iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 Intel DVD

eren70

427 posts in this topic

I am a noob at OSx86. I would like some help with what drivers to choose, I primarily need help with getting the internet working, one of the other or both(ethernet, wireless)These are my specs:

ALIENWARE AREA-51 M5550

ALIENWARE AREA-51M 5550 R3 15.4" WUXGA

INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.00GHZ T7200 4MB 667MHZ(

(RAM slot 1)Kingston 2GB DDR2 PC5300 SODIMM

(RAM slot 2)Kingston 2GB DDR2 PC5300 SODIMM

FUJITSU 60GB 5400RPM SATA NCQ

OPTIARC 8X DVD+/-RW NEC AD-5540A

5550 NVIDIA GO 6600 256MB DDR1 MXM2

Built in Realtek Ethernet (Model: RTL8139)

INTEL PRO WIRELESS 3945 A/B/G MINI-CARD LEAD-FREE

INTEL MOBILE INTEGRATED HIGH-DEFINITION AUDIO --------------- (I actual copied my Specs from my invoice off my hive

on alienware support site, this is what was their,

although i'm pretty sure its Realtek hd audio because

thats what driver it uses on windows)

________________________________________________________________________________

So first I tried to install ToH x86 9A581 OS x 10.5 RC2 SSE3/SSE2

Everything, in which I mean my hardware functioning currently, worked except: my ethernet, wireless internet, internal speakers, and the audio out jack did not work

I Also Tried Kalyway 10.5.2:

Same as with ToH results exept my audio out also worked

So I decided to try iAtKOS 5i:

Everything except, my, ethernet, wirelss, internal keyboard, audio out, internal speakers, work.

I have heard that iATKOS are the best OSx86 builds. If there is a better build for my laptop then I would like to know. Also, my laptop can rund 64-bit so that would be an added bonus. So I would like to get everything working, primarly my internet, wireless and or ethernet, working. then my audio and my internal keyboard. I am a noob to this so I really am just reading the descriptions in the custimization in the ninstaller and guessing the right one. I highly apreciate any help I get.

Can anyone give me a hand. I keep installing but after the installation it reboots and never loads the OS. I'm having trouble finding the right combination of selections to choose.

I have a Asrock ConroeXFire-Esata - Motherboard

For Video Card I have a 7300GT

For chip I a Pentium D 3.2Ghz along with 4gb of Ram

and a 250gb Sata drive

Does this release work on nforce chipsets or is it just for intel? I have a P5N32-e plus, it installs fine, but freezes during bootup, I dont seem to be able to issue a -v to see what its crashing on?

Is this because of cameleon? as when I was using EFI-8 on my 10.5.4 install I could press any key and then issue boot commands.

What do I need to do to get this working? Am I correct in thinking because I have an nForce chipset I will never be able to run vanillia kernal and update via Apple??

If someone could answer these questions it would be great as these are the "holes" in my knowledge of all this at the moment :wub:

Tested on MSI PR 200x with modified BIOS by Kabyl.

AHCI disabled in BIOS.

GPT partitioned HDD.

Options Selected:

- PC EFI V9

- AppleDecrypt

- SMBIOS Enablers (ALL)

- SMBIOS for X86 - NONE

- 9.5.0 Kernel Voodoo

- Stock ACPI modified

- Disabler.kext

- PS/2

- OHR

- X3100

- EFI string for Intel

- Intel SATA

- Intel Speedstep b

- Laptop Battery

- NTFS-3G

Video Card work very good.

Sound works OOB - only outputs

LAN - OOB

Bluethoth - OOB

WLAN - OOB (changed with Atheros 5006G)

Sleep, restart shutdown - work fine now !

Thanks for that distro. I'm happy now :( . Sorry for my bad english :wacko:

Iatkos is the best version OSx86 ever.

I installed succesfuly on my one laptop LG X110 (intel Atom) with below options

PC EFI V9

dsmos

SMBIOS Resolver

APIC driver

Remove PowerManagnebt.kext

Intel SATA + AHCI SATA

NFS-3G

Realtec R1000

Everything works fine expect wireless (Realctec 8751SE) and IGH fals (Vga 945) but i m looking out

for solution. I order from ebay a wirelles card Dell-1490 (Broadcom chip) and just waiting to try it.

I have problem with my second laptop Dell XPS M1330 with above options from setup

After install i get the message

Mac Os version: not yet set

I tried with option cpus=1 whithout results

What is wrong? icon_redface.gif

Thank you uphuck you are the best..

pc_efi v9

Kernel 9.5

SMBIOS (tried with all the "enablers" no classic x86 ones)

and VGA (x3100)

and SATA

Installation went fine, the only problem is that when the introductions comes it says:

"before you begin... There's no keyboard connected to your computer. Please connect your Keyboard"

How to fix this?? Someone can help me?

i've a HP 6510B, worked well with Iatkos4i

I had the same prob with LG X110.

Resolved after check APIC driver from ACPI oprions

Will there be a iAtkos 5a for AMD coming as well?

