Overclock Celeron D

Colonel

31 posts in this topic

Well normally, I would recommend getting better cooling for your cpu and start raisin that Vcore voltage. However, i dono but this may be your board's limit. Try the Anandtech overclocking forums for some better advice. GL

Sorry for dropping in, I have a similar "wish". I have an Celeron D 345 (3.06 GHZ) and think about overclocking the CPU. My Board is an P4MAM2-V from MSI. If I enter the Setup, the only way seems to change the FSB from 133 to 142, I can't change the multiplier.

Has anyone an idea?

dripple

I have a celeron d 2.13ghz. It can do 3.8GHz stable with stock cooling at 1.5v on my abit IC7 239MHz FSB, but on my p4dual 915gl, the fsb won't go above 150. I think the board is too stupid to change the memory and PCI dividers at higher FSB speeds. It just sets the dividers for the auto detect fsb speed and that's it.

you can't on the p4dual, but the voltage is not the problem. Even if the CPU can do 3.6GHz at default voltage, which is likely. Setting the FSB to 200MHz would run your RAM at 500MHz (250MHz DDR), because with a 133MHz CPU it the bios only lets you choose 333MHz(5:4) or 400MHz(3:2) which at 200MHz is 500MHz and 600MHz respectively.

Thanks for tricks, I will try on celeron mobile.

bad call man. trying to overclock a mobile computer is generally a bad idea, basically because of the lack of upgradable cooling. if you think your lappy can handle it, more power to ya.

imo, overclocking a celeron probably wouldnt make much of a difference. if i recall, my brother overclocked his and my pIII still knocked it out of the water. its all in the cache. if it works for you guys, Great! ill stick with buying a p4, or an amd 64.

Hey, the colonel,

I think you can only get so many pieces of chicken out of your 'Bagain Bucket' of KFC. :D No offense, but I think you need to go for the 'Bumper Bucket' in a few weeks when Intel drop the price on their Pentium D 930. Of course, you would need to upgrade your sides and gravy as well because your mobo can't take the Pentium D.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/restaurants-cafes-...ken-kfc/346878/

Bargain Bucket – At 7.99 I think this, like all family meals except one, is aimed at 4 people although I am not sure, as this seems too little for four people. There are four regular fries, as well as six large pieces of chicken. Also you can add many extras including drinks for 99p. See below for extras.

Super Bargain Bucket – For 8.99 this offers 8 pieces of chicken with 4 regular fries, more appropriate for four people perhaps. Again extras cost 99p.

Mega Bucket – At 9.99 This gives you 10 pieces of chicken and 4 regular fries (this just keeps increasing).

Variety Combo – here we go, this is the great family meal that me and my grandparents – 3 people – ordered at the weekend. 6 pieces of chicken, 4 hot wings, 4 crispy strips, 4 regular fries, all for 9.99. Also for 99p we bought an extra – a 1.5 litre bottle of Pepsi! We took the whole meal home and ate in the living room, a great experience with a wide variety of food. All very filling, and I ended up eating two servings of fries, drinking moist of the Pepsi, and stealing all four crispy strips as well as some chicken pieces.

Bumper Bucket – This is great, although expensive. I’ve never had it though. It includes a massive 14 pieces of chicken with 6 regular fries for 12.99.

Hey, the colonel,

I think you can only get so many pieces of chicken out of your 'Bagain Bucket' of KFC. :) No offense, but I think you need to go for the 'Bumper Bucket' in a few weeks when Intel drop the price on their Pentium D 930. Of course, you would need to upgrade your sides and gravy as well because your mobo can't take the Pentium D.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/restaurants-cafes-...ken-kfc/346878/

Wait. What is that last part supposed to mean. . . ?

Sup man? I have a celeron D and let me tell you. It is by far the best cpu to overclock. I have the 2.8Ghz cele and atm i'm running @ a bleeding fast 3.5Ghz. :idea: I was once told that a Intel branded motherboard is the hardest to overclock because they have no options what so ever. They were wrong. What you need to do is take a good look at your motherboard and manual. What you need to find is the the clock multiplier (i think that's what it's called)... it usually is made by ICS. Then you need to get an app called Clockgen. It is a windows app, so unless you have windows or are running darwine, you aren't running it. Next step is actually harder than the rest. Find the correct number in the pull-down menu. If you use the wrong number you can either cause mass damage to your fsb, or you will just freeze your computer. Either way, be carefull. Then use the fine tuning option to jump the fsb higher and higher untill you are afraid that your cpu is going to grow a hand and slap you. Then there ya go. The easiest way to overclock your motherboard. And remember, keep your cpu cool otherwise you'll burn it up. I can run mine @ 3.9Ghz, but i'm still on stock cooling, so my computer overheats and freezes. Well, I hope I helped you out.

Cheers!