HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Lion 10.7.4 works in 6720s. Just before apply the update (combo or delta), this is what I did to avoid black screen (because 10.7.4 has new recompiled X3100 drivers):

1) Install the X3100FB.kext Lion vanilla (7.0.52) extracted from the 10.7.3 combo (or from backup).

2) Repair permissions and rebuild cache.

3) Install the combo 10.7.4 and restart.

4) Now install again the X3100FB.kext from Leopard 10.5.8 uploaded in the page 66 (post 1317). This is for prevent KPs about "GPU parser error..."

Surely needed for the next 10.7.5 combo update installation too.

Hi guys!

I have a giant issue with USB on my 6720s. When i boot from my USB installation disk, i get an error:

Bug: launchctl.c:2425 (25957):30: (dbfd = open(g_job_overrides_db_path, O_RDONLY | O_EXLOCK | O_CREAT, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR )) != -1

and it hangs to boot.

So, i remade the USB drive with the installation of these kexts: (in /Extra/Extensions)

-IOUSBFamily.kext

-IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

-AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

-ApplePS2Controller.kext

-FakeSMC.kext

-NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Now, the installer boots but with these USB errors:

USBF: 9.134 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff80063a8000]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource
USBF: 9.134 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff80063a8000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

and also USBUHCI errors.

If i delete IOUSBFamily.kext from /Extra/Extensions and apply the Merom DSDT in /Extra the errors disappear but the installer doesn't boot (hang to boot with first error).

Instead, if i install Lion without the DSDT but with the kext IOUSBFamily, i can boot from disk but USB Ports don't work. So, i deleted another time IOUSBFamily.kext and applied the DSDT and USB Ports are working but it hangs on boot with this string:

Waiting for DSMOS...

What should i do? FIXED: Used patched IOUSBFamily.kext in /Extra.

I also tried boot flags for USB (USBBusFix, EHCIAcquire, etc..)

P.S: If i boot with Snow Leopard Retail i have no errors! But i want Lion ):

P.S 2: DSDT used: v0.20 Merom

Bye,

-giofrida

I solved the problem above but i have another issue!

My CPU is a Core 2 Duo T5670 w/ X3100 (2a12:8086).

If i put the Macbook3,1 smbios.plist in /Extra, the system don't boot due to a kernel panic with IOGraphics i suppose.

So, what should i do? SOLVED: Deleted ApplePolicyControl.kext from AppleIntelGraphicsControl/Contents/PlugIns

Now all is working!! :) (graphics included!)

Bye,

-giofrida

Ehm, i have another issue.

This time about Card Reader: when i plug in an SD Card, the system crashes.

Please help me FIXED: Reinstalled AppleSMC from 10.7.4 and deleted Patched IOUSBFamily.kext

Sorry for the posts, i fixed the issues 5~10 minutes after posted here! Sorry :worried_anim:

Now the system is very stable! No KP, all working!

Hmm, how about Agere Modem HDA?

-giofrida

I Guys i have a 6820s with core2duo T7250 and ati x1350.. i have follow all instruction on this forum for install a stable 10.6.7 on my laptop..

now.. i have all working.. but i have only one problem to resolve..

When i put my laptop in Sleep mode.. all work.. pc go sleep with blue power blinking..

When turn on from Sleep i have an issue with AppleAcpiThermal.kext ( kext crash ) laptop function are normal.. but... the Fan stop working.. and the temp of cpu go up..

i need restart for back to normality..

this is video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5OZjG8jvFM&feature

I hope someone can help me.. ty

EDIT: Fixed.. sleep and AppleACPIthermal.kext in E/E work like a charm..

i have used kextutility for rebuild extensions.mkext

@Everyone

If you can't get sleep working with DSDT 0.30 RC, try this modified DSDT! Based on 0.30 version but modified to get sleep working as 0.20 version.

But, why sleep does not work?

With v0.30 DSDT i got this "error" from kernel.log (Console):

Jul  6 09:30:13 localhost kernel[0]: The USB device HP Integrated Module (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by being disconnected

The bluetooth device (HP Integrated Module) has caused a wake by being disconnected.

