HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

As I said, I could not install Lion on my HP 550 with Intel Celeron 550 Processor. However, I succeeded in installing Snow Leopard using this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/256729-lion-installation-via-usb-stick-using-chameleon/ and this http://www.mediafire.com/?0a1477vx4070gqp. The problem is that I can not boot directly from the hard disk, but only through this cd. I've tried several versions of chameleon, I've also added the extra folder of CD into Hard Disk, inserted the right mach kernel of the CD into Hard Disk, etc., but I always get this inscription: System Uptime in Nanosecond...

Is there a way to run well Lion or Snow Leopard, on this laptop, or should I just give up?

I installed Snow Leopard, Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, on other PC, and and all work perfectly. :wallbash: Can you help?

Thanks

No goal..Still stuck on boot. Invalid firmware... BLAAH. I have injected edid and switch kexts..

I also have that string in my dmesg. Don't know..

As I said, I could not install Lion on my HP 550 with Intel Celeron 550 Processor. However, I succeeded in installing Snow Leopard using this http://www.insanelym...sing-chameleon/ and this http://www.mediafire...a1477vx4070gqp. The problem is that I can not boot directly from the hard disk, but only through this cd. I've tried several versions of chameleon, I've also added the extra folder of CD into Hard Disk, inserted the right mach kernel of the CD into Hard Disk, etc., but I always get this inscription: System Uptime in Nanosecond...

Is there a way to run well Lion or Snow Leopard, on this laptop, or should I just give up?

I installed Snow Leopard, Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, on other PC, and and all work perfectly. :wallbash: Can you help?

Thanks

Your issue is related to the CPU and the kernel. Try to boot with "cpus=1 -v".

@xsashox

With this method http://www.insanelym...sing-chameleon/ , I get a black screen

With this method http://tonymacx86.bl...lion-using.html , I get " System Uptime in Nanosecond... "

I need of Hacked Boot CD?

Thanks

You need to create a "hacked" boot cd according to this manual. What you get is probably a kernel panic. If you can please write the message before "uptime in nanoseconds" .. there should be a kernel panic.. and a backtrace to a certain kext or something that system is trying to load and panics.

screen brightness fixed yeah. I am worried by CPU temps : idle + 55 C stress +80 C... What kext should I use to get my computer's fan work properly? ACPIthermal.kext = KP. HELP!

fixed acpithermal.. still silent fan :)

Silent night, Holy night

All is calm, all is bright

Round yon Virgin Mother and Child

Holy Infant so tender and mild

Sleep in Heavenly peace

try to press [scorr] and [pause] ? what is

scorr?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.. Lost temper installed 10.6.8 .. Everything works with X1350 :) even in 64bit mode except RadeonHD .. Best i can make is 1152x .. no fullRes :)

However..

In 10.6.8 with all the updates im having some issues with AppleMCCSControl kext... Does anybody have the 10.6.7 kext? Since i replaced IOGraphicsFamily, ... kexts with 10.6.7..

Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleMCCSControl (error 0xdc008016)

also..

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (error 0xdc008016)

Any clues? What is the purpose of AppleHDAController? Sound?

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a bit off-topic as I'm working on an NC6400 which is a little weaker than these 6x20 laptops.

I've got everything working except SpeedStep but my CPU is not as fancy as most of yours.

I'm running a Yonah-based T2400 Core Duo. This is a 32-bit 667MHz FSB CPU.

I can see that I have 6 steps recognized but depending on which approach I use, I get stuck at either the highest or lowest speed.

If I GeneratePStates in the boot manager, I start out at 1GHz, the lowest.

If I use my custom SSDT, I start out at the 1.83GHz, the highest.

If I put the system to sleep, after wake, I'm pegged at 1GHz either way.

Loading VoodooPState.kext and running PStateChanger will activate SpeedStep but I want native.

I'm guessing that I need a legacy ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext but am unable to find one for my chip.

I am happy to try to create one myself but have no idea where to start.

