HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Good to hear! And of course, as I said before I am sure that EVERYBODY HAS C-STATES HARDWARE SUPPORT BROKEN FROM 10.6.8 due to new ACPI structure check (AppleACPIPlatform.kext), including Lion.

But in our specific case, to solve this problem in our laptop models, just add (copy-paste) the code from HERE to your dsdt. Is easy, should remember to change three (3) parts in two (2) SECTIONS based in DSDT v0.20:

1) On top of the dsdt (first section), add "External (CFGD)" near to other Externals (before or after no matter in this part).

On Cores (second section). "Scope (_PR)" This big scope include the two (2) cores (processors CPU0 and CPU1):

2) Add the respective long code inside CPU0, in the beginning of this part, I mean before "Name (C002, Zero)".

3) Add the respective code inside CPU1, same criterial as above, but in this part before "Method (PPC, 0, NotSerialized)".

And finally, save the file and compile it. Good Luck to everyone.

TIP: To do an alternative perfectly safe test way from another folder, I mean leaving intact your actual dsdt in /Extra to boot normally if something goes wrong (KP)... You guys can create one experimental folder named DSDTtest (example), and place the resultant dsdt.aml there. Then, copy that folder on root directory (/) of your system, and call the new dsdt from Chameleon Darwin prompt by typing: "DSDT=/DSDTtest/dsdt.aml" w/o quotes and enter.

Note: After full C-States support, the expected real gain with correct BUS clock & FSB is about 100-130 points in geekbench.

Good to hear! And of course, as I said before I am sure that EVERYBODY HAS C-STATES HARDWARE SUPPORT BROKEN FROM 10.6.8 due to new ACPI structure check (AppleACPIPlatform.kext), including Lion.

Please, can you take a look of my dsdt_edit.dsl? I've already compiled and tested it, works.

Last thing, i'm using Legacy_Speedstep, but i've read that you're using ACPI_SMC original from Apple. Can i use it (changing smbios.plist in macbook3,1)? Or I have to edit macbook3,1.plist inside kext folder?

Thank you and sorry for my English :P

dsdt_v0.20_edit.dsl.zip

1) DSDT is ;)

2) About native SpeedStep for Lion: THIS was my first report in May. And is the same way right now (even in Snow), because in 10.7 is not possible to use injector (legacy) at moment due to the new AppleACPIPlatform (as the problem with fan control & battery meter)... So, personally I don't think that will be activate SS by injector anymore. Then, for SS directly from the Apple profile (Resource MBX_Z.plist) read again: Posts 1003, 1016 and 1017. Optionally, posts 1020 and 1024. Good Luck.

Hey guys, :wacko:

I am using HpCompaq6720s(c2d t5470 @1.6ghz)(2gb ram) machine with a broadcom wifi card. I desire to run snow leopard on it.

Right now i am using windows 7 sp1 x86..

I have the 10.6 retail disc written to a 16gb usb and hp boot cd 0.3(written to cd-r)

Now the prob is when I boot through the hp boot cd 0.3 and run the mac installer ,it tells me to repartition my hard disk using the GUID table ,

I dont want to lose my windows 7 and all my data :(

is There anyway i can avoid deleting everything on my hard drive ?

And with the latest updates/fixes , What compatibility issues would i have with 10.6 installation?

I read the broadcom wifi works, is that correct?

I read that there is a hacked bios with a white list removed , do i need to install that and replace my wifi card?

or my boroadcom would work just fine?

2) About native SpeedStep for Lion: THIS was my first report in May. And is the same way right now (even in Snow), because in 10.7 is not possible to use injector (legacy) at moment due to the new AppleACPIPlatform (as the problem with fan control & battery meter)... So, personally I don't think that will be activate SS by injector anymore. Then, for SS directly from the Apple profile (Resource MBX_Z.plist) read again: Posts 1003, 1016 and 1017. Optionally, posts 1020 and 1024. Good Luck.

