Can Leopard find files in NTFS Volumes?

enastipos

9 posts in this topic

I have installed MacOsX 10.5.2 on my PC (asus P5KC, dual core 2160 1.8GHz running at 3GHz)

Everithing are working fine (even my USB wifi card, realteck 8187 ! )

I have two problems

The major one is that Finder application cannot search in the NTFS volumes (it seems like it is searching but does nothing) (I have tryed both macFUSE and Paragon) I can see them perfectly but no search.... is there any external program that can do this search?

The second problem (minor) is that I cannot set permissions for the NTFS Volumes, folders or files , they are Read and Write for all the users of the computer. Do anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks!

If you can afford it you should get Paragon NTFS for mac. I experienced that NTFS-3G (which is not warez btw.) gave me very slow write speed. Could be my fault though.

Anyways, Paragon gives me very good speed and it works very well.

Spotlight searching on my NTFS drive was not enabled by default, I had to enter a command in terminal to get it to index my disk. Don't remember the command now, but do a search.

Perfect! the Easyfind worked in NTFS Volumes! Thanks! ( I didn't try the SpotLight solution I am happy with this one!)

I also confirm that Paragon is very very fast :-)

So the first thing is solved :-)

What about the permissions on NTFS Volumes will I be able to set permissions for my users ????

• 3 weeks later...