HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Hi juanerson, I've borrowed HP 550 laptop from my daughter again and installed Lion using your files just to check and, eventually, help testing C_states issue. Great work my friend. Smooth install everything working just like on Snow Leopard.

About c_states:

Boot info screen states that C_states implementation failed. Collbook shows normal speedster working. Here is my ioreg File:

http://dl.dropbox.co...s%20MacBook.zip

P.S.

Seems that HP 550 run hotter. 74 C on harder tasks or maybe Istat menus (free version) shows higher results. I remember blackch had a solution on this but It was long ago I was using this laptop and forgot almost everything about it.

EDIT:

Occasionally freezing (screen, not mouse) using Thirdsmile patched kexts (Brightness fix)

Brightness patch for 10.5.8 Framebuffer kext(from here) - same as for 10.6 and 10.7.

Do not know if it is needed in fact, but even so I made it...

Also I have not tested it, but I think it should work.

+60 000061cc  8b9614020000   movl   0x00000214(%esi),%edx
+66 000061d2  8b8154120600   movl   0x00061254(%ecx),%eax
+72 000061d8  83e0fe   andl   $0xfe,%eax
+75 000061db  39d0   cmpl   %edx,%eax
+77 000061dd  7413   je   0x000061f2

+60 000061cc  8b9614020000   movl   0x00000214(%esi),%edx
+66 000061d2  69d284000000   imull   $0x00000084,%edx,%edx
+72 000061d8  81ca0000ffff   orl   $0xffff0000,%edx
+78 000061de  90   nop

Replace bytecode:

8b96140200008b815412060083e0fe39d07413

By:

8b961402000069d28400000081ca0000ffff90

Patched kext AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.patched.zip

• Like 1

Hi Thirdsmile.

Are you experiencing some screen freezing with your graphic kexts? (screen saver, sleep etc)

Last time I have used 10.7.2 with framebuffer from 10.6.8 - and there was no freezing.

From that time I have switched to MBP, so now I can not test how latest versions work.

No more problem with audio stuttering here. Maybe it was a cache problem. Now i have problem with graphics freeze, when i watch a video on youtube my screen freeze. I've tried to install thirdsmile GMAX3100FB patched but i have a black screen on boot (i've also overrided EDID). My card is 2a12.

No more problem with audio stuttering here. Maybe it was a cache problem. Now i have problem with graphics freeze, when i watch a video on youtube my screen freeze. I've tried to install thirdsmile GMAX3100FB patched but i have a black screen on boot (i've also overrided EDID). My card is 2a12.

Have you patched it for 2a12 (patched kext above is for 2a02)?

No more problem with audio stuttering here. Maybe it was a cache problem.

alemate23, Which SSDT tables (for C-States) are you using for Merom? Because smilenkovski have NOT C-States (Merom too) support from his ioreg.

Can you upload your ioreg, Please? Private Message.

smilenkovski, from your ioreg (was extracted before the EDIT part, right?):

You need C-States for better temperatures and prevent audio stuttering.

Also, why don't have installed the proper FrameBuffer? from 10.5.8 patched by ThirdSmile HERE... or the vanilla one I uploaded HERE... that FB.kext avoid the KP "GPU parser error...".

All the rest is fine... SpeedStep, fan control, battery meter...etc.

So let's go. I love this laptop. (in meantime I bought better equipment, but, HP 6720s and HP 550 are close related with my hackintoshing passion, so, I love it.)

Thank you juanerson about checking my ioreg. About C_states, I' ve putted SSDT: zip.gif SSDT tables for C-States from your post 1317 (and , of course the rest of the files, dsdt and the rest Merom editions) Is it anything rest to do?

EDIT @juanerson

Sorry for my noobbish attitude but long time I have not used this laptop and there are no tools installed on it now.

EDIT 2:

Seems that bloetooth kext has problem loading after sleep, I'll search the thread on it.

Some news. Lion 10.7.4 beta built 11e46 (see with Pacifist -- inside the Delta update) has NEW GMAX3100 DRIVERS! I have NOT tested yet...

...I will try, but first revert back to native Lion driver with lags (X3100FB.kext version 7.0.52), restart and then install the Delta Update 10.7.4 to see what happens.

