HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Thanks! Will this guide work with my laptop? ;)

Can you help me in the following problem? (Sorry I searched a lot on InsanelyMac but i didn't find anything useful)

So i have the following PC:

Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev. 1.0, AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ stock, 4x2G 800MHz Kingston RAM, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD5770 Vapor-X 1GB, Western Digital 500GB SATAII+Samsung 1TB SATAII+Samsung 1TB SATAII, Chieftec CTG-500-80P

I didn't find how-tos to this configuration, and I think you are experienced than me in the world of OSX86 and you can help me how to install Snow Leopard or Lion to that PC. :) I installed SL to my HP550 with success, but I'd like to install that to my desktop PC, but I don't know exactly what distro is needed to my pc. :wacko:

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

bnv

Thanks! Will this guide work with my laptop? :blink:

Can you help me in the following problem? (Sorry I searched a lot on InsanelyMac but i didn't find anything useful)

So i have the following PC:

Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev. 1.0, AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ stock, 4x2G 800MHz Kingston RAM, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD5770 Vapor-X 1GB, Western Digital 500GB SATAII+Samsung 1TB SATAII+Samsung 1TB SATAII, Chieftec CTG-500-80P

I didn't find how-tos to this configuration, and I think you are experienced than me in the world of OSX86 and you can help me how to install Snow Leopard or Lion to that PC. ;) I installed SL to my HP550 with success, but I'd like to install that to my desktop PC, but I don't know exactly what distro is needed to my pc. ;)

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

bnv

I don't know. You don't have a vanilla chipset, you need a kernel that support AMD. Search the forum how install Snow Leopard on AMD

Hi,'

I manage to install osx lion on my hp6820s most hardware is working exept the video card ati 1350

I try to install these driver i had for leopard but it seems that these arent working.

Are there other drivers? i used kext helper b7

thanx for the help..

Friends, just for record... to test Lion 64 Bit kernel mode, requires chameleon r760 (or up) and need add this to /Extra/c.a.B.p:

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

TESTED: 64 Bit works fine (no artifacts), BUT not QE/CI full support (as Lion vanilla driver it have), even using the AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer from 10.6.2. So, I think is a kernel mode problem, and/or some combination of graphic bug.

I could make it work, but only in 32bit mode. I combined the Lion's AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext with a snow leo's FB kext, and the mouse problem was gone and QE/CI is ok!

x3100_2a12.zip

I could make it work, but only in 32bit mode. I combined the Lion's AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext with a snow leo's FB kext, and the mouse problem was gone and QE/CI is ok!

Thanks man. Now it works well, no more cursor moving freeze.

Fantastic! Now we have to solve the problem of high temperatures

Could someone please post their /extra folder and the kexts used to get Lion up and running?

I just notice that the new version chameleon for lion can't load E/E kexts properly when using the UseKernelCache=yes , so the easy way to solve this is put all the kext to the S/L/E folder.

That was really Sweet! So, also getting to my laptop better temps of course, because no more intermittent 5-10% CPU load every 2-4 seconds in kernel_task process. Now is high "idle" % as should be (like snow). THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Thanks for the x3100 kexts Sanya.

@juanerson, could you please post your DSDT and the kexts used to get Lion running? So far Ive managed to get Wifi, gfx, sleep, sound and trackpad working. Wondering how you getting normal temperatures?

Edit: Spoke too soon, seems like I added some kext that started causing it not to sleep. Only things I changed were VoodooHDA, VoodooPS2 and Ethernet kext

Edit 2: Managed to get the Battery meter working using the attached kext in S/L/E. Although battery meter is working in the menubar, it doesn't display the info in System Profiler.

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext.zip

Edit 3: Sleep working by putting new SleepEnabler kext for Lion in S/L/E

Any luck with and temperature issues?

Edit 2: Managed to get the Battery meter working using the attached kext in S/L/E. Although battery meter is working in the menubar, it doesn't display the info in System Profiler.

Edit 3: Sleep working by putting new SleepEnabler kext for Lion in S/L/E

Any luck with and temperature issues?

My report:

1) Battery kext not worked here... X in menu bar as always and from DP1... So, maybe your dsdt is different?

2) We don't need sleepenabler kext at all (even in Lion) from May 2010 (new dsdt).

3) To solve "temperature issues" we need an AppleACPIThermal kext fully working, that do not exist at moment for 10.7.

Thank you anyway.

Im using your DSDT from may 2010 and I installed that kext for battery in S/L/E and it worked. Although I must mention I didnt add any additional kexts in /E/E myself, I used the Extra's folder included in this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=0&start=0

Im sure it included NullPowerManagement kext hence why I had to use SleepEnabler. If I added my own kexts (FakeSMC, DeviceMergeNub and Intel82566MM) my keyboard and trackpad wouldnt work. Had to manually connect my USB mouse and keyboard to get it working even though I have VoodooPS2 in S/L/E.