I don't know what part remove from my macbook3,1.plist

Using plist from post 1017

<key>IOPlatformThermalProfile</key>
<dict>
<-- from here -->
	<key>CStateDict</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CSD2</key>
		<dict>
			<key>C5Add</key>
			<dict>
				<key>enable</key>
				<true/>
				<key>exit_reg</key>
				<dict>
					<key>desc</key>
					<string>C5_EXIT</string>
					<key>offset</key>
					<integer>168</integer>
					<key>regFlags</key>
					<integer>134217728</integer>
					<key>type</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>width</key>
					<integer>32</integer>
				</dict>
				<key>level_reg</key>
				<dict>
					<key>desc</key>
					<string>C5_LVL</string>
					<key>offset</key>
					<integer>23</integer>
					<key>regFlags</key>
					<integer>134217728</integer>
					<key>type</key>
					<integer>2</integer>
					<key>width</key>
					<integer>32</integer>
				</dict>
				<key>primRes</key>
				<dict>
					<key>ConvM</key>
					<integer>1000</integer>
					<key>ConvN</key>
					<integer>279365</integer>
					<key>desc</key>
					<string>C3_RES</string>
					<key>maskCntr</key>
					<integer>16777215</integer>
					<key>offset</key>
					<integer>84</integer>
					<key>regFlags</key>
					<integer>134494208</integer>
					<key>shiftCState</key>
					<integer>3</integer>
					<key>type</key>
					<integer>2</integer>
					<key>width</key>
					<integer>32</integer>
				</dict>
				<key>secRes</key>
				<dict>
					<key>ConvM</key>
					<integer>1000</integer>
					<key>ConvN</key>
					<integer>279365</integer>
					<key>desc</key>
					<string>C5_RES</string>
					<key>maskCntr</key>
					<integer>16777215</integer>
					<key>offset</key>
					<integer>88</integer>
					<key>regFlags</key>
					<integer>134494208</integer>
					<key>shiftCState</key>
					<integer>5</integer>
					<key>type</key>
					<integer>2</integer>
					<key>width</key>
					<integer>32</integer>
				</dict>
				<key>snoop</key>
				<integer>55000</integer>
			</dict>
		</dict>
		<key>MacBook3,1</key>
		<string>CSD2</string>
	</dict>
<-- to here -->
	<key>ConfigArray</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>WWEN</key> = ';

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=264597

Theres no PCI0.LPCB.EC0.MBST on our DSDT but we have PCI0.LPCB.EC0.C230 and PCI0.LPCB.EC0.C22C. I dont know if the methods have equivalent functions but I think is worth to try

The driver (32-64 bits) is working as expected (very well) using our actual DSDT in Snow. I chose both options to "false" into the plist for "regular ACPI _BIF readings". But in Lion is the same "X" as others in menu bar, and no battery information at all.

BTW, this is a more ambitious project: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2194

EDITED: The gsly's driver (Now SmartBattery) works great in S.L. I want to share my actual Battery involved DSDT code. This is a basic reference of declarations to replace from the DSDT V0.20 (only if you know what are you doing) for compile it:

C1C9=ECOK

C1D2=ECOR

C225=SMTX

C22C=UBIF

C230=UBST

C22F=PBIF

C22E=PBST

Captura_de_pantalla_2011_08_06_a_las_15.14.58.png

battery_involved_code.dsl.zip

To all the senior members, I am being ignored again n again, I know this is something important that u guys are working on, but can u just spare a minute for new members like me :D

I wish to ask

How can I Dual boot Snow leopard & windows xp for instance.

I installed snow leopard 10.6, formatted my hdd(Guid) with two partitions

50 gb mac extended jouranled format to install mac osx

60 gb as fat(msdos) to install win xp

After I finished installing mac and chameleon bootloader

I tried to install xp on fat partition(it formatted to ntfs) ,but after copying files setup restarted and gave me hall.dll error

Any Guide that i can follow? or Any instructions for me plz?

I am using hpcompaq6720s with 1.6 ghz core2duo :D

Please see kizwan link in my signature for reference. You need to make ACTIVE the windows partition (recommended the 2nd visible partition = disk0s3) before install it, so the "make active" process do it from Win Vista or Se7en DVD. I mean, this is basically the installation sequence what I always follow:

1) Make the GPT (GUID) HDD structure. Recommended up to three primary partitions.

2) Install OS X in disk0s2 (the first one visible partition). Note: disk0s1 is EFI (hide), created automatically by disk utility.

3) Activate the Windows partition (disk0s3) booting from DVD. Note: By the Diskpart commands.

4) Reboot and Install windows (format to NTFS). In this step can be XP or win7.

5) Finally, again boot from BlackCH's boot cd (or pendrive) and Install Chameleon (IMPORTANT: boot0hfs option) to manage the Dual Boot. This way to keep intact the MBR, and of course the ACTIVE windows partition. Good Luck.

hi all... please can anyone make step-by-step tutorial how to install snow / lion on 550 (https://gist.github.com/28962951684c813e95d4)?

i'm hackintosh newbie... i'm so sorry if tut. exist. i don't find it.

sorry my bad english

Go to first page of thread... There are "boot CD v0.3" inside of it you can found all necessary information(Also there are step-by-step Quick Guide).

P.S This thread is dedicated only for fixing problems, specific to this laptops, not for general questions - in future, please use general threads for general questions.