EDITED: Tested the "new" recompiled drivers, BUT mouse lag appear again. So, back to the most stable framebuffer for Lion X3100FB.kext from 10.5.8 vanilla Combo.

Also, see another interesting new things about power management in 10.7.4... seems too many changes, some vestiges of Mountain Lion, look:

Captura de pantalla 2012-04-18 a la(s) 00.21.46.png

Edited by juanerson
  • Like 1

Has anyone installed Lion succesfully to HP 550 with Celeron? I happened to have iAtkos L2 so I decided to test it but the installer just ends up booting to a blank screen.

By the way, thanks for a great thread that made installing SL to HP 550 extremely easy.

UPDATE: Looks like it occurs with 10.6.8 as well, well at least now I have proper logs.

6820s : Snow Leopard - Lion - Mountain Lion

ATI Radeon Mobility X1350 works now on 10.6.8 and on Lion 10.7.5 and on 10.8.0>10.8.5 with full qe/ci and full resolution support (not all tested yet on mavericks,but soon)..

EDITED
September. 25. 2014. :P

Tutorials

On 10.6.8

1.Extract files from Archive.zip and ATI1300Controller.kext.zip
2.Add your EDID in both places in info file in radeonHD.kext from the archive
3.Delete ATIFramebuffer.kext and ATISupport.kext from S/L/E
4.using Kext Wizard install every file that was in the archives i'v uploaded and Repair permisions and Rebulid cache
5.Boot with full qe/ci and full resolution support

On Lion 10.7.5
1.Extract files from 10.7.5.zip
2.Add your EDID in both places in info file in radeonHD.kext from the 10.7.5 archive(or don't,maybe we have the same EDID)
3.Delete ATISupport.kext from S/L/E
4.using Kext Wizard install every file that was in the archive i'v uploaded and Repair permisions and Rebulid cache
5.Boot with full qe/ci and full resolution support
NOTE : - I assume Lion 10.7.5 works with Clover bootloader method for 10.8.5,just from that method only use 1. - 2. - 1a. - 2a. - 4a - 7 (you might have to edit dependencies in ati kexts info.plist and ACPIThermal kext - if anyone tests this let me know if it works)

On Mountain Lion 10.8.5 - OLD METHOD WITH CHAMELEON BOOTLOADER

(Not vanilla,because of the full resolution radeonHD.kext,ML will boot in 32bit instead of vanilla 64bit )

1.Extract files from 10.7.5.zip (yes the archive is the same as in 10.7.5 )
2.Add your EDID in both places in info file in radeonHD.kext from the archive(or don't,maybe we have the same EDID)
3.Download MLPostFactor (A Project by @Wayne_819 & @MLForAll) Link Fixed
4.Right click on the app,go Show Package Contents : Contents/Resources/ and extract Base.pkg,Components.pkg,Graphics.pkg,Graphics_2.pkg,Kernel.pkg
5. Install the pkg files in the order i'v written.
6.Delete ATISupport.kext from S/L/E (delete AppleHDA,kext also ;) )
7.using Kext Wizard install every file that was in the archive i'v uploaded and Repair permisions and Rebulid cache
8.Boot in 32bit with full qe/ci and full resolution support

- 10.8 , 10.8.1 , 10.8.2 , 10.8.3 is fully supported on 6820s without any bugs

- The method MLPostFactor for Mountain Lion is used only because of radeonHD.kext,(32bit boot only) ,and a similar method on Mavericks(to have full QE/CI) .
This method could be avoided if the graphics is added to dsdt but that is too much for me( don't know how,tried and failed) ; so if anyone has the time and knows how that would be great for having 6820s Mountain Lion and Mavericks almost vanilla

MY BUGS :

On 10.8.5 wifi is broken with the IO80211Family.kext that used to work from 10.6.8 - 10.7.5 - 10.8.3
Fix : You will need to copy airportd (10.8. or 10.8.1 or 10.8.2 or 10.8.3 ) from usr/libexec/ and paste and replace 10.8.5 usr/libexec/ airportd or use mine airportd.zip .

