iWork '09 trojan beware!

^_^

99 posts in this topic

People can't be in the middle can they?

[Rant]

You both have a very skewed view of Vista. Home users (I mean the common PC buyer, not gamers or PC aficionados) don't have much problems with it, but gamers and business users don't like it because of it's stricter UAC and system-intensive resource system. This doesn't mean everyone hates it, and it doesn't mean everyone likes it. In my experience it's about 50/50, and most can live with the problems they don't like. The real issue with saying Vista is too bloated is that Vista was designed to be ran on 'Next-Gen' hardware, and MS screwed up by counting Home Basic as 'Vista-Ready' or 'Vista-Capable'.

As for the virus issue, all computers will get viruses, I don't care if your running Windows, DOS, Linux, OS X, OS 7, Unix, Debian, or BSD. It is inevitable that SOMEONE will write a single measly line of malicious code because for some reason people enjoy ruining the computer experience for others.

The problem on placing blame on a company or user is that most people are trying to point fingers at a single source, when in reality it is a very complex (yet simple) issue. It's the user's fault for downloading completely illegal programs, the torrent-hosting site's fault for not removing the torrent, the maker of the torrent for making the trojan in the first place, the OS maker's fault because it can't detect the trojan, and the fanboy's fault for being so gung-ho.... (Hoping you get the point)

In the end, none of this is relavant because after your computer dies and gets thrown away, you still continue breathing. It's not like the whole world is going to end because of about 20,000 machines out of 1,000,000,000+.

[End Rant]

It's all opinion. Disagreement is what makes the computer industry thrive with multiple standards.

You have bought all of your software?If you havent you are stupid too. But you seem like a clever guy who cant be fooled. And close your transmission pls. There are people who want to make fun of you..

I know its not apples or microsofts fault that somebody installs and runs a downloaded software.maybe i didnt express myself right. i meant about the antivirus protection of the system that an OS must have. But as i said in the end there cant be an OS virus free.

Sorry for my english.

AV protection that an OS must have?

Name me ONE OS that has AV protection out of the box?

I'm waiting

Oh none of them do.....

Good, now use google and tell that to the million or so other people who feel the same as we do. Guess you're right and they're all wrong about this vista "fact". LOL :)

You mean the ones who have never used vista and base their opinion on the anecdotal evidence of others. The same people who say Vista has bad driver support that was only there when it first came out, which was not the fault of Microsoft, but the fault of the hardware makers who were responsible for making drivers that were supposed to work on Vista but didn't at the time. But now that is no longer true, the same people continue to say this as if it's true. It's not true and I'd hope you had some intelligence in you instead of being like sheep. Quoting them does not make your point true.

Remember OS X 10.5 Leopard when it first came out had problems and so people stayed away from it. But now after being in use by the public with many patches released for it just like Vista, they're both rock solid.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
You mean the ones who have never used vista and base their opinion on the anecdotal evidence of others. The same people who say Vista has bad driver support that was only there when it first came out, which was not the fault of Microsoft, but the fault of the hardware makers who were responsible for making drivers that were supposed to work on Vista but didn't at the time. But now that is no longer true, the same people continue to say this as if it's true. It's not true and I'd hope you had some intelligence in you instead of being like sheep. Quoting them does not make your point true.

Remember OS X 10.5 Leopard when it first came out had problems and so people stayed away from it. But now after being in use by the public with many patches released for it just like Vista, they're both rock solid.

It's a *fact* that Vista had MORE reported problems. I use both, not a fanboy, so don't go there. I've useb both for over a year, and it's kinda sad when hacked mac os x runs better than OEM vista...

Leopard rock solid? :D They break something different with every update!

Tiger FTW. It's the Win2k of Macs.

I had Leopard right after the release and never ran into major problems. Vista I tested for two months on my then-laptop, which at that time only had 1 Gig of RAM but the constant HDD access didnt only kill my battery quickly, but also DROVE ME MAD WITH ITS NOISE. The UAC did its part too(yes I know I could have turned it off but then why was it there?!), plus I hate Aero.

Well, I have to admit that I changed RAM, WiFi and battery for my Wind in order to use it as a Hackbook, and no end up booting only Windows 7 just because I need it to hibernate :/

Here's some anecdotal evidence for you...

I ran Vista Business on my Toshiba U200 (I got it as a free upgrade because I bought the PC with XP in Feb '07). Toshiba sent me a driver disk with the Vista DVD of drivers they had developed and tested with Vista...

I have never dealt with such a bug ridden OS ever. Even after SP1. Leopard including 10.5.0 has been an absolute joy to use (on the same PC) in comparison, having less bugs than XP (which had most of them fixed after SP2).

