VoodooPS2Trackpad

VoodooPower

VoodooEHCI

Drivers: Audio -> IDT

Chipset -> ICHx Fixed

Network -> Ethernet -> RTL8169/RTL8111

Network -> Wireless -> Broadcom

Video -> Nvidia -> NVDarwin

2. Install the kext pack here, fix following stuffs: http://www.mediafire.com/?ywjjdj4mmmi

VoodooPS2Controller (fix ~ key problem, using alt as command key)

NVDarwin (Enable VGA output)

AppleACPIBatteryMeter (Correct battery meter)

IOUSBFamily+VoodooEHCI (fixing USB sleep)

SleepEnabler+Remove disabler.kext (enabling sleep)

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (CPU throttling)

AppleSMBIOS (SMBIOS)

RTGMac 2.0.4 (Latest LAN Driver)

Chameleon rc4 and Boot Camp Theme

3. Install iDeneb 10.5.8 Combo Update. After finished, DO NOT reboot immediately.

Right click on iDeneb 10.5.8 Toolkit, Show package contents, Find remove kernel.pkg and install it.

Reboot.

4. (Optional) Change stuffs back to original Mac

Copy Aurora.jpg to /Library/Desktop Pictures/Nature

Copy MacOSX.tif to /System/Library/Coreservices/loginwindow.app/Content/Resources

Copy SMBIOS.plist to /Extra

Delete /System/Library/Coreservices/DefaultPicture.jpg

Sorry for the hassle, but how does one install the CMFSupport_fix? I have googled and can't find anything.

Also, I found that the "About this Mac" info displays my CPU as 1.6 rather than 2.53, I have installed the About this Mac fix but this hasn't seemed to work.

Would you be able to assist?

Regards

Sorry for the hassle, but how does one install the CMFSupport_fix? I have googled and can't find anything.

Also, I found that the "About this Mac" info displays my CPU as 1.6 rather than 2.53, I have installed the About this Mac fix but this hasn't seemed to work.

Would you be able to assist?

Regards

Just drag CFMSupport to /System/Library to overwrite the original one.

I don't know why yours doesn't work, it works perfectly on my laptop. Maybe you need to update the BIOS? (If you are using dv5t) HP released new BIOS recently which added microcode support to many CPUs.

ps: If you finished installation of sound, plz tell me whether that works after wakeup.

Just drag CFMSupport to /System/Library to overwrite the original one.

I don't know why yours doesn't work, it works perfectly on my laptop. Maybe you need to update the BIOS? (If you are using dv5t) HP released new BIOS recently which added microcode support to many CPUs.

ps: If you finished installation of sound, plz tell me whether that works after wakeup.

Well I have a dv7-1003tx, and yes I am on the older bios, so I'll update that first and then retry.

In regards to sound, I don't actually have that working yet.

I've tried age_sabres18's kexts, as well as yours and I still get

"no devices" for either input or output in the System Preferences.

Without wanting to bombard you here:

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 03)

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x103C30F4

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Microphone:

Connection: Internal

Speaker:

Microphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

I've read a lot, edited kexts, and installed the kexts with both OSX86tools and Kext Helper because I thought I may have been installing incorrectly. I'm a bit lost really.

Any tips?

Cheers

Well I have a dv7-1003tx, and yes I am on the older bios, so I'll update that first and then retry.

In regards to sound, I don't actually have that working yet.

I've tried age_sabres18's kexts, as well as yours and I still get

"no devices" for either input or output in the System Preferences.

Without wanting to bombard you here:

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 03) [/size]

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x103C30F4

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Microphone:

Speaker:

Microphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

I've read a lot, edited kexts, and installed the kexts with both OSX86tools and Kext Helper because I thought I may have been installing incorrectly. I'm a bit lost really.

Any tips?

Cheers

It seems that your card is not the same as mine so my kexts might not work properly on yours. See here for help: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127227

Thank you RaidenII's Tut for installing osx86 10.5.5. Sound card and networks card work. I still can't get my GF 9600M GT works. can you give more detail on installing kexts and NVDarwin. Thank you very much.