So, in the 0.30 DSDT i replaced UHC1/2/3/4 and HUB1/2/3/4 Devices from 0.20 and now Sleep is working! :P

I attached both DSDTs (for Merom and Penryn) in this post.

P.S: Penryn DSDT not tested.

DSDTv0.30-Merom-Sleep.Working.zip

DSDTv0.30-Penryn-Sleep.Working.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Report on: Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Final)

~ What is working:

• Intel Core 2 Duo T5670 (CPU Merom) > Working with fakesmc.kext (for MB3,2), Legacy_SpeedStep_MacBook32_107.kext,smbios.plist (MB3,2). Optional: used SSDT-5 (Merom) table to generate C & P States

GeekBench Results (Lion VS Mountain Lion):

• Intel 82562GT (Ethernet) > Working with Intel82566MM.kext
  • Broadcom BCM4312 (WiFi) > Working with IO80211Family.kext (10.6.8 Rollback)
  • HP Integrated Module (Bluetooth) > Working natively
  • SoundMax AD1981 (Audio) > Working with VoodooHDA.kext (but need DSDT fixes) ↓↓↓

2hyyv0i.png

• Battery > Working with AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • Fans Control > Working ACPIThermal.kext (changed AppleACPIPlatform dependencyin Info.plist from 1.4 to 1.6)
  • CD/DVD Drive > Working natively
  • TrackPad/Keyboard > Working with ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
  • Card Reader > Working natively, also, AnyCardReader.kext is finally working with OS X. [uPDATE: This kext works and does not work. If it does not work try to update cache]

~ What is NOT working properly:

• Sleep > Can put OS X in sleep mode but cannot wake Lid (Notebook Display)
  • Intel GMA X3100 (Graphic Card) > Full Resolution with 10.6.2 Kexts, QE/CI not working, No Translucent Bar, Screen effects working (Inverted colours, increased/decreased contrast, Anti-Aliased Zooming, ScreenSaver, etc...), No Graphical Glitches, No Cursor blinking
  • Brightness > I can change it from System Preferences and with buttons but does not work

~ What is NOT working:

• VGA Port > Does not work!!
  • Agere Systems Modem HDA (Modem) > Never worked with OS X

Notes:

• Audio is not recognized as 'Built In'.
  • Audio tab finds two analog devices (Voodoo) and three other devices (Speaker, External Microphone / iPhone Headset, S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output)
  • Need DSDT Fix to force recognize the screen (Brightness does not work and Lid wake neither).
  • Need solution for QE/CI.
  • EDID already injected successfully.

9sdp4h.pngZooming (w/ Anti-Aliasing)

jre7nc.png

Resolutions available

Cheers!

:)

07/26 UPDATE 1:

• Added ioreg file (MacBook3,2_ML_ioreg.zip)

07/27 REPORT 1: GMA X3100

• Cocoa Games are playable (but with lag)
  • Java Games are not playable 'Could not create pixel format'

07/27 UPDATE 2:

• Added ACPIThermal.kext with dependencies fixed (ACPIThermal.kext_ML_Fixed.zip)
  • Added 10.6.2 64Bit Graphics Kexts (X3100_64Bit.zip)
    • The Package Contains:
      • ​AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext (1.6.6.25, 10.6.2)
      • AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (1.6.6.25, 10.6.2)
      • AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin (7.0.52, 10.7.4)
      • AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle (7.0.52, 10.7.4)
      • AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle (7.0.52, 10.7.4)
      • AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (7.0.52, 10.7.4) => Not Required

[*]Dictation is working

07/28 UPDATE 3:

• Facetime Tested and working
  • Messages Tested and working
  • iCloud Tested and working

07/31 UPDATE 4:

• VGA Port Tested and does not work!

My conclusions:

We need new 64bit X3100 Graphics Kexts to get, not only for QE/CI, but also for Internal Screen and VGA Port properly injected/recognized.

The audio mods (in System Profiler) are only cosmetic. We don't need this at moment.

