Asus P5N7A-VM

DiaboliK

1,296 posts in this topic

Does HDMI audio work on this?

from what is written in this thraed, no, signal64 seems to be woking on it and maybe at one point in the future it will be working

btw i'm back on diaboliK setup, with his dst.dsl ditd fo 4 cores, forced to compile and with frodokennys old hda. something related to sleep and shutdown wasn't woking as poper as it seemed.

don't know. right now it's woking vry stable again but it's still somehow a construcion site :D

Does HDMI audio work on this?

After setting it all up i see the main chipsets output options. I selected Digital out but it shows a grayed out volume bar.

2hh3eac.png

I also added all of frodos modded audio kexts and checked permissions.

Do i have to use lineout or SPDIF?

Im trying to get this working for my new comp i have a 47" LG attached to my comp with just the HDMI cable :/

Thks :D

When you have selected Digital Out in Sound preferences, Volume bar will always be greyed out. You can't control the Digital Out volume, that's normal. You can control it in the different applications you use or with your receiver's volume control.

Use the SPDIF out to your receiver (or TV).

Another working System over here:

Asus P5n7A-VM

Core 2 Duo e6300

4GB RAM (2* 2GB Kingston QVL RAM)

500 GB Western Digital SATA Harddrive

I installed from the iPC 10.5.6 Final Release.....just the base system without any extras. Then i had to put Diaboliks DSDT file into root directory install audio kext's and nvkush from another mac... THen the system started like a charm and i can use everything fine. Only Restart and PowerOff sometimes doesn't work correctly but i think this is not a big problem.

Amazing to me how well Sleep mode is working :rolleyes:

Greetings

I still have the problem of usbehci

obviously I cannot disable on bios the usbcontroller

and I can't disable the legacy (infact I tried to, but no hdd was founded at boot until startup is completed)

the only thing I can do is switch from HiSpeed to fullSpeed.

in FullSpeed (12mbps instead of 480) I have a random boot from external usb drive. I have also the EHCI (uim and take ownership) errors, and the system is very slow due to boot from an external device!

in Hispeed:

Boot from external stops after the damn EHCI errors.. and doesn't continue with the got root device from blablabla.

If I boot from sata internal is ok.. but no external usb is detected!!! log sys is blank.. hardware Growler shows no flash about a usb drive plugged in!

I use your DSDT (last diabolik one)

then.. shall I manage to downgrade DSDT or change some strings?

Hi there,

I'm back, with some issues.

My System right now:

p5n7a-vm bios 5.0.8

e8300 dual core

4 GB ram Kingston (2x2Gb)

1x SATA 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 w/ VISTA

1xSATA 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 w/OS X 10.5.6 (External, eSata connection)

I followed Frodokenny's suggestions (post #384), with a Vanilla system, and Chameleon 2.0, using last HDA's and dsdl.asl (post #355).

No Disabler nor OpenHaltRestart, just AppleDecrypt in SLE.

The first boot took forever to load ( I guess it was recaching kext's), but once running is rock solid and fast.

Dual boot is working pefect with ahci on both systems.

My only concern is that sleep and shutdown is not working propperly. (On shutdown, Fans keep spinning and the whole system doesn't power off; on Sleep, it just freezes while powering off).

I've tryed removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, but it doesn't seem to help.

USB in BIOS is at FullSpeed. I haven't tried turning legacy off cause I don't have a PS/2 kb to set it back on.

Any idea?

Thanks!

