[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

@ugokind

Hi again,

I've read the first post many times but I can't make my hackintosh runs. Sorry for my ignorance...

Please, could you help me?

Could you post the steps to run hackintosh on K-E?

Thank you very much!!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have trouble with speedstep/power management in Lion? I'm running stock bios w/Gaansan's DSDT and Cameleon 1266 -- system is running HOTTTT!

SL was fine

UPDATE: Speedstep is working fine -- was just me imaging higher heat

I honesty never managed to get speedstep to work at all so it's running on default 2.8GHz all the time in my case. Temps are same as on 10.6.x. Are you sure it's even related to power managament? Lion suffers a lot from "buggy" quicklookd scanning "broken" movie files. I personally noted a QTKitServer process starting once in a while using CPU time a lot causing whole system a bit unstable and hot. I solved it by removing execute rights from that file so it won't annoy me anymore.

BTW. Did anyone had any issues with mouse connected on USB? I'm using a few years old Logitech mouse and along with some OS update (around 10.6.6 i guess) my mouse simply freezes once in a while and then starts to work after 15-20 seconds leaving this in a kernel.log

Aug 21 19:42:21 atomix kernel[0]: USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse::terminate(kIOServiceSynchronous) timeout
Aug 21 19:42:21 atomix kernel[0]: USBF:	12526.404	[0xffffff800e987400] The IOUSBFamily has successfully enumerated the device.
Aug 21 19:42:21 atomix kernel[0]: 0		0 AppleUSBCDC: start - initDevice failed
Aug 21 19:42:21 atomix kernel[0]: No interval found for . Using 8000000

Already tried swithing ports and mouse as well (same issue on another one). That also never happend with other USB devices, including USB keyboard i have connected since i started playing with MacOS.

10.7.1 update doesn't seem to break anything, update went smooth here.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

anyone apply the new 10.7.2 update?

So I have applied the 10.7.2 update and now cannot get graphics working, which worked in 10.7.1, 10.7.0 and various 10.6.X releases

I have the I-E version of the mobo

using the custom bios mod

booting into single user mode and looking through the kernel.log I see the following

kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived

kernel[0]: NVDA,Display-A: Not usable

kernel[0]: NVDA,Display-B: Not usable

system boots but not graphics

I've tried swapping out the kexts I thought were updated w/o success

I've also tried nvenabler.kext under /E/E/ w/o success as well

help would be greatly welcomed

**UPDATE

was able to narrow it down to the NVDAResman.kext

I'll have to diff it later when I get a chance, but replacing that one next with one from 10.7.1 or the 10.7.0 GM (which is what I had on-hand) fixed the issue for me

**UPDATE

here is the diff of the only file that had changes other than versioning

looks like the new version adds NvNdrvGpu dictionary

other than that I'm not finding anything else

hope this helps others who may have ran into the same issue

$ diff -rNu NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist NVDAResman.kext.new/Contents/Info.plist 
--- NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist	2011-10-14 16:22:10.000000000 -0700
+++ NVDAResman.kext.new/Contents/Info.plist	2011-10-14 16:22:29.000000000 -0700
@@ -7,7 +7,7 @@
	<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
	<string>NVDAResman</string>
	<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
-	<string>NVDAResman 7.2.9 270.05.05f01</string>
+	<string>NVDAResman 7.12.9 270.05.10f03</string>
	<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
	<string>com.apple.NVDAResman</string>
	<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
@@ -17,11 +17,11 @@
	<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
	<string>KEXT</string>
	<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
-	<string>7.2.9</string>
+	<string>7.12.9</string>
	<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
	<string>????</string>
	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
-	<string>7.0.2</string>
+	<string>7.1.2</string>
	<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
	<dict>
		<key>NVRM</key>
@@ -51,6 +51,23 @@
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IONDRVDevice</string>
		</dict>
+		<key>NvNdrvGpu</key>
+		<dict>
+			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
+			<string>com.apple.NVDAResman</string>
+			<key>IOClass</key>
+			<string>NVDAPreset</string>
+			<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
+			<string>IOFramebuffer</string>
+			<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
+			<string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>
+			<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
+			<string>0x000010de&0x0000ffff</string>
+			<key>IOProbeScore</key>
+			<integer>60000</integer>
+			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
+			<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
+		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>OSBundleCompatibleVersion</key>
	<string>1.2.0</string>

yozik

• 2 weeks later...