Vista was definitely not ready for release. Leo was.

7 is looking much better, more like Vista should have been, however MS missed their chance as I recently replaced that Toshiba, and now have a MB...

Here's some anecdotal evidence for you...

I ran Vista Business on my Toshiba U200 (I got it as a free upgrade because I bought the PC with XP in Feb '07). Toshiba sent me a driver disk with the Vista DVD of drivers they had developed and tested with Vista...

I have never dealt with such a bug ridden OS ever. Even after SP1. Leopard including 10.5.0 has been an absolute joy to use (on the same PC) in comparison, having less bugs than XP (which had most of them fixed after SP2).

Vista was definitely not ready for release. Leo was.

7 is looking much better, more like Vista should have been, however MS missed their chance as I recently replaced that Toshiba, and now have a MB...

Did you upgrade to Vista or do a clean install?

System 7. Apple didn't start calling it an OS until OS 8.

? That's funny (as in REALY?)

I am certain - that after the 1980's Atari (which I bought 2nd - or was that 3rd, 4th, or 5th hand & never DID get the dam thing set_up - let alone WORK), & the "also_a_garage_sale" BOUGHT Velocetti (different problem- same result - never GOT to use)? That ... I finally GAVE_IN - to my new (2nd wife) & used her ACORN ... OS 2 (or was that 3?)

WOW... it even had a very fine name- for an 'especially_fancy' OS - of ...

RISC-OS 2.00 203 (& thus - an "Operating System" number - of 2 ???); Which I was able to UPDATE... with a floppy (BUT ... VERY_HARD) ... 3.5 DISC? Into RISC OS 3.00 .

RISC OS 03 ? = Run Initial ? Syntex Command - Operating System - 03 ?

..... Or something to that effect ...... ?

Well - it HAD to have a fancy NAME- now- didn't it? Considering that the dam useless thing was a full stand_alone unit - with NO internet conectivity - & well?mind U - it was "only" the year 2000 ...

So... It wasn't THAT long - before a delightfully "HELPFULL" (not) female neighbour... UNLOADED an IBM supposedly with WINDOWS OFFICE 2000 onboard (but some git had "stolen" the internet 56k modem, IT only ever showed a windows 98 "screen" ... OH - & SHE never supplied the printer cables, or the "proper" operating manuals, discs, etc, etc etc. ? ... )

SO ...??? IT TOO - got permanently "stored" as a (workshop) table LEG

THEN I bought _ WAHOO - a NEW DELL "Dimension" 3100... Sold LEGALLY to me from The Warehouse - In Alexandra - for $999.

BUT - (???) it was the ONLY_ONE that the "Local_Police" .... took an immediate "shine_to"

& carefully removed, ALONG with all of my electrical tools, audio equipment, OLD EX_B&W TV motherboards (that I used for cheap parts), BOXES & BOXES - of "JUST ARRIVED" new wholesale stock - imported (ALSO LEGALLY) - from Australia ... PLUS ... around 15 - never opened ??? (until they got their thieving mitts upon) BRAND_NEW Stereo/CD/Radio/ALARM_CLOCKS ... being part of the 29 or so ... that I'd bought "RETAIL" - to future dissasemble & MODIFY (for surround sound units) ... PLUS several TV's, and DVD's, VCR's, Seveal OLDER (stereo) AMPS ... as well as all of my "kids" home_recorded vc's .. including the ONE (impossible to replace) VC_TAPE - of my Grandmother's funeral service - which incidentally they (THE POLICE) somehow "lost" & never returned ...

ALL on the say_so of that delightfull "neighbour" next door... Who ??? (For reason's ONLY known to herself ??? ) "had" TOLD THEM - ??? that I was survielling her?

Which (to put IT extremely politely - & not to USE the oft times USED language - I frequently uttered for eight LONG dreary "soundless" months therafter ??? )

... COMPLETE & UTTER BOLLOCKS ...

AND - especially considering "the-fact" - that after pulling every OLD electronic EX-B&W-TV mother_board aAPART, & dismantling some of the NEW clock radio's (STEALING SEVERAL AS WELL)... along with "pilfering" ALL of my (audio) "home_made" interconnect_cables ...

THEY (the NZ_POLICE) eventually "returned" these...

along with my (BY_NOW) severally "faulty" DELL PC? & said - UM - they FOUND NOTHING?

??? Which ... in itself ... was rather FUNNY ... considering WHAT I had initially ... TOLD THEM???

THEN- as they were LEAVING after returning the LAST LOAD ... ???