My only concern is that sleep and shutdown is not working propperly. (On shutdown, Fans keep spinning and the whole system doesn't power off; on Sleep, it just freezes while powering off).

if you can live with stereo out try the diabolik dsdt (clean all extensions you have added fom frodokennys list) and use the first frodo hda from ufdahs guide (linked in first post)

if you need four cores you have to compile it yourself after editing (or if you request i upload the compiled and editd one)

appledecrypt; diasabler, openhalt, frodokennys first hda, thats what i'm now running rock solid but only with stereo and digital out

oh

and that can solve shutdown issues? me too have the same problems.. shutdown is really a sleep in fact mu lcd report the phrase: going into sleep mode!

and no way to power off except for the 4sec button

oh

and that can solve shutdown issues? me too have the same problems.. shutdown is really a sleep in fact mu lcd report the phrase: going into sleep mode!

and no way to power off except for the 4sec button

yep, with my box it was sometimes not enough to do the atx power off, i had to pull the plug to get the machine up again (and then reconfiguring the bios) somehow wierd that sometimes it woked and sometimes not.

with the setup i descibed above it's now always woking like it should

ok. then you mean about 'audio working' stereo or four cores.

is that true?

or that solve slowly usb full speed ?

i consider to review the dsdt.. because it's not a good idea to downgrade in bios the speed of usb only to detect properly every kind of usb-drive?

do you agree with me?

if you can live with stereo out try the diabolik dsdt (clean all extensions you have added fom frodokennys list) and use the first frodo hda from ufdahs guide (linked in first post)

Woah... that's a no-no for me. I'm using the computer as a HTPC with PLEX, and most of my movies and tv shows are 5.1. I couldn't live without my spdif!!! lol ;-)

if you need four cores you have to compile it yourself after editing (or if you request i upload the compiled and editd one)

Thanks for the offer eject, but my cpu is a core 2 duo (e8300). Afaik, it doesn't have 4 cores...

I guess I'll have to stay with my setup and wait for a fix...

as osx being the only os on my setup, i dont have to worry about legacy usb or ps/2 bull$hit, nor windows not being in ahci.

thus sleep and everything else works.

-D-

LOL :D:D:D

I wish I could stick just with OSX, but my XP is holding my DVB-T tuner, and my Bluray player.

I really really hate windows... but...

Anyway, thanks Frodo & Diabolik 4 your hard work! You rock!

T.

spdif works, but only one line out is working

and it's not all line out or four cores, i just ment that if you want four cpu cores than you have to edit and compile diaboliks dsdt yourself, or use fodos dsdt and have buggy sleep and shut down.

don't care for windows either, i have parallels, thats enough for me. and usb works hispeed in osx if set to full speed in bios. i don't boot fom usb

as osx being the only os on my setup, i dont have to worry about legacy usb or ps/2 bull$hit, nor windows not being in ahci.

ok diabolik

my need is not to boot from usb

1) the usb is the 'dafault' backup.. when I do a damage.. I boot with clone MAC OS on USB!

2) the performance using hi speed are obviously. the second way is to disable legacy? but how can I use 2 ps2 device (mouse and keyboard) if I have only 1 ps2 connector? and.. why leave a world of more suitable usb deviceas? (think that now ps2 is going to be obsolete.. .)

3) i havent undestood. .if i disable controller AHCI I'll have usb working fine? now my ahci works fine!

with your dsdt my only problems are EHCI/Shutdown. other is cool and perfect! The only strangeness is that EHCI return the above errors (uim etc..) in LOW SPEED but.. works! in HI speed the system seems that doesn't hear any plug into the usb.. maybe i thing that the override of dsdt can be changed for better solution!

4) is not necessary to have vista or 7.. but those 2 os boot fine in every conditions.. but I desire to use osx.. and now osx is not completely installed!

2) the performance using hi speed are obviously. the second way is to disable legacy? but how can I use 2 ps2 device (mouse and keyboard) if I have only 1 ps2 connector? and.. why leave a world of more suitable usb deviceas? (think that now ps2 is going to be obsolete.. .)

I think that disabling usb legacy only disables the usb access until the os is booted. Once your 10.5.6 is fuly loaded, you will have full USB support.

PS/2 Kboard will be needed just in case you want to do anything before the OS, like Chameleon menus and so. (thus, before the os is loaded). However BIOS will still be accessible with a usb keyboard.

Correct me if I'm wrong!!