10.7.2 is trouble ;)

After the upgrade I've got a black screen as many did.

I've tried yozik fix, but it didn't work for me.

The only thing that worked for me was the solution from this forum:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1759594

That is basically a small change on the DSDT file.

Black Screen FIX (DSDT Injection):

Replace:

"device_type"
Buffer (0x0D)
{
  "NVDA,Geforce"
}

With:

"device_type"
Buffer (0x0C)
{
  "NVDA,Parent"
}

I haven't tested sound yet...but everything else seems to be OK.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I'm newbee here

Can I ask You a piece of time to explain what I have to do and what tools do I use ?

I've mount a working HackingTosh with Zotac 9300 ITX board, I use the method 1 in the first post in this thread :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS TO SCRAX GAANSAN MINIHACK WE'VE A PERFECT STABLE OS

2 SOLUTIONS:

1: GAANSAN (10.6.2- 10.6.5)

the attachment with all the needs is here

http://rapidshare.co...ac_9300_ITX.zip

2: SCRAX (10.6.2--> 10.6.6) with imac 9.1 emulation

starting from this post

there were more improvements and now we've a simple SNOW SETUP

so here and here 709

simply open the ZIP

put in E/E

FAKESMC

ZEVOREBOOT

DSDT

and in /EXTRA

c.a.b.p.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got HDMI sound problem ...

If I use the ZIP of the second method (post 709), can I solve my problems ? And How can I do this, which tools to use the content of the ZIP ?

The more information you can give is much appreciate ...

Best regards

Dominique

Hello All -

First, my Zotac
GF9300
K
-E DDR3
works fine with Windows.

I have seen the other posts regarding Zotac boards, however my problem seems even more fundamental than just needing a great working DSDT (which I do need as well).

I have tried the following USB OS X loaders on my
Zotac GF9300 K-E DDR3 Motherboard
, however they all crash at the gray apple screen, while the circular black lines are doing their thing, (I guess that means as OS X starts). I have tried the following USB Loaders to no avail (all of which work on my GA-EP45-UD3P):

1. Lifehacker-Stellarola v3 Snow Leopard USB Installer

2. Kakewalk LION 4.1.1 USB Installer

3. TonyMacx86 LION X.7.1 [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] Vanilla USB Installer

4. Even the TonyMac i-Boot and r-Boot discs crash at the same startup point.

5. I have even initially set up the hard drive in my GA-EP45-UD3P using the above loaders, and transplated the drive into my Zotac system. The crash is at the same point.

I have set the major BIOS settings for basic MAC
compatibility similar to those of my GA-EP45-UD3P
(ie- ACHI - ENABLE and QUICK BOOT - DISABLE.)

Since all hardware is already built into the
Zotac
(other than the CPU, E6600, and the 8GB, then I would assume that since others seem able to get this board to
boot
, the problem must reside either in my BIOS settings or the Bootloader.

The BIOS for version
K
-E (2K100324A) has a million things that I've never seen before, and doesn't conform to the BIOS that I see frequently on the web for boards (seems to be based on the 2009 GUIDE that starts this thread.)

Would anyone with a working system using the
K
-E feel like grabbing some screenshots of any BIOS settings changed from the Default and posting them for
download
??? It would be a real help, I imagine, to a lot of frustrated zotac fans.

And I have read that the typical Chameleon Bootloader may not work with Zotac. Is the Dr. Hurt Bootloader the only one that does? And is there a way to utilize it to create a USB Installer that will not require Terminal work, such as the ones that I have described?

Thanks. Replys are very much appreciated. Mark.

BTW - All 3 USB OS X Installers above are incredibly easy to create, with no Terminal work involved at all. They make installing OS X as easy as on a MAC, (on my Gigabyte system, anyway. Also, I have found that the most undocumented BIOS setting is QUICK START = DISABLED for Mac Pro software, such as Final Cut Pro 7, to run).

The TonyMac [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] loader will install a Vanilla version of LION, (which can then have a DSDT added by using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]).