Enter the single user mode, delete any kexts existed there, install kexts I offered, and install NVDarwin. Don't reboot until rebuilt the cache and repaired permissions. That might work. If not, you got to reinstall iDeneb and try again. (I don't know why but this might work; I reinsalled iDeneb for 7 times for that)

Ok thanks for that, it seems that I might have to setup my own config.

Just to clarify my device id (from windows) is ..293e8086, I remember xyrtao saying that the device ids in System Profile are nonsense.

I doubt I have a different sound card as the other DV7 users.

I'll have to do some research on NVDarwin.

Cheers

It seems that your card is not the same as mine so my kexts might not work properly on yours. See here for help: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127227

Enter the single user mode, delete any kexts existed there, install kexts I offered, and install NVDarwin. Don't reboot until rebuilt the cache and repaired permissions. That might work. If not, you got to reinstall iDeneb and try again. (I don't know why but this might work; I reinsalled iDeneb for 7 times for that)

Ok thanks for that, it seems that I might have to setup my own config.

Just to clarify my device id (from windows) is ..293e8086, I remember xyrtao saying that the device ids in System Profile are nonsense.

I doubt I have a different sound card as the other DV7 users.

I'll have to do some research on NVDarwin.

Cheers

We have the same HDA Controller but not the sound card.

Maybe yours is not 92HD71B7.

oh bada$$! i just recently bought a dv5t and it's a sweet laptop but i have no audio or wifi. i configured mine on HP's site and i opted for the wireless-g instead of intel so from the manual, my broadcom is supported...just need to get it working now. i'll add my specs to my sig sometime this week. thanks guys for this excellent guide! ;)

btw, i'm using iDeneb 10.5.5...webcam and kb/mouse worked OOB unlike JaS 10.5.4

We have the same HDA Controller but not the sound card.

Maybe yours is not 92HD71B7.

Sorry RaidenII but in order for me to figure out all this Hardware & Device ID mumbo jumbo, could you post me a screen shot of where you look for your sound card - 92HD71B7? Is it in a Windows - Device Manager or OSX System Profiler?

Cheers

Sorry RaidenII but in order for me to figure out all this Hardware & Device ID mumbo jumbo, could you post me a screen shot of where you look for your sound card - 92HD71B7? Is it in a Windows - Device Manager or OSX System Profiler?

Cheers

Sorry I made a mistake. 92HD71B7 is the model name I detected with Everest.

The devid is 111D76B2.

In Device Manager-Sound-IDT HDA Codec-Details-Hardware Ids

post-249568-1227024013_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the image, here's mine:

deviceaj2.th.jpgthpix.gif

It's the same except for : SUBSYS_103C30F4.

Unless there is something else, I guess I have to setup my own PinConfig...I read something about that, it looked pretty complicated.

Cheers

Sorry I made a mistake. 92HD71B7 is the model name I detected with Everest.

The devid is 111D76B2.

In Device Manager-Sound-IDT HDA Codec-Details-Hardware Ids

Thanks for the image, here's mine:

deviceaj2.th.jpgthpix.gif

It's the same except for : SUBSYS_103C30F4.

Unless there is something else, I guess I have to setup my own PinConfig...I read something about that, it looked pretty complicated.

Cheers

Yeah I think you need to modify the pinconfig.

dude you are a god! i have been trying for weeks to get 10.5.5 working on my dv5t i tried every damn configuration i could think of and none of them worked and then i tumbled across your post and its working finally. one question though, what tempature does your comp usually run at? mine is running at 105 degress Farenheit and i am thinking that is really high but im not sure.

hey raiden thanx for you guide man. everything you said worked for me except that the sound doesnt work on wakeup, but also my sound plays through the speakers and headphones at a lower volume when i plug headphones in, does this/did this happen to you? if so what did you do to fix it?

edit: i got this problem fixed using the link in this post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132495 i think its post #10 from sabres. just incase any1 else is having this problem try that kext

• 4 weeks later...

VGA Video Out - both screens go black & install guide...

This is a great install guide and I followed it with iDeneb 10.5.5 1.3 for a dv7 HP. I did find that I needed to check the IOUSBFamilyFix during the initial install to get USB to function. I tried reinstalling just the IOUSBFamilyFix and that was a BIG mistake. I had to reformat the hard drive and install again.