T.

ok

I confirm that removing disabler the system is working fine and it shutdown correctly

also the restart works fine

now i read all the topics.. from last to 1st. then I tried to apply another bios.. 504 mod from another forum.. but i didn't see visible changes! mah. returned to 504 original one.

actually i stop.. because the 2 partitions with vista and seven won't boot. in the past every time the mbr and boot manager changes I started with a paragon2k9.. corrected letters in each OS registry (bcd and registry assign a letter (es. C: to a partition so BCD only contain the C:\position to WINLOAD.exe)

but since yesterday the 2 os won't start anymore.

and removed the 2 partitions.. started the vista setup.. it see (in sata or ahci doesn't matter) the hdd.. it see 2 partition free.. but say: can't find valid properties for the selected hdd. mah.. bad days!!

I also restored vista backup.. launched dvd.. to do a restore.. but dvd won't recognize the partition that contain vista.

Anitanium,

Have you had a chance to put the instructions for a retail install together for this board?

TIA.

my instructions would pretty much be redundant to diabolik's or frodokenny's

but for me, i'd recommend using an existing installation of osx

then use the 10.5.6 retail disk and install onto another hdd or partition

install pc-efi or other bootloader

install dsdt

set bios to USB legacy disabled

SATA to AHCI

that should pretty much get you set up and started

probably missed something in between, but nothing a few searches in this thread can't fix

it's a rock solid setup for me and i'm using it as my daily computer since i've had it

occasional windows stuff, i've switched to VMware fusion, only because windows live webcam works perfectly, parallels has some trouble in that regard

my instructions would pretty much be redundant to diabolik's or frodokenny's

OK, I'll try to sort it out using theirs.

but for me, i'd recommend using an existing installation of osx

then use the 10.5.6 retail disk and install onto another hdd or partition

This is what I'm unclear about. Do I need a 10.5.6 Installer DVD or can I use a 10.5.2 (or other) Installler DVD, then follow up with the 10.5.6 Combo Updater from Apple?

btw i'm back on diaboliK setup, with his dst.dsl ditd fo 4 cores, forced to compile and with frodokennys old hda. something related to sleep and shutdown wasn't woking as poper as it seemed.

I've tryed removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, but it doesn't seem to help.

It is possible to mix and match solutions: my kexts with DiaboliK's dsdt for example. Or use my latest (Legacy)AppleHDA kexts on a stable system to get full audio. I don't know if DiaboliK's dsdt includes HDEF, otherwise also add HDAEnabler. This way, it might give some clue about what is causing the sleep and shutdown to break...

It is possible to mix and match solutions: my kexts with DiaboliK's dsdt for example. Or use my latest (Legacy)AppleHDA kexts on a stable system to get full audio. I don't know if DiaboliK's dsdt includes HDEF, otherwise also add HDAEnabler. This way, it might give some clue about what is causing the sleep and shutdown to break...

i've tried yesterday your solution with no improvements.

i'm sure that acpi-dsdt are absolutely connected.

yesterday on my laptop i tried to change dsdt with little changes catched from diabolik posts.. and the boot (with appleacpiplatform original) didn's start!! It give me a kernel panic saying that tie iokit acpi was not fouded and after few changes again .. it starts but ehci uim error!! ta daaah!! the same as I have in p5n7a-vm with bios usb hi speed!

Thanks everyone that has posted on here. I now have a (nearly) fully working HTPC mac running Plex and it is the first computer I've ever put together. I say nearly because my fans are still runnning when I shutdown via OSX and have to turn it off by the PSU. However, I am using an old case, and case fans, so think this could be the problem.

Problems I encountered during this were firstly getting it all set up then hanging when I restarted - cured by booting into -f as posted in this forum then random kernel panics which I found out was due to having 4gb of RAM and an IDE harddrive. Again thanks to info on here I managed to get this sorted.

Best advice I could give anyone is to read this whole thread. It may be 22 pages long but issues you'll encounter are probably answered in here somewhere.

Thanks again