HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Xsashox ...

ML kernel is 64 bit only, ATIRadeonX1000.kext is 32 bit so it will NOT load.

No video hardware acceleration for you on this old laptop, sorry.

At least you are not one of the Apple faithfuls who forked over nearly 2 grand for a MacBook Pro (X1600) that cannot run ML either !

Lion is the end of the road for you here.

Are you sure? The ATIRadeonX1000 kexts in 10.7.5 are also 64 bit.. (x86_64)

Xsashox ...

ML kernel is 64 bit only, ATIRadeonX1000.kext is 32 bit so it will NOT load.

No video hardware acceleration for you on this old laptop, sorry.

At least you are not one of the Apple faithfuls who forked over nearly 2 grand for a MacBook Pro (X1600) that cannot run ML either !

Lion is the end of the road for you here.

RadeonHD is x86 only(so no full resolution on ML) but x1000 is 64 ..problem is not x1000,the problem is iondrvsupport.kext,just like when you on 10.6.8(and any 10.6.8 later update) you'll need the iondrvsupport from 10.6.7 to have full QE/CI....the big issue is openGL support is droped for x1000 graphic cards(that is why there is no QE/CI) so either google anyone who made happen x1000 work on Lion or ML and you'll find a solution or try using kext by kext from SL (latest that worked,for graphics on 10.6.8 on 6280s that is mix of 10.6.7 kexts and 10.6.8 kexts that i'v posted on page 68 ...hope i'v helped a little

xsashox try to replace IONDRVSupport, AppleMCCS kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient kext. from 10.6.8 or 10.6.7 with the one's from ML(worth a shot but it's a long shot)

Yes, RadeonHD.kext is 32 bit only but this only controls the frame buffer and resolution management. QE is controlled by the ATTRadeonX1000.kext and that does not run 64 bit either.

If anybody has QE/CI in 64bit mode in either SL or Lion with an ATI Radeon 1300/1350/1400/1450/1550/1600 etc. I'd like to see how.

AFAIK, Apple has completely and totally abandonrd this ATI video chipset along with the Intel GMA 950/3100 family in Mountain Lion.

I'd love to be wrrong. If anybody has either of these video chipsets providing QE in 64 bit mode, please share !

Hi guys..

Ive given up on ML so i installed Lion instead. After a few hours of working with the kexts and going nuts heres the status;

Im runing 64bit, RadeonHD and ATIRadeonX1000.kext are both loaded. Full resolution (1440x900) with selection availible.

screen-shot-2012-11-25-a.png

I dont really know if i have full QE/CI .. How do i check that?

UPDATE: My VLC player wont run so.. I guess i dont have QE .. CI maybe? Any suggestions for Lion? Im runing 10.7.5.

Ok - so what i didnt do ;

- I didnt change any HEX of the files (RadeonX1000.kext) with my ID - option?

- Im runing without GraphicEnabler=Yes since it wont boot up if i do (just freezes before even loading kexts - DSDT maybe?)

My YouTube is runing but slowly.

If you have ResMan in 64 bit mode, this means that you have a 64 bit version of RadeonHD.kext ... Cool.

I heard that there was a 64 bit version of that floating around but never bothered with it

You have QE if ...

DVDPlayer.app runs

Roxio Toast Titanium runs

Cosmos, Beaches, etc. screensavers run

YouTube videos working fully is a good sign too

Really never saw ATIRadeonX1000.kext load 64 bit before ... sure that you are running 64 bit ?

If so, there are a lot of MacBook Pro owners with the ATI X1600 who are dying to know cuz' that's what stops 'em from running ML.

In any event, just adding arch=i388 to "kernel flags" in c.a.B.plist or o.c.B.plist should get that QE to kick in.

Hey..

Made a mistake yesterday.. When i got kernel panics (while working) there was no arch=i386 flag but now i see there is in chameleon...

So no, im runing a i386 flag which means 32 bit..

Will later try with the EDID version of RadeonHD in 64bit to see if its working. I booted yesterday in 64bit and funny thing is AtiRadeonX1000 loads up and runs but there is no QE ? Tried with VLC player which brings up "Your Mac lacks of OpenGL acceleration" i have the X1000 plugin bundle also installed. :/

How do i change the device ID in hex in X1000 kext? Is that essential? Since the kext is loaded i dont see a reason why QE shouldnt work in 32bit or 64 .. I still use GraphicsEnabler=No

Im probably able to boot in 1440x900 with GraphicsMode=1440x900x32 in boot.plist in 64bit also..