MacBook3,2_ML_ioreg.zip

ACPIThermal.kext_ML_Fixed.zip

X3100_64Bit.zip

Here's my experience with installing ML on HP 6730b laptop (Core Due 2 + 4 GB RAM + Intel 4500MHD):

- I used the vanilla DMG but only patched to install on MBR partition (I have Win7 on the same HDD).

- Keyboard and trackpad didn't work till installing ApplePS2Controller and ApplePS2Nub kexts after initial reboot.

- Sound: works with VoodooHDA (0.2.1).

- Battery: AppleACPIBatteryManager kext is used but the battery icon on menu bar has "X" symbol.

- Ethernet: works with BCM5722D.kext

- iCloud + AppStore + Messages are working.

- Display: works with a patched X3100FB kext modified for device code 2a42 (4500MHD) that works in 64 bit mode (credit to giofrida).

In brief: ML works fine so far.

Benchmark ML.tiff

Benchmark ML.tiff

Here's my experience with installing ML on HP 6730b laptop:

- I used the vanilla DMG but only patched to install on MBR partition (I have Win7 on the same HDD).

- Keyboard and trackpad didn't work till installing ApplePS2Controller and ApplePS2Nub kexts after initial reboot.

- Sound: doesn't work .. VoodooHDA is used and you can change the sound setting and sound icon is on the menu bar but not actual sound is coming out.

- Battery: AppleACPIBatteryManager kext is used but the battery icon on menu bar has "X" symbol.

- Ethernet is working with BCM5722D.kext

- iCloud + AppStore + Messages are working.

- Display: works only in 1024x768 as I can't find a patched X3100 kext modified for device code 2A42 (4500MHD) that works in 64 bit mode.

In brief: ML works fine so far but the fact that it doesn't have 32bit kernel will be a problem for some old kexts that have only 32bit code.

p.s: any help with the display kext will be much appreciated. I tried to manually patch the original AppleIntelX3100FB kext but then it loses the 64bit architecture indicator.

Try to download this kexts.

Install the kexts in S/L/E.

Do these commands:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x86\x80\x02\x2a|\x86\x80\x42\x2a|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelGMAX3100

sudo perl -pi -e 's|0x2a028086|0x2a428086|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext/Contents/Info.plist

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x86\x80\x02\x2a|\x86\x80\x42\x2a|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB

sudo perl -pi -e 's|0x2A028086|0x2A428086|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext/Contents/Info.plist

• Like 1

I did the above patching and here's the results (I have 2 monitors in extended mode):

- if both kexts are loaded it gives a white screen after reboot. Cold reset is a must to recover.

- I removed the X3100 and kept only the X3100FB kext since it's the one loaded in -x boot mode.

- The external display (HP L1908w) is working perfectly in 1440x900x32 mode.

- The main display is working in 1280x800x32 mode but the display is "pixelized" (now fixed :) )

- I 'm using Chameleon v2.1svn r2030 if this is relevant.

Fixed: Remove "Graphics Enabler=Yes" from boot.plist file

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

No problems here with vanilla system (except X3100FB.kext from Leopard 10.5.8)... so, ALL is working fine in 10.7.3 (latest build 11D50d). Please, wait for update DSDT standard with Lion support (for 6720s and 550) ASAP.

Note: Please, I need one voluntary (with experience, mainly if understood THIS) for DSDT testing with Merom CPU. I mean is better two: one for the Compaq 6720s, and one for the HP 550, both with CPUs Merom. Then, PM me.

Anyway... DSDT v0.30 Update for 6720s and 550 HP Notebooks (Full Lion ready):

1) The Bootloader: Chameleon-2.0-RC5m-r1291.zip (Thanks to Slice). I prefer install it using Chameleon Wizard, method "Boot0md", in the boot partition. Recommended. Note: This bootloader has NOT support for iCloud.

