[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

Zotac GF9300-I-E

I used "iATKOS_L2 (LION 10.7.2)" install.

This worked for my black screen after boot. VGA and HDMI work with Dual screen and with "Diamond BVU195 USB Display" for a 3rd monitor.

Black Screen FIX (DSDT Injection):

Replace:

"device_type"

Buffer (0x0D)

{

"NVDA,Geforce"

}

With:

"device_type"

Buffer (0x0C)

{

"NVDA,Parent"

}

Hopefully someone will figure out the problem with the audio. Audio driver can be found here http://www.osx86.net/view/1629-alc662_new_kexts_-_lion_amp%3b_etc._support_amp%3b_working.html but audio through HDMI isn't working.

Thanks for everyones help.

• 3 weeks later...

so I updated to 10.7.3 and got the black screen again. I once again restored the NVDAResman.kext to version

<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>

<string>NVDAResman 7.2.9 270.05.05f01</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>7.2.9</string>

and was able to boot up again. I found that this time audio did not work and had to revert back the AppleHDA.kext to

<string>1.7.4a1, Copyright Apple Inc. 2005-2009</string>

<string>1.7.4</string>

needless to say, probably want to make back ups prior to upgrading to 10.7.3

using custom bios form first page

--

Yozik

Hello, friends

I have a serius problem with my SKU : GF9300-G/-J, I was install 10.7 and work fine, the only problem is that no appear the round below the apple...

Today I update to 10.7.2 and crash the system, because the screen was stoped in "PCI configuraton is begining". I made two changes in the DSDT:

in PCI0 change Name (_UID, 0x01) and change "Geforce" by "Parent" in the inyection of Nvidia, but the result is "PCI configuraton is begining".

Yozik, do you have any solution?

Can you explain how do you install, and then update to get a 10.7.2?

I use a DSDT.aml file, without modifying the bios.

Thanks a lot

I originally followed the steps on the first page using dsdt and all that, then after seeing the custom bios I went that route. both methods worked for me but found the custom bios easier as i didn't have to update dsdt file and only two kexts that I need to keep an eye on.

--

yozik

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Now I made the change in Bios, discussed on the first page. Installation of 10.7 without DSDT works fine, just use the kext from fakeSMC, audio ...

When I upgraded to 10.7.2 I get the black screen.

I have a disk partition with 10.7 from which I can make changes to the partition of 10.7.2.

That can i do to solve the problem?

thanks to all

thanks Yozik (what is your mobo?)

I have two issues with my Snow Leopard install. 10.6.8

1) when my zotac sleeps, on wake the sound is really flaky, and a subsequent reboot resets the BIOS

2) I'm trying to use dual monitors DVI + VGA and have modified NVCAP in dsdt.aml but all I get is blank screen on "detect monitors"

I'm using the BIOS mod (still haven't installed the custom Bios but using that DSDT and plist) 03 dsdt with hacked nvcap and a modified AppleHDA.kext version 1.8.4

Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

THANKS Yozik, I made a clean installation with MyHack usb method and then install combo update 10,7,3 with NVDAResman.kext of 10.7, and my system run very good without DSDT and Bios changed.

so I updated to 10.7.3 and got the black screen again. I once again restored the NVDAResman.kext to version

<string>NVDAResman 7.2.9 270.05.05f01</string>

<string>7.2.9</string>

and was able to boot up again. I found that this time audio did not work and had to revert back the AppleHDA.kext to

<string>1.7.4</string>

needless to say, probably want to make back ups prior to upgrading to 10.7.3

using custom bios form first page

--

Yozik

I originally followed the steps on the first page using dsdt and all that, then after seeing the custom bios I went that route. both methods worked for me but found the custom bios easier as i didn't have to update dsdt file and only two kexts that I need to keep an eye on.

--

yozik

• 3 weeks later...

I did the custom BIOS upgrade, and I find that boot hangs unless I include FakeSMC in Extensions. I wonder why? Also, I'm still unable to sleep this computer without it resetting BIOS and losing my networking...

# 10.6.8

# Using a PCIe LAN card

• 2 weeks later...

<string>1.7.4</string>

Hi Yozik, I have a AppleHDA.kext patched of this topic, with this I have Mic line but no Speakers or Line Out, do you know how resolv this problem? Can you send your AppleHda.kext original 1.7.4 to this topic?

Thanks

me too.. mine is the on that comes from the first pages. but it has a small craa cra every time I generate a signa.. it's not really perfect

I've another problem: I triedto launch cham 1820 and above to run ML. but the system restart immediately after reading the boot sector.. I cannot read the boot manager page.. no way to try todo any kind of setup... why?

if anyone is interested in following my progress on github: https://github.com/dakkusingh/Zotac-9300KE-OSX86

I have a working DSDT based solution and got the following working:

Graphic

-- VGA

-- DVI

-- HDMI (video)

Onboard sound

-- Headphone jack

-- Mic (untested)

-- SPDIF (untested)

Sleep/Wake/Restart

Still need some help with USB2 support in bios and HDMI audio. Anyone care to collaborate?

• 5 weeks later...

I got my G-E mobo working using a preinstalled image of lion 10.7.4 . I'm not using the bult in graphics card.But if anyone is using the same Zotac 8400gs GF, try this method +Ad the efi string from efi studio to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

List of my kexts in Extra

2n83fip.png\

+ i had to ad apple rtc from MB Lion edition to solve the cmos clear issue.

Edited by capox
Discussion of tonymac tools not allowed

• 1 month later...