I do my work with video and photos (Adobe) so its pointless for me to if there is no QE.. Any suggestions? :)

Don't worry about RadeonHD since you already have full resolution management as that is all it does for you. RadeonHD.kext has no hand in getting you QE. I have had QE in 32 bit mode w/o RadeonHD loading on my ATI X2300m which is very similar to your video chip. QE is entirely the job of ATIRadeonX1000.kext.

YES ... ATIRadeonX1000.kext is absolutely essential for QE on any ATI X13xx, X14xx or X15xx video chip.

I still do not think that the X1000.kext will get you anything except KP in 64 bit mode but you might find this topic helpful as far as how to bin modify the X1000.kext to load and provide QE under Lion 10.7.5 in 32 bit mode. The methodology is the exact same for your X1350m as for my X2300m as we both are hacking the X1300. You merely need to supply a different device ID. Mine is 7188, yours something else.

Go to page 13 as the early postings are way out of date and ripe with misinformation.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/87983-ati-mobility-radeon-x2300-now-works-ciqe/

I'd suggest that you simply run 32 bit mode with full QE/CI and ResMan in 10.7.5. No shame in that especially since Lion is the end of the road for these old ATI video chips anyway.

Good luck and Aloha !

bisk

Hi,

Yes i know, RadeonHD is only in control of framebuffer and resolution management. I am runing a arch=i386 flag on boot - so 32bit.

Ok here is what i did;

- Added ATISupport.kext (since i erased it at the very start following a guide for X1350 - shows up in kextstat)

- Added ATI1300Controller.kext (changed the device ID to 7196 - according to my graphics - shows up in kexstat in terminal)

- Installed ATIRadeonX1000.kext (changed the device ID to 7196 - according to my graphics - shows up in kextstat in terminal)

So all the kexts are loaded but not QE/CI

What i didnt do;

- I didnt bin mod the X1000 kext because i dont know how to - could you do that for me? I just have to insert 7196 device ID.

- Im runing GraphicsEnabler=No since it wont boot up with =Yes flag

screen-shot-2012-11-26-a.png

screen-shot-2012-11-26-a.png

Could you bin mod my X1000 kext? I just need to add the device ID 7196 for my 1350x.

Here is THE LINK to the file on my google docs.

xsashox from where did u get all those kext's you'v added?? The reason why i'm asking is if there are from SL, you have bin mod ATIRadeonX1000.kext in the archive i'v posted on page 68 .... Like in SL if u just changed the device ID to 7196 and don't mod the bin it won't give u QE/CI...try mine ATIRadeonX1000.kext from the archive,and if it dosn't work i'll bin mod yours

onestzle .. I got my kexts from following different guides over here (1350X totally works, 1400x with full QE/CI, ...) i tried serveral methods.

I used your guide from page 68 - Archive

Added all the X1000 kexts (since there is allready 71961002 device ID in plist i didnt edit it)

I added 1300Controller kext

Rebuilt cache, repaired permissions with disk utility and rebooted.

Still no QE/CI :/

Kexts are loaded i see them in kextstat.. IONDRV is the same version as mine 2.2.

xsashox,

Sounds like you are good hands with onestzle.

My only advice to you, is to simplify your system to test QE.

You do not need RadeonHD, ATISupport or ATI1300Controller loaded to activate QE.

GraphicsEnabler is uneccssary as well.

Modern Chameleon/Chimera boot loaders have no injection code for the ATI1000 series video chip.

Just focus on your issue.

You'll get it !

xsashox , in http://www.insanelym...00#entry1866390 topic,jag787 made x1400 work with Lion,with full QU/CI,and full resolution,try to test with his files(except x1000.kext becouase he modded it for radeon 1400) becouase the latest i'v got was full resolution but no 128 video ram,you got that both now, so try maybe it will work(file by file,do some tests)

also there is no need for GraphicsEnabler for 7196 card(no code for it in boot) and if one of these RadeonHD, ATISupport or ATI1300Controller is helping you get either 128MB video ram or resolution leave it then,if not remove them

• Like 1

Does anyone in here knows if Hardware Acceleration can be truly enable. Cuz i can only get apple software renderer and not the actual graphics chip. BTW i used openGL Extensions viewer and i was able to notice this when i compared my hp 550 to my macbook3,1 which is very similar

@onestzle tried it with @jag787 way but it's not working.. I'm trying some other way now.. Is there an option someone could supply me with AppleMCCS.kext from 10.6.8? And AppleUpstreamClient.kext? If i install IOPCI and IOGraphicsFamily and IONDRV kexts the AppleMCCSController kext is not loaded properly and + my cursor is not working with IOGraphicsFamily.. So, anyone with the old kexts of MCCS and AppleUPC kext?

