Instructions.

thanks to enniotosh and flashgz and a my little effort

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...129619&st=0

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry866452

download this package ati_x600_ID5462.pkg.zip

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=32953

install it -change your ATI ID in ATIRADEON9700 info.plist

do not reboot

navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ . Inside there, right click on the kext: ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.Bundle and click Show Package Contents. Go into the contents folder then the MacOS folder and there will be a file called ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver. Copy this to your desktop. Once on your desktop, Rename the file to this EXACTLY. ATIRadeon9700GLDriver. Then copy the file and navigate back to /System/Library/Extensions/. This time right click on ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.Bundle and go Show package contents. Move through the contents folder to the MacOS folder and paste the file there. It will ask for a password and make sure you replace the file!!!!

do not reboot

install natit.kext into a fresh Kext helper. install the kext but dont reboot i used natit edited -chenge ATI ID in info.plist

Open the Terminal from utilities.It is essential that you type the following commands correctly:

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDVR.kext

It will ask you for your password, enter it and all should go smoothly.

Next repair permissions:

diskutil repairPermissions /

When thats done, all thats left to do is remove the extensions.mkext!

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

I hope is usefull for all the people with old ATI card

lunux

ok more instructions

open the package ati_x600_ID5462.pkg.zip (show package contents) go to atiradeon9700 and change ID number cause this package is for ATIrdeon x600 ID 5462

if you need here is natit but please before installing

put your ATI ID number (my number was 5462)

1.tiff

Natit_edited.kext.zip

here the grabbed image

yes it is possible

Instructions.

do not reboot

navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ . Inside there, right click on the kext: ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.Bundle and click Show Package Contents. Go into the contents folder then the MacOS folder and there will be a file called ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver. Copy this to your desktop. Once on your desktop, Rename the file to this EXACTLY. ATIRadeon9700GLDriver. Then copy the file and navigate back to /System/Library/Extensions/. This time right click on ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.Bundle and go Show package contents. Move through the contents folder to the MacOS folder and paste the file there. It will ask for a password and make sure you replace the file!!!!

do not reboot

install natit.kext into a fresh Kext helper. install the kext but dont reboot i used natit edited -chenge ATI ID in info.plist

Open the Terminal from utilities.It is essential that you type the following commands correctly:

Next repair permissions:

I hope is usefull for all the people with old ATI card?

lunux

ok more instructions

open the package ati_x600_ID5462.pkg.zip (show package contents) go to atiradeon9700 and change ID number cause this package is for ATIrdeon x600 ID 5462

Hi,

Are you still using Callisto on top of the natit for the resolution change?

could you post a quick guide....i will try the same with 200m

TX,

yes I am using callisto for resolution,

I noticed these problem after QE CI activation>

1 cover flow not works in tunes and finder

2 temperature a little bit more high 44-46

3 scren saver not works

I think for ATI ID different from my ID 5462 you can use Katana 3.4

then extract using pacifist the ATI kext from from the package ATi5462 zip change the ATI ID and install

then follow the rest of instructions

by the way I have a Toshiba M60 SS2 Intel centrino

Leopard Toh upedated 10.5.2

chameleon 10 efi installed

Gave it a try on a HP NC8230 with ATI x600 mobility, after reboot I got a blank screen.

try again I am sure it has to work.

did you change your ATI ID number before install callisto and kext?

I think it a good way to install before callisto using katana

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=7134

Katana_0.3a4.dmg.zip

to have a proper EDID for your card then you can install the ATI kext from the package I think they are from 10.4.5. Tiger

change the ATIX1000 as in the guide

and finally install NATIT

nevere reboot during the process

repair permissions

a link for my kext

I suggest to check your ATI ID number and change it in the kext before install

and use katana to have perfect EDID in Callisto.

