HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Hi, good find. From I know, that's the "Universal" C-State definition, adding the first ones C1, C2 and C3 (maybe is just one of them working), injected by default from the Chameleon flag to the Scope PR (in SSDT). So, it should works for your CPU to basic level without problem. But personally I recommend extract your own tables (for your laptop model), I think is a better idea, which will enable all the C-States for your processor to hardware level. Furthermore, I have a question, because I don't know your laptop model: Have you C-States support right now (w/o those lines)? I am talking about IOreg and Terminal output? Also, you have audio stuttering and/or hight temperatures after cold boot?. Thank you.

Thanks for explanation that, my laptop is Lenovo Xuri C466M which is too old by now, the hardware is similar with hp 6520s. I think the C-state&P-sate is working, I just add three C-state from SSDT table before, and then I add all of them. P-state works by add PLimitDict in the IOPlatformThermalProfile. For the audio card, i haven't that issue, you mentioned the "high temperatures" means the fan doesn't spin with cool boot ?

The fan problem is always in my place, if the laptop boots up with cool, fan doesn't spin, only I put it sleep and wakeup or restart.

--Here are some information of my laptop:zprood.zip

post-459659-1310014976_thumb.png

Regards.

OK. I think you don't want to try this, but maybe others.

haha, relax my friend. Im just saying I have it working without the tweaks you outlined. In my case I dont see fit to apply them. I would test them if I find some free time in the weekend though, for the sake of knowing.

Also I think C-States apply for the whole family of a particular CPU core: if you have any merom core based CPU you can use the MacBook3,1.plist as it is and it would work just fine. Same goes for penryn and the MacBook4,1.plist

Anyway, I wanted to share some thoughts about Lion. The graphic performance is awful. To me, the freeze mouse pointer problem looks like a background process of some kind taking resources (maybe a hardware check?). I say this because the freeze would happens at regular intervals of time (I would say something like every 5-7 seconds). Eventhough this problem disappear replacing the drivers with the ones from snow, the graphic performance still very bad, the GUI is very chunky compared with 10.6

Anyway, I wanted to share some thoughts about Lion. The graphic performance is awful. To me, the freeze mouse pointer problem looks like a background process of some kind taking resources (maybe a hardware check?). I say this because the freeze would happens at regular intervals of time (I would say something like every 5-7 seconds). Eventhough this problem disappear replacing the drivers with the ones from snow, the graphic performance still very bad, the GUI is very chunky compared with 10.6

I've no problem with mouse freeze, but graphics is really lagging. But the bigger problem are high temperatures and the absence of fan control. Fans start only when the notebook reaches very high temperatures.

Anyway, I wanted to share some thoughts about Lion. The graphic performance is awful. To me, the freeze mouse pointer problem looks like a background process of some kind taking resources (maybe a hardware check?). I say this because the freeze would happens at regular intervals of time (I would say something like every 5-7 seconds).

Maybe the 32 Bit kernel mode? Seeing the "kernel_task" process in the Activity Monitor, I am suspecting about that. Seems not to be the same behavior in Snow.

Maybe the 32 Bit kernel mode? Seeing the "kernel_task" process in the Activity Monitor, I am suspecting about that. Seems not to be the same behavior in Snow.

Maybe that. Which are the 64 bit GMA kexts? 10.6.2? I would try to test it

I wonder what I do wrong.

I restored today the 3rd time my system from time-machine out of my 10.6.7 backup, because the upgrade to 10.6.8 went wrong, after the first reboot, my broadcom 4328 w-lan didn´t work anymore, also the resolution changed from 1280x800 to 800x640 and I couldn´t figure out, why this happens, I testet several configs, but it didn´t change anything :)

Also I testet installing 10.7 GM, but the installation didn´t start, it tells me, that 10.7 can´t be installed on my computer. I have profile mb3.2, mbp3.1 and mbp4.1 tested.

what can I do?

I wonder what I do wrong.

I restored today the 3rd time my system from time-machine out of my 10.6.7 backup, because the upgrade to 10.6.8 went wrong, after the first reboot, my broadcom 4328 w-lan didn´t work anymore, also the resolution changed from 1280x800 to 800x640 and I couldn´t figure out, why this happens, I testet several configs, but it didn´t change anything

Update, then re-install 10.6.7 graphic and network kexts on 10.6.8

Also I testet installing 10.7 GM, but the installation didn´t start, it tells me, that 10.7 can´t be installed on my computer. I have profile mb3.2, mbp3.1 and mbp4.1 tested.

