HP dv5t-1000 CTO OSX86 installation guide

RaidenII

47 posts in this topic

if u have 9600m gt and want vga (dual display) to work and mirroring (rare) i can give u my nvkush kexts that work and support the drive better then nvdarwin does. just pm me if u need the kext. but i know this kext works the attached kexts in raidens guide.

dv5-1199ef and no major problem with 10.5.6

The sleep mode seems to have an issue. I can only wake up the pc with a click of an external mouse? Is it work for you ?

The suspend activity has also a problem, the screen become black, but the laptop doesn't stop

if u have 9600m gt and want vga (dual display) to work and mirroring (rare) i can give u my nvkush kexts that work and support the drive better then nvdarwin does. just pm me if u need the kext. but i know this kext works the attached kexts in raidens guide.

Thanks man. I ended up extracting the new Nvidia kexts from the 10.5.6 update and everything works fine with nvdarwin. HDMI out is awesome. No IDT sound yet....that's another story.

here is my nvkush that is fully working, QE/CI, dual display, and even mirroring for raiden and others

Where did you find this nvkush? Or did you add the extra entries that enable the VGA out? If so how did you learn to do this? I am interested in learning more

This also works on my Dell Precision M4400 with the Quadro FX 770M

Thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am having problems getting iDenb, iPC, leo4all, and kaly to work on my dv5t-1000. I cannot get it to boot into mac to install so I am not able to install .kexts in the mac os. Is there and easy way to edit my .iso in xp or vista before installing it to a partition? I always get to either a firewire, ps2trackpad, or other part in the boot and it ends the loading and "waits for root device." any info would be appreciated.

Hi there, I can't find IOSDHCIBLOCKDEVICE.KEXT anywhere, is not in your packet, a googled it and found sourceforge but it tells me that the download is unavaliable,

Include it on your packet please...

Thanks in advice

• 1 month later...
here is my nvkush that is fully working, QE/CI, dual display, and even mirroring for raiden and others

I tried your NVKush, and also NVDarwin, OSX86 Tools' EFI image for custom GeForce, and 4 or 5 other methods I found on the web, but I still get no QE/CI.

This is what I get from System Profiler:

Chipset Model:	I Can Has Model?
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	512 MB
 Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:	0x065c
 Revision ID:	0x00a1
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1440 x 900
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Software
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported
Display Connector:

Funny enough, when I try to install Final Cut 6 it says it requires QE and 64MB Vram, and that my card has 0MB Vram.

BTW, my graphics cards is a NVidia Quadro FX 770. It has a GeForce 9600M chipset, right? That is what I read online.

gm

• 3 weeks later...

look guys if my nvkush.kext doesnt work for you its because your device id for your gfx card is different then mine. all you have to do is navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/Nvkush.kext/info.plist and add your device id next to mine (064910de). you should add your device id under iopciprimary match i believe, get the app plist edit pro if needed, if you have the 9600mgt you should be adding a number such as ####10de where the #### are the 4 digit device id for your card.

if you cant boot after installing and you get the waiting for root device its because you didnt check the ichx fix under customize before installing and if you cant boot after installing and it just hangs but doesnt say waiting for root device its because you didnt follow the guide on the first page where it says boot with -s blah blah blah. follow everything on the first page but use my nvkush.kext if the nvdarwin doesnt work.

also if my nvkush works but you dont get QE/CI make sure your nvdan50.kext has the correct device ids in info.plist and if none of this works i suggest going into the insanelymac irc chat and ask for help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If audio is giving problems after waking from sleep, upgrade your bios. I'm currently using a dv7 with this kext pack and everything is working 100% except wifi. I used iAtkos v7, the only driver I selected was the that says usb, if I remember correctly.

• 2 months later...

Note: Using the AppleHDA kext in this thread I had a problem with my audio. When I put headphones in audio played in both my headphones and out of the speakers, which of course was not desirable.

I fixed this by removing the Headphone key's MuteGPIO lines in the kext's Info.plist:

<key>Headphone</key>
                           <dict>
                               <key>AmpPostDelay</key>
                               <integer>150</integer>
                               <key>AmpPreDelay</key>
                               <integer>150</integer>
                               [b]<key>MuteGPIO</key>[/b]
                               [b]<integer>0</integer>[/b]
                           </dict>

Remove both the bolded lines.

Does anyone have suspend working properly? For me it simply blackens my screen, but my keyboard lights remain on and it doesn't go into suspend mode completely.

Hey all. Just an FYI, my laptop (dv5t-1000) is gonna lose its freebie Win7 RC in March (when the RC ends nationally). I'm seriously pondering the idea of readdressing this laptop's OS issue with an install of SL in the near future. I'm going to try the DSDT option and then patch things accordingly. If anyone has a DSDT file already compiled for this laptop, I would be most appreciative! That would save me alot of work and I would also be able to try and help with other issues that we're all experiencing with this machine. PM me if you can help. Thanks!

*It didn't dawn on me until after posting this that this thread is for 10.5. I may start a new thread for this machine in the 10.6 area.*

• 2 months later...

Update... I have a dv7-1175nr and I wanted to increase the size of the hard drive on the Mac side of the dual boot. Well, I had a major problem and the Mac partition became unrecognized with the error:

Boot0: done

Boot0: MBR

I had to get a Mac service recover the hard drive and then I reformatted and started from scratch (cost me $200- since I didn't back-up). After recovering from that frustrating event, I decided to see if I could upgrade to a new version of OS X and I found the iDeben v1.4 10.5.6 and I HIGHLY recommend it. It seems much more compatible with my Hackintosh. The internal microphone works now and I can get the webcam to work with some applications. Here is a link to the install guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=159348

My install was as follows:

Audio-> IDT

Chipset -> ICHx Fixed

Ethernet -> RealtekR1000

AppleSMBIOS-> MacBook

IOUSBFamily Fix

BatteryManager

PowerOff Fix

PowerOff_Open Halt Restart

GenericCPUMControl

NVDarwin 512MB

Then you need to install USB fix (see links on the install guide)

Then NVDIA 9xxx

I also decided I wanted wifi to work on my laptop and I realized I needed to replace the Wi-Fi Link 5100AGN card with another card. The Broadcom 4312MCG Wireless mini PCI 802.11B/G WiFi Adapter (Barolo) works with mine:

http://www.getpartsonline.com/459263-001.html

This will show if you are compatible with it but I bought mine at Compuvest.com

It was easy to install just needed Philips head #0x3" screw driver. Be careful because the screws on the laptop are easily stripped. You need a good quality screw driver.

Also you need to install the Broadcom_802.11n.pkg driver:

http://rapidshare.com/files/280405923/Broadcom_802.11n.pkg

I hope it helps you!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...