Im using your DSDT from may 2010 and I installed that kext for battery in S/L/E and it worked. Although I must mention I didnt add any additional kexts in /E/E myself, I used the Extra's folder included in this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=0&start=0

Im sure it included NullPowerManagement kext hence why I had to use SleepEnabler. If I added my own kexts (FakeSMC, DeviceMergeNub and Intel82566MM) my keyboard and trackpad wouldnt work. Had to manually connect my USB mouse and keyboard to get it working even though I have VoodooPS2 in S/L/E.

Please, can you upload your DSDT, and ioreg from Lion?? By the way, please let me tell you one thing, related to sleepenabler "had to use" in your case... so, I need to ask why you install a NullCPU kext if you have a Core2Duo processor? C2D is vanilla (Apple kernel support), therefore that have absolutely no sense in the hackintosh world my friend... because you are blocking the native power management (I mean SpeedStep for example).

Please, can you upload your DSDT, and ioreg from Lion?? By the way, please let me tell you one thing, related to sleepenabler "had to use" in your case... so, I need to ask why you install a NullCPU kext if you have a Core2Duo processor? C2D is vanilla (Apple kernel support), therefore that have absolutely no sense in the hackintosh world my friend... because you are blocking the native power management (I mean SpeedStep for example).

I really appreciate your help ;) I didnt know what kexts to put in /E/E since I couldnt boot after putting the same kexts from Snow Leo and having just FakeSMC and VoodooPS2, my keyboard and trackpad wouldnt work. If you tell me what kexts you used in /E/E I could change my setup, so far everything is working with my current setup (apart from the temp issue, which we cant help as you said)

I have attached the DSDT im using, what part of IOReg did you want me to paste?

dsdt.aml.zip

Thank you. Please I need the entire .ioreg file extracted with IORegistryExplorer.app (File -- save a copy as) from Lion.

P.D. Please read the recently posts (the last 7 pages), to understand that we are using the same kexts than have "fully" working in Snow, almost the exactly same we all know here (in my signature the links), and especially at least "in my case" all them from /S/L/E. These is practically the new rule-condition for Lion. I mean all extensions installed on /S/L/E, due to his particular main cache (prelinked kernel), because can be booster (see -v mode) only by using the chameleon flag "UseKernelCache=Yes" available in chameleon r760 and up, which exclude the /E/E folder and /E/Extensions.mkext cache.

@dakku. Please, the last questions I promise:

1) Which Lion.app version of Golden Master you have installed: GM from internet sites or GM from App Store (retail)?

2) Have you installed AppleACPIPlatform.kext from Snow 10.6.7 or 10.6.8? Of course, that's explain the battery functionality. No more comments about it. BTW, thank you again.

@To all, guys take a look to the Slice's Chameleon Branch r1208 in my signature (link). Is Snow-Lion ready, and the better part, CPU auto detection directly from BIOS, bring full BUS and FSB perfect support in my case. I love this bootloader, and in my opinion is THE BEST right now. Attached my /Extra/two.plists for flags reference that I am using at moment.

Captura_de_pantalla_2011_07_27_a_las_13.22.06.png Captura_de_pantalla_2011_07_27_a_la_s__13.29.46.png

Particular Key Flags in this great Branch (Big thanks to Slice):

<key>GetCPUfromBIOS</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>RestartFix</key>
<string>PS2</string>

Notes: Just in case, I have NO audio stuttering because I am loading full C-States support (tables) in my dsdt. Consider it.

Two_Extra_Plist_Snow___Lion.zip

@juanerson, Lion version is GM off the internet, not the app store version, since the build numbers were the same I didnt bother to update

AppleACPIPlatform.kext is from 10.6.8 I think, I hadnt updated my Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 so I downloaded this kext off this forum (where someone was having battery meter issues too)

Thanks for all your help ;) I will try out the bootloader you've suggested too.

Edit: It really bothered me that my CPU temp was as high as 80 degrees C. So I was playing around with a few kexts from Snow Leopard and realised that I managed to bring it back to normal temp once again! I added Legacy_SpeedStep_MacBook32_1065.kext and AppleACPIThermal.kext to S/L/E and Im back to 50-54 degrees C with 7-8 applications running. I know this might not be the best method but it just means that my temps are back to normal and I finally have a fully usable hackintosh running Lion.

@To all, guys take a look to the Slice's Chameleon Branch r1208 in my signature (link). Is Snow-Lion ready, and the better part, CPU auto detection directly from BIOS, bring full BUS and FSB perfect support in my case. I love this bootloader, and in my opinion is THE BEST right now.

Great! +300 in my Geekbench! Thanks Juanerson. I've the same score on Lion, also. The only problem is audio stuttering. I've a t5270, can I add full C-States / P-States in my dsdt? I've read your posts but i'm afraid of making mistakes.