Using this method of fixing graphics 10.8.5 ML boots in 32 bit ( thanks to MLPostFactor ) but i'm having some issues with kextd process ( rebuilds cache ), it's using cpu over 100% (maybe you won't have this issuee)
Fix :Everytime system boots up unload the process in terminal with
sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.kextd.plist

Also an issue on 10.8.5 with MLPostFactor files shutdown and restart sometimes has hard time to kill processes and restart or shutdown the 6820s.
Fix:
To shutdown,exit everything and in terminal type sudo shutdown -h now
To restart,exit everything and in terminal type sudo shutdown -r now

If you want to avoid all these issues i'm having with 10.8.5 just install 10.8.3 and and follow the 8. steps i'v wrote.
My advice is to stay on 10.8.3 /10.8.2 if you have the same bugs on 10.8.5 like i do :D
I'm working on fixing the issues without terminal stuff.

On Mountain Lion 10.8.5 - NEW METHOD WITH CLOVER BOOTLOADER

(Full native resolution support with brightness slider and full QE/CI + all kexts needed for 6820s to boot and fully work in 10.8.5 x64 )

My advice is to fully update 10.8.5 before you start doing this

1. Install latest Clover bootloader
2. Extract files from ML10.8.5
3. Download MLPostFactor (A Project by @Wayne_819 & @MLForAll) Link Fixed
4. Right click on the app,go Show Package Contents : Contents/Resources/ and extract Components.pkg,Graphics_2.pkg,Kernel.pkg
5. Install the pkg files in the order i'v written.
6. Open the ML10.8.5 folder
1a. Edit the config.plist files (add or create your serial number in ???????? field and add your EDID in custom edid field -if it is same as mine leave it)
2a. Copy and replace the config.plist you have edited with the one in EFI/Clover/ folder
3a. Copy the rest of the files in ML10.8.5 following the path in folders names
4a. Using Kext Wizard install every kext from System/Library/Extensions/ folder (these kext are needed to fully support 6820s on 10.8.5) and Repair permisions and Rebulid cache
7. Just to be safe repair permissions in Disk Utility app
8. Boot in 64bit Mountain Lion with full support for 6820s
NOTES :

- Latest DSDT for 6820s fixed thermals by

juanerson

that works with ACPIThermal.kext from ThirdSmile (tested and works on 10.7.5 - 10.8.5 )

dsdt.aml.zip

NEW

Fully working Mountain Lion on HP Compaq 6820s with Clover Bootloader

Easy step by step tutorial with all files needed for before and after installation of Mountain Lion and update to Mountain Lion 10.8.5 

Included in download :  tutorial,pkg installers,dsdt,config.plist's + tools needed in tutorial

DOWNLOAD LINK

Works : 

CPU,EthernetWiFi,Bluetooth,Audio,Battery ,Fans Control,CD/DVD Drive,TrackPad,Keyboard,Card Reader,Sleep,Graphic Card,Brightness,

VGA Port (mirroring should work,i didn't had an opportunity to test)

Issues: 

Bluetooth System Preferences doesn't open (due to MLPostFactor files,fix is on the way)  -Installer pkg with the fix,install after completing steps in Tutorial.pdf

DOWNLOAD LINK

Security Updates can brake the system (due to MLPostFactor files,fix with tutorial is on the way) -Step by Step terminal tutorial with the fix through Mountain Lion installer partition

DOWNLOAD LINK

Certain Users had wifi connection issues with WPA2 Personal security   -Easy fix: go to safe mode and connect to your network there,restart and it will work

TO AVOID KERNEL PANIC WHEN UPDATING - Only applies on Chameleon boot loader installations :
Before you even update from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8,10.7.0 to 10.7.5 ,10.8 to 10.8.5 (or any big update)you will need to delete your own radeonhd.kext from S/L/E in 10.6.7(or any other version) becouse it will couse kernel panic.. once you have finished updating,that means,delete radeonHD in 10.6.7 (or any other version) and boot the system without it,update to 10.6.8(or any other version) ,and then run software update,update everything in your 10.6.8 (or any other version) ;
And then follow my steps-
Latest security update (or any other big update) for 10.6.8 (or any other version ) will replace IONDRVSupport.kext (or maybe some other kext needed for boot without kernel panic),so after you update you will need to boot in the safe mod and replace new IONDRVSupport.kext with the one fron the file's i'v uploaded
-reason why i'm telling this is IONDRVSupport.kext will be updated during one of the avalible updates in 10.6.8 (or any other version) and that will give you KP becouse 10.6.8 (10.7.5 - 10.8.5 ) IONDRVSupport.kext conflicts with radeonHD.kext
Use the same idea with the lion update and mountain lion update

ADVICE -Applies both on Chameleon and Clover boot loader installations:
To be safe when updating first download the update from apple site and open the pkg file of the update with pacifist to see what will be replaced in System/Library/Extensions/ and make a backup of those files so after you have updated your system if you get kernel panic,reboot in safe mode and replace only those specific kexts that give you kernel panic with the files from the backup .
Or first update fully on vanilla system then use the steps above ;) .

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I used the Guide for my 6820s with ML 10.8.3 and after many tries it worked out really nice 

so THX agin my friend :D

thats how it was done:

1. installed "my hack" with ML 10.8.3 to HDD 2. Parition (SL10.6.8 on first partition)
  2. delete Kexts in EXTRA Folder
  3. install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and here Misc. Drivers but i left out the first kext (kernel Panic)
  4. installed the kext from the archive
  5. delete the ATIIsupport and aplleHDM kext
  6. repair disk with kext editor
  7. open chameleon wizard disable "grafic enabler"
  8. Boot and install to 3. partition
  9. boot into SL 10.6.8
  10.  and now i used the thread above 
  11. 1. install MLpostfactor Packs
  12. 2. install grafic kext 
  13. 3.delete ATIsupport and appleHDA again
  14. 4.start mountain lion
  15. 4. optional run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with the missing drivers
  16. install dsdt

:thumbsup_anim: so "onestzle" keep it up ,my HP is craving for Mavericks :thumbsup_anim:

maybe by combine the other methods from this thread it is possible to use lion with full qe ci support

for me snow leopard 10.6.8 works like better then 10.6.7 ever

to read my EDID out i used SwitchResX4 but it wasn t necessary it matched with the one in the archiv

• 4 weeks later...

I 'm using an external monitor (HP L1908w) with my HP 6730b running 10.7.3 in extended desktop mode. The external monitor should support 1440x900 resolution and it's shown in the resolution list in display settings (see attached), but it gives "Signal out of range" error except for 1152x720 :(

The internal screen works perfectly in 1280x800 with no problems. Any advice how to get the external monitor to work in its max capacity.

TIA

HP.tiff

Hi,

My Notebook is HP Compaq 610 (C2D T5870 (Merom), GMAX3100, etc).

Facts is: DSDT + SSDT-SSDT-8 from AIDA, AppleIntelGMAX3100FB from 10.6.8, MacBook.3,1

(Before there I also have screen freeze with GMAX3100)

If DropSSDT=Yes + GenerateP&C-States=Yes -> Generates C&P successufull in dmesg. But in IORegExplorer see only PerfomaceStates and LPC warning in dmesg

(I understand than C-States is but dont controkked by system)

If replace my SSDT-5,SSDT-6 with your for Merom,

(other my SSDT 0,1,2,3,4,7,8 stay in Extra and loaded with your)

DropSSDT=Yes, GenerateP&C-States=No - >

have PefomanceStates & AICPMVers in IOregExplorer,

and no LPC warning in dmesg.

Juanerson, can you explaint what you do with SSDT for get work and visible C-States(AICPMVers) ?

And what I need to do with my replaced SSDT 5-6 ?

Thanks, and sorry for my english.

Hi all,

first of all thanks to everybody in this Post. I'm a newbie in hackintosh world but I've been able to get my compaq 6720s working with all the information and the files you've uploaded to the post.

After installing 10.7.2 a few days ago I tried to update to the latest version (10.7.4). I've got a lot of problems and I can't fix some KP. Now (maybe a bit late) I have some questions:

1. Does 10.7.4 works in a 6720s

2. Can I update from 10.7.2 to 10.7.4 directly (that's what I did, using the combo update) or do I need to update to 10.7.3 first?

3. is ther any way to get back to 10.7.2?

Thanks for your help

David