*Updated 11/12* DMG mounting issues & Sandbox.kext/Seatbelt.kext

Lanceomni

168 posts in this topic

Anyway, in reply, when i did this on my 10.5.6 ipc install, it didn't work. followed all the steps. Still hangs on mounting simple dmgs. hangs with friendly "black screen of death"

Any suggestions??

Anyway, in reply, when i did this on my 10.5.6 ipc install, it didn't work. followed all the steps. Still hangs on mounting simple dmgs. hangs with friendly "black screen of death"

Any suggestions??

I'm at the same point as you. I've tried installing the 10.5.6 seatbelt.kext many different ways. Via OSX86 Tools, manually, through kext helper. None of them work. Booted with -v -f, without it. Nothing is working.

when i do a uname -a it shows

Darwin files-optiplex-gx620.local 9.2.2 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.2: Tue Mar 4 21:17:34 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.4.31~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

i tried this fix but still can't use dmg files it crashes with the must reboot the computer

im using 10.5.6 ideneb

any help?

Thanks it sure did the trick for my computer.

I have the GA EP45-DS3 mobo the q6600 cpu and two 7300gs pcie videocards. I run retail Leo 10.5.6 and updated to the mach_kernel, the seatbelt and system.kext from the 10.5.6 combo update. Seems it did the trick, everything works ok now (in fact it feels like the computer works better than ever before).

Download the comboupdate you want/need and pacifist + osxtools. Burn the combo dmg to a DVD and extract the stuff you need (no need to mount an image = no KP) using pacifist. Pacifist can also install the kexts if you want it to and osxtools can install the kernel.

Allways backup your stuff before changing anything.

It shows me the following:

mishas-macpro31:~ misha$ mkdir /backup/Seatbelt

mishas-macpro31:~ misha$ cd /System/Library

mishas-macpro31:Library misha$ cp -r Extensions/seatbelt.kext /backup/Seatbelt/seatbelt.kext

mishas-macpro31:Library misha$ cp -r ~/Desktop/seatbelt.kext Extensions/seatbelt.kext

cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext: Permission denied

cp: /Users/misha/Desktop/seatbelt.kext: unable to copy extended attributes to Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext: Permission denied

cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /Users/misha/Desktop/seatbelt.kext/Contents: unable to copy extended attributes to Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory: No such file or directory

cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements: No such file or directory

cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/CodeResources: No such file or directory

cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/CodeSignature: No such file or directory

cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory

cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: /Users/misha/Desktop/seatbelt.kext/Contents/MacOS: unable to copy extended attributes to Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/MacOS/seatbelt: No such file or directory

cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/version.plist: No such file or directory

Thanks for your help :-)

Last login: Tue May 5 14:13:33 on console

mishas-macpro31:~ misha$ uname -a

Darwin mishas-macpro31 9.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Sat Dec 6 19:39:54 IST 2008; Voodoo; Release 1.0 :xnu-1228.7.58/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

mishas-macpro31:~ misha$

When i open /System/Library/Extensions/seatbelt.kext it says in version.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>BuildVersion</key>

<string>14</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>107.10</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>107.10</string>

<key>ProjectName</key>

<string>Seatbelt</string>

<key>SourceVersion</key>

<string>1071100</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Still i can not mount DMGs..help is appreciated :D

post-422548-1241527916_thumb.jpg

I have kernel version 9.4 (iPC10.5.6), got kernel panic whenever mounting dmgs downloaded from safari or any other internet browser so I've installed Igetter and integrated it to safari, dmgs work just so fine. Idon't know why but it works.

• 2 weeks later...
Step 2.

If you are sudo and you do not close the Terminal window typing:

mkdir /backup/Seatbelt

should not give that error.

Try the commands again in a fresh window and then take a screenshot and post it. Command+Shift 3 will take a screenshot

would someone be able to link a seatbelt.kext and a system.kext that work with 10.5.7, I cannot find any that have worked...