We did ALL "DISCOVER ??? That a HIGH GRADE Industrial Surviellance camera... was MOUNTED 4.5M UP - on HER_KNIBS "garage_roof" ... (& that she had) AIMED DIRECTLY ... into my Laundry, Toilet Shower "window"?

?

Needless to SAY... I TRUST NOTHING. No "upload", DOWNLOAD, "side_load" - or RELOAD...

& If (I'm) in doubt - I simply "KICK"

.... THE LIVING ....

?....... (read_here_excrement) ......

? ...... $*#^*%_+=-&!|3&%$" ..... ?

.... "OUT" ....

Of the ? 230volt (Wall_Outlet) "power_socket" ? ..... & SIMPLY ... dump "everything" the PC was trying to "DO".I (then) go & make a coffee- have a snooze or PLAY some music on the tape player ... eventually "re-powering" the PC... Which marvelously REVERTS back to the previous NORMAL (start/stop) "auto_shut_down" RESTORE_POINT (of several weeks ago) ... thereby "Completely_Annyhilating" ... EVERY DAM FILE ... ??? that I'd forgetting to SAVE in the last SESSION ??? ... BUT- with absolutely NO malicious codes, & pirated programs (or trojans) thankyou.

:D

√ The bad thing is that is imbedded in to the installer, so when u type the password for root axxex installer it gains it!

√ The problem is that lots of hackers (not crackers) are thinking to OSX! And we cant do nothing....except buy original! But who knows if in a original software u can find a trojan too? See what microsux is doing...lots of spyware!

√ Welcome in the digital world!

Quite a number of no-goodniks who thought they'd save a few bucks by downloading a pirated version of iWork '09 have gotten more than they'd bargained for -- in the form of a Trojan Horse called OSX.Trojan.iServices.A. This guy installs itself in the computer's startup as root, and once in place it can connect to a remote server and broadcast its location, allowing malicious users to take charge of the machine remotely. And since it has root access to the OS, the trojan can not only install additional components but can also modify existing apps, making this thing extremely difficult to remove. According to a white paper released by Intego, at least 20,000 people may have downloaded the infected software -- which they'll get around to installing as soon as they finish those episodes of Celebrity Rehab they grabbed at the same time.

RE:- "THE BAD THING" ... Yep - well that stuffs them - don't IT ??? :tomato:

RE:- "THE PROBLEM IS" ... Completely THE (ab)USERS FAULT

>>>>>>>>~~~~~~ :dance_24: ~~~~~~> (((BANG)))

RE:- "WELCOME IN THE DIGITAL WORLD" ? :censored2:

Wahoo - Gee - I am Sooooo glad I "stayed" with analogue... As the abicuss (a_biscuit_thingy) - isn't (all) THAT hard to work with ... ??? ... (NOT) after pulling it apart to "free" the action & losing MOST of those silly_wee "sliding" beads... somewhere under the dim_dark_recesses of fridge / freezer (?)

BUT? U say ... "this" GUY (who said that ?- As maybe it's a lying cheating FEMALE- see my earlier POST ??? ) ... THIS_THUNG "can" (aparently BY MAGIC - & all by itself)

??? ONCE IN PLACE IT CAN - CONNECT - WITH A REMOTE SERVER ???

Wow?

I'm sure I LOCKED the back door, & the front_one too? PLUS... I deliberately TURNED OFF - the ADSL's MAIN POWER SWITCH - on the unit... as well as PULLING (physically) the PLUG >>~~~~~~~> out of that "also_damaged" WALL_SOCKET - where it (ONLY) lives - WHEN I WANT (IT) TO CONNECT ?

AND...

As I do NOT have BLUE, RED, GREEN or any OTHER COLOURED "tooths" (I've got falsies),

... NOR ... ? Do I have ... "wireless" ... :)

DAM U oughta SEE the (?) humungous_hordes, DRUMS & coils of "wires" ... that I got around here, (Electrical, Electronic & FARM_FENCING #8's) ... I am - "AFTER_ALL" - an Industrial_Electrician, Audio_Engineer, INVENTOR & "retired" Ex-Farmer ... ??? Thus I "have" WIRE ... by the thousands of metres ... & am "not" WIRELESS ... by any "stretch" OF UR imagination ...

SO?

How does HIS thing ... CONNECT ... if ONE is NOT (physically) connected?

:whistle:

Apple is responsible for me entering an administrator password in a malicious installer.

Apple is responsible for me entering an administrator password with the command rm -rf /.

Damn Apple to hell!

Ah-HA...

SO..

Ur the snivelling little wheez- (that I hear) THROWING_UP in the old bucket - down in Ur neighbours APPLE_ORCHARD?