Also, this guide to getting VGA Video Out works with 9600 M GT card (otherwise both screens go black):

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry859248

I did find that PlistEditPro didn't work directly to the SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS so I:

1. made a copy of both NVinject.kext (and) NVinjectGo.kext (after installing NVinstaller v.52) to a folder on the desktop

2. changed the NVCAP value as per instructions

3. Then used Kext Helper 0.7 to install the kext.

4. Repaired permissions

5. Rebooted.

I hope it helps someone else.

-update-

I was having some problem with my system recognizing my CPU speed (everything said it was 1.2 Ghz when it was actually 2 Ghz. To fix the problem I installed: GenericCPUPowerManagement Kext (Use version 1.02, thanks for the tip ashivad!) and GenericCPUPowerManagement Application. Here is the link (site has a link to the download):

http://ipis-osx.wikidot.com/forum/t-106649...o-more-coolbook

I think you only need to install the kext but I didn't notice the change until after I followed all of the install instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

If any of you know anything about programming you might have better luck writing your own drivers.

Give a man a driver you have fed him for today. Teach a man to write drivers and you have fed him for a lifetime.

i know im a nerd. anyway. look at these. http://developer.apple.com/documentation/D...002365-BABJHCJA

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/D...002366-CIHECHHE

Hello all.... thanks for the guide Raiden I have the following question any help would be greatly appreciated I have the HP Dv5t 1000 cto ....

Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

- Intel® Core2 Duo Processor P7350 (2.0GHz)

- 15.4" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)

- FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

- 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS

- FREE Upgrade to 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

- Webcam Only

- HP Color Matching Keyboard

- Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth

- No Modem

- SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support

- HP Integrated HDTV Hybrid Tuner

- 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

Could i make a dual boot with vista 64 already installed so i can also boot into leopard from the same physical drive... will the tv tuner and video card work 9200gs work under osx if you can direct me to a tutorial on how to dual boot if possible i can follow yours thanks in advance.... :)

Hi! I've been trying to install the 9600m GT driver but after I reboot I get a message saying something about:

nvdarwin.kext wasn't installed properly. When I boot to -X everything seems OK, res is right - 1680 x 1050.

I've been spending hours trying to fix it. Mac OSX isn't that simple like they describe it to be.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys i'm stuck with a problem in my new hackbook (hp pavilion dv5-1170el.)

the problem i'm facing is with this damn Optiarc DVD RW AD-7561S SATA drive.

It forced me to install from an usb dvd rom since kept stopping at the still waiting for root device error plus it's not even recognized by leopard.

when i put it off the notebook System Profiler updates informations about Serial-ATA correctly showing my hard drive and the four port ich9 controller.

But with the Optiarc plugged Profiler says "There was an error while scanning for Serial-ATA devices"

So my question is that simple:

Which SATA DVD RW drive should i buy to make it work under leopard?

thanks.

Hi! I've been trying to install the 9600m GT driver but after I reboot I get a message saying something about:

nvdarwin.kext wasn't installed properly. When I boot to -X everything seems OK, res is right - 1680 x 1050.

I've been spending hours trying to fix it. Mac OSX isn't that simple like they describe it to be.

Any ideas?

Yep, make sure you're running 10.5.5 at least.

VGA Video Out - both screens go black & install guide...

This is a great install guide and I followed it with iDeneb 10.5.5 1.3 for a dv7 HP. I did find that I needed to check the IOUSBFamilyFix during the initial install to get USB to function. I tried reinstalling just the IOUSBFamilyFix and that was a BIG mistake. I had to reformat the hard drive and install again.

Also, this guide to getting VGA Video Out works with 9600 M GT card (otherwise both screens go black):

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry859248

I did find that PlistEditPro didn't work directly to the SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS so I:

1. made a copy of both NVinject.kext (and) NVinjectGo.kext (after installing NVinstaller v.52) to a folder on the desktop

2. changed the NVCAP value as per instructions

3. Then used Kext Helper 0.7 to install the kext.

4. Repaired permissions

5. Rebooted.

Thanks mikap1! That got my VGA going. But I used to have Quartz Extreme with NVdarwin and my 9600m GT 512MB (on an hp dv7-1270us ). Did you get QE with this setup?

Thanks