The Kakewalk app (at
) (v-3.1 for OS X.6 or v-4.1 for OS X.7) is the absolute simplest USB Installer to make --- though right now for Gigabyte motherboards only (a menu asks where the
OS X DVD
, the
Kakewalk
app and the
USB Drive
are found on your drives, asks the user to select the model Gigabyte Motherboard from a drop menu, and then Kakewalk does absolutely everything else), and

the Lifehacker V3 was the first Snow Leopard Installer to make it simple-enough for even a noob like me to get up and running OOTB onto a GA-EP45-UD3x.

Hi i,m interested to this mobo. But i've some question.

Can install directly lion dvd ?

9300 video card is better then ion or ion2? At wich videocard of desktop is similar power? Can i work on photoshop with this?

Wifi onboard works well?

How many watt needed?

Compliments mine to ugoking because for me this work is Fantastic!!!

the last link is for eth. Doesn't works eth port?

ah thanks!!

no internal wifi doesn't work.. you have to use another.. I suggest to use and external digicom usb wifi.. and open the case as I did.. and connect soldering its pins into the internal usb connector!

also for the bt dongle!

ION.. or not ION?

the 9300.. compared to recently GPUs.. is too simple and too weak to run photoshop as well as newer games!

so that mobo is (for me) ner the end of life..

Lion run fine because it has all the kext to run zotac.. gaansan is the man who did those tests.

that mobo run less than 110w.. and this is.. for me.. the best deal between power and performances.

Back again regarding the Zotac GF9300 K-E DRR3 (WiFi). I'm frustrated that it still isn;t running, and I'm considering trying an Intel 775 mini-ITX board, though the Zotac has more features and I'd like to give it another chance. Here is where I am stuck:

I did make progress (I think).Thanks to the new TonyMacx86 [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], I was able to use my current Snow Leopard Hackintosh to create a new SSD boot drive with LION 7.1 to use on my Zotac.

Although the vanilla install of Lion to my new SSD went effortlessly, this SSD drive will not boot on its own in either my current Hackintosh, or the Zota. The [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] bootloader on the SSD will display the icons for selecting a boot drive, but crashes at the gray apple with the spinning wheel. However using the TonyMacx86 R-BOOT CD, I am able to run the LION SSD in my Gigabyte system, though R-BOOT still crashes on Zotac.

Since the LION install is Vanilla, (which is reported by others to work pretty much OOTB on the Zotac 9300 K-E), then I am assuming that the version of Chameleon that I am using is a problem.

So ... which CHAMELEON build are you Zotac 9300 K-E DDR3 owners using to create a BOOTLOADER on a LION X.7.1 drive??? Many of the Chameleon Installers listed in this GUIDE are older and listed as only for Snow Leopard.

I'd be grateful if anyone with a sucessful bootloader with the Zotac 9300 K-E and Lion X.7.1 would post your known-to-work version of Chameleon for the Zotac 9300 K-E after this post. Even if it is already located elsewhere on this thread, trying to figure which of the 42 pages contains the magic bootloader is difficult for us noobs. :king:

Thanks a lot ! Mark.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, friends

I have a serius problem with my SKU : GF9300-G/-J, I was install 10.7 and work fine, the only problem is that no appear the round below the apple...

Today I update to 10.7.2 and crash the system, because the screen was stoped in "PCI configuraton is begining". I made two changes in the DSDT:

in PCI0 change Name (_UID, 0x01) and change "Geforce" by "Parent" in the inyection of Nvidia, but the result is "PCI configuraton is begining".

Yozik, do you have any solution?

I too can confirm that Lion GM with latest updates work fine. No issues so far.

Can you explain how do you install, and then update to get a 10.7.2?

I use a DSDT.aml file, without modifying the bios.

Thanks a lot

Hello, friends

I have a serius problem with my SKU : GF9300-G/-J, I was install 10.7 and work fine, the only problem is that no appear the round below the apple...

Today I update to 10.7.2 and crash the system, because the screen was stoped in "PCI configuraton is begining". I made two changes in the DSDT:

in PCI0 change Name (_UID, 0x01) and change "Geforce" by "Parent" in the inyection of Nvidia, but the result is "PCI configuraton is begining".

Yozik, do you have any solution?

I too can confirm that Lion GM with latest updates work fine. No issues so far.

Can you explain how do you install, and then update to get a 10.7.2?

I use a DSDT.aml file, without modifying the bios.