Hello I am new to this forum, I bought this mobo G-E (01) 3 years ago to install linux mythbuntu for dvb-s tv, I also have a macbook which runs on lion with the frontend mythtv installed and works very well.

I test for some days to install on this mobo lion but without real success, apparently by flashing the bios its not working, I do not know if this is because the bin is not up to date for lion?

In use the DSDT.aml file its not working either (kernel panic)

And use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], the graphics card is not detected but his works reasonably well for the rest.

I do not know if this is the procedure that I use which is not good or if it is a combination of circumstance considering that lion is relatively young.

E6300 core 2 duo cpu

geforce 9300 onboard gpu

ocz ssd turbo vortex

2gb ddr2

please, your help would be apreciate

yes but with 10.7.4 i'm think dsdt need this mods

Black Screen FIX (DSDT Injection):

Replace:

"device_type"

Buffer (0x0D)

{

"NVDA,Geforce"

}

With:

"device_type"

Buffer (0x0C)

{

"NVDA,Parent"

}

do you have a suggestion ?

have a black screen on boot

I'll try asap. But if you've a processor less or equal to DCD2,4.. You have to hack osinstall mpkg in order to bypass the setup checklist

• 2 weeks later...

been trying to get 10.8 running using myhack to build the bootable disk and not really having any luck(seems to boot the bootloader then reboot straight after)

anyone else been following any quick guides they'd care to share?

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested, I got a great working 10.8 setup with pcb rev 01 of this board. No special DSDT hacking or kexts. The only catch is that I don't use the onboard graphics. I have an EVGA GT 240 card. After my successful install I took it out and rebooted to test the on-boad graphics and it didn't boot. Changing to "GraphicsEnabler=No" may do the trick though. If I try it I'll edit this post EDIT: That didn't work either. Note that I only checked the HDMI output. Other video outputs might work, and a DSDT file might solve everything. I'd love to test it more and try to get it working but I'm having overheating issues when the onboard GPU is enabled.

So for this layman's guide you need a supported graphics card, a USB pen drive (8gb), and a working OSX or OSX86 system (I used 10.6.6 - earlier versions may or may not work). Your Zotac board also requires 2GB of RAM or more.

I did not test the onboard audio as I use HDMI audio. Ethernet works perfectly.

1. Set BIOS to standard settings used by people in this thread. Enable AHCI for SATA, enable HPET, disable serial port, set audio to "External Codec" and set the USB Legacy to Low Speed.

* 2. Flash your BIOS with the modded firmware per the OP of this thread.

3. Use Google to find a popular, universal Mac application that's used to turn an 8gb or greater USB flash drive into a 10.8 install disk if you have the App Store version of the OS.

4. Set your BIOS to boot from the USB flash drive first.

5. Boot to it, open up Disk Utility, and prepare the hard drive volume you wish to install to (Mac OS Extended Journaled, GUID).

6. Install Mountain Lion to your new system disk.

7. Reboot, still booting from the USB flash drive, but select your new system disk in the bootloader menu.

8. Download the latest installer package for the Chimera or your favorite 10.8 compatible bootloader. Run it and install it to you system disk - BUT WAIT, this doesn't fully install it...

9. Bootloader installers seem to be unable to create the needed "/Extra" folder so create one manually on your system disk and copy the contents of the "/Extra" folder on the USB drive over to it. The folder is hidden, so use the Terminal or unhide it.

10. Unmount and unplug the USB drive and reboot using just your system disk. Voila.

** 11. If you have my graphics card and want HDMI audio, you'll need to download and install VoodooHDA 2.7.4 and reboot. Then open System Preferences/Sound and select the 2nd of 4 HDMI entries as your sound output device. Then go to /Applications/Utilities and open up Audio Midi Setup. Change your HDMI output format from 192k Hz to 48k.

12. Combo update to 10.8.1 did not cause any problems.

* UPDATE 1: According to ugokind (post #757 in this thread), the modded BIOS uses an older type of DSDT entry that prevents the onboard Nvidia 9300 GPU from working in Lion and Mountain Lion. So you might want to just use the newer DSDT instead of doing the BIOS mod.

** UPDATE 2: This applies to those with my setup (EVGA GT 240 and possibly other graphics cards). Do not install VoodooHDA. It was responsible for all my inexplicable problems. The issue is that once installed and the kext cache is cleared, it works fine. But if I changed any audio settings or installed any additional hardware (like my USB Wifi, or my printer driver) the system would hang on reboot. Once I removed it from S/L/E, all my "PCI Configuration Begin" and KP problems ended.

A workaround to still get HDMI audio is to search for a program on this board called VoodooLoader. Download it, and the VoodooPatcher, and patch it with the latest version of VoodooHDA.kext (2.7.4). This lets you manually load VoodooHDA when you need it without installing it. This usually works but sometimes causes a panic. It seems if you launch it and don't touch anything for 30 seconds, it's less likely to cause the KP.

Really a very good job.

I recommend you to attach external references in your post because of recent policy of the forum that deny to refers to other forum easily :)

@vindu

Hi, I had similar issue and booted from a cdboot downloaded from HMBT,and the base system on a usb pen drive

Zotac mini itx h77, i3 2015, gf 210, 4gb, ssd64gb

C.frio

@ugokind

I followed your Moded Bios guide, it is fantastic!

Now I have two questions:

1. although I change the video ram to 512 MB, but boot into Mac OS X 10.6.8 it is always showing 256 MB ram. Either I put GraphicsEnabler=Yes or not.

2. Is this BIOS suiteable for Mountain Lion?