I have this errors:

1) FireWire GUID 0000000000 is invalid!

2) Still waiting for root device

I think the the problem 1) is due to the PCI Firewire/USB board installed and the problem 2 maybe is due because I'm using a SATA HD and a PATA DVD drive? Is it possible for you?

I know that someone can tell me to open the pc and extract the installed firewire board to try... but now I really can't :P and we know that this motherboard don't have the firewire onboard so which PCI board can we buy for that?

Hi all... I'm here again and I'm writing from my Snow Leopard 10.6.0.

I removed the PCI Firewire/USB board from the PC and installed the SL with the sweatyone-BootCD from a USB DVD DRIVE!

Now I'm going to install the kext because I have no Audio and no GFX acceleration, LAN is OK but only 1 CPU...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm newbie in Hackintosh world.

I have the IPC osX86 10.5.6 Universal PPF5 Final. I burn the ISO in DVD-R disc.

My motherboard is ASUS P5QL-E BIOS 1104

I have 2 SATA hard drive: 400 Gb (W7) and 300 Gb (empty), 1 DVDRW Sata and 1 DVD ATA

Graphic Card is ASUS 8400 GS Silent

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 with 4 GB DDR2

I boot with osX86 10.5.6, with cpus=1 -v -f flags and hangs on "Apple Decrypt: Starting"

Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components: use on style"h

What means this message?

I search this thread and i can't find the answer.

Someone can help me?

Thanks

• 7 months later...