All of this is happening in Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Thanks guys,

bisk

OK, in case anyone is interested, I figured it out myself. I had actually attempted to create a legacy ACPI_SMC_PlatfomPlugin.kext of my own but it wasn't working. I had modified both the MacBook1,1 and MacBookPro1,1 sections with no joy. I eventually discovered that IOPlatformPlugin/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin were not loading at boot but that I could load them manually after startup and that native SpeedStep was then working ! I spent about an hour switching the stock kext with my legacy kext, reparing permissions, rebooting, etc. but was now at a point where neither kext would load automatically. I finally booted single user, ran fsck and installed my legacy kext one more time, rebooted and ...

Voila !

Native SpeedStep from 1.0 GHz up to 1.83 GHz on a yonah Core Duo T2400 spoofed as a MacBookPro1,1.

According to MSR Tools, my steps appear to be in .03 GHz increments when using automatic C and P state generation so I punted my custom SSDT. I have never seen so many ! Sleep works nicely, my CPU rests in the low to mid 40s and I score 2450 on GeekBench.

Running Snow Leo 10.6.8 with Chameleon RC5-r752.

So I guess these old CPUs still have a bit of gas in 'em ;)

Take care and happy new year all :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

thank you for your work! I got Lion 10.7.4 running perfectly on my 6720s.

A friend of mine owns a 6720s, too. I installed 10.7.4 on it and used the newest kexts from this thread. Everything works except Graphics. Whenever I replace the native GMAX3100 kext with those from this thread or any other from the internet, the spinning wheel freezes at boot.

We definitely both own a 6720. Anyway my LCD is matt and his is glossy. Also, I have a Intel Centrino 1,73GHz Dual Core, while he has a Intel Celeron M 530 1,79GHz Single Core. This makes me imply that there exist different generations of 6720s devices.

I attached the ioreg and unmodded DSDT from both notebooks. Could anyone help my to get graphics work?

6720s_lion.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I've read the whole topic, but haven't really understand the installation steps.

So i have a HP Compaq 6720s, an customer didn't need the computer anymore. I've already tried to install iATKOS L2 but didn't really get everything working.

Can someone post the steps that i have to do other than an iATKOS, to make my 6720s fully working? i have an official Lion and official Mountain Lion image bought on the app store for my iMac. i've read the other treads also but didn't really get much further.

A good manual for a - noob - like me is difficult to find :)

Thanks

Kind regards

I'v finally done it :D : 6820s Mountain Lion 10.8.5, Lion 10.7.5, Snow Leopard 10.6.8 full resolution and full QE/CI support ,files and small tutorial here for Lion and Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion. I'm still testing some stuff on Mountain Lion and i'v started to write a  full after install tutorial for full 10.8.2. and 10.7.5 6820s support with all the steps,and kexts.When i'm done with the testing,i'll upload

(10.9 tested,full QE/CI with some bugs,still figuring out how to fix them.

Resolution support is dropped because of radeonHD is 32bit only,dong said there isn't and wont be 64 bit,it compiles in 64bit but doesn't work for some reason,but there are other ways to add framebuffer(what makes resolution work) but they still don't show any sign of success with ati x1350/7196 1002 graphics.

So if any one can or has the time could your try dsdt method of injecting graphics card i will give everything needed for that method  ;)  )

Edited: Sep. 7. 

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody!

I want install Lion on my 6820s.

I followed this instruction: http://www.insanelym...00#entry1760323

1. I compiled dsdt to merom type processor.

2. Installed os x 10.7.5

3. Create Extra folder & copy all files of the extra directory of this post http://www.insanelym...80#entry1759611

4. Install all kext from archive
  5. Remove AppleHDA
  6. Install kexts for graphics http://www.insanelym...40#entry1815492

After doing all of them system start up but NOT WORKED:

• sleep
  • qe/ci

Please, help me! I dont know what i doing wrong...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And of course, Mavericks DP 2 is working on HP 550. Install Mavericks, ( I've used MyHack 3.2 beta from here ). And add kexts and dsdt from here , accordingly.

All files are from this thread, so, use the knowledge from these wonderful hack community (RTFT, if you know what I mean).

For audio use latest voodoo (google).

Experience. 

The system works steady and nice. Only drawback is higher temperetures, maybe I 've got wrong readings  with latest Hardware Monitor.

Nice hacking.