YES? I can hear U (NOW) ... After U were seen ^jumping^ the electric "SECURITY FENCE" ... & v_sliding_v UNDER the IR "radar" sensors...

& U have the "audascious" arrogance... to YELL & SCREAM ... that ?

• Apple is responsible for U entering an administrator password in a malicious installer.
  • (THAT U STOLE FROM ANOTHER THIEF)

&

• Apple is responsible for U entering an administrator password with the command rm -rf /.
  • (THAT U DIDN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF)

PLUS...

U are STILL "screaming"

• Damn Apple to hell!

Because U BIT "into" Ur stolen fruit & ARE NOW "belching" (Ur innards) INTO that old bucket... ?

• WHY?
  • Please DO NOT try to "SAY"...
  • That it is BECAUSE U FOUND...?
  • JUST HALF a "CODDLIN_MOTH" ?
  • Inside the APPLE.!
  • It's not the APPLE'S FAULT...

that U stole into the ORCHARD, by "JUMPING" the "ELECTRIC" security fence, slid "UNDER" the IR sensors, OR that U forgot to "CHECK" & see why that lovely "ripe" looking fruit... was dangling there - for U to grab & bite into...?

• NOR
  • "WAS" ?
  • IT

The FAULT - of that poor wee CODDLIN MOTH ... (inside that lovely warm & juicy apple)

• THAT MADE U BITE HIM IN HALF.
  • Serves U right...
  • Here - have another BUCKET

(AS)

We've NOW turned the SPRINKLERS ON -???

&

Have "upped" the voltage on the UPPER sections of the ELECTRIC fence.

(So) - Now try - GETTING OUT AGAIN (?)

:rolleyes:

Ah-HA...

SO..

Ur the snivelling little wheez- (that I hear) THROWING_UP in the old bucket - down in Ur neighbours APPLE_ORCHARD?

YES? I can hear U (NOW) ... After U were seen ^jumping^ the electric "SECURITY FENCE" ... & v_sliding_v UNDER the IR "radar" sensors...

& U have the "audascious" arrogance... to YELL & SCREAM ... that ?

• Apple is responsible for U entering an administrator password in a malicious installer.
  • (THAT U STOLE FROM ANOTHER THIEF)

&

• Apple is responsible for U entering an administrator password with the command rm -rf /.
  • (THAT U DIDN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF)

PLUS...

U are STILL "screaming"

• Damn Apple to hell!

Because U BIT "into" Ur stolen fruit & ARE NOW "belching" (Ur innards) INTO that old bucket... ?

• WHY?
  • Please DO NOT try to "SAY"...
  • That it is BECAUSE U FOUND...?
  • JUST HALF a "CODDLIN_MOTH" ?
  • Inside the APPLE.!
  • It's not the APPLE'S FAULT...

that U stole into the ORCHARD, by "JUMPING" the "ELECTRIC" security fence, slid "UNDER" the IR sensors, OR that U forgot to "CHECK" & see why that lovely "ripe" looking fruit... was dangling there - for U to grab & bite into...?

• NOR
  • "WAS" ?
  • IT

The FAULT - of that poor wee CODDLIN MOTH ... (inside that lovely warm & juicy apple)

• THAT MADE U BITE HIM IN HALF.
  • Serves U right...
  • Here - have another BUCKET

(AS)

We've NOW turned the SPRINKLERS ON -???

&

Have "upped" the voltage on the UPPER sections of the ELECTRIC fence.

(So) - Now try - GETTING OUT AGAIN (?)

:(

LSD is bad for you.

Yeah but people need common sense to do that ;)

Which is "of course" WHY - most AMERICAN's fall head over turkey- into the OPEN offal_pit ... WHEN RUNNING NAKED (I mean Native) down in their neighbours DARK_AS _MIDNIGHT "Apple_Orchards" - it's BECAUSE "absolutely" (almost) NONE of U - have even the faintest glimmer of recognition ... of WHAT "Common_Sense" even USED to look like - before HESHE ... died around here_abouts - (with that stupid ... ANTI_SMACKING_LAW ?)

LSD is bad for you.

Hehehehe - YEAH - I know...

My son is ALWAYS saying the same thing...

HEY DAY - Ur LSD is BAD - 4U

(when are u gona give it to me?)

& I tell him....

SON.!

AFTER I DIE....

U can "HAVE" my LSD

(L) = "L.O.U.D"

(S) = "S.U.R.R.O.U.N.D"

(D) = "D.E.C.O.D.E.R"

25x_Channel_Positionings___Total_Surround_Sound.bmp

• 6 months later...