Your partition table is GUID or MBR?

partition is GUID...

installing 10.7 should be possible from 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 afaik, or am I wrong?

Yes, but is not recommended. I suggest you create a new partition with format HFS+ (call it Lion), then install Lion from a USB pen (guide) or from the DMG on your pc.

I´ve tested installing Lion from USB-stick yesterday, but I only have the bootcd v0.3 for SL, so how to boot and install Lion? When using chameleon2rc5r760 I can boot from the usb-stick, but then I get a kernel-panic screen

EDIT: I didn´t work with kexts a long time, where are the kexts for graphic, wifi and so on? sorry for the stupid question, I installed SL for about one year and forgot it

I´ve tested installing Lion from USB-stick yesterday, but I only have the bootcd v0.3 for SL, so how to boot and install Lion? When using chameleon2rc5r760 I can boot from the usb-stick, but then I get a kernel-panic screen

EDIT: I didn´t work with kexts a long time, where are the kexts for graphic, wifi and so on? sorry for the stupid question, I installed SL for about one year and forgot it

Follow the guide i've suggested, it has worked fine for me. Graphic kexts are IntelGMAX3100 What the id of your x3100? 2a02 or 2a12? For wifi use IO80211family, for trackpad and keyboard voodooPS2. Here is my extra/extensions folder

Extensions.zip

Thanks, I´m using this guide right now and it works :)

I´ve got the GMA X3100 2a02

I´m installing at the moment and will tell, if all is working

EDIT: booting from the usb-stick failed... it stopped with a blackscreen.. I started my 10.6.7 and did a check of the usb-stick, it tells me the data-sets are wrong and it can´t be repaired

Thanks, I´m using this guide right now and it works ;)

I´ve got the GMA X3100 2a02

I´m installing at the moment and will tell, if all is working

EDIT: booting from the usb-stick failed... it stopped with a blackscreen.. I started my 10.6.7 and did a check of the usb-stick, it tells me the data-sets are wrong and it can´t be repaired

Try to format your stick

I formated the Stick several times, everytime with data-set errors.

Now I´m testing the stick with MBR, the other times I used GUID, formated with Extend (Journaled), now restoring the base image takes much more time, is that a good or a bad sign?

Friends, just for record... to test Lion 64 Bit kernel mode, requires chameleon r760 (or up) and need add this to /Extra/c.a.B.p:

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

TESTED: 64 Bit works fine (no artifacts), BUT not QE/CI full support (as Lion vanilla driver it have), even using the AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer from 10.6.2. So, I think is a kernel mode problem, and/or some combination of graphic bug.

TESTED: 64 Bit works fine (no artifacts), BUT not QE/CI full support (as Lion vanilla driver it have), even using the AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer from 10.6.2. So, I think is a kernel mode problem, and/or some combination of graphic bug.

Would be nice to know if this happens on the santa rosa macbook as well

I did read in some place that "kernel task behavior" could be related (in our hackbook) to missing/pending battery detection. Nevertheless, it does not happen in 64 Bit mode, as we know. BTW, has somebody the battery meter working?

I did read in some place that "kernel task behavior" could be related (in our hackbook) to missing/pending battery detection. Nevertheless, it does not happen in 64 Bit mode, as we know. BTW, has somebody the battery meter working?

Tried with AppleACPIBatterymangar and with VoodooBattery, it still not working. I can't boot in 64bit mode, I think it's related to my x3100 2a12 kexts. Someone have a script for patch them? 2a12 patcher package doesn't work.

I can't boot in 64bit mode, I think it's related to my x3100 2a12 kexts.

Which Chameleon revision you have (about THIS)?. I think 64 Bit boot for us is VGA mode, and no graphic driver is loaded. But, still you can change the device ID (2a02 to 2a12) manually inside both x3100.kext and FB.kext (info.plist). Then, install.

Which Chameleon revision you have (about THIS)?. I think 64 Bit boot for us is VGA mode, and no graphic driver is loaded. But, still you can change the device ID (2a02 to 2a12) manually inside both x3100.kext and FB.kext (info.plist). Then, install.

Do I have to use AppleIntelGMAX3100, AppleIntelGMAX3100FB, AppleIntelGMAX3100.plugin, AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver and AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver from 10.6.2? Or only first two?

Do I have to use AppleIntelGMAX3100, AppleIntelGMAX3100FB, AppleIntelGMAX3100.plugin, AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver and AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver from 10.6.2? Or only first two?

Install all them. But logically only patch the first two! And come on! We talk many times about that is this thread. PLEASE.

• 2 weeks later...