Hi sorry to post in here my problem is with s6410 in lion.

I keep getting ig invalid firmware maximum backlight

How do I pach appleintelx3100fb with my id so can test if it works????

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0003

I keep getting ig invalid firmware maximum backlight
That is normal, and not fixable from I know (we all no worry about it), even for your GMA X3100 ID (2A02), which is native. So, I am almost sure the general problems with backlight is due to the Screen Display (hardware).

That is normal, and not fixable from I know (we all no worry about it), even for your GMA X3100 ID (2A02), which is native. So, I am almost sure the general problems with backlight is due to the Screen Display (hardware).

Thanks for input ;)

Finally I am able to Dual boot with Snow leopard 10.6.8 And Windows xp sp3 On my Hp6720s.

1.I installed retailed 10.6

2.Update it to 10.6.8 ,it asked for a restart..(i dint)

3.Installed hp compaq 6720s installer with Graphic tweak for full resolution

4.Installed chameleon that came with the boot cd 0.3

5.Restart

Note: i didn't do anything with my bios

Is that all? Or do I need to anything with the dsdl.aml that are included in the extra folder on the boot disc?

Problems I am experiencing so far.

1. Loading of mac x dull, i don't like that a lot text on my screen , perhaps anything better out there?

2. I notice that my machine gets hot easily when on mac compared to windows,(if there a way i can statistically judge and correct it? )

3. My Bluetooth is not getting recognized by SL :(

I Have attached my report from AIDA64

Report.htm

1. Loading of mac x dull, i don't like that a lot text on my screen , perhaps anything better out there?

2. I notice that my machine gets hot easily when on mac compared to windows,(if there a way i can statistically judge and correct it? )

3. My Bluetooth is not getting recognized by SL ;)

1. Keep it like that for now. Is the only way to know if something is wrong.

2. You need to activate speedstep. Mod the dsdt, bios.plist and PlatformPlugin profile. Read the thread, all the information is here.

3. If it is a broadcom chip it should work OOB. I dont know...

1. Keep it like that for now. Is the only way to know if something is wrong.

2. You need to activate speedstep. Mod the dsdt, bios.plist and PlatformPlugin profile. Read the thread, all the information is here.

3. If it is a broadcom chip it should work OOB. I dont know...

Do i need to flash Hacked Bios?

I got 2343 On geek bench , t5470 1.6ghz and 2gb ram ..is that good enough?

And cpu temperatures ranging from 35 to 50 degree centigrade ( 35 In Airconditioning environment )

As far as I could see 6710b is not mentioned on this topic,but still I wonder if someone can help me.

My laptop is running Lion just fine,but with only two issues.

First: sleep. Can get it to work, even after trying sleep enabler.kext for Lion and a DSDT that was suppose to handle it.

Second issue, and for now most important: Brightness control.

Found the patch on this topic but just does do anything for my system.

Also tried a new voodooPS2keyboard.kext (again on this topic) but again no luck.

Wonder If I need to do something else to make this brightness control to work as I have a different system?

I also tried to find the code mentioned inside:

-AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

----------------------------------Contents

--------------------------------------------MacOS

----------------------------------------------------AppleIntelGMAX3100FB

Using Hexfiend, buit does not come up.Therefore I am not able to change it.

First off all: do I look in the right place? And if the answer is YES, is HEXFIEND a good app to use?

Hi!

Any news about ACPI thermal and the cooling problem for LION?

Nope; I´ve been in contact with prasys. He said he would look into it, but nothing yet

Any update for Lion on the first page?

Any of the current generic methods to install Lion is good enough for this machines.

As for the files/drivers, we are using (almost) all old files from snow.

I dont think the current functionality status deserve an update (well, Im actually not using lion).

If you guys think different let me know what you would like to be on the first post and I post it.

Nope; I´ve been in contact with prasys. He said he would look into it, but nothing yet

Any of the current generic methods to install Lion is good enough for this machines.

I dont think the current functionality status deserve an update (well, Im actually not using lion).

If you guys think different let me know what you would like to be on the first post and I post it.

Yeah, I mean somebody mentioned we have to take kexts into /System/Library/Extensions (instead of /Extra/Extensions now), is it a must, and stuffs like that. Thanks for replying

Today I came across this kext. I installed and solved the battery X issue an the fan kicked in and working so the temp is now much lower. I will perform some more test later.

Today I came across this kext. I installed and solved the battery X issue an the fan kicked in and working so the temp is now much lower. I will perform some more test later.

Thats version 1.3.5, from 10.6.7 I guess. I would like to know if is untouched or has some patch on it.

Im downloading 10.6.7 combo update to extract this kext and try it in Lion