2) The config boot file: org.chameleon.Boot.plist from /Extra.zip

3) The New DSDT and SSDT tables, also from /Extra:

DSDT Merom: dsdt_v0.30RC-NEW_Merom.aml.zip (Only for CPU Merom)

DSDT Penryn: dsdt_v0.30RC-NEW_Penryn.aml.zip (Only for CPU Penryn)

SSDT: SSDT tables for C-States.zip (C-States support for both CPU type)

Update Note to Merom CPU users:

If you have audio stuttering (or get choppy problems), this is related to missing C-States support. So, please try with the SSDT tables 5 and 6 I uploaded HERE from /Extra. Because I just needed more feedback with CPU Merom.

OPTIONAL: SSDT tables for Custom P-States & Undervolt.zip (ONLY if you want to customize P-States)

Notes:

- If you get Blue Screen, stuck at login and not GUI at all, you need to set your own Display EDID override.

See this example: juanerson_DisplayEDID_Override_NEW.zip (Please do not use it, is only for reference)

- For big screen resolution (1440x900), inside the DSDT (device GFX0, X3100 hack code) are just three (3) values to change:

AAPL01,DualLink
AAPL01,Height
AAPL01,Width

4) The SMbios, Legacy SpeedStep and Extensions:

For CPU Merom:

SMBios and Legacy SpeedStep MB32 for Merom.zip (smbios.plist from /Extra, and Legacy injector installed in /S/L/E)

For CPU Penryn:

SMBios and Legacy SpeedStep MB42 for Penryn.zip (Idem)

Notes:

- For correct Legacy SpeedStep functionality Is highly recommended revert back to vanilla files MacBook4_1.plist or MacBook3_1.plist (depend of case), by deleting or comment out the five (5) lines for CPUPLimit = 0x0:

<key>PLimitDict</key>
<dict>
<key>MacBook4,1</key> // or MacBook3,1
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>

Those modified files are in:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

Then, repair permissions & rebuilt cache, and finally restart the system.

- Please, build your own genuine-valid Mac Serial, and don't share it... read this commentary about it.

5) More Extensions to install all in /S/L/E (Replace the previous same kexts or same function kexts if necessary):

fakesmc (the Netkas one): Modified Info.plist separately for:

fakesmc.kext for MB32 Merom CPU.zip

fakesmc.kext for MB42 Penryn CPU.zip

The proper FrameBuffer:

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext_1058_vanilla_Combo.zip (to avoid the KP "GPU parser error...")

Note: Before install it, in case you have the X3100 variant ID 2A12... you need to edit the Info.plist inside.

And the rest of kexts for fan control, battery, sound, ethernet and keyboard: Lion kexts.zip

Note: About the sound .kext, please install first AppleHDADisabler (wait two minutes), then install VoodooHDA to prevent KP conflict with AppleHDA.

At the end... repair permissions with Disk Utility (Recommended).

Big thanks to ThirdSmile, Zprood, Slice, and maybe others. Good Luck to everyone.

Thank for this i got a lot of my devices working thanks to this post. I still can't get pass the 1024x768 resolution on my HP 550 with X3100 (2a12) . I edited the file you provide like you said and booted 32 bit but still cant seem to get better resolution than that. Thank you very much for your great job and effort you put into this

Thanks for trying giofrida but i still cant get full resolution. I noticed that the graphics kext is not loading at all im on 32 but i also tried 64 with no luck. everything else works great. btw is there a way to assign more than 64mb for graphics on this laptop (hp550 2gb ram) thank you very much for trying to help

• 3 weeks later...

I have an almost perfect ML installation on my HP 6730b but the only one thing that doesn't work (aside from the 5100 AGN wifi) is the battery icon. I tried almost every combination of SmartBatteryManager and ACPIBatteryManager and nothing work so far.

Any ideas or DSDT modification ?

EDIT: Battery icon works correctly if:

- the boot flag UseKernelCache is set to No (slightly longer boot time).

- AppleACPIBatteryManager and AppleSmartBatteryManager kexts are not part of the kernel cache and loaded manually after booting.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are using ML with GMA X4500MHD (2a42) and maybe X3100 (2a02) as well since both use the same GPU kext, I can't use the new "Click to tweet" or "Click to post" button from the Notification Center coz the text field has the dark gray background color and the text color is almost the same. I tried to figure out which resource is used inside the application to modify it but with no luck.