And is there any reason this distro(iAtkos 5i) wouldn´t work on AMD, if you choose the voodoo 9.5 kernel?

Ztardust

I was wondering exactly the same thing - has anyone tried iATKOS 5i on an AMD box just to see how far it gets?

it includes 9.5.0 Kernel from Voodoo, Beta 2c, There is a new release candidate voodoo kernel version, I want to update it, but "custom" is selected on the com.apple.Boot.plist file under /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, where should I place the updated kernel?

it includes 9.5.0 Kernel from Voodoo, Beta 2c, There is a new release candidate voodoo kernel version, I want to update it, but "custom" is selected on the com.apple.Boot.plist file under /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, where should I place the updated kernel?

Rename it as "custom" and replace/backup the one is already on your root with that name.

The "custom" naming will help you, as original kernels will not overwrite the one you are using on an Apple update.

Hi m8's,

I have been trying to install this version from iAtkos, but somehow, are unable to find the right options. Each time I make an Install, when the system reboots, it goes back to the install process. I must be missing something…

Can somebody help me finding the right options please?

Thanks a million.

Enzo1

My sys. Specs are:

Mobo: Asus P5E-VM HDMI

CPU: Quad Core Q6600 at 2,4

RAM: 8 Gb DDR2 FSB800

Graphic Card: Saphire ATI Rageon HD 2600pro pcie

One HD 500Gb with two partitions, the first partition with iDeneb Mac OSX86 10.5.5 (the problem is I only get one core working – Vanilla Kernel) and a second partition for OS tests.

One HD with Windows Vista 64 bits Ultimate

I used PC_Efi V9 wich uses external kexts feature, the /Extra/Extensions folder is created when I install iAktos v5, on finder icon, rigth button, Go to folder, then write /Extra/Extensions and you will see some kexts actually over there, but even if I copy / paste some custom kexts, the system wont recognize them even if I boot with -v -f flags, can anyone please help us to load external extension with the real mac update feature?

Iatkos is NOT the best!! Try KALAWAY first and then you guys will see that this Iatkos is j...

No idea why are you saying here that Iatkos is THE BEST, hmmm.

I can also say iAtkos is the best! I try every distro like, Kalyway, Leo4All, JaS and the best one for me is iAtkos!

Rename it as "custom" and replace/backup the one is already on your root with that name.

The "custom" naming will help you, as original kernels will not overwrite the one you are using on an Apple update.

Hi,

sorry my english is not so good and i don´t understand exactly what to do!

Is this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=138420 the right one?

Must i rename "this" (downloaded) kernel and where exactly must i place the new "renamed" kernel?

thanx a lot

-Download the latest 9.5.0 based kernel on http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/

-Unzip on Root "/" the mach_kernel.voodoo file.

-on Finder "GO" "Utilities" "Terminal"

-Run the following "sudo -su" and type your account password, "cd /", "mv -f mach_kernel.voodoo custom", "chmod 644 custom"

Hello diablonet,

please be patient with me...

i need a step by step tutorial for this because i don´t know how to find the root directory and how must exactly the kernel name.

I opened the mach kernel but didn´t know where i must rename! I think this was the wrong way?

No problem to use terminal.

Thanx a lot

Finally!

First time i can use GUID partition and PC EFI v9.

But..

Why is Airport Utility app corrupt?

I had to download that from Apple.

How come the desktopbackground, terminal, and iconsizes are not set to default values?

Other then that, its the first time i bothered using iATKOS.

I hope the next version will have more soundcard drivers, and if possible, make it 100% factory default in setting and Aurora background. ;)

Wich iAtkos do you have installed?

i use the new iAtkos 5i

Finally!

First time i can use GUID partition and PC EFI v9.

But..

Why is Airport Utility app corrupt?

I had to download that from Apple.

How come the desktopbackground, terminal, and iconsizes are not set to default values?

Other then that, its the first time i bothered using iATKOS.

I hope the next version will have more soundcard drivers, and if possible, make it 100% factory default in setting and Aurora background. ;)

Congratulations!

Have you an Airport kompatible Hardware?

What you mean about desktopbackground and the others with default values?

You can change everything to make it 100% factory default but why...many others make it personality.

I think it is too much to include all the drivers for every machine - you can fix this with a lot of help here in the community.

i use the new iAtkos 5i

Congratulations!

Have you an Airport kompatible Hardware?

What you mean about desktopbackground and the others with default values?

You can change everything to make it 100% factory default but why...many others make it personality.

I think it is too much to include all the drivers for every machine - you can fix this with a lot of help here in the community.

No i don´t, but its not corrupt in any other release, and i don´t see why it should be in this one. I know, im a detail freak, but i think if something can be much nicer and better, then it should be made so. :wacko:

I mean that it would be nice if all values and graphics would be default like the original, and like most other releases.

I think the users should personalize the looks, not the developers. The same goes with iconsizes and other values.

Its just unnecessary extra work as i see it.

I understand you can´t put every driver in it, but most Sigmatel drivers would be nice.

It would be great if those small detail things could be adressed. Thanx for the release! :D