Thanks

looking for the same thing, im on voodoo 9.6.0 osx 10.5.7 and none of the kexts seem to fix it

• 2 weeks later...
Where did you get a voodoo 9.6.0 kernel? I just upgraded to 10.5.7 also and am using voodoo 9.5.0 kernel.

There is no Voodoo 9.6.0 kernel however there are some 9.6.0 kernels based on the Voodoo source code. Do a search on the forum and you should find several references to these builds. For updates and information from the Voodoo Team visit http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/

I updated to 10.5.7 and had disk mounting problems. Since my Voodoo Kernel is the 9.5, I used the one from 10.5.5 version. I installed it with Kext Helper b7, rebooted and worked with no problems. I downloaded it using Firefox just like I do everytime I deal with Kexts. Safari now does all kind of stuff to mess with your downloaded kexts...

i can't get passed step 2 too, i get "mkdir: /backup: no such file or directory"

im using the ideneb 1.4 distro.

EDIT: figured it out, i was supposed to to type mkdir /backup and then type mkdir /backup/Seatbelt

I'm running iDeneb 10.5.6 on an acer laptop. I have my hdd partitioned to OSX Extended (journaled) / NTFS.

When i run uname -a it says i have kernel 9.2.0. What do I do in this case, as I only see solutions for 9.5.0/9.6.0

also, why would a fresh install of 10.5.6 install 9.2.0 kernel? Thanx in advance for any advice.

Hello,

I said exactly what you said. I also was installed Seatbelt in the first place. However i can open Adium, Firefox, Gimmesometune, etc. But can't open Last.fm, iscrobbler and other smaller stuff. I guess this is about the size of the DMGs but i'm not sure.

Can you help me about it?

Hey everyone, I've got something peculiar here...

my uname -a shows:

Darwin users-macbook-pro.local 9.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.7.0: Tue Mar 31 22:52:17 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1228.12.14~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

So, I have kernel 9.7.0, but I don't see any seatbelt.kext for kernel 9.7.0. I've googled all over the place! I've also tried seatbelt.kext from 9.5.0 and 9.6.0 with no avail.

I don't even know how I was updated to the 9.7.0 kernel. I started off with 9.5.0. Anyway, can someone point me to some instructions for the 9.7.0 fix? or if I should downgrade, which should I downgrade to (and how, if possible!!).

I'm using a Dell XPS M1330 (T9300, Dell N, 8400m gs). iAtkos 5i -> 10.5.7 combo update.

Thanks everyone. Very big help

*The error I get when I mount dmg's is the screen where it says "You need to restart your computer" with the backdrop graying the rest of the screen.

*I've also tried the seatbelt.kext version 107.12. same problem... :(

***I reapplied 10.5.7 and mounting seems fine with 9.7.0. I've uploaded my seatbelt.kext 107.12 that works ( seems to be the same as the older one, but might not be ).

**Now, I've also tried Voodoo's 9.7.0 and it doesn't work. As of now, I'm on the 9.5.0 kernel, mounting my dmg just fine. Any help on 9.7.0 installation would be great.

*Attached are my seatbelt.kext and system.kext (obviously NOT working for my setup).

seatbelt.kext.zip

System.kext.zip

seatbeltWORKING.kext.zip

Hello all,

I'm having the same problem, can't mount .dgm files.

I have kernel 9.6 using Ideneb 10.5.6.

I already installed the new Seatbelt for kernel 9.6 but when I try to mount dmg files, it locks leopard and it shows a restart warning. All I can do from here is to restart...

After restart, I try to mount dmg files, but it shows again the restar page... and locks the entire PC...

Any help please... I cand install new software...

Thanks...

If you are sudo and you do not close the Terminal window typing:
mkdir /backup/Seatbelt

should not give that error.

Try the commands again in a fresh window and then take a screenshot and post it. Command+Shift 3 will take a screenshot

Uhhh... I have no idea whats going on now. Keeps saying Permission Denied.

Here's a Screen Cap.

Picture2.png

• 2 weeks later...