But either way acceleration is not working still.. What does AppleMCCS kext actually control? And UpstreamClient?

Hi, I have a HP 550 HSTNN-I54C, with Celeron 550 processor. I followed this guide " http://translate.goo...20s/it/&act=url " and so this " http://translate.goo...7e4Dq0rhsHNnI4Q "

to install Lion, step by step, and nothing, loading will not even get to the installation page, the laptop freezes before, and rebooting. :wallbash: Should I set the bios in a different way? Is set to default. I need to install another Chameleon version? Should I install Chimera? Or should I put strings on boot, as cpus=1?

I need your help. Thanks! :thumbsup_anim:

@onestzle tried it with @jag787 way but it's not working.. I'm trying some other way now.. Is there an option someone could supply me with AppleMCCS.kext from 10.6.8? And AppleUpstreamClient.kext? If i install IOPCI and IOGraphicsFamily and IONDRV kexts the AppleMCCSController kext is not loaded properly and + my cursor is not working with IOGraphicsFamily.. So, anyone with the old kexts of MCCS and AppleUPC kext?

But either way acceleration is not working still.. What does AppleMCCS kext actually control? And UpstreamClient?

cursor works,but it is invisible,if u manage to go to system preferences and make it bigger you will see it,i had a simmilar problem on lion,i got the same bug with AppleMCCS and AppleUpstreamClient on lion..i'v sent u a pm,take a look in your inbox

No problems here with vanilla system (except X3100FB.kext from Leopard 10.5.8)... so, ALL is working fine in 10.7.3 (latest build 11D50d). Please, wait for update DSDT standard with Lion support (for 6720s and 550) ASAP.

Note: Please, I need one voluntary (with experience, mainly if understood THIS) for DSDT testing with Merom CPU. I mean is better two: one for the Compaq 6720s, and one for the HP 550, both with CPUs Merom. Then, PM me.

Anyway... DSDT v0.30 Update for 6720s and 550 HP Notebooks (Full Lion ready):

1) The Bootloader: Chameleon-2.0-RC5m-r1291.zip (Thanks to Slice). I prefer install it using Chameleon Wizard, method "Boot0md", in the boot partition. Recommended. Note: This bootloader has NOT support for iCloud.

2) The config boot file: org.chameleon.Boot.plist from /Extra.zip

3) The New DSDT and SSDT tables, also from /Extra:

DSDT Merom: dsdt_v0.30RC-NEW_Merom.aml.zip (Only for CPU Merom)

DSDT Penryn: dsdt_v0.30RC-NEW_Penryn.aml.zip (Only for CPU Penryn)

SSDT: SSDT tables for C-States.zip (C-States support for both CPU type)

Update Note to Merom CPU users:

If you have audio stuttering (or get choppy problems), this is related to missing C-States support. So, please try with the SSDT tables 5 and 6 I uploaded HERE from /Extra. Because I just needed more feedback with CPU Merom.

OPTIONAL: SSDT tables for Custom P-States & Undervolt.zip (ONLY if you want to customize P-States)

Notes:

- If you get Blue Screen, stuck at login and not GUI at all, you need to set your own Display EDID override.

See this example: juanerson_DisplayEDID_Override_NEW.zip (Please do not use it, is only for reference)

- For big screen resolution (1440x900), inside the DSDT (device GFX0, X3100 hack code) are just three (3) values to change:

AAPL01,DualLink
AAPL01,Height
AAPL01,Width

4) The SMbios, Legacy SpeedStep and Extensions:

For CPU Merom:

SMBios and Legacy SpeedStep MB32 for Merom.zip (smbios.plist from /Extra, and Legacy injector installed in /S/L/E)

For CPU Penryn:

SMBios and Legacy SpeedStep MB42 for Penryn.zip (Idem)

Notes:

- For correct Legacy SpeedStep functionality Is highly recommended revert back to vanilla files MacBook4_1.plist or MacBook3_1.plist (depend of case), by deleting or comment out the five (5) lines for CPUPLimit = 0x0:

<key>PLimitDict</key>
<dict>
<key>MacBook4,1</key> // or MacBook3,1
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>

Those modified files are in:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

Then, repair permissions & rebuilt cache, and finally restart the system.

- Please, build your own genuine-valid Mac Serial, and don't share it... read this commentary about it.

5) More Extensions to install all in /S/L/E (Replace the previous same kexts or same function kexts if necessary):

fakesmc (the Netkas one): Modified Info.plist separately for:

fakesmc.kext for MB32 Merom CPU.zip

fakesmc.kext for MB42 Penryn CPU.zip

The proper FrameBuffer:

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext_1058_vanilla_Combo.zip (to avoid the KP "GPU parser error...")