I hope it helps a lot of us trying to activate QE CI for ATI old cards

Atix600forLeo.zip

Thanks,

I am going to give it a try and post my results. BTW i have the callisto perfectly worked out for my laptop inspiron 1501 for a widescreem 1280x800 resolution.

keeping my fingers crossed... :P

EDIT: Ok..i tried it..did all the steps..but it is getting stuck up while loading callisto....tried safe mode...it loads to the desktop but the QE/CI is not enabled..

any suggestions???

flashGX here,

do you have to change ur device id in natit? i checked and it has alot of them already in there, as there is an auto natit kext which you can use which has all of them.

-flash

no..i did not have to change it...mine is 5975 which is already there...

i just added my device id in the 9700.kext info.plist.

Edited by gurukool

I have to say my system is Leo Toh 10.5.2 with Graphics update, so I am using all the other kext installed by the update.

I dont know if is important but I am using CHAMELEON EFI Bootloader you can find it browsing internet

I am sorry I dont have it ,

cause I used the kext in the package ati_x600_ID5462.pkg.zip

but I think could be a 10.4.5 kext patched by koverg application .

Is this just showing CI/QE enabled? or it can play movie, use iwork properly?

Is the menu bar still fully transparent?

It shows CI QE enabled, my menus bar is fully transparent and I can play movie ,

problems are : no cover flow in Itunes ,cooliris in firefox crashes .

I ll put a grabbed image as soon as possible.

Hi lunux, nice work.

Initially I tried with your package but then I thought that having dev_id 4e50 your patched 9700 kext would not work. So, after scanning a bit more in detail the forums you were referring to, I finally got it happening on my Mobility Radeon 9600/9700 (M10/M11) card. Here's what I did:

1) Downloaded Update 10.5.1 Intel from Apple

2) Extracted ATI* kexts from it and re-installed them with Kext Helper b7 (to 'clear' any previous attempts, messed files)

3) Downloaded Update 10.4.8 Intel from Apple and extracted the following kexts with Pacifist:

- ATIRadeon9700.kext

- ATIRadeon9700DVDDriver.bundle

- ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin

- ATIRadeon9700VADriver.bundle

- ATIRadeonGA.plugin

- ATIRadeonGLDriver.bundle

4) Patched ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin and - ATIRadeonGA.plugin (IONDVRFrameBuffer -> CallistoFB)

5) Installed these kext (with Kext Helper)

6) Installed Natit auto

7) Installed - ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle (10.5.1) patched with ATIRadeonx1000GLDriver.bundle from build 9a321

!!! EDIT :: 30 Oct 2008 !!!

7)Installed - ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle from build 9a321 patched with ATIRadeonx1000GL.driver renamed to ATIRadeon9700GL.driver from 10.5.1 ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

Sorry for the mistake guys!!

Here is what I got:

post-209019-1225210941_thumb.jpg

As you can see:

100% transparent Menu...

Now, I haven't Koverg patched my ATIRadeon9700.kext for i kept crashing. I tested this step by step, even prior to make any other patch but no go. Probably this is because my card is AGP...

Have you got any idea, or direction that I could follow for future tests? Thanks!

Hi lunux, nice work.

Initially I tried with your package but then I thought that having dev_id 4e50 your patched 9700 kext would not work. So, after scanning a bit more in detail the forums you were referring to, I finally got it happening on my Mobility Radeon 9600/9700 (M10/M11) card. Here's what I did:

2) Extracted ATI* kexts from it and re-installed them with Kext Helper b7 (to 'clear' any previous attempts, messed files)

3) Downloaded Update 10.4.8 Intel from Apple and extracted the following kexts with Pacifist:

- ATIRadeon9700.kext

- ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin

- ATIRadeonGA.plugin

4) Patched ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin and - ATIRadeonGA.plugin (IONDVRFrameBuffer -> CallistoFB)

6) Installed Natit auto

7) Installed - ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle (10.5.1) patched with ATIRadeonx1000GLDriver.bundle from build 9a321

Here is what I got:

As you can see:

100% transparent Menu, but also the Genius bar is transparent!!

Now, I haven't Koverg patched my ATIRadeon9700.kext for i kept crashing. I tested this step by step, even prior to make any other patch but no go. Probably this is because my card is AGP...