When I boot with boot flag

-v npci=0×2000

post-548427-0-76080700-1325275162_thumb.jpg

But no boot...

please someone try for me if those solutions work to solve

the Hidden text in verbose boot after [PCI CONFIGURATION begin]

with boot flag

-v npci=0×2000

and to bypass all kext loading by creating he kextcache with the command

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

If a

i put in cham this "sudo kextcache -v 1 -a.......", can i boot ok?

Thanks a lot

don't know

recently I had another one.. but I'm early to start test lion into it! because i'm away for job.. and few days to spend with my family.

apart from it .. I suppose the trick ' npci=0x2000' solves 50% of the problem.. I see that is not a problem of boot flags but of a iopcifamily kext that from 10.6.8 to lion is very dirrerent!

that's because often you have differents behaviour using many versions of DVD setups.. (iatkos etc..)

if you cerate a kextcache probably you have KP at boot..

I suggest you to boot with another version of iopcifamily..

but.. sorry.. is it so much important to see the rows filling at -v boot?

if you're fine.. you hit the top.. with or without verbose log at boot!

after the boot.. launch the terminal and log cat the system logs .. kernel logs etc.. you read those hidden and invisible rows again!

• Like 1

vicentyùin the bangslak v3 and iatkod l2 lion dvd there are the iopcifamily patched from oleg

that solve the verbose log

I tried today to put lion.. but no video at boot.. all is black

10.7.2 is trouble :)

Replace:

"device_type"
Buffer (0x0D)
{
  "NVDA,Geforce"
}

With:

"device_type"
Buffer (0x0C)
{
  "NVDA,Parent"
}

tried .. no good results

I tried Bangslak lion

iatkos lion

oroginal vanilla modded setup lion

no way! black screen

the only good boot screen is the lion DP4

what's your opinion??

first, i'd like to thank everyone who has made it possible to install lion on this motherboard. i sold my old, slow mac mini and i wanted to re-use an old shuttle enclosure i had to build an up to date media server. i found this board at fry's and i had a spare LGA775 cpu to go with it.

i'm using the 9300-G-E itx, pcb version 3 if i'm not wrong.

i used the guide at the beginning of this thread. i applied a mod from early somewhere in this thread to solve the cmos reset problem.

i used [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], and a dsdt that i downloaded from this thread (sorry, i've lost track of which version dsdt it was, and from which post in this thread it came).

i am using a geforce GT520 pci-e x16 gpu instead of using onboard graphics. all of the video outputs work. i'm currently using the hdmi output, altho with no audio over hdmi. when i try onboard graphics (removed the pci-e gpu, then set bios to onboard gpu when external gpu not installed), the vga output works, but trying both the dvi and hdmi output, after the gray apple screen/gearwheel proceeds to the blue screen then the desktop, i get only a bright gray screen/no cursor. i have made sure that the device and vendor ID of the geforce 9300 gpu are in the nvdan50hal.kext plist.

i know people are using the onboard video--what should i try?

sound is working from the built-in audio, with the modded applehda kext, using the digital output (spdif).

as everyone else has experienced, onboard ethernet doesnt survive sleep, so i'm using the Apple usb ethernet dongle that came with my wife's mac book air.

what i'd really like to get working is onboard hdmi with audio,so i can make a single connection to my hdtv.

is that working for anyone?

thanks

ken

tried .. no good results

I tried Bangslak lion

iatkos lion

oroginal vanilla modded setup lion

no way! black screen

the only good boot screen is the lion DP4

what's your opinion??

I hope it's not because you have the DDR3 mobo :( This probably works for me and gilberto so far because we have the I-E mobo. Did you make sure you changed to "Buffer (0x0C)" ? I accidentally left that out the first time around when I recompiled my DSDT, but it worked after I fixed that later.

10.7.2 is trouble :)

Replace:

"device_type"
Buffer (0x0D)
{
  "NVDA,Geforce"
}

With:

"device_type"
Buffer (0x0C)
{
  "NVDA,Parent"
}

Sound didn't work for me until I restored my 10.6.8 patched AppleHDA.kext to my 10.7.2 setup. Does anyone know how to fix sleep of death issue with 10.7.2 on the I-E mobo with custom BIOS? The machine random dies when it goes to sleep. Also, did someone mention that LAN now works after wake up with OS X Lion?

Edit: I think it's either the 10.6.7 or 10.6.8 AppleHDA.kext patched to get it working on 10.7.2. I can't remember which one I took. Sorry :(