Any ideas ?

TIA

Thanks Giofrida, it worked after all. The only different thing i did was try it on the new 10.7.5 update and i get Full res. Im loving Lion on this HP 550 everything works perfect, even better than windows 7 home which i had before. Again Thanks to everyone for making this old computer usable. BTW i also have Find My Mac enable. Thanks. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have a problem, I installed the package 6720s that is located in the boot cd, but I can not install the file AppleACPIEC.ketx, all works .. only little problem is OS X running in verbose mode always, i dont see apple LOGO ..

depends on AppleACPIEC.kextl that has not been installed?

thanks and hope in your help

P.S. I installed 10.6.7 on hp 6820s - radeon X1350 card

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

Im currently writing this from my Lion, so success i guess..

Im using a HP 6820s, with Mountain Lion 10.8.2, i got almost everything working except the graphics!

My computer has a ATI Mobility Radeion X1350 installed, i followed this forums procedures about installing all of the kext files and swaping the EDID inside the archive (page 68) and i still have a problem.

My problem starts with boot-up i get a message like this

"ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml

NO DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.

Using PCI-Root-UID value:0

Framebuffer 0xD0000000 MMIO 00xDC4000000

0x000000000

ATI card non-POSTed, reading VBIOS from PCI ROM.

Framebuffer set to devices default: Lc> (some special character? Cant really form it here)

Nr of ports set to framebuffers default: 0"

And thats it.. It just hangs there until i reboot it with GraphicsEnabler=No

(I havent really waited for 15minutes to boot up with graphicsenabler=yes but i waited around 5min and didnt really work..)

Can you guys please help me?

UPDATE: I waited now for some time.. And i get this;

"Memory allocation error! Addr : 0x0 Size: 0x7ff5190, File: device_inject.c (or something like that) Size: 220

This is a non recovarable error! System HALTED!!!"

Ok, i got a little bit further.. Installed the RadeonX1000.kext with my ID and RadeonHD.kext with my EDID and turned off GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon Wizard, booted only with graphic option 1440x900 and it boots up and works but after some time my mouse starts to act weird... Left button click just dies.. So now if i boot up with GraphicsEnabler=Yes i'm again stuck with the problem i mentioned earlier.. Any clues?

Ok, i got a little bit further.. Installed the RadeonX1000.kext with my ID and RadeonHD.kext with my EDID and turned off GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon Wizard, booted only with graphic option 1440x900 and it boots up and works but after some time my mouse starts to act weird... Left button click just dies.. So now if i boot up with GraphicsEnabler=Yes i'm again stuck with the problem i mentioned earlier.. Any clues?

If i remember correctly, there's an option in RadeonHD's info.plist to fix the cursor of the mouse.. try to search it.

Thank you. I resolved my left click problem but i still dont have any acceleration. If i look in kextstat neither the RadeonHD.kext or AtiX1000 bundle are loaded.. Only kexts associated with my graphics that are loaded are IONDRVSupport, AppleMCCS kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient kext.

If i run OpenGL Extensions Viewer i get this

screen-shot-2012-11-17-a.png

My SystemInfo shows this

screen-shot-2012-11-17-a.png

I modified the files with my ID and my EDID but it still doesnt work.. Tried serveral method also with Ati1300Controller kext, AtiX1000GA, GL, VA, .. kexts and i get no results.. I think the resolution works because i force it with the bootloader (Chameleon Graphics=1440x900.. )

I dont use graphicsEnabler because my computer just sleeps at booting with error mentioned a few posts higher..

Xsashox ...

ML kernel is 64 bit only, ATIRadeonX1000.kext is 32 bit so it will NOT load.

No video hardware acceleration for you on this old laptop, sorry.

At least you are not one of the Apple faithfuls who forked over nearly 2 grand for a MacBook Pro (X1600) that cannot run ML either !

Lion is the end of the road for you here.