Note: Before install it, in case you have the X3100 variant ID 2A12... you need to edit the Info.plist inside.

And the rest of kexts for fan control, battery, sound, ethernet and keyboard: Lion kexts.zip

Note: About the sound .kext, please install first AppleHDADisabler (wait two minutes), then install VoodooHDA to prevent KP conflict with AppleHDA.

At the end... repair permissions with Disk Utility (Recommended).

Big thanks to ThirdSmile, Zprood, Slice, and maybe others. Good Luck to everyone.

Thank you very much. I got my 10.7.5 system working. Only little problem. My X3100 variant 2a12 doesn't work. It stuck on boot.

Invalid firmware: max lighting

Intel memory

Intel memory

initpool 0x080000 etc.

I have tried many variant x3100 drivers. None of those work.

My system is HP550

CPU 7250 2Gz

Intel GL960 X3100

2Gb ram

juanerson's

DSDT: Merom 0.30

Smbios: macbook 3.1

SDST: step 4,5,6,7,8

Kernel log:

Dec 2 18:24:58 klausMacBook kernel[0]: IG: Invalid firmware max backlight setting

Dec 2 18:24:58 klausMacBook kernel[0]: IntelMemory::init

Dec 2 18:24:58 klausMacBook kernel[0]: InitPool: offset= 0x08000000 size = 0x08000000

Dec 2 18:25:46 klausMacBook kernel[0]: AirPort_Brcm43xx: Ethernet address 00:21:00:86:63:05

Dec 2 18:25:46 klausMacBook kernel[0]: IO80211Controller::dataLinkLayerAttachComplete(): adding AppleEFI$

Dec 2 18:25:46 klausMacBook kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Down on en0. Reason 8 (Disassociated because station$

Dec 2 18:25:47 klausMacBook kernel[0]: Auth result for: 30:85:a9:fa:a9:24 MAC AUTH succeeded

Dec 2 18:25:47 klausMacBook kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Up on en0

Dec 2 18:25:47 klausMacBook kernel[0]: AirPort: RSN handshake complete on en0

Dec 2 18:25:58 klausMacBook kernel[0]: display: Not usable

Dec 2 18:26:58 klausMacBook kernel[0]: virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClient::initWithTask(task*, void*$

Thank you very much. I got my 10.7.5 system working. Only little problem. My X3100 variant 2a12 doesn't work. It stuck on boot.

Invalid firmware: max lighting

Intel memory

Intel memory

initpool 0x080000 etc.

I have tried many variant x3100 drivers. None of those work.

My system is HP550

CPU 7250 2Gz

Intel GL960 X3100

2Gb ram

juanerson's

DSDT: Merom 0.30

Smbios: macbook 3.1

SDST: step 4,5,6,7,8

Kernel log:

Dec 2 18:24:58 klausMacBook kernel[0]: IG: Invalid firmware max backlight setting

Dec 2 18:24:58 klausMacBook kernel[0]: IntelMemory::init

Dec 2 18:24:58 klausMacBook kernel[0]: InitPool: offset= 0x08000000 size = 0x08000000

Dec 2 18:25:46 klausMacBook kernel[0]: AirPort_Brcm43xx: Ethernet address 00:21:00:86:63:05

Dec 2 18:25:46 klausMacBook kernel[0]: IO80211Controller::dataLinkLayerAttachComplete(): adding AppleEFI$

Dec 2 18:25:46 klausMacBook kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Down on en0. Reason 8 (Disassociated because station$

Dec 2 18:25:47 klausMacBook kernel[0]: Auth result for: 30:85:a9:fa:a9:24 MAC AUTH succeeded

Dec 2 18:25:47 klausMacBook kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Up on en0

Dec 2 18:25:47 klausMacBook kernel[0]: AirPort: RSN handshake complete on en0

Dec 2 18:25:58 klausMacBook kernel[0]: display: Not usable

Dec 2 18:26:58 klausMacBook kernel[0]: virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClient::initWithTask(task*, void*$

Try to inject your edid. Also mine is a 2a12 variant, but i don't need any injected edid :)

Yes...I have tried to find it with ioreg method. No luck. Next step: make linux live cd to get Display's EDID.. Im so lazy.. GIOFRIDA.. Could you upload your dsdt and x3100 kexts? I like to try them..

Is my dsdt problem? I have default

juanerson's merom

0.30 dsdt file. I haven't edited..