Have you got any idea, or direction that I could follow for future tests? Thanks!

I am happy for you, but tell me ....

is it working for you dvdplayer and itunes coverflow?

are you having temperature problem or slow applications?

for future test I was thinking before pack some install package to wait for more suggestions from

people more exeperienced of me if they will read my post.

I got the idea ,anyway, to use atiradeon9800 to patch ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle, only to check.

I am happy for you, but tell me ....

is it working for you dvdplayer and itunes coverflow?

are you having temperature problem or slow applications?

for future test I was thinking before pack some install package to wait for more suggestions from

people more exeperienced of me if they will read my post.

I got the idea ,anyway, to use atiradeon9800 to patch ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle, only to check.

Hi, and thanks for replying so quickly.

Regarding features working, not working, I think it's like for most of the people out there:

DVD plays (can hear audion), but white screen

Coverflow: not working

Preview: if I open a picture hitting the space bar -> OK BUT if I actually open the file I get a white document (like for DVD) and the system hangs (unlike DVD)

Also, I have noticed that having Natit or not doesn't seem to make any difference

What do you mean by "for future test I was thinking before pack some install package to wait for more suggestions from people more exeperienced of me if they will read my post."?

Regarding your idea, I gave it a go so I tried both 9800 GDL and X2000 GDL but I lose QE/CI.

One intereDL.bundle (build 9A321) I get QE BUT no CI...

Anyway... finger crossed guys!

Hi lunux, nice work.

- ATIRadeon9700.kext

- ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin

- ATIRadeonGA.plugin

6) Installed Natit auto

Here is what I got:

As you can see:

100% transparent Menu, but also the Genius bar is transparent!!

Could you send me the kexts. I woiuld like to try again for 200M after my first failed attempt. Could be because of the already patched files. Pls send me the originals.

Thx.

Could you send me the kexts. I woiuld like to try again for 200M after my first failed attempt. Could be because of the already patched files. Pls send me the originals.

Thx.

You can download them from Apple as a OS update, namely the 10.4.5 INTEL. Once you get them, navigate into the package and expand the archive called 'Archive.pax.gz'. You will then find all the kexts in Archive/System/Library/Extensions.

Good luck :rolleyes:

Thx.

Hi, I have notice I made a mistake in my previous post. Please read my EDIT above...

Cheers

lunux, can you confirm that you have video working? If so, what player did you get that working on?

I tried both quicktime and VLC, but AVI movies are all white. Only difference since I have QE/CI is that they "play" (I have wonderful sound quality, and that VLC doesn't crash...

lunux, can you confirm that you have video working? If so, what player did you get that working on?

I tried both quicktime and VLC, but AVI movies are all white. Only difference since I have QE/CI is that they "play" (I have wonderful sound quality, and that VLC doesn't crash...

It worked the first time , now I have the problems you have white screen and very slow reponse when I try some graphics application

oory I think we have to work more on driver

You are right. I think we should try and scan a bit more those log files. In particular, we should monitor what's happening when the video plays (with the white screen) and see if there is any error coming up. That can be a starting point...

I'll keep you posted anyway :P

here the grabbed image

yes it is possible

Instructions.

do not reboot

do not reboot

Next repair permissions:

I hope is usefull for all the people with old ATI card

lunux

ok more instructions

didnt work for me HP laptop ZD8480EA ATI X600

Hi I Tried it on my HP laptop ZD8480EA ATI Radeon X600 and all i have now is a black screen can anyone help how to change it back.

Cheers

Madtech

didnt work for me HP laptop ZD8480EA ATI X600

Hi I Tried it on my HP laptop ZD8480EA ATI Radeon X600 and all i have now is a black screen can anyone help how to change it back.

Cheers

Madtech

terminal method

boot again from your dvd

F8

write

-s

then at the prompt

you can see two instructions

mount -uw

write and wait the result

then usr/sbin/fdisk ( if I remeber well)

write and wait

finally

write this

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*

reboot

simple method

boot from pc no dvd inserted

F8

write

-x

and delete all ATi